TV shows that you think where once good are crap now.

#1 Edited by thelordofpies (757 posts) -

show's that started off good but when down over the year's and that are bad now.

#2 Posted by Master_Live (15408 posts) -

The Simpsons.

There is no better answer. They stopped being funny 15 years ago and it is a fucking shame.

#3 Posted by dave123321 (34306 posts) -

Simpsons

Trying to think

#4 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3210 posts) -

Supernatural

It has sucked ever since season 6

#5 Posted by Iszdope (10590 posts) -

Nah, Supernatural has always sucked.

#6 Posted by indzman (19340 posts) -

Scooby Doo new episodes plain suck

#7 Edited by thelordofpies (757 posts) -

Don't forget Dexter or True Blood.

#8 Posted by Allicrombie (25419 posts) -

Simpsons, Family Guy, True Blood, WWE in general,

#9 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4313 posts) -

Wilfred: The first series was great and innovate but after that....meh

#10 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

Charmed, i loved that show as a kid but now i see how cheesy it was.

#11 Posted by thelordofpies (757 posts) -

Family Guy.

#12 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10321 posts) -

i don't see how you could overstretch something for years and expect it to maintain the quality. so basically every show that has been going for years.

#13 Posted by sukraj (23680 posts) -

The Simpsons

#14 Posted by Aljosa23 (25665 posts) -

The Simpsons. :(

Seasons 1-8 (and some of 9 and 10) are the greatest TV comedy ever created.

#15 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152141 posts) -

@VaguelyTagged said:

i don't see how you could overstretch something for years and expect it to maintain the quality. so basically every show that has been going for years.

#16 Edited by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

The first three seasons were great...but I stopped watching after that. And lo and behold...they brought it back yet again! I watched the first episode of the current season and decided it just wasn't good enough to continue.

#17 Posted by Master_Live (15408 posts) -

I thought 24 was great until season 5 which arguably was its best. Then they crapped the bed in season 6 and I lost interest after that.

#18 Edited by sammyjenkis898 (28245 posts) -

The final two seasons of Buffy weren't good, even though the sixth season contains one of the best episodes of the series. Season seven is particularly awful.

Currently watching The X-Files and I'm already dreading the moment of decline.

I can't imagine continuing on with the show once Mulder leaves.

#19 Posted by Boddicker (2984 posts) -

I tried watching True Blood.

How the hell is that drivel on HBO?

#20 Posted by bforrester420 (1903 posts) -

I'll echo everyone else that said The Simpsons. I don't even bother watching it anymore. Family Guy still has its moments. There are shows like That 70's Show that I used to enjoy

#21 Posted by JohnF111 (14107 posts) -

@thelordofpies said:

Don't forget Dexter or True Blood.

I was coming to say Dexter. Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones and Hannibal have all raised the bar so high that I think I managed to watch three or four episodes before realising how cheesy the show was.

#22 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7956 posts) -

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Wilfred: The first series was great and innovate but after that....meh

The Australian version is pretty funny though much darker than the US version.

#23 Posted by Ackad (3183 posts) -

Definitely the SImpsons.

#24 Edited by EPICCOMMANDER (744 posts) -
@Iszdope said:

...the hell did you say?

#25 Posted by magicalclick (23494 posts) -

Dexter the laboratory. The art style is horrible. And not funny.

#26 Posted by BossPerson (9109 posts) -

suits

#27 Posted by foxhound_fox (90309 posts) -

The Simpsons and Family Guy are the biggest offenders.

Not sure how they even come up with original ideas anymore.

#28 Posted by AdamDestro (6 posts) -

Supernatural were so good at the beginning but now it's a crap

#29 Posted by PurpleLabel (314 posts) -

Simpsons. People that say true blood lol, that was never good.

#30 Edited by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -

Though I'm a huge Supernatural fan, I agree, it's gone off the rails. This angels/demons/blah blah blah they've got going on has really overstayed its' welcome. Go back to killing monsters. There was one episode last season where they did that, and it was GREAT. It had a whole different tone than the rest of the season, and they need to get back to that.

#31 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58226 posts) -

Simpsons, Futurama, Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory. Maybe BBT was never "good" but now it's more like an episode of Friends. It abandoned its premise when they all got girlfriends.

#32 Posted by Lord_Omikron666 (4792 posts) -

DBZ

#33 Posted by mjorh (1105 posts) -

@VaguelyTagged said:

Well you gotta watch "Friends" !

#34 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29669 posts) -
@sammyjenkis898 said:

The final two seasons of Buffy weren't good, even though the sixth season contains one of the best episodes of the series. Season seven is particularly awful.

Ugh last two seasons of Buffy aren't? I'm stuck in the fourth season right now, the first three were amazing but four is dragging. Haven't gone back to it for a while as a result, but is it even worth going on?

I watched four seasons of X-Files, the first two seasons or so are really great and after that the episodes following the main plot are really good and the 'monster of the week' episodes are okay.

I'm in season 4 of Big Bang Theory and starting to worry about it. In particular Amy is just annoying, kind of like Sheldon but not funny. Bernadette is also not great. And unfortunately it looks from the casting like they're sticking around. Wish the show would just keep centering around the five main characters (Sheldon, Penny, Raj, Howard, Leonard) with support from the actually funny side characters like Kripkee, Wil Wheaton (the Wil Wheaton episodes are brilliant), and Howard's mom.

#35 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28245 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:
@sammyjenkis898 said:

Ugh last two seasons of Buffy aren't? I'm stuck in the fourth season right now, the first three were amazing but four is dragging. Haven't gone back to it for a while as a result, but is it even worth going on?

I watched four seasons of X-Files, the first two seasons or so are really great and after that the episodes following the main plot are really good and the 'monster of the week' episodes are okay.

I'm in season 4 of Big Bang Theory and starting to worry about it. In particular Amy is just annoying, kind of like Sheldon but not funny. Bernadette is also not great. And unfortunately it looks from the casting like they're sticking around. Wish the show would just keep centering around the five main characters (Sheldon, Penny, Raj, Howard, Leonard) with support from the actually funny side characters like Kripkee, Wil Wheaton (the Wil Wheaton episodes are brilliant), and Howard's mom.

Season four is kind of rough due to the change in setting (high school was really essential to its success, I think), but it finds its footing again as it goes on. The antagonist is fucking dull as hell, though. The second worst of the show (next to the one in season seven.) Have you gotten to Hush yet? That's definitely one of the show's best. Season five is my favorite season. It has my favorite big bad (next to the mayor) and my favorite episode. Joss Whedon pretty much left after that season and the show went to a different network. The finale for that season should have been the series finale. I just kind of pretend it ended there.

I'm in the middle of the fourth season for The X-Files and kind of struggling. The mythology episodes are a fucking bore. You can tell they were making it up as it went along. I like the monster of the week episodes the most (Home in particular has been a standout.)

#36 Posted by SoNin360 (5634 posts) -

I guess I'll go with something no one has said and say Spongebob. I legitimately still enjoy watching some of the older episodes. I've seen newer ones and it's just not the same, but I guess no show is after 15 years. I'd say it started to lose its quality some time after the movie came out.

#37 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29669 posts) -
@sammyjenkis898 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:
@sammyjenkis898 said:

Season four is kind of rough due to the change in setting (high school was really essential to its success, I think), but it finds its footing again as it goes on. The antagonist is fucking dull as hell, though. The second worst of the show (next to the one in season seven.) Have you gotten to Hush yet? That's definitely one of the show's best. Season five is my favorite season. It has my favorite big bad (next to the mayor) and my favorite episode. Joss Whedon pretty much left after that season and the show went to a different network. The finale for that season should have been the series finale. I just kind of pretend it ended there.

I'm in the middle of the fourth season for The X-Files and kind of struggling. The mythology episodes are a fucking bore. You can tell they were making it up as it went along. I like the monster of the week episodes the most (Home in particular has been a standout.)

Might try to get through to season 5 then. Haven't gotten to Hush, but from the episode description it sounds great. I did watch some of the Angel spin off which was fun. Didn't grip me as much as the first three seasons of Buffy did though.

By monster of the week I just generically meant all the one-shot episodes. Some are good some aren't. If you do go past season 4 let me know what you think/if it's worth it to keep going.

#38 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28245 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:
@sammyjenkis898 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:
@sammyjenkis898 said:

Might try to get through to season 5 then. Haven't gotten to Hush, but from the episode description it sounds great. I did watch some of the Angel spin off which was fun. Didn't grip me as much as the first three seasons of Buffy did though.

By monster of the week I just generically meant all the one-shot episodes. Some are good some aren't. If you do go past season 4 let me know what you think/if it's worth it to keep going.

Hush is probably the most creative episode of the show. I never got into Angel. Wasn't that big of a fan of the character.

Yeah, it's definitely inconsistent. I think season two is my favorite season. The mythology episodes are compelling (especially when Skully is kidnapped) and most of the monster of the week episodes are good.

#39 Edited by chessmaster1989 (29669 posts) -
@sammyjenkis898 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:
@sammyjenkis898 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:
@sammyjenkis898 said:

Hush is probably the most creative episode of the show. I never got into Angel. Wasn't that big of a fan of the character.

Yeah, it's definitely inconsistent. I think season two is my favorite season. The mythology episodes are compelling (especially when Skully is kidnapped) and most of the monster of the week episodes are good.

I think Angel is a better character off on his own show. His relationship with Buffy was weird and definitely not one of the finer points of the first three seasons. But it does have a problem that it kind of took side characters from Buffy and left behind the best characters to that show.

#40 Posted by uninspiredcup (11935 posts) -

Lost, Heroes and 24.

#41 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10321 posts) -

@mjorh said:

@VaguelyTagged said:

Well you gotta watch "Friends" !

i have, didn't like. : p

#42 Posted by Iszdope (10590 posts) -

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@Iszdope said:

...the hell did you say?

I SAID: "NAH, SUPERNATURAL HAS ALWAYS SUCKED".

#43 Posted by Wolf-Man2006 (4187 posts) -

The Simpsons is an easy answer, but the final season of Roseanne is simply put, horrible.

#44 Edited by playmynutz (6271 posts) -

A lot of shows like Braking Bad, American Dad, Super Natural and other random shows, I can't watch no more because they bring back good memories that make me sad

#45 Posted by FelipeInside (26048 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Lost, Heroes and 24.

24 should have ended around Season 4, but the following seasons were still pretty good compared to most crap on TV.

It was good the see Live Another Day. 24 came back after 4 years and still delivered exceptional TV.

#46 Posted by udUbdaWgz1 (633 posts) -

Bones.