This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by konvikt_17 (22170 posts) -

what is OT's opinion of the band Trapt.

I really like their first album, then a couple of their later songs.

ive recently rediscovered them. i had comepletely forgot about them till recently i was driving my sister to her friends house and i had let her play her music/ a Trapt song came on. i nostalgia'ed so hard.

i love their first album, but cant really seem to get into their newer stuff.

whats your opinions on Trapt, OT?

some of their songs for those who dont know them:

Headstrong

Enigma

The Game

EDIT- all three songs are from their first album.

#2 Posted by konvikt_17 (22170 posts) -

posting to get the pencil

#3 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
#4 Posted by konvikt_17 (22170 posts) -

They sound a lot like Breaking Benjamins.

Fightingfan

love Breaking Benjamin.

whats your opinion on them though?

#5 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

It's testosterone filled music, while I wouldn't download it, their motif won't make me turn off my radio like Justin Bieber or Lil Wayne(Post 90s).

*I have heard that headstrong song. I believe it was top of the charts at one point because it's been in tons of movies.

#6 Posted by konvikt_17 (22170 posts) -

It's testosterone filled music, while I wouldn't download it, their motif won't make me turn off my radio like Justin Bieber or Lil Wayne(Post 90s).Fightingfan

ah, so pretty much indifferent.

#7 Posted by Abbeten (2803 posts) -

It's testosterone filled music, while I wouldn't download it, their motif won't make me turn off my radio like Justin Bieber or Lil Wayne(Post 90s).

*I have heard that headstrong song. I believe it was top of the charts at one point because it's been in tons of movies.

Fightingfan
Man, Carters I and II were post 90s and they were dope. Not to mention his mixtapes
#8 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
ah, so pretty much indifferent.konvikt_17
Yeah pretty much. I might buy a single or two, but that's about it.
#9 Posted by Tylendal (14680 posts) -
Only song I know of by them is Headstrong, but I really love that song. It makes me want to jump in the air, and run really fast, and punch something.
#10 Posted by HavocV3 (7934 posts) -
#11 Posted by konvikt_17 (22170 posts) -

Only song I know of by them is Headstrong, but I really love that song. It makes me want to jump in the air, and run really fast, and punch something.Tylendal

thats actually one of their songs i dont care much for.

though thats only because it was overplayed and overused good song regardless though.:P

#12 Posted by konvikt_17 (22170 posts) -

don't forget Stand Up, Still Frame & Who's Going Home With You Tonight

wouldn't put them in my Top 10, but I think they're a pretty good band. Their latest song isn't too bad to boot (forgot the name)

HavocV3

i like stand up and still frame.

one of these days i gotta just sit down and go through all their newer music.

#13 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

Abbeten

Man, Carters I and II were post 90s and they were dope. Not to mention his mixtapes

I just stop liking Cash Money after they ditched Juvenileand Mannie Fresh, while they're making good money.

They're not the same like the 90s and early 00s, Birdman doesn't say sh*t anymore besides 'bugatti this, bugatti that' and Lil wayne went full homosexual.

58625-rappers-then-and-now.jpg

#14 Posted by XaosII (16563 posts) -

They are ok.

They do sound like Breaking Benjamin... Which sounds like Evans Blue... Which sounds like Art of Dying... Which sounds like Against All Will... Which sounds like Dark New Day... Which sounds like Revelation Theory... Which sounds like Crossfade... Which sounds like Smile Empty Soul.. Which sounds like Adelitas Way... Which sounds like 12 Stones... Which sounds like-

Well, i think you get the picture. They arent terrible, but hardly anything special.

#15 Posted by Abbeten (2803 posts) -

[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

Fightingfan

I just stop liking Cash Money after they ditched Juvenileand Mannie Fresh, while they're making good money.

They're not the same like the 90s and early 00s, Birdman doesn't say sh*t anymore besides 'bugatti this, bugatti that' and Lil wayne went full homosexual.

Wayne was never into the gangsta rap thing. He flirted with it but he was always into that weird spaceman stuff. I agree he's fallen off lately but even Carter III was pretty okay. And I mean if you want that hard-ass gangster **** it's still out there.
#16 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

Wayne was never into the gangsta rap thing. He flirted with it but he was always into that weird spaceman stuff. I agree he's fallen off lately but even Carter III was pretty okay. And I mean if you want that hard-ass gangster **** it's still out there. Abbeten

I just dislike estrogen in a genre that's suppose to be testosterone filled, which is probably why I don't listen to the "popular" radio stations around town.

I guess I stick with BrickSquad since I find their beats amazing.

#17 Posted by -Tish- (3621 posts) -
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="Abbeten"] Man, Carters I and II were post 90s and they were dope. Not to mention his mixtapesAbbeten

Wayne was never into the gangsta rap thing. He flirted with it but he was always into that weird spaceman stuff. I agree he's fallen off lately but even Carter III was pretty okay. And I mean if you want that hard-ass gangster **** it's still out there.

Oh god no. There's absolutely nothing Lil Wayne has put out that's been good.
#18 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5118 posts) -
Only liked headstrong, and this was rather mundane mainstream rock....Oh and Lil Wayne sucks. 2Pac and Dr. Dre >>>>> Lil Wayne.
#19 Posted by muller39 (14944 posts) -

Haven't heard them since grade 8.

#20 Posted by Abbeten (2803 posts) -
[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

-Tish-

Oh god no. There's absolutely nothing Lil Wayne has put out that's been good.

you're crazy