Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen: Rating

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IceFireCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 IceFireCloud
Member since 2008 • 130 Posts

I LOVED THE MOVIE!!!!!!

I HAVE SEEN IT & TIMES FIRST LOL

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Went from "Awesome" to "This is lame" to "This is awesome!" to "this sucks". I say it's ok.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

I LOVED THE MOVIE!!!!!!

I HAVE SEEN IT & TIMES FIRST LOL

IceFireCloud

You have seen it and times first lol.

I don´t understand you.

Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Disturbed123
Member since 2005 • 1665 Posts

it was a very good movie. Ofcourse it would have been better without Labouff, and have him replaced with another character, but even so, still a very good movie :)

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
lol, what did you say? So excited that your thought process got all screwed up?
RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts

That post confuses me.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127528 Posts
Story wise it sucks. Action scenes are awesome though.
nintendo_ds_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nintendo_ds_06
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts

I thought it was awesome :D

CoreyNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CoreyNT
Member since 2008 • 593 Posts
The story is kinda good for fans I think, because they know all the characters and The Fallen's story and etc. I thought it was great.
Oakfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Oakfront
Member since 2007 • 2788 Posts

It was a great film. Easily one of the best this year.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

It was ok. Craptastic story and characters, but fantastic on the technical and artistic side. I loved the first movie.

Guyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Guyper
Member since 2004 • 3879 Posts

Anyone who's below 20 will automatically love it...

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
Rating: 3. Pretty bad movie overall.
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 super_mario_128

Guyper
I'm 17 and I hated it. Then again, I have EXCEPTIONAL movie taste for my age. ^_^
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts

Guyper
I'm 16 and it was horrid.
Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

Its a piece of ****. But im a guy that loves a good story in movies. I understand people watch it for the action.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19600 Posts

Guyper

Unless you happen to be below 20 *and* in possession of a brain. :P

It was a bad movie. I alternated between yawning and groaning the whole way through - and I really enjoyed the first one. One of the worst blockbuster action films I've seen in a long time.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it very much either. It was too long, had next to no plot, had some of the most embarrassing "comic relief" this side of The Phantom Menace and, like the first one, too few scenes with giant robots fighting (you know, the whole point of the damn movie...). The action scenes were worth seeing the movie for (though, like everything else in the film, the final battle was WAY too long and just started to drag after a while) but you have to put up with a lot of crap before getting to them. It's like they pumped up on everything instead of just concentrating on what worked in the first movie.

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts

The reason why people are giving it bad reviews is because they keep forgetting that its a movie based from a kid's toy and cartoon! Of course theis gonna be silly humor and the film wont take itself seriously.

I loved it. Amazing action, Shia can act like always. There really wasnt a story to it but the action was so intense most of the time you really didnt care, and just watching the Whitwickie family go at it was hilarious the whole movie. The CGI was great, some parts looked obviously out of place but overall they were great. T2 isnt as great as Star Trek, but its a great summer action flick none the less!

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 krp008

[QUOTE="Guyper"]

Planeforger

It was a bad movie. I alternated between yawning and groaning the whole way through - and I really enjoyed the first one. One of the worst blockbuster action films I've seen in a long time.

Wow, mr. negative over here... You must not have a pulse! It was straight action and CGI and you "yawned" all the way through?

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts

I just want to throw a question out there: how much, in minutes, of the two and a half hour runtime is action?

super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 super_mario_128
[QUOTE="krp008"]

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]

[QUOTE="Guyper"]

Wow, mr. negative over here... You must not have a pulse! It was straight action and CGI and you "yawned" all the way through?

Constant action and CGI are not components of a great movie. When used well, yes they are.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
The reason why people are giving it bad reviews is because they keep forgetting that its a movie based from a kid's toy and cartoon! krp008
People seem to be forgetting that the original Transformers cartoon actually took itself rather seriously. At least I don't remember there being borderline racist black stereotype robots being in the cartoon. This movie would have been better IMO if it did take itself a little more seriously. There's at least eight (eight!) different comic relief characters in this movie (Sam's parents, the twins, Sam's roommate, Agent Simmons, Wheelie, Jetfire...) and NONE of them are remotely funny and just serve to make an already overlong movie even more bloated and obnoxious.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

I just want to throw a question out there: how much, in minutes, of the two and a half hour runtime is action?

RobbieH1234

About 1 hour 45.

But if you consider walking fast, yelling or riding in a car/airplane action, then it's about... 2 hours 15.

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 krp008

[QUOTE="krp008"]The reason why people are giving it bad reviews is because they keep forgetting that its a movie based from a kid's toy and cartoon! Silent-Hal
People seem to be forgetting that the original Transformers cartoon actually took itself rather seriously. At least I don't remember there being borderline racist black stereotype robots being in the cartoon. This movie would have been better IMO if it did take itself a little more seriously. There's at least eight (eight!) different comic relief characters in this movie (Sam's parents, the twins, Sam's roommate, Agent Simmons, Wheelie, Jetfire...) and NONE of them are remotely funny and just serve to make an already overlong movie even more bloated and obnoxious.

I hated the twins, they made no sense but Sam's parents were hilarious, especially after Sam's mom ate that hash brownie

InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts
[QUOTE="krp008"]The reason why people are giving it bad reviews is because they keep forgetting that its a movie based from a kid's toy and cartoon! Silent-Hal

I was a BIG BIG BIG fan of G1, and lets be honest man, it was super cheesy. Every episode was the same, there were cheesy one liners all over the place, poor animation, etc, etc. I still love it, but I'm honest about what it was. I actually thought there was a lot of G1 in this (I don't wanna give away why, but there are a few obvious examples). I liked the movie a lot. It was what it was, a cheesy popcorn flick. Some people will love it, some people will hate it. I didn't like the Twins at all, and I wish that the time they got was focused other new autobots like Arcee, Jolt and Sideswipe. Even if you created Autobots for humor, it could've been done in better taste, I agree with that. I thought Optimus Prime and Decepticons were the best part of the movie.
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

I'd give it a 7.5. The last scene was soooo long I fell asleep twice for about 5-10 minutes each and when I woke up he still hadn't made it yet. I tried not to apoil, but if you have seen the movie you understand what I'm saying.

super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 super_mario_128

I'd give it a 7.5. The last scene was soooo long I fell asleep twice for about 5-10 minutes each and when I woke up he still hadn't made it yet. I tried not to apoil, but if you have seen the movie you understand what I'm saying.

bigblunt537
Yeh, there was a time in that scene where I just blacked out. Then I came back and nothing had changed. :?
black_child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 black_child
Member since 2008 • 91 Posts

The story is kinda good for fans I think, because they know all the characters and The Fallen's story and etc. I thought it was great.CoreyNT

the movie is retarded Megatron gets killed by the all spark and for some reason stabbing him with it makes him come back to life.... The RC twins are 3 motorcycles(which are triplets). There's a silver lambo that's an autobot and I dont think he has 1 line in the movie none of the characters talk except Optimus the corny I wanna be black robots and Megatron everyone else has 5 lines total that's a robot.... Meagon Fox's character has no point in being in the movie what so ever she's just there looking good.... The character development is awful... The movie is enjoyable only because of the action scenes when Optimus is fighting Starscreamand Megatron you cant tell which one he's hitting because theylook just alike.... This is a big action movie with the worst plot of any movie I've ever seen it's not even a real movie.... You have no brain if you actually thought this was a legit movie but it was enjoyable...

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

I thought it was a great action movie. My only complaint is the lack of Ironhide, Ratchet, Arcee and Sideswipe action scenes. I liked the first one more because you really get to see all the autobots featured in the movie throw down against the decepticons. In this one, it was mainly Prime, and one awesome fight scene between Bumblebee and Rampage.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

It was okay. A lot of the action was great, but some of the acting is still not great, a lot of the funny moments were lame, and the plot was meh. Also Megatron suck big time in this movie.

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

[QUOTE="CoreyNT"]The story is kinda good for fans I think, because they know all the characters and The Fallen's story and etc. I thought it was great.black_child

the movie is retarded Megatron gets killed by the all spark and for some reason stabbing him with it makes him come back to life.... The RC twins are 3 motorcycles(which are triplets). There's a silver lambo that's an autobot and I dont think he has 1 line in the movie none of the characters talk except Optimus the corny I wanna be black robots and Megatron everyone else has 5 lines total that's a robot.... Meagon Fox's character has no point in being in the movie what so ever she's just there looking good.... The character development is awful... The movie is enjoyable only because of the action scenes when Optimus is fighting Starscreamand Megatron you cant tell which one he's hitting because theylook just alike.... This is a big action movie with the worst plot of any movie I've ever seen it's not even a real movie.... You have no brain if you actually thought this was a legit movie but it was enjoyable...

uh... That silver lambo was a Corvette :(. If that new cocnept corvette becomes the new Corvette(C7) i hope Chevy fails.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
Member since 2004 • 4403 Posts

Saw it. I definitely thought the movie was great and it definitely surpassed the first movie. I say the critics were waaay off considering how much they seemed to have despised that movie.

IceFireCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 IceFireCloud
Member since 2008 • 130 Posts

Srry it for the error

I meant ive seen it 7 times but now its 8 lol

And I have to agree wit most of u out there some parts were like action packed but some were like "yawn"

But all around I thought it was a funny movie

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
It was good, nice to see more robots in this one, can't wait for it to come out on Blu-ray!
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I didn't like it.