Trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT)

• 75 results
#1 Posted by Aljosa23 (24756 posts) -

LOL

Looks absolutely terrible. April's dad and Shredder made the turtles?! what

#2 Posted by Korvus (3228 posts) -

Looks like a troll trailer XD

Did they fuse the Turtles with King Kong or something?

#3 Posted by jimkabrhel (15417 posts) -

I tuned out at "Michael Bay".

#4 Posted by Korvus (3228 posts) -
#5 Edited by bobaban (10554 posts) -

What does BluRayHiDef have to say?

#6 Posted by johnd13 (7994 posts) -

That was weird lol.

#7 Edited by dave123321 (33794 posts) -

Aljosa please don't give us anymore crap like this.

#8 Edited by dave123321 (33794 posts) -

Looks fun though

#9 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

They've strayed so far from this it's sickening.

#10 Posted by Aljosa23 (24756 posts) -

Aljosa please don't give us anymore crap like this.

What are you talking about dave please shut up

#11 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17155 posts) -

And of course Michael Bay ruins everything...

#12 Posted by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

Wow CGI CGI CGI..... TMNT got Michael Bayed.

We need Blu Ramblers review of this trailer to legitimize this thread.

#13 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14401 posts) -

For those upset that the origins have changed for this movie...hasn't there already been multiple versions/changes to the origin story for each interpretation of the story already, such as the original Eastman-Laird comics, the 1980s cartoon series, the 1990 movie, and every other version of it since then--including the recent version on Nick? I would think a new rendition of the story would be par for the course already.

#14 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

This looks like a parody of what a Michael Bay TMNT movie would actually be like

"Dark and gritty" TMNT with Chris Nolan-type BRRRRMs in the trailer is fucking hilarious

#15 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10128 posts) -

i'll never be able to understand why they keep changing the appearance of already well designed characters and turn them into crap? first the Robocop and now this sh*t. i don't think i'll ever be healed from the trauma that the new robocop caused in me. please if you're going to remake or reboot movies, fine, just don't change the character appearances if you can't come up with something better.

#16 Edited by Master_Live (14199 posts) -

Is it me or the 40 seconds or so are totally ripped off out the last two Amazing Spider-Man movies? Down to the damn sound effects. Looks like crap, only good thing was the Shredder helmet. 1990's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remains unmatched: 8/10.

#17 Posted by Seabas989 (10118 posts) -

Looks odd. My expectations are set very low.

#18 Edited by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

The CGI looks way too cartoonish, to me. I'll pass.

#19 Edited by lamprey263 (23201 posts) -

Surprised that everybody is too good for this, it's a TMNT movie, looks like a TMNT movie, looks cheesy with a possibility of fun. I mean what did people expect? A Christopher Nolan TMNT movie that takes itself too seriously?

Also...

@Aljosa23 - April's dad and Shredder made the turtles?!

I get the feeling when they meant to create heroes they were probably intended to be working on humans, until something went wrong. With that shot of William Fichtner looking eye-to-eye with Shredder makes me think of some Spider Man mad scientist super-villain scenarios where one of the scientists use the mutagen on themself, I'm thinking the twist Is April's dad tested it on himself to become Shredder. I imagine the Turtles themselves they probably got exposed by accident.

#20 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28039 posts) -

Looks like a Michael Bay TMNT.

#21 Posted by MrGeezer (56132 posts) -

i'll never be able to understand why they keep changing the appearance of already well designed characters and turn them into crap? first the Robocop and now this sh*t. i don't think i'll ever be healed from the trauma that the new robocop caused in me. please if you're going to remake or reboot movies, fine, just don't change the character appearances if you can't come up with something better.

For me it's not even about that. It's about the fact that this trailer makes it seem like no one cared about this movie. And it's evident well before even seeing the turtles, the tone is set right from the beginning of William Fichtner's monologuing. That whole narration is riddled with cliches like "the city is overrun with crime and is being destroyed" to "we set out to make heroes" and he sounds bored as hell saying it as if he didn't give a shit. This extends to the rest of the trailer, which seems to hit on every cliche in the book without having an ounce of originality. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't care what they changed as long as it's a fun ride. But this doesn't look fun, it just looks boring.

#22 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

I mean what did people expect? A Christopher Nolan TMNT movie that takes itself too seriously?

My main problem with this is that it looks like it takes itself too seriously though

#23 Posted by dave123321 (33794 posts) -

To say again, this looks like fun

#24 Posted by Master_Live (14199 posts) -

There we go. Even though it wasn't a very good trailer, still superior to Michael Bay's abomination.

#25 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1748 posts) -

They don't even look teenage... Mikey looks scary, I'd faint too.

#26 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26051 posts) -

#27 Edited by gameofthering (10138 posts) -

I thought I read that this was cancelled a while back.

#28 Posted by Lord_Daemon (24234 posts) -

For those upset that the origins have changed for this movie...hasn't there already been multiple versions/changes to the origin story for each interpretation of the story already, such as the original Eastman-Laird comics, the 1980s cartoon series, the 1990 movie, and every other version of it since then--including the recent version on Nick? I would think a new rendition of the story would be par for the course already.

Indeed especially considering that the original '80s cartoon that a bulk of folks grew up on and love oh so much was something of an abomination and a complete about face in tone to those who bought the original comic books. Not that I fault the creators for "selling out" and making themselves millionaires for their odd little parody characters.

#29 Posted by Big_Pecks (5245 posts) -

Even more of a CGI fest than ASM2. And the turtles look terrifying in an unwatchable way.

#30 Posted by Serraph105 (27824 posts) -

Man those are some ugly looking turtles, in the hard to look at sort of way.

#31 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14401 posts) -

@hallenbeck77 said:

Indeed especially considering that the original '80s cartoon that a bulk of folks grew up on and love oh so much was something of an abomination and a complete about face in tone to those who bought the original comic books. Not that I fault the creators for "selling out" and making themselves millionaires for their odd little parody characters.

I think sometimes with licensed properties, a lot of people feel that whatever version that they associate their childhood with is THE definitive version of that property. Like your example of TMNT, (I never got into them at all, being that I stopped watching a lot of cartoons about the time they were big), Transformers, G.I. Joe, Star Wars, and numerous others that have been around for over at least 30 years. Whenever a new version pops up, some people get worked up and upset over it. It's not as if they're getting rid of ALL previous versions of it and are saying 'Too bad, so sad...suck it up."

Some things you just have to learn to let go.

#32 Posted by uninspiredcup (7865 posts) -
Megan Fox in a calm vonversation
Megan Fox watching an intense fight scene with humanoid turtles

Such range.

#33 Posted by Master_Live (14199 posts) -

She is the next Jennifer Lawrence.

#34 Posted by EatShanna (875 posts) -

Looks like a forgettable summer popcorn flick, the turtles deserve better.

Funny thing though, the CGI turtles emote better than Megan Fox.

#35 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15034 posts) -

From what little is in the trailer it looked fine to me. I was never into TMNT during my youth and hold no nostalgia about the characters.

#36 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14401 posts) -

Looks like a forgettable summer popcorn flick, the turtles deserve better.

Funny thing though, the CGI turtles emote better than Megan Fox.

A brick wall can emote better than her.

#37 Posted by Serraph105 (27824 posts) -

@hallenbeck77:

I actually agree with you on this tbh, and to the trailers credit the it with the sliding down the hill certainly sounded like they keeping a sense of fun in the film so we'll see if they can at least strike the right tone for the film. Its just that I'm wincing when I see the turtles up close, and that seems like a bad thing.

#38 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (719 posts) -

I'll watch.

#39 Posted by mondo-zapwell (11 posts) -

haters sound like a bunch of crybabies LOL HOLY CRAP this looks epic!!

#40 Edited by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -
#41 Posted by LessThanMike (5286 posts) -

Just horrible, and the fact that Meghan fox is in it is even worse....growl

#42 Posted by MrGeezer (56132 posts) -

@hallenbeck77:

I actually agree with you on this tbh, and to the trailers credit the it with the sliding down the hill certainly sounded like they keeping a sense of fun in the film so we'll see if they can at least strike the right tone for the film. Its just that I'm wincing when I see the turtles up close, and that seems like a bad thing.

I don't mind the overall look of the turtles, but their faces are just horrible. It looks like Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince of Bel Air if he caught some horrible disease.

#43 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16132 posts) -

Does off-topic like anything? Besides Megan Fox's facial expressions, the trailer itself looked alright. Does anyone really care about how the TMNT origin is told?

#44 Posted by Brutal_Elitegs (16181 posts) -

Are you sure this isn't directed by Michael Bay? It reminds me of the Transformers movies apropos it having the pretense of being a fun action film when it is actually quite dull and uninspired.

@MrGeezer said:

@Serraph105 said:

@hallenbeck77:

I don't mind the overall look of the turtles, but their faces are just horrible. It looks like Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince of Bel Air if he caught some horrible disease.

They don't look too bad with their masks on (stupid nostrils aside), which will probably be the case for the majority of the movie.

#45 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (719 posts) -

Does off-topic like anything?

OT likes
1. gay rights
2. bashing religion
3. promoting atheism

you're welcome

#46 Edited by gago-gago (9354 posts) -

Looks good to me and will be watching. I bet everyone who's even slightly interested will still watch it. These Bay versions and reboots did not and will not ruin my childhood. I'll still have love for Turtles, GI Joes, Transformers, and so on. I hope to see Voltron and Thundercats next. Also lol@comments about the how the Turtles look. I mean you want a handsome Turtle or something lol. They made it look like that so there are more facial expressions to be seen. My only complaint so far is April is suppose to be ginger lol. And I want to see Master Splinter.

#47 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3665 posts) -

Movie looks like it could be fun to watch with my kids.

Megan Fox is garbage though, and I wish they had gotten Corey Feldman to do Mikey again.

#48 Posted by uninspiredcup (7865 posts) -

Does off-topic like anything? Besides Megan Fox's facial expressions, the trailer itself looked alright. Does anyone really care about how the TMNT origin is told?

"The Rock" and "Con Air" are fantastic action movies. But the rest (esthetically recent years) Bay movies really are bad. Not even in the "so good it's bad sense". Just, bad.

#49 Edited by Serraph105 (27824 posts) -

@JangoWuzHere:

Eh the tmnt origins are less important (its not like they were particularly grand in the first place) to the movie as a whole. Although it would be completely awesome if they had kept it and made the blind guy who accidentally tripped the kid with the jar of turtles (or saves him from getting hit by the truck, it varies) be a Ben Affleck cameo.

See instead of a new origin, they could have had a certain section of the audience nerdgasm, truly a missed opportunity by Mr. Bay.

#50 Posted by platinumking320 (666 posts) -

@hallenbeck77: Plus if you check IMDB it seems Eastman and Laird were the writers, but there are always differences between the script and the final product. Hope Micheal Bay didn't meddle with any of the process from the executive level.