Toronto/GTA Ice Storm

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Aljosa23 (24782 posts) -
#2 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7122 posts) -

I'm on the east coast and it's been a one hell of an ice storm. Everything is coated in a sheet of ice.

#3 Edited by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

I'm glad im on the west coast.

We've gotten maybe an inch of snow all together, but it's mostly gone now.

#4 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (866 posts) -

Westie here. No ice but some really thick fog..it's barely past noon and there's been two accidents on my street already.

#6 Edited by marcheegsr (2530 posts) -

Im about 20 minutes from Toronto. Living in Mississauga. We got the ice storm as well but no power outages or down trees. Been seeing what happened in Toronto on the news. I heard some places wont have power for 72 hours which sucks since Christmas eve is tomorrow.

#7 Posted by osirisx3 (1756 posts) -

my power went off around 11 am ish and did not come back till like 3 am

#8 Posted by dave123321 (33829 posts) -

Southie here. Weathers lovely

#9 Edited by megagene (22998 posts) -

I've been super lucky in that my area never seems to lose power/electricity in these kinds of situations. I have a lot of friends though that have been without power for over 24 hours now and no sign of it coming back any time soon.

#10 Posted by whipassmt (13998 posts) -

What's this got to do with GTA?

#11 Posted by Aljosa23 (24782 posts) -

HERP DERP

Anyway, my power went out for about 5 hours yesterday. Went out for a walk and everything was so creepy looking, like a film where Canada is a frozen dystopian wasteland.

#12 Posted by dave123321 (33829 posts) -

Sounds lovely

#13 Posted by supa_badman (16626 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@whipassmt said:

HERP DERP

Anyway, my power went out for about 5 hours yesterday. Went out for a walk and everything was so creepy looking, like a film where Canada is a frozen dystopian wasteland.

you assuming that anyone would know the acronym Greater. Toronto. Area outside of Toronto is one of the reasons why everyone outside of Ontario thinks we're all high on our own bullshit

#14 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

Luckily, I have power in my area. It was on and off for like a few hours yesterday, but now it's all good. I definitely feel you about the ice though. It's ridiculous trying to walk around when the entire city is a bloody ice rink :(. The trees look very beautiful coated in ice though :P.

#15 Edited by The-Apostle (12176 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@whipassmt said:

HERP DERP

you assuming that anyone would know the acronym Greater. Toronto. Area outside of Toronto is one of the reasons why everyone outside of Ontario thinks we're all high on our own bullshit

Yeah, I saw GTA and immediately wondered why a topic about a video game would be posted on OT since that's OT on OT. >_>

#16 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@whipassmt said:

HERP DERP

I'm on the other side of the country and understood....

#17 Posted by dave123321 (33829 posts) -

I was smart or maybe just not stupid enough to realize that gta stood for some area. But not what area.

But but but this goes to my feeling that not every thread has to include everyone or even most.

Some threads are meant for particular people

#18 Posted by dave123321 (33829 posts) -

Oh and also people who do post on the. That are outside that group are fine as long as they understand that they can't really contribute real value and that people don't and shouldn't have to handhold them

#19 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150480 posts) -

I was smart or maybe just not stupid enough to realize that gta stood for some area. But not what area.

But but but this goes to my feeling that not every thread has to include everyone or even most.

Some threads are meant for particular people

Then they'd be in the wrong place dave.:(

#20 Posted by dave123321 (33829 posts) -

But what if this is the only place they have

#21 Posted by sukraj (22319 posts) -

vanciuver whitecaps

#22 Posted by Makhaidos (1613 posts) -

I'm in Florida. It's eighty degrees outside right now.

U mad, North America?

#23 Edited by dave123321 (33829 posts) -
#24 Posted by nomsayin (1141 posts) -

GTA = Greater Toronto Area.

I wish I was having a white Christmas :/

#25 Posted by redstorm72 (4528 posts) -

I remember the ice storm of 98 that hit western Quebec. My house was without power for two weeks. Out of power for a day or two? I'm surprised you Torontonians haven't declared this the end of days.

#26 Edited by roulettethedog (10963 posts) -

Ice storms are the worst. I'd rather have 2 feet of snow rather then an inch of ice. We had an ice storm and were with out power for 5 days. YUCKy.

#27 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17177 posts) -

I'm in Florida. It's eighty degrees outside right now.

U mad, North America?

I highly recommend re-reading and re-thinking what you just said...

Anyways, from Michigan here. Totally thought this topic randomly had the game GTA involved until taking a second to think the topic title over....

Here in Michigan we managed to get hit pretty bad as well. Fun situation here as my half of the street in our neighborhood has power, yet none of the houses just the what, twenty feet across the street have power besides our neighbors directly across from us who are awesome enough to own a generator.

My GF's house was powerless till earlier today (they lost it on Saturday I think) and my friends house was STILL out of power when I last talked to him earlier today....

#28 Posted by whipassmt (13998 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@whipassmt said:

HERP DERP

That ain't good. It sucks when the power is out and the weather is cold. I lost power for about a week (I think from Saturday or Sunday to Thursday) in October 2011 because of a snow storm.