Top Ten Most Anticipated Movies of 2014

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by WheelzFourReelz (78 posts) -

The New Year has been upon us for a while. And when there’s a new year, that means there are new movies. These are the ten movies that I am most excited for that come out in 2014. There might be some in here that you won’t agree with or think should be higher or lower, but that’s the joy of these kinds of lists. There are always going to be different opinions. And at no point am I saying that these movies will be good, because they’re not out. These are just the movies I’m most excited for that are coming out this year. But before I list these movies, I have five honorable mentions to share with you. They are The Lego Movie, The Monuments Men, RoboCop, Non-Stop, and How to Train Your Dragon 2. I am excited for these movies to come out, just not excited enough for them to be on my top ten. But, with that said, let’s get started!

10. Guardians of the Galaxy

Yes, this movie is this low on the list. A lot of other people on YouTube or whatever have this movie quite a bit higher up. They’re excited to see how this will translate to the big screen. Don’t get me wrong, I really want to see this movie. Why Guardians of the Galaxy is not higher up on the list is because I don’t know enough about it. Not the movie itself, but the comic series. I just have no idea. The only thing I know about the Guardians of the Galaxy is that one of the characters is a talking raccoon. Either way, it sounds cool, and I will definitely see it.

9. Transcendence

What’s this? A movie where Johnny Depp is not eccentric? HOLY COW, INCEPTION! All jokes aside, this movie looks very intriguing. It’s about a genius professor who gets shot, but his subconscious is still alive inside him. And then sci-fi shenanigans ensue. Why do I say that? Because I’m not entirely sure what the movie is about, so you’ll just have to stick with my terrible synopses. Well, they are terrible in general so… yeah. Anyway, the movie looks cool.

8. Edge of Tomorrow

I wasn’t a huge fan of Tom Cruise’s last sci-fi adventure, Oblivion, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the trailer for Edge of Tomorrow. This movie looks like it has promise. So what’s the movie about? It’s the movie Groundhog Day in a sci-fi setting. That’s the plot; I’m not giving a terrible synopsis. That’s what I know. I will definitely be seeing this and I hope that it’s much better than the snooze-fest that was Oblivion. It probably will be.

7. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

The first Amazing Spider-Man movie was quite enjoyable, I must say. And the trailer for the sequel looks cool. It seems like it will delve into Peter’s back-story more, which is awesome. But what I’m most anticipating are the villains. While I did enjoy The Amazing Spider-Man (the first one) I wasn’t too impressed with the villain. So the fact that Dane DeHaan plays Harry Osborn, Paul Giamatti plays The Rhino, and Jamie Foxx plays Electro makes me excited. Hopefully, the movie won’t turn out like Spider-Man 3, which was… a movie…

6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Now THIS is what an Avengers aftermath movie should look like! This movie looks like it’s going to have the perfect balance of humor and also lots of dark moments that I kind of want to see a Marvel movie bring out. The action scenes that were shown in the trailer looked awesome, especially the elevator scene. And I love seeing The Winter Soldier in this and how awesome he looks! This is a movie that I definitely will see even if it gets crap ratings. Oh, and Scarlett Johansson is in this movie. That’s always a fun time.

5. Interstellar

What is Interstellar about? I have no idea. And that’s why I want to see it. Nolan is an amazing director, who brought us the Batman trilogy and Inception (which I haven’t seen, but I really want to). This movie just looks so intriguing. I want to know what it’s about. I want to know why Michael Fassbender is driving with tears in his eyes. I want to know why there are rockets and people looking to the sky. I want to know more. And that’s why Interstellar makes my list.

4. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay- Part 1

I have read all the books. I have seen both the movies. Jennifer Lawrence is starring. All of these really check out in my book. What I’m most anticipating is how they execute the war scenes and how this will affect everyone’s lives. Luckily, the Catching Fire movie was awesome, which bumps up this movie quite a bit. If Catching Fire was disappointing, this would probably be at the bottom of my list. But it’s not. Funny how life works.

3. X-Men: Days of Future Past

The fact that two movies starring Jennifer Lawrence appear on the list back-to-back is a mere coincidence. I am not excited for this movie for her. Okay, that’s part of the reason, but not the full reason. I really liked First Class, and this movie just looks awesome. It mixes both old and new X-Men era movies, with actors coming back in an X-Men movie, like Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and Halle Berry as Storm. And that trailer, man. I tell you… goosebumps.

2. Godzilla

This movie was bound to make the list eventually, because pretty much EVERYONE wants to see this. I remember seeing a little bit of the 1998 Godzilla movie a long time ago. I didn’t really pay that much attention to it, which proves how terrible that movie was. The newest Godzilla looks absolutely awesome. It looks intense, action packed, maybe even scary. And that roar, oh that ROAR! I am SO pumped! This movie would’ve definitely made number one if there was one movie that wasn’t coming out this year. Either way, Godzilla is an honorary silver in my book.

1. The Hobbit: There and Back Again

My inner fanboy is screaming right now. The original Lord of the Rings trilogy are three of my four favorite movies of all time. They’re fun, they’ve got great stories, and the characters are just so well executed. Then the Hobbit was announced and all Lord of the Rings fanboys got excited. SURPRISE, IT’S A TRILOGY! Personally, I do not mind this at all. It will help display a well developed story to lead up to the LOTR trilogy. Now, I liked the first Hobbit movie and I loved Desolation of Smaug, so naturally, this was going to make the list at some point. But, do you know what laments this movie at number one? The cliffhanger at the end of Desolation of Smaug. Holy cow! What a slap to the face! I have to know what is going to happen next! My life as the average movie-goer will not be fulfilled until I see the final part of this trilogy. I’m not going to spoil the ending of Smaug for all you people who haven’t seen it, but it’s epic. If there was no cliffhanger at the end of that movie, Godzilla would’ve taken the number one spot. But, I just have to put this at number one. It is my density. Back to the Future joke.

What’s your most anticipated movie of 2014? I would tell you to let me know in the comments below, but you can’t comment on a blog anymore (curse you, GameStop). So instead, make a top ten anticipated movie of 2014 list. Or you can do what you want, I don’t care! Anyway, hope you enjoyed reading this. See you next time.

#1 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28122 posts) -

Boyhood
Inherent Vice
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Two Days, One Night
Only Lovers Left Alive
A Most Wanted Man
Under the Skin
The Boxtrolls
Enemy
Maps to the Stars

Swap out one of the bottom five for Midnight Special if it releases this year.

#2 Posted by Master_Live (14857 posts) -
  • Interstellar
  • Gone Girl
  • Jersey Boys
  • A Most Wanted Man
  • God's Pocket
  • Inherent Vice
  • Foxcatcher

I was pumped for Noah...and then I saw the trailer.

#3 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26352 posts) -

1. Only Lovers Left Alive

2. The Trip to Italy

3. The Grand Budapest Hotel

4. Boyhood

5. Under the Skin

6. Inherent Vice

7. The Fault in Our Stars

8. A Most Wanted Man

9. Interstellar

10. Reserved for Possible Malick Release….

Honorable Mentions:

• · Gone Girl
  • · Foxcatcher
  • · 22 Jump Street
  • · Captain America: Winter Soldier
  • · X-Men: Days of Future Past
  • · The Monuments Men
  • · Godzilla
  • · Edge of Tomorrow
  • · How to Train Your Dragons 2
  • · Guardians of the Galaxy
  • · Lucy
  • · Jane Got a Gun
  • · Fury
  • · The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I
  • · Unbroken
  • · Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
  • · Winter’s Tale
  • · The Amazing Spider-Man 2
#4 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

the amazing spiderman

godzilla

robocop

#5 Edited by Master_Live (14857 posts) -

Man, American Hustle keeps winning shit, now winning best cast on the SAG Awards. If that piece of junk wins anything other than maybe, MAYBE Amy Adams finally getting her Oscar (Cate Blanchett is the odds on favorite), Costume Design or Production Design I'm gonna be pissed.

#6 Edited by Samurai_Xavier (4364 posts) -

Under the Skin is the only correct answer.

Fully nude Scarlett Johanson FTW!