Time Travel. Into the future is impossible.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DrDoomed
Member since 2003 • 11386 Posts

Theoretically you can travel backwards in time. I even think it possible. Travel with light or bend/warp it.

But, i believe time travel into the future (using this same methodology or realised instance) impossible. why?

Because your extrustiary static status, even while kinetic, is permanent. You are always physically trapped in the present.

Would you agree?

Matthew_Kaeser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Matthew_Kaeser
Member since 2002 • 13493 Posts
Have you ever considered that we are currently living in the past to an already existing future?
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts
Completely. Besides, whats the fun of going to the future if you miss the ride?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e
deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e
Member since 2006 • 3052 Posts
I only understood four words...
steppinrazor88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 steppinrazor88
Member since 2006 • 14441 Posts
....what???? we can go back in time??? YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!
Avatar image for UrbanSpartan125
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 UrbanSpartan125
Member since 2006 • 3684 Posts
according to Einstein it is theoretically possible, time slows as you go faster. say im travelling at the speed of light roughly 180,000 miles per second, I would be going so fast that time would slow. Say 5 months would have passed on earth but only 3 weeks passed on the ship. it is possible it is just extremely difficult to understand and develop the technology to achieve this
Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Apollo5000
Member since 2005 • 18782 Posts
Did you ever think of the fact that we are already time traveling into the future? If you get up and walk out your door, you just time traveled. And the mere fact that if you build a ship that can go at the speed of light you can time travel, should be enough proof.
DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DrDoomed
Have you ever considered that we are currently living in the past to an already existing future?Matthew_Kaeser
thats destiny oriented parrallels :) time lines. maybe i planned ahead of time so you would ask that question. Or maybe u entered an alternate reality by reading this message
DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DrDoomed
[QUOTE="Apollo5000"]Did you ever think of the fact that we are already time traveling into the future? If you get up and walk out your door, you just time traveled. And the mere fact that if you build a ship that can go at the speed of light you can time travel, should be enough proof.

If time travels with u and u are never ahead of it how can u be in the future? when were u ahead of "time"?
Blu_Falcon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Blu_Falcon37
Member since 2006 • 4041 Posts
*eye twitches* What?
Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
I haven't done much research on it, but I have read the theoretically time travel backwards is possible, as you said. However, I also read that it would take more energy to do, then we can even comprehend.
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
impossible? that's what they said about my flux capacitor.
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UrbanSpartan125
impossible? that's what they said about my flux capacitor.romocop33
lol
Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Apollo5000
[QUOTE="DrDoomed"][QUOTE="Apollo5000"]Did you ever think of the fact that we are already time traveling into the future? If you get up and walk out your door, you just time traveled. And the mere fact that if you build a ship that can go at the speed of light you can time travel, should be enough proof.

If time travels with u and u are never ahead of it how can u be in the future? when were u ahead of "time"?

I never said you were going to travel into the future. I said you were time traveling. No matter what you do you are traveling through time, since time is progressively moving forward at a steady rate. If you travel you are travelling also at a steady rate along with time, hence you are both traveling. Also a Light speed Ship makes actual semi-ageless time travel possible.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts
impossible? that's what they said about my flux capacitor.romocop33
This thread has served it's purpose.
DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DrDoomed
according to Einstein it is theoretically possible, time slows as you go faster. say im travelling at the speed of light roughly 180,000 miles per second, I would be going so fast that time would slow. Say 5 months would have passed on earth but only 3 weeks passed on the ship. it is possible it is just extremely difficult to understand and develop the technology to achieve thisUrbanSpartan125
I would have agreed. If time is considered as a man made form of universal kinetic measurement. In this case if you travel faster then what is considered "a clock", light, then you would be moving faster then all existence and time would no longer exist aye along with all matter? You can only go as fast as the substantiary matter carrying you but not ahead of it or..... u'd probably create the beginning of the universe :) gedit?
Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Apollo5000
[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]according to Einstein it is theoretically possible, time slows as you go faster. say im travelling at the speed of light roughly 180,000 miles per second, I would be going so fast that time would slow. Say 5 months would have passed on earth but only 3 weeks passed on the ship. it is possible it is just extremely difficult to understand and develop the technology to achieve thisDrDoomed
I would have agreed. If time is considered as a man made form of universal kinetic measurement. In this case if you travel faster then what is considered "a clock", light, then you would be moving faster then all existence and time would no longer exist aye along with all matter? You can only go as fast as the substantiary matter carrying you but not ahead of it or..... u'd probably create the beginning of the universe :) gedit?

Time would still exist. It would just not apply the same to you. You would still feel like time applied to you the same way until you slowed down and seen that all your friends had aged dramatically while only weeks passed for you. This is of course assuming you left Earth, traveled at lightspeed for a week. Turned around, Traveled back to Earth for another week. In those 2 weeks, Years, if not Decades would have passed on Earth.
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 UrbanSpartan125
[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]according to Einstein it is theoretically possible, time slows as you go faster. say im travelling at the speed of light roughly 180,000 miles per second, I would be going so fast that time would slow. Say 5 months would have passed on earth but only 3 weeks passed on the ship. it is possible it is just extremely difficult to understand and develop the technology to achieve thisDrDoomed

These things are far to complex for humans to understand at this moment, we have made significant achievements, things that were considered impossible 100 years ago have become part of our lives. Only "time" will tell how far we advance in the future. Where there is a will there is a way.
DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DrDoomed
[QUOTE="Apollo5000"][QUOTE="DrDoomed"][QUOTE="Apollo5000"]Did you ever think of the fact that we are already time traveling into the future? If you get up and walk out your door, you just time traveled. And the mere fact that if you build a ship that can go at the speed of light you can time travel, should be enough proof.

I never said you were going to travel into the future. I said you were time traveling. No matter what you do you are traveling through time, since time is progressively moving forward at a steady rate. If you travel you are travelling also at a steady rate along with time, hence you are both traveling. Also a Light speed Ship makes actual semi-ageless time travel possible.

ok,ok lets split heirs. time doesnt actually exist only form and matter standing still in the same dimensional " space volume". substance and matter still move but they are not going forward in space-time or time-space (one or the other). So no we are not travelling through time only watching the movement of a rudimentry additional calculator
bastards12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bastards12345
Member since 2005 • 7194 Posts
Have you ever considered that we are currently living in the past to an already existing future?Matthew_Kaeser
No fate.
Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Flaming_Ape
Member since 2007 • 3246 Posts
To travel back in time, you need every single atom in the whole world, and that includes the atoms in your computer, in your body, the floor, etc. To travel forward in time, you need net force and work.
Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Apollo5000
[QUOTE="DrDoomed"][QUOTE="Apollo5000"][QUOTE="DrDoomed"][QUOTE="Apollo5000"]Did you ever think of the fact that we are already time traveling into the future? If you get up and walk out your door, you just time traveled. And the mere fact that if you build a ship that can go at the speed of light you can time travel, should be enough proof.

ok,ok lets split heirs. time doesnt actually exist only form and matter standing still in the same dimensional " space volume". substance and matter still move but they are not going forward in space-time or time-space (one or the other). So no we are not travelling through time only watching the movement of a rudimentry additional calculator

Which in terms of POV which i've been taking this as, (which is really only the way you can experience Time Travel as a person) is something that does apply heavily to the way that the world works. The measurement of time is an invention of man yes. But the actual event exists (obviously) hence everything doesn't happen at once.
gs_gear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gs_gear
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
I only understood four words...AnimeKiller
lol
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
[QUOTE="DrDoomed"][QUOTE="Apollo5000"][QUOTE="DrDoomed"][QUOTE="Apollo5000"]Did you ever think of the fact that we are already time traveling into the future? If you get up and walk out your door, you just time traveled. And the mere fact that if you build a ship that can go at the speed of light you can time travel, should be enough proof.

Yes we are; everything that exists is moving through spacetime at a uniform velocity of c (lightspeed). Movement through space bleeds off motion through time, as governed by the simple formula: Where are you getting the pseudoscientific weirdness that you are spouting?
northstar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 northstar1
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
according to the scientists on the Colbert Report Time travel into the future is impossible
DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DrDoomed
[QUOTE="DrDoomed"][QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]according to Einstein it is theoretically possible, time slows as you go faster. say im travelling at the speed of light roughly 180,000 miles per second, I would be going so fast that time would slow. Say 5 months would have passed on earth but only 3 weeks passed on the ship. it is possible it is just extremely difficult to understand and develop the technology to achieve thisApollo5000

Time would still exist. It would just not apply the same to you. You would still feel like time applied to you the same way until you slowed down and seen that all your friends had aged dramatically while only weeks passed for you. This is of course assuming you left Earth, traveled at lightspeed for a week. Turned around, Traveled back to Earth for another week. In those 2 weeks, Years, if not Decades would have passed on Earth.

You using that atomic cock aeroplane thingy right? It is a good experiment but that is alittle behind if i'm not mistaken. Like another guy said science hasnt come very far considering these theories. But still, we havn't fully realised the effect of gravitational magnetic feilds on atoms,cellular levels or other particles. If i'm correct things go backwards in such a way (eg. nova to brown dwarfs) that energy is transformed into new constituants. That is dealing with magnificent gravity feilds and matter,anti-matter relations.
DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DrDoomed
but its 2:50 am here and i gotta go.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 194197844077667059316682358889
You using that atomic cock aeroplane thingy right? It is a good experiment but that is alittle behind if i'm not mistaken. Like another guy said science hasnt come very far considering these theories. But still, we havn't fully realised the effect of gravitational magnetic feilds on atoms,cellular levels or other particles. If i'm correct things go backwards in such a way (eg. nova to brown dwarfs) that energy is transformed into new constituants. That is dealing with magnificent gravity feilds and matter,anti-matter relations.DrDoomed
Time dilation has also been verified by seeing greatly extended lifespans of exotic particles generated in accelerators. There hasn't been a "gravitational magnetic field" in the universe in about 15 billion years (since about a billionth of a second after the Big Bang). Since the, nowhere in the universe has been sufficiently energetic to unite gravity with the other forces. Your claims seem to be based on throwing around terminology of science with no understanding of the actual underlying principles.
ct1257860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#29 ct1257860
Member since 2006 • 4441 Posts
it would be the past because we had no future yet.
Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Apollo5000
[QUOTE="Apollo5000"][QUOTE="DrDoomed"][QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]according to Einstein it is theoretically possible, time slows as you go faster. say im travelling at the speed of light roughly 180,000 miles per second, I would be going so fast that time would slow. Say 5 months would have passed on earth but only 3 weeks passed on the ship. it is possible it is just extremely difficult to understand and develop the technology to achieve thisDrDoomed

You using that atomic cock aeroplane thingy right? It is a good experiment but that is alittle behind if i'm not mistaken. Like another guy said science hasnt come very far considering these theories. But still, we havn't fully realised the effect of gravitational magnetic feilds on atoms,cellular levels or other particles. If i'm correct things go backwards in such a way (eg. nova to brown dwarfs) that energy is transformed into new constituants. That is dealing with magnificent gravity feilds and matter,anti-matter relations.

The what now? Well even giving that there is such an experiment that has both a very racy name and applys to what i was saying. Thats not the reason for my saying this. Black Holes for example have proved that for the object moving through the hole, time out with it apparently comes to a stand still, until the object comes out the other end. Not sure if they've actually tested it, but i'm sure just watching an object pass through would be enough. The energy that is released when a Star goes supernova theoretically powerful enough to travel back in time with. But harnessing such power as that and using it as a one way ticket to travel backwards doesn't really seem like a wise move. One tiny miscalculation on the smallest scale could mean that a Super Nova is about to wipe you out. Even so using the Super Nova as a "ticket" so to speak, you would still need a vessel that can reach the speed of light to make it applicable.
Kokiri-Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Kokiri-Kid
Member since 2007 • 584 Posts
Your wrong....it ISpossible. Haveint you ever seen Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure???

Pfffftttt....idiot.
DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DrDoomed
[QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="DrDoomed"][QUOTE="Apollo5000"][QUOTE="DrDoomed"][QUOTE="Apollo5000"]Did you ever think of the fact that we are already time traveling into the future? If you get up and walk out your door, you just time traveled. And the mere fact that if you build a ship that can go at the speed of light you can time travel, should be enough proof.

Yes we are; everything that exists is moving through spacetime at a uniform velocity of c (lightspeed). Movement through space bleeds off motion through time, as governed by the simple formula: Where are you getting the pseudoscientific weirdness that you are spouting?

Space time is interdimensional yet transient. can that make any sense to you? It's looked at as if its a solid object. Like paper. space-volume is the invisible space that holds all the matter and forces contained to the ends of the universe as it continues to expand. its sort of like the nothingness beyond that, that contains it. Beyond the bounds of the universe there is no space time. therefore it can be argued that by deobjectifying it, it no longer exists on its own. So what i'm saying is if time can exist in nothingness then it is uniform. Otherwise go home. i'm off to bed.
Avatar image for Manly-manly-man
Manly-manly-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Manly-manly-man
Member since 2006 • 3477 Posts
Actually, time travel into the future is possible, and that is accepted widely. Take for example the famous plane and watch experiment. Time travel back in time is considered impossible by most scientists. You have it backwards.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 194197844077667059316682358889
[QUOTE="DrDoomed"][QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="DrDoomed"][QUOTE="Apollo5000"][QUOTE="DrDoomed"][QUOTE="Apollo5000"]Did you ever think of the fact that we are already time traveling into the future? If you get up and walk out your door, you just time traveled. And the mere fact that if you build a ship that can go at the speed of light you can time travel, should be enough proof.

Space time is interdimensional yet transient. can that make any sense to you? It's looked at as if its a solid object. Like paper. space-volume is the invisible space that holds all the matter and forces contained to the ends of the universe as it continues to expand. its sort of like the nothingness beyond that, that contains it. Beyond the bounds of the universe there is no space time. therefore it can be argued that by deobjectifying it, it no longer exists on its own. So what i'm saying is if time can exist in nothingness then it is uniform. Otherwise go home. i'm off to bed.

Time cannot exist in nothingness and requires matter and energy to give it definition, as does space; hence, spacetime. What are you trying to say and where are you getting this stuff? It all reads like something written by a career tweaker :\
Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Apollo5000
[QUOTE="DrDoomed"][QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="DrDoomed"][QUOTE="Apollo5000"][QUOTE="DrDoomed"][QUOTE="Apollo5000"]Did you ever think of the fact that we are already time traveling into the future? If you get up and walk out your door, you just time traveled. And the mere fact that if you build a ship that can go at the speed of light you can time travel, should be enough proof.

I see you just turned this into a "If you don't agree with me i don't care what you think" situation :P
-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts

you cant go back in time, that stuff already happened