Thoughts on that new show "Rick and Morty"?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (17497 posts) -

So I am watching the pilot for the second time now and I am realizing that I REALLY love this first episode! This first episode is absolutely hilarious! It has a ton of craziness and imagination contained within it while having some very sharp and intelligent writing. It might be hard to believe with how utterly insane the show is and how it can LOOK juvenile on the surface, but there is some really good writing in this pilot episode.

If this first episode is any indication, we might have the first great Adult Swim original show to come around in some time! Going to be following this show to see if it can keep up or improve on the level of awesomeness of the pilot.

But yeah, anyone else here watch this pilot yet and what did ya think? Will you be watching episode 2 tonight?

Edit: So I went to find a clip of the show for this topic and lo-and-behold, Adult Swim has apparently put up the first episode of the show for free. Linky here for those interested or you can watch it embedded on here!

#2 Posted by whipassmt (14034 posts) -

I've never heard of it before this thread. The only "Morty" I know of from tv is the guy in the Swiffer commercials.

#3 Edited by mattbbpl (10645 posts) -

I just watched it from your clip (thanks) and I enjoyed it. I'll have to keep it on my radar.

Edit: Bonus props to the Cthulhu reference in the opening.

#4 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (17497 posts) -

@mattbbpl said:

I just watched it from your clip (thanks) and I enjoyed it. I'll have to keep it on my radar.

Edit: Bonus props to the Cthulhu reference in the opening.

Good to see someone else enjoyed it!

Episode 2 premiered tonight and it was indeed another solid episode! Maybe not quite as laugh-out-loud funny as the first, but it was definitely funny as hell and when I wasn't laughing, I was chuckling with a big smile on my face!

Really hope this show does well and has some sort of positive effect on the direction of Adult Swim. As it stands, Adult Swim has been VERY hit or miss lately and when it comes to their original programming I cannot even remember the last time they put out a hit...

#5 Posted by Brutal_Elitegs (16239 posts) -

Just burned though all six episodes. I want more

#6 Posted by thegerg (15441 posts) -

I've only ever seen a commercial for it, I don't like the show.

#8 Edited by thegerg (15441 posts) -
@always_explicit said:

@thegerg said:

I've only ever seen a commercial for it, I don't like the show.

You dont like anything, your an asshole.

My an asshole?

#9 Posted by ferrari2001 (16969 posts) -

I've heard good things about it but haven't had the opportunity to watch it.

#10 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3946 posts) -

It's so good, can't wait for part 2 of the season.