k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 k41m
Member since 2011 • 879 Posts

Will he be? No. It sucks that the amount of people that should be remembering Lord Infamous will be so low when he has a better flow and better lyrics than any of the "Rap stars" that have died and are now friggin remembered so dearly. Just because he talks about devil worship a lot and he isn't "socially acceptable" he isn't going to be placed on the podium that he deserves... well it's up to me now to spread him like a satanic plague.. RIP Lord Infamous!

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 k41m
Loading Video...

Open-Casket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Open-Casket
Member since 2014 • 72 Posts

Unfortunately, when it comes to the debate of music, it's all subjective. Actually took me years to realize this myself. Some people you meet will feel the same as you, others won't. Not a huge rap fan, But the samples you provided weren't bad.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

"His lyrics touched on subjects such as Satanism, mass murder, and torture." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Infamous)

Wow, I'm surprised he wasn't liked more

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Lord Infamous a legend no doubt. The whole satanism rap thing seems dead now, it will be a long time before that gets revived like no other rapper daring to rap like that

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 k41m

@lostrib said:

"His lyrics touched on subjects such as Satanism, mass murder, and torture." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Infamous)

Did you even listen?

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 k41m

@playmynutz said:

Lord Infamous a legend no doubt. The whole satanism rap thing seems dead now, it will be a long time before that gets revived like no other rapper daring to rap like that

Not in MEMPHIS, for some reason the Memphis rap scene has been HUGE for satanism and I have always wondered why. Especially being in the south/bible belt and whatnot. In his documentary Koopsta Knicca of Three Six Mafia said he hated God so much for making his childhood so crappy that his mission in life was to make black people comfortable with the devil and triple six, maybe that has something to do with it.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@k41m said:

@lostrib said:

Did you even listen?

I talk to myself because there is no one to talk to

I am the kool damn fool that will shoot you

I think of murda, Murder on me mind

Murder on the menu, Murder all the time

Murder with the .45, Murder with the 9

Murder, murda is my favorite crime

Blood on my street, and blood on my hands

Blood on my shirt, and blood on my pants

Niggas they cry, many die, Die, Die, Niggas

------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, sounds like a real positive message, one that most can get behind. A true poet that will be missed. :|

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

He isnt that great, he has an inaccessible raspy flow, its nowhere near as comfortable to listen to as biggie and tupac. He lacks annunciation and its quite important when trying to convey any sort of message regardless of what it is people choose to rap about. I think it has less to do with his subject matter and more to do with a very distinctive voice. Rappers like andre 3000 use similar rhyming patterns but are also able to do so without words getting "lost".

Tech n9ne offers equally complex raps at twice the speed and yet he is undoubtedly far easier to understand.

Im not saying he is a bad rapper. Certainly not a legend though. Id recommend Aqauleo if your looking for a slightly dark satanic rap style with intellect word play and speed.

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By k41m

@jasean79 said:

@k41m said:

@lostrib said:

Did you even listen?

I talk to myself because there is no one to talk to

I am the kool damn fool that will shoot you

I think of murda, Murder on me mind

Murder on the menu, Murder all the time

Murder with the .45, Murder with the 9

Murder, murda is my favorite crime

Blood on my street, and blood on my hands

Blood on my shirt, and blood on my pants

Niggas they cry, many die, Die, Die, Niggas

------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, sounds like a real positive message, one that most can get behind. A true poet that will be missed. :|

Oh dude Damn I'm Crazed is from like 1989, there are much better songs you could have cited..

@always_explicit said:

He isnt that great, he has an inaccessible raspy flow, its nowhere near as comfortable to listen to as biggie and tupac. He lacks annunciation and its quite important when trying to convey any sort of message regardless of what it is people choose to rap about. I think it has less to do with his subject matter and more to do with a very distinctive voice. Rappers like andre 3000 use similar rhyming patterns but are also able to do so without words getting "lost".

Tech n9ne offers equally complex raps at twice the speed and yet he is undoubtedly far easier to understand.

Im not saying he is a bad rapper. Certainly not a legend though. Id recommend Aqauleo if your looking for a slightly dark satanic rap style with intellect word play and speed.

I understand what you mean, I do. You must not be from the South though because I never had any problem understanding Lord Infamous in any of his songs, guess I'm just used to that kind of style though.

Heres a song Lord Infamous did for 3-6 Mafia most of you probably know

Loading Video...

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@k41m: Oh dude Damn I'm Crazed is from like 1989, there are much better songs you could have cited..

Possibly, but that would mean I'd have to listen to each song to provide a better example.

I've always wondered this - what makes a rapper great? Is it his lyrics only? Because the "music" itself is rather void of any real structure. Just a bunch of looped bits to a beat.

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By k41m

@jasean79 said:

@k41m: Oh dude Damn I'm Crazed is from like 1989, there are much better songs you could have cited..

Possibly, but that would mean I'd have to listen to each song to provide a better example.

I've always wondered this - what makes a rapper great? Is it his lyrics only? Because the "music" itself is rather void of any real structure. Just a bunch of looped bits to a beat.

Eh, I've just been a huge fan of him and Koopsta Knicca ever since I was a kid and my sister bought me Mystic Styles on tape.

::checks pants::

Yeah, it's just my fanboy showing.

This is the first song I heard him in (first and last verse) and i fell in love for some reason

Loading Video...

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I like rap, but that sucked.

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 k41m

@Hemmaroids said:

He's great. The Damn I'm Crazed is from the early 90's. Don't forget his verse in the classic Mystic Stylez song "Fuckin Wit Dis Click": "mutilation paralyzation Got no patience when I'm chasin' Down a patient Trying' to thwart assassination". Just like the verse says it reminds me of a mad psychotic doctor chasing a victim through an unsanitized dimly lit hallway in an abandoned hospital. Agent 47 chasing in disguise?

BTW: Not a 2pac fan at all.

Well, all I wanted is to meet another fan. Oh was it early 90s? I thought it was part of "DJ Paul & Lord Infamous Come With me To Hell" and I thought that was an '89 production, guess I was wrong lol.

I think what happened was I went outside for a smoke and heard some crappy 50 cent rap at the end credits of a movie and rage just built up inside of me lol, I think it's kind of sad people like Lord Infamous and Koopsta Knicca will never be held up to the same light as crap like G unit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

@k41m said:

@playmynutz said:

Not in MEMPHIS, for some reason the Memphis rap scene has been HUGE for satanism and I have always wondered why. Especially being in the south/bible belt and whatnot. In his documentary Koopsta Knicca of Three Six Mafia said he hated God so much for making his childhood so crappy that his mission in life was to make black people comfortable with the devil and triple six, maybe that has something to do with it.

Woah did not know that about Memphis that is cool. That would be awesome if someone blew up with that kind of style

k41m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 k41m

@playmynutz said:

@k41m said:

@playmynutz said:

Woah did not know that about Memphis that is cool. That would be awesome if someone blew up with that kind of style

Check this out bro, it's from their brand new mixtape and recorded right before Lord Infamous died. They went back to their roots, very demonic sounding mixtape.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

@k41m: Yeah I've peeped that before, it is really good specially the song with Krayzie and Bizzy Bone