Think The New Star Wars EU Will Be As Great As The Old?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Since the old Extended Universe became archived and renamed as the Star Wars Legends, do you guys think the new EU will be as great as the old? The old EU was massive which went on to books, comics and video games. There is literally enough material to last you years before you can fully catch up to it. I didn't get far in the old EU because I didn't know where to start when it came to reading the books and comics. Instead, I followed the EU through video games. I got to play Dark Forces, Republic Commando, Force Unleashed I-II, Revenge Of The Sith, Lego Star Wars Complete Saga (Don't judge lol), Bounty Hunter,Clone Wars, Shadows Of The Empire and a few other games. I am currently beginning to play KOTOR and am in the middle of Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast and a few other older Star Wars games. All these games have more to add to the existing movies and have a lot to add to the entire franchise. I can only imagine how much the books had to offer and what they did for the Star Wars Universe. Since Disney decided to start things off clean by wiping the entire EU out, do you guys think that the new Star Wars canon and new Extended Universe will be just as great as it's former self or will it always live behind the old Extended Universes shadow?