They shouldn't reboot Batman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LaytonsCat (3652 posts) -

They should just take the Bond route and recast the actor. There are more than three stories that can be told with the character. By rebooting every thrid movie seems like such a waste to me. Does anybody agree?

#3 Posted by mattbbpl (10726 posts) -
Reboots have a valid purpose, but I agree that it's too soon to do a reboot.

They aren't planning one, are they?
#4 Posted by LaytonsCat (3652 posts) -

Theres nothing announced but all signs point towards it, potentially using a Justice League movie as a starting point

#5 Posted by metroidprime55 (17657 posts) -
Oh god, please tell me they aren't planning a reboot. For the love of god please...
#6 Posted by zeroyaoi (1934 posts) -
We don't need more batman movies... at least forthe next five years.
#7 Posted by Canuck3000 (40562 posts) -
It's pretty annoying. We don't need to see his origin story yet again.
#8 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14483 posts) -

My guess is that Warner Bros. is gonna put the series on a shelf for awhile and try to concentrate on other DC Comics characters for a bit.  After seeing what Marvel has been doing, it'd be silly for them not to.

#9 Posted by mems_1224 (47444 posts) -
Nah, give it a reboot so that we can get some of the crazier villains back. I wanna see Killer Croc and Clayface but they wouldn't work in the current Dark Knight universe
#10 Posted by lostrib (39049 posts) -

are they planning to reboot? I thought batman wasn't showing up again until Justice League

#11 Posted by The-Apostle (12190 posts) -
It's pretty annoying. We don't need to see his origin story yet again. Canuck3000
Especially since they always rewrite it. Meh... 90s Batman was better anyway. >_>
#12 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14483 posts) -

[QUOTE="Canuck3000"]It's pretty annoying. We don't need to see his origin story yet again. The-Apostle
Especially since they always rewrite it. Meh... 90s Batman was better anyway. >_>

The Joel Schumacher movies?!

Al4.gif

Dude, seriously...

#13 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

They better not reboot Batman.

#14 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

I'd like to see them continue the current continuity with Blake taking over as Batman.

#15 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

I'm sorry, I just prefer a fun, sadistic clown over a depressing one. >_>The-Apostle

Me too, which is why Ledger's Joker was so great. Granted Nicholson's Joker wasn't depressing, just hokey and too much like pretty much every other character that Jack Nicholson plays.

#16 Posted by Ikouze (2027 posts) -
I think Batman shouldn't be rebooted either. I think they could somehow fit Nolan's Batman into the same universe as Superman. They just had to find the right way to do it. It's kinda silly how they are going on the route to get a JL movie going, while having such a hard time setting up the universe with multiple heroes. Green Lantern will most likely get rebooted and Wonder Woman and Flash can't even get a script of the ground. Don't see how they are going to make this work but we'll see.
#17 Posted by Deadpool-n (467 posts) -

I think Dark Knight Rises could have been better, as in Bane actually use Venom and I didn't like how Batman took what, 8 years off? He wasn't Batman for long really.

But if they do "reboot" why not just skip the origin story and jump right into it

Start by having Batman land on a car during a police chase and go from there.

#18 Posted by The-Apostle (12190 posts) -

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="Canuck3000"]It's pretty annoying. We don't need to see his origin story yet again. Hallenbeck77

Al4.gif

Dude, seriously...

I'm being serious. Jack Nicholson beats Heath Ledger easily.
#19 Posted by Oleg_Huzwog (21885 posts) -

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Especially since they always rewrite it. Meh... 90s Batman was better anyway. >_>The-Apostle

Dude, seriously...

That was 89.

#20 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Especially since they always rewrite it. Meh... 90s Batman was better anyway. >_>The-Apostle

Al4.gif

Dude, seriously...

Nicholson wasn't in any the Schumacher movies, wasn't in any of the 90s Batman movies, and no, he doesn't.

#21 Posted by The-Apostle (12190 posts) -

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Al4.gif

Dude, seriously...

Oleg_Huzwog

Nicholson wasn't in any the Schumacher movies, wasn't in any of the 90s Batman movies, and no, he doesn't.

I'm sorry, I just prefer a fun, sadistic clown over a depressing one. >_>
#22 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151693 posts) -
They haven't announced any reboot.....:|
#23 Posted by The_Gaming_Baby (6337 posts) -

They should just take the Bond route and recast the actor. There are more than three stories that can be told with the character. By rebooting every thrid movie seems like such a waste to me. Does anybody agree?

LaytonsCat
They should do a reboot, but not yet. The Dark Knight Trilogy shouldn't be added to. The next batman films, which should arrive within 5 years, won't be as realistic as it will coincide with the DC Universe
#24 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

I can't stand the fact that they aleady rebooted Spiderman so soon afte the Raimi Spiderman trilogy.

#25 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

We don't need another origin story, since pretty much everyone knows Batman's origin by this point... but we need a universe that allows for the existence of other heroes and a broader rogues gallery.  Nolan's world was too grounded in reality to allow for Robin and the rest of the bat family, a Justice League, or even to have the proper League of Shadows headed up by an immortal Ra's Al Ghul.  I want it to stay nice and dark, but I'd like to see something truer to the character.  Nolan's Batman isn't my Batman.  I want the Dark Knight Detective.

#26 Posted by scoots9 (3222 posts) -

Personally, I think they should do Batman Beyond.

#27 Posted by gameofthering (10365 posts) -

Personally, I think they should do Batman Beyond.

scoots9

There should be more Batman Beyond stuff. I also want a good game of Batman Beyond.

#28 Posted by sonicare (53529 posts) -

They should just dub over Christian Bale's god awful voice acting.

#29 Posted by CursedChamp (506 posts) -
I do not think that they will reboot the Batman movie series anytime soon.
#30 Posted by Jd1680a (5948 posts) -
We dont need another origin story of Bruce Wayne becoming Batman. If they have to, they should do a two minute flashback. Im hoping they use CGI in Batman like they did with Spiderman reboot. Penguin would be a good villain for the reboot.
#31 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -

My guess is that Warner Bros. is gonna put the series on a shelf for awhile and try to concentrate on other DC Comics characters for a bit.  After seeing what Marvel has been doing, it'd be silly for them not to.

Hallenbeck77
This.