There's a country that loves America more than Americans

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by lordlors (5610 posts) -

Philippines

But what do Americans think of the Philippines? Was Philippines ever in the mind of the Americans? There's clamor of Filipinos wanting the country to become the 51st state of the US which is a joke (it will never happen). It's sort of like an orphan begging you to take him to your home.

#2 Posted by -TheSecondSign- (9194 posts) -

Never been, never wanted to go. Had a few opportunities to go while I was in the military, never went. The Marines do all sorts of shit over there sometimes, know a few people who went over for peacekeeping missions or something. Never looked into it beyond what they told me.

Had no interest in going to another shitty country. I like the US just fine. We might have all sorts of problems but we're pretty awesome compared to some places on the planet.

#3 Posted by mccoyca112 (5433 posts) -

Well every other country seems to have a stick up its ass about us, so we're still in the red. Go Philippines, I guess.

#4 Posted by farrell2k (6367 posts) -

Most patriotism in America is false patriotism. People outwardly proclaim patriotism here in the U.S. because they think they are perceived in a more positive light for doing so, especially politicians. Anyone who has actually been to other countries, particularly Canada and most European countries will realize that the U.S. is not the greatest country in the world. It's all a show.

Americans don't care about the Philippines.

#5 Edited by -TheSecondSign- (9194 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Most patriotism in America is false patriotism. People outwardly proclaim patriotism here in the U.S. because they think they are perceived in a more positive light for doing so, especially politicians. Anyone who has actually been to other countries, particularly Canada and most European countries will realize that the U.S. is not the greatest country in the world. It's all a show.

Been to England, Germany, Colombia, Ukraine, Mexico, and almost had a little trip to Brunei.

Only one I liked as much as my own home country was London. It was basically America but with funny accents and everyone drove on the other side of the road. Also, from what I recall, those guys pay out the ass for electronics for some reason.

England was awesome, just as good as America. Went to Cambridge Beer festival and still have to commemorative pint glass for it. Would love to go back one day. They also have great TV there.

#6 Posted by ad1x2 (5675 posts) -

Most Americans have lived here all of their lives and take a lot of things for granted. People who live in developing countries envy us for that reason. Consider the First World Problems meme.

Last time I went to the Philippines I had children begging me for money to eat while in the US and most other first world countries those children would usually have help from a variety of sources.

#7 Posted by thegerg (15460 posts) -

Not shocking, the US is a great country.

#8 Posted by seahorse123 (1228 posts) -

Serbians and Croatian's are very patriotic almost to the point where they are xenophobic

#9 Posted by playmynutz (6068 posts) -

Everyone talks trash about America but wanna live here

#10 Posted by seahorse123 (1228 posts) -

@playmynutz: The western world will decline to the standards of the third world eventually so eventually no one will want to come to America.

#11 Edited by indzman (18150 posts) -

Most people from Asia, Europe wishes they lived, earned and settled in US.Those who are unable to visit US, criticize it. Right now i'm talking to one of my indian freinds on steam who just settled in Arizona, hes also praising US highly.

Great country :)

#12 Posted by slateman_basic (3987 posts) -

A lot of people like America more than their own country. That's why the immigrate here.

#13 Edited by seahorse123 (1228 posts) -

America patriotism these days is just playing a song and getting down on your knees and letting what the country stands for be butchered and now supporting a murderous global empire. That is patriotism these days.

#14 Posted by airshocker (29914 posts) -

@seahorse123 said:

America patriotism these days is just playing a song and getting down on your knees and letting what the country stands for be butchered and now supporting a murderous global empire. That is patriotism these days.

Generalizations FTW.

#15 Posted by magicalclick (22844 posts) -

I personally think South California is best place to live as immigrant. Way better than Taiwan who discriminated people like me because our grand parents came from China. I would rather get discriminated by people of actual different skin color, and I haven't experienced that in South California.

#16 Posted by gago-gago (9542 posts) -

The Philippines had the chance to be part of the USA but the Philippines wanted to be independent. They helped the US win a world war and there was even a huge US Naval base there. I don't want to generalize but there are some Philippine women that US military personnel would love bring home though.

#17 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151458 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

I've been to Canada a few times. I don't see it as any better than the US. Therefore, your post is wrong.