There's a country that loves America more than Americans

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

Philippines

But what do Americans think of the Philippines? Was Philippines ever in the mind of the Americans? There's clamor of Filipinos wanting the country to become the 51st state of the US which is a joke (it will never happen). It's sort of like an orphan begging you to take him to your home.

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

Never been, never wanted to go. Had a few opportunities to go while I was in the military, never went. The Marines do all sorts of shit over there sometimes, know a few people who went over for peacekeeping missions or something. Never looked into it beyond what they told me.

Had no interest in going to another shitty country. I like the US just fine. We might have all sorts of problems but we're pretty awesome compared to some places on the planet.

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

Well every other country seems to have a stick up its ass about us, so we're still in the red. Go Philippines, I guess.

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

@farrell2k said:

Most patriotism in America is false patriotism. People outwardly proclaim patriotism here in the U.S. because they think they are perceived in a more positive light for doing so, especially politicians. Anyone who has actually been to other countries, particularly Canada and most European countries will realize that the U.S. is not the greatest country in the world. It's all a show.

Americans don't care about the Philippines.

Been to England, Germany, Colombia, Ukraine, Mexico, and almost had a little trip to Brunei.

Only one I liked as much as my own home country was London. It was basically America but with funny accents and everyone drove on the other side of the road. Also, from what I recall, those guys pay out the ass for electronics for some reason.

England was awesome, just as good as America. Went to Cambridge Beer festival and still have to commemorative pint glass for it. Would love to go back one day. They also have great TV there.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Most Americans have lived here all of their lives and take a lot of things for granted. People who live in developing countries envy us for that reason. Consider the First World Problems meme.

Last time I went to the Philippines I had children begging me for money to eat while in the US and most other first world countries those children would usually have help from a variety of sources.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 seahorse123
Member since 2012 • 1237 Posts

Serbians and Croatian's are very patriotic almost to the point where they are xenophobic

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Everyone talks trash about America but wanna live here

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 seahorse123

@playmynutz: The western world will decline to the standards of the third world eventually so eventually no one will want to come to America.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Most people from Asia, Europe wishes they lived, earned and settled in US.Those who are unable to visit US, criticize it. Right now i'm talking to one of my indian freinds on steam who just settled in Arizona, hes also praising US highly.

Great country :)

slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts

A lot of people like America more than their own country. That's why the immigrate here.

seahorse123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By seahorse123

America patriotism these days is just playing a song and getting down on your knees and letting what the country stands for be butchered and now supporting a murderous global empire. That is patriotism these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@seahorse123 said:

America patriotism these days is just playing a song and getting down on your knees and letting what the country stands for be butchered and now supporting a murderous global empire. That is patriotism these days.

Generalizations FTW.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

The Philippines had the chance to be part of the USA but the Philippines wanted to be independent. They helped the US win a world war and there was even a huge US Naval base there. I don't want to generalize but there are some Philippine women that US military personnel would love bring home though.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@farrell2k said:

Most patriotism in America is false patriotism. People outwardly proclaim patriotism here in the U.S. because they think they are perceived in a more positive light for doing so, especially politicians. Anyone who has actually been to other countries, particularly Canada and most European countries will realize that the U.S. is not the greatest country in the world. It's all a show.

Americans don't care about the Philippines.

I've been to Canada a few times. I don't see it as any better than the US. Therefore, your post is wrong.