The world wants Obama to win the US election.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#51 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

The more I read this forum, the more convinced I become that the legal voting age should be raised to 30.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

[QUOTE="Vuurk"] I agree, but why would they support the incumbent consider what he has done to their country? Vuurk

If I was a citizen of Pakistan, I'd refuse to support either of them considering they BOTH want to drone strike my country. I guess I'd choose Obama as at least he doesn't want more drones.

LOL. When did Obama say he didn't want more drones?!?! I need to see a link of this. Last I had heard he was the one who has murdered thousands of citizens in Pakistan via drone strikes. Come on mate, don't play the bias game.

Romney is a political clone of Bush, he wants to increase defense spending, and considering his support of drone strikes, I think we'd just see MORE during his term, don't you think? This isn't bias, this is common sense, a rare commodity this election.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
.... that's because the Republican party appeals to a sort of old fashioned American traditionalism that a lot of the world finds unrelateable.
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Obama should be leading by double digits in the polls. Having Romney even close to winning, shows how bad the Obama campaign is running. A billionaire who has never paid more then 13% in taxes could win the 2012 president election????

roulettethedog

Obama is projected to win 303 electoral votes and is rising.

Despite what the media is trying to portray (makes good ratings I guess) Romney is only close in the popular vote, the electoral makeup says a different story.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#55 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I have faith in the internet.

http://www.whatdoestheinternetthink.net/mitt%20romney

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#56 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I have faith in the internet.

http://www.whatdoestheinternetthink.net/mitt%20romney

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

[QUOTE="Vuurk"][QUOTE="Person0"]

Its not like romney is going to stop them

Person0

I agree, but why would they support the incumbent consider what he has done to their country?

Because the Republicans have shown that they are usually more Pro-War then the Democrats. So if anything it will probably be worse for Pakistan if Romney won/

The current administration has carried out more drone attacks then the previous one. I'm not saying that the Republicans are any better, but the notion that they are "pro-war" to a greater extent is rubbish.

Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

[QUOTE="Person0"][QUOTE="Vuurk"] I agree, but why would they support the incumbent consider what he has done to their country? Socijalisticka

Because the Republicans have shown that they are usually more Pro-War then the Democrats. So if anything it will probably be worse for Pakistan if Romney won/

The current administration has carried out more drone attacks then the previous one. I'm not saying that the Republicans are any better, but the notion that they are "pro-war" to a greater extent is rubbish.

Well... Bush 2 Wars, Obama none. Republicans "time for diplomacy with Iran is over"
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

Because the Republicans have shown that they are usually more Pro-War then the Democrats. So if anything it will probably be worse for Pakistan if Romney won/Person0

Woodrow Wilson, FDR, Harry Truman, JFK, Lyndon B. Johnson. Do you know what they all have in common? They are all Democrats that sent men to war during the 20th Century. Now you can add Obama (he is still sending men to war) to that list of Democrats who have sent men to war in the last 100 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

[QUOTE="Person0"]Because the Republicans have shown that they are usually more Pro-War then the Democrats. So if anything it will probably be worse for Pakistan if Romney won/WhiteKnight77

Woodrow Wilson, FDR, Harry Truman, JFK, Lyndon B. Johnson. Do you know what they all have in common? They are all Democrats that sent men to war during the 20th Century. Now you can add Obama (he is still sending men to war) to that list of Democrats who have sent men to war in the last 100 years.

Recently.......
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

Obama should be leading by double digits in the polls. Having Romney even close to winning, shows how bad the Obama campaign is running. A billionaire who has never paid more then 13% in taxes could win the 2012 president election????

roulettethedog
Well that's what happens when you have too many old bigots voting.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
Obama doesn't really need to start any more formal wars with the sh*tload of drone attacks he's responsible for. Don't get it twisted. He has enough blood on his hands to drown a small galaxy.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="Socijalisticka"]

[QUOTE="Person0"] Because the Republicans have shown that they are usually more Pro-War then the Democrats. So if anything it will probably be worse for Pakistan if Romney won/Person0

Well... Bush 2 Wars, Obama none. Republicans "time for diplomacy with Iran is over"

>implying Obama wouldn't have gotten into those wars

Circumstances are important. Afghanistan was p. much a no-brainer regardless of party. Maybe Obama would not have gone into Iraq, maybe he would have, but Clinton made it seem p. damn inevitable.

Moreover, when it came time to talking policy, umm, Romney parroted Obama's stances, saying that Iran can't have nukes, but invasion is a "last resort." He just says it louder, I guess.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
weird
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#66 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Surprisingly it's very 50/50 here in the US, I feel as if we're going to be looking at another very close election this year.

Obama does seem to be winning Ohio, and the Electoral College as well.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

roulettethedog

Republicans pretty much know how to fabricate the truth.Their candidate is about as weak as Mccain in terms of policy, but he isn't a bad person.The only reason he is close to beating obama in the first place is because the republicans are trying to blame the economy on Obama's policies when in reality their plan to fix the economy is unrealistic compared to Obama's, but sadly the voters don't recognize that.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="Person0"]Because the Republicans have shown that they are usually more Pro-War then the Democrats. So if anything it will probably be worse for Pakistan if Romney won/WhiteKnight77

Woodrow Wilson, FDR, Harry Truman, JFK, Lyndon B. Johnson. Do you know what they all have in common? They are all Democrats that sent men to war during the 20th Century.

I'll give you those last three, but the first two on that list hardly seemed like warhawks. Technically you're right that they sent men to war but FDR in particular only did so after we were attacked in the first place. Also Woodrow Wilson-era Democrats and the modern Democratic Party are pretty damn different.

JoGoSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 JoGoSo
Member since 2012 • 441 Posts

Of all the factors regarding who should be president, who other countries think should be president is one of the least relevant.

Rapporteur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Rapporteur
Member since 2012 • 95 Posts
Maybe Obama would not have gone into Iraq, maybe he would have, but Clinton made it seem p. damn inevitable.coolbeans90
This is pretty interesting. From what I remember -- and I could be wrong, I don't remember much from two weeks ago even -- Obama was pretty critical of the war in Iraq as a state Senator, calling it a dumb war or something to that effect. I don't have much to add on top of that tidbit, I just wanted to highlight an interesting issue.
TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

Can you blame them? Thousands of citizens in their country have been murdered by drone strikes under the Obama administration. Also, I think a much more interesting graph would be one that includes an option for neither candidate. Vuurk
They're killing terrorists with those derp.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

Lol; feel sorry for Pakistan. They just want to bring in any other person than Obama.

Dear Pakistan,

If you thought Obama was bad, wait till you get a load of neo-conservatism mixed with pseudo-patriotism on steroids.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 BossPerson

[QUOTE="Vuurk"] Can you blame them? Thousands of citizens in their country have been murdered by drone strikes under the Obama administration. Also, I think a much more interesting graph would be one that includes an option for neither candidate. TopTierHustler

except for all the times they don't http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/sep/25/study-obama-drone-deaths
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

The only significant thing to take from that article is this:

"The irony again lost on Romney is that other countries are accusing the US of currency manipulation. After all, one of the main benefits of the Federal Reserve's policy of "quantitative easing" perhaps the only channel with a significant effect on the real economy derives from the depreciation of the US dollar."

Yet, the Federal Reserve is already manipulating the currency while Obama is in office so it really makes no difference which president we have.

Vuurk

Yeah. Shame that's the case...

The chart isn't really surprising though. Countries with large religious (Christian) populaces seem to vote higher for Romney, although obviously less so than Obama.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

[QUOTE="Vuurk"] Can you blame them? Thousands of citizens in their country have been murdered by drone strikes under the Obama administration. Also, I think a much more interesting graph would be one that includes an option for neither candidate. BossPerson

except for all the times they don't http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/sep/25/study-obama-drone-deaths

Keep in mind whom you are arguing with. I really wouldn't bother.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 TopTierHustler

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

[QUOTE="Vuurk"] Can you blame them? Thousands of citizens in their country have been murdered by drone strikes under the Obama administration. Also, I think a much more interesting graph would be one that includes an option for neither candidate. BossPerson

I'm aware of the prblems. Just means we need more time to perfect this relatively new technology.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]They're killing terrorists with those derp.

TopTierHustler

I'm aware of the prblems. Just means we need more time to perfect this relatively new technology.

Are you trolling?

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TopTierHustler

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]They're killing terrorists with those derp.

coolbeans90

god damn you're a prick

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BossPerson

TopTierHustler

Maybe we can zoom in real close and see how big their beards are before we kill them?
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]except for all the times they don't http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/sep/25/study-obama-drone-deathsTopTierHustler

god damn you're a prick

Yeah, I really am.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]except for all the times they don't http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/sep/25/study-obama-drone-deathsAljosa23

Are you trolling?

There's a reason why he's called toptiertroll
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

TopTierHustler

I get the impression you would support Obama not matter what he did. If Obama and Romney switched campaign platforms (lol) you would still be totally pro-Obama, am I right?
TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TopTierHustler

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]except for all the times they don't http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/sep/25/study-obama-drone-deathsBossPerson

Maybe we can zoom in real close and see how big their beards are before we kill them?

maybe.

I was thinking since this tech is only like 3 years old, and since in the course of human history, this is the first time humans can fight in combat, without actually being there, and I would much rather a robot have the potential to die than our soilder. and given the high inaccuraty, yeah, I'd say there's room for improvement, and given how science has been making strides in recent yeaqrs in robotics, fight and computers, yes I do expect the technology to get much much better. You don't get better without actual field tests though.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 coolbeans90

There's a reason why he's called toptiertroll l4dak47

toptiertroll l4dak47

toptierl4dak47

Girls.png

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#85 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Obama doesn't really need to start any more formal wars with the sh*tload of drone attacks he's responsible for. Don't get it twisted. He has enough blood on his hands to drown a small galaxy.MrPraline
Republicans have the blood of 600,000 Iraqis on their hands.
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

Pakistan wants Romney to win!

bbcworldpoll-obama2012.gif?w=640

Person0

I'd be interested in data from Norway, Iceland, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, among all the other developed nations missing from the graph, but I guess the graph paints a good enough picture?:P

I have to say though, the fact Chinese people would be overwhelmingly for Obama may be due to many of them don't know who Romney is, and also, if the this is Chinese choosing their own president, they'd likely to vote Romney, their values are more in line with the republicans, from what I've seen anyway.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

[QUOTE="Person0"]Because the Republicans have shown that they are usually more Pro-War then the Democrats. So if anything it will probably be worse for Pakistan if Romney won/JML897

Woodrow Wilson, FDR, Harry Truman, JFK, Lyndon B. Johnson. Do you know what they all have in common? They are all Democrats that sent men to war during the 20th Century.

I'll give you those last three, but the first two on that list hardly seemed like warhawks. Technically you're right that they sent men to war but FDR in particular only did so after we were attacked in the first place. Also Woodrow Wilson-era Democrats and the modern Democratic Party are pretty damn different.

WTF are you talking about, FDR and Wilson weren't hawks? FDR was very pro-war, and it was Wilson who wanted to "make the world safe for Democracy" by sending Americans to die in European trenches. Democrats have never really been critics of the warfare state, and many have been instrumental in expanding it.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

Rhazakna

WTF are you talking about, FDR and Wilson weren't hawks? FDR was very pro-war, and it was Wilson who wanted to "make the world safe for Democracy" by sending Americans to die in European trenches. Democrats have never really been critics of the warfare state, and many have been instrumental in expanding it.

Actually I'm curious but how was FDR pro-war? (I'm not asking this because I think he wasn't but because I've never heard that claim made before)
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
[QUOTE="Rhazakna"][QUOTE="JML897"]

chessmaster1989

Actually I'm curious but how was FDR pro-war? (I'm not asking this because I think he wasn't but because I've never heard that claim made before)

Wow, really? FDR was consistently criticized by the Isolationist movement for undermining American neutrality in the beginning of WW2. He was giving the Allies military technology in the early 1940s. How can anyone with an even cursory knowledge of FDR not know that he at least criticized for being was pro-war?
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="Rhazakna"] WTF are you talking about, FDR and Wilson weren't hawks? FDR was very pro-war, and it was Wilson who wanted to "make the world safe for Democracy" by sending Americans to die in European trenches. Democrats have never really been critics of the warfare state, and many have been instrumental in expanding it.Rhazakna

Wow, really? FDR was consistently criticized by the Isolationist movement for undermining American neutrality in the beginning of WW2. He was giving the Allies military technology in the early 1940s. How can anyone with an even cursory knowledge of FDR not know that he at least criticized for being was pro-war?

Ah yes I'd forgotten he supplied arms to the allies before entering the war. Forgive me it's been over 6 years since I last studied American history.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]Maybe Obama would not have gone into Iraq, maybe he would have, but Clinton made it seem p. damn inevitable.Rapporteur
This is pretty interesting. From what I remember -- and I could be wrong, I don't remember much from two weeks ago even -- Obama was pretty critical of the war in Iraq as a state Senator, calling it a dumb war or something to that effect. I don't have much to add on top of that tidbit, I just wanted to highlight an interesting issue.

He referred to it as "dumb" and "rash" as a senator in 2002. As president, in 2011 after the complete withdrawal, he was asked again whether or not he still thought that Iraq was a dumb war - to which he responded that "history will judge." He has also said: "Because, you know, what's happened over the last several years has linked the United States and Iraq in a way that is potentially powerful and could end up benefiting not only America and Iraq but also the entire region and the entire world."

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

As others were saying the election here isn't as close as it is being portrayed. The media loves the run up to the election because it is very good for ratings. The country is deeply divided along party lines and Obama is going to win enough "liberalish" states to stay president. That being said, the Republicans are going to keep control of the House of Representatives throughout the rest of his presidency at this point. I think its laughable that his entire second term plan so far is completely hindering on the faint hope the the Republicans in the house will start to break rank. These people are being sent to congress from conservative districts with the goal of hindering his policies. Anyone who breaks rank is going to find themself voted out pretty quickily in the current political climate.

In short: Obama will win and accomplish nothing in the next four years.

Rapporteur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Rapporteur
Member since 2012 • 95 Posts
He referred to it as "dumb" and "rash" as a senator in 2002. As president, in 2011 after the complete withdrawal, he was asked again whether or not he still thought that Iraq was a dumb war - to which he responded that "history will judge." He has also said: "Because, you know, what's happened over the last several years has linked the United States and Iraq in a way that is potentially powerful and could end up benefiting not only America and Iraq but also the entire region and the entire world."coolbeans90
I would've expected that much. Having to deal with an issue in an entirely different capacity (especially a jump from dissenter to commander in chief) will usually effect how you perceive it.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]He referred to it as "dumb" and "rash" as a senator in 2002. As president, in 2011 after the complete withdrawal, he was asked again whether or not he still thought that Iraq was a dumb war - to which he responded that "history will judge." He has also said: "Because, you know, what's happened over the last several years has linked the United States and Iraq in a way that is potentially powerful and could end up benefiting not only America and Iraq but also the entire region and the entire world."Rapporteur
I would've expected that much. Having to deal with an issue in an entirely different capacity (especially a jump from dissenter to commander in chief) will usually effect how you perceive it.

Agreed.

LLYNCES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 LLYNCES
Member since 2012 • 378 Posts
It partly has something to do with the fact that these people from other countries do not have the Pro-Romney propaganda shoved down their throats when it comes to the U.S election. They watch the debates and have seen who Romney really is and what Obama has done for their own countries, while the Americans are blinded by fox news and untrue adds telling lies about Obama and hyping Romney up as somebody who he isn't. Not to mention, for some odd reason, the U.S is just generally behind these other countries on social issues like abortion, gay marriage and religion and have far less people who support Romney's stance on these things.
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#96 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

I wonder why Germany and Poland are so pro-Romney relative to other European nations, and France so anti-Romney.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

As others were saying the election here isn't as close as it is being portrayed. The media loves the run up to the election because it is very good for ratings. The country is deeply divided along party lines and Obama is going to win enough "liberalish" states to stay president. That being said, the Republicans are going to keep control of the House of Representatives throughout the rest of his presidency at this point. I think its laughable that his entire second term plan so far is completely hindering on the faint hope the the Republicans in the house will start to break rank. These people are being sent to congress from conservative districts with the goal of hindering his policies. Anyone who breaks rank is going to find themself voted out pretty quickily in the current political climate.

In short: Obama will win and accomplish nothing in the next four years.

UnknownSniper65
This is true. If Obama wins we gotta hear 4 years of whining the House is blocking everything he wants to do. If Romney wins its 4 years of Reid and the Senate blocking everything he wants to do. Not sure what the solution is.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#98 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Person0
I'm noticing a strong absence of Israel, which obviously wants Romney to win. >_>

Obama blew it.

Obviously_Right
This.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="Person0"]

The-Apostle
I'm noticing a strong absence of Israel, which obviously wants Romney to win. >_>

Obama blew it.

Obviously_Right
This.

Oh yeah, forgot Romney wants to get on his knees for Israel.
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#100 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
Since when have Americans ever cared what the world thinks? Eh, every nation has a right to run their country anyway they want.