The Winter Solider or The Amazing Spiderman 2?

  • 51 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

Now of course I know critics aren't loving Spiderman 2 as much as the general public is but that is why the question needs to be asked.

Now Captain America had a very good plot and great character development while on the other hand Spidey 2 had great action, visual effects, and characters in general. Personally I'd choose Cap. It's pretty close honestly. I would also argue Spidey 2 is the best Spidey movie to date.

Use spoilers accordingly.

What say you, OT?

#2 Edited by Bardock47 (5338 posts) -

Winter Soldier hands down. Possibly my favorite Marvel movie.

#3 Posted by Korvus (4768 posts) -

Haven't watched Winter Soldier but the first one bored me a lot; on the other hand I agree with you that Amazing 2 is probably the best spidey movie yet =)

#4 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2913 posts) -

@Bardock47 said:

Winter Soldier hands down. Possibly my favorite Marvel movie.

this

The amazing spiderman 2 sucked balls.It was worse than spiderman 3 in every way.

#5 Edited by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

@Bardock47 said:

Winter Soldier hands down. Possibly my favorite Marvel movie.

this

The amazing spiderman 2 sucked balls.It was worse than spiderman 3 in every way.

lol i don't think so

#6 Posted by dave123321 (34202 posts) -

Will have to see Spider-Man stilllllllllllll

#7 Edited by AFBrat77 (24147 posts) -

I think a Poll would have Winter Soldier winning with over 90% in its favor.

#8 Edited by redstorm72 (4593 posts) -

I enjoyed both films, but the Winter Soldier is by far the better movie. For me, it ranks right up there with X-2 and the Avengers as being the top comic book movies. Spider Man 2 is one of the middle of the pack movies for me.

#9 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -

I haven't seen Amazing Spiderman 2 yet, but it sounds like the better comic book movie. As much as I love Captain America(he's my favorite good marvel hero), TWS could almost have been a sci fi Jason Bourne picture just as easily as a Captain America film.

#10 Edited by cdragon_88 (1218 posts) -

Winter solider will probably be the best superhero movie this year. That one hands down. To the guy who said part 1 bored him--yea it bored me too but Winter Soldier is a whole different game.

#11 Edited by Behardy24 (4753 posts) -

Heard that the Winter Solider is surprisingly real good from both fans and critics. That is your best bet.

#12 Posted by hippiesanta (9916 posts) -

I hate Avengers movie .... but Winter Soldier is good

#13 Posted by indzman (18953 posts) -

Crazy people will say The Amazing Spiderman 2 was better than Captain America =P

#14 Posted by EatShanna (875 posts) -

I didn't like TASM 1-2, there was nothing amazing about them except some of the CGI.

CA:TWS however, was a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be, and I felt the same way about First Avenger.

I was never a fan of Captain America until these movies, nor did I think highly of Chris Evans' acting skills, but his run as CA, and his performance in Puncture convinced me otherwise.

#15 Edited by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

@AFBrat77 said:

I think a Poll would have Winter Soldier winning with over 90% in its favor.

that's because people are tools

#16 Edited by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

Not being a fan of the Spiderman movies or having seen the most recent film, my vote goes to Captain America WS. I think after having watched that movie, it's definitely one of the best yet. I think it even surpassed The Avengers.

#17 Edited by airshocker (30387 posts) -

Captain, for sure.

#18 Posted by ferrari2001 (17078 posts) -

Captain was by far the superior film. Spidey was a fine action flick but it suffered from terrible writing, especially when it comes to characters.

#19 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

This is off topic, but I'm currently at the end of Pompeii and I've got to say that it's unexpectedly good. Wow. I'm impressed. I think it's, dare I say it, better than The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

#20 Posted by Jankarcop (9964 posts) -

TWS owns ASM2 by miles

#21 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

Not big on neither character but spiderman was clearly better movie

#22 Edited by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

@ferrari2001 said:

Captain was by far the superior film. Spidey was a fine action flick but it suffered from terrible writing, especially when it comes to characters.

idk. yeah, electro was bit cheesy. but everyone else did wonderfully i thought.

#23 Edited by DavesAlt (965 posts) -

What does the 247 mean

#24 Edited by AFBrat77 (24147 posts) -

@mrmusicman247 said:

@AFBrat77 said:

I think a Poll would have Winter Soldier winning with over 90% in its favor.

that's because people are tools

?

I think most would agree CA2 is definitely the better movie.

Here's my Poll for best Marvel movies btw:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/offtopic-discussion-314159273/which-of-these-marvel-movies-is-your-favorite-31207943/

1. Spider-Man 2 (NOT Amazing spiderman)

2. Captain America: Winter Soldier

3. Marvel's The Avengers

#25 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17606 posts) -

I feel confident in saying TWS without having actually seen AS2 yet.

TWS was quite a good movie that did a lot to push the Marvel movie universe forward. It probably has the most important post-credits scenes we have seen yet too which I thought was cool.

I feel like I would have enjoyed TWS even more had I not seen The Raid 2 JUST BEFORE (Saw Oculus, The Raid 2, then TWS in a movie marathon day at the theater) which The Raid 2 absolutely blew me away and is not only without a doubt my fav movie so far this year, but ranks way up there as one of the best action movies I have ever seen in my life.

Still can easily see Days of Future Past being the best superhero movie of the year, and we also have a MAJOR wild card with Gaurdians of the Galaxy later this year.

#26 Edited by ferrari2001 (17078 posts) -

@mrmusicman247 said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Captain was by far the superior film. Spidey was a fine action flick but it suffered from terrible writing, especially when it comes to characters.

idk. yeah, electro was bit cheesy. but everyone else did wonderfully i thought.

The acting was great but the whole character motivations and their growth throughout the film was poorly written. Electro had no discernible reason to hate spiderman. At least any reason that made any sense. And green goblin, more specifically Harry's relationship with his father then all the coincidental things that happened afterwards to get him to become the green goblin was also poorly done.

#27 Posted by uninspiredcup (9722 posts) -

I enjoyed Amazing Superman 2 more. Although it's not a great film at ll imo.

#28 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2658 posts) -

tasm 2 more because Winter Solider movie there was no bad guys. One guy in office and other is the guy who turns good at end... and who has no motives or story at all.

At leas in TASM 2 something was going on, but in Winter Solider, remove Winter Solider and movie would be 100% same.

MORE ACTION = NOT BETTER MOVIE(95% people voted Cap because of more action)

#29 Posted by finalstar2007 (25342 posts) -

I loved the amazing Spiderman 2 especially the action and the romance going between the two characters so Spiderman gets my vote but Captin America was also very good.

#30 Edited by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

@ferrari2001 said:

@mrmusicman247 said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Captain was by far the superior film. Spidey was a fine action flick but it suffered from terrible writing, especially when it comes to characters.

idk. yeah, electro was bit cheesy. but everyone else did wonderfully i thought.

The acting was great but the whole character motivations and their growth throughout the film was poorly written. Electro had no discernible reason to hate spiderman. At least any reason that made any sense. And green goblin, more specifically Harry's relationship with his father then all the coincidental things that happened afterwards to get him to become the green goblin was also poorly done.

it's safe to say electro was mentally stable in the first place, so that played into it a lot.

#31 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

tasm 2 more because Winter Solider movie there was no bad guys. One guy in office and other is the guy who turns good at end... and who has no motives or story at all.

At leas in TASM 2 something was going on, but in Winter Solider, remove Winter Solider and movie would be 100% same.

MORE ACTION = NOT BETTER MOVIE(95% people voted Cap because of more action)

that's where you're wrong. Spidey definitely had more action.

#32 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20047 posts) -

Captain America: The Winter Soldier was unexpectedly decent considering that it's a Marvel movie.

#33 Posted by dave123321 (34202 posts) -

Asking again, what does the 247 mean

#34 Posted by theone86 (20555 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

@Bardock47 said:

Winter Soldier hands down. Possibly my favorite Marvel movie.

this

The amazing spiderman 2 sucked balls.It was worse than spiderman 3 in every way.

I wouldn't say worse than SM3, but I was severely disappointed. Cap 2, on the other hand, might just be the best superhero movie ever. There shouldn't be any discussion on this matter.

#35 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2658 posts) -

@theone86 said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

@Bardock47 said:

Winter Soldier hands down. Possibly my favorite Marvel movie.

this

The amazing spiderman 2 sucked balls.It was worse than spiderman 3 in every way.

I wouldn't say worse than SM3, but I was severely disappointed. Cap 2, on the other hand, might just be the best superhero movie ever. There shouldn't be any discussion on this matter.

What makes Cap 2 best superhero movie ever when movie had no villains??? Explain your thing why best superhero movie ever? Movie was fully soulless, no heart and no point.

#36 Posted by AFBrat77 (24147 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@theone86 said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

@Bardock47 said:

Winter Soldier hands down. Possibly my favorite Marvel movie.

this

The amazing spiderman 2 sucked balls.It was worse than spiderman 3 in every way.

I wouldn't say worse than SM3, but I was severely disappointed. Cap 2, on the other hand, might just be the best superhero movie ever. There shouldn't be any discussion on this matter.

What makes Cap 2 best superhero movie ever when movie had no villains??? Explain your thing why best superhero movie ever? Movie was fully soulless, no heart and no point.

Hydra was the villain (with Winter soldier as well) and Batroc the Leaper early on.

Movie was fantastic, enjoyable by Marvel fans and action fans who knew nothing about the Marvel Universe. Bravo!

#37 Posted by Hiddai (6086 posts) -

Winter Soldier no doubt

#38 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2658 posts) -

@AFBrat77 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@theone86 said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

@Bardock47 said:

Winter Soldier hands down. Possibly my favorite Marvel movie.

this

The amazing spiderman 2 sucked balls.It was worse than spiderman 3 in every way.

I wouldn't say worse than SM3, but I was severely disappointed. Cap 2, on the other hand, might just be the best superhero movie ever. There shouldn't be any discussion on this matter.

What makes Cap 2 best superhero movie ever when movie had no villains??? Explain your thing why best superhero movie ever? Movie was fully soulless, no heart and no point.

Hydra was the villain (with Winter soldier as well) and Batroc the Leaper early on.

Movie was fantastic, enjoyable by Marvel fans and action fans who knew nothing about the Marvel Universe. Bravo!

Hydra is not human. Winter Solider was the good guy, he came from no where, just had few action scenes and then he walked away. Nothing was developed.

#39 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

because hydra isn't human they don't count as a villain?

#40 Posted by uninspiredcup (9722 posts) -

@ferrari2001 said:

Captain was by far the superior film. Spidey was a fine action flick but it suffered from terrible writing, especially when it comes to characters.

Eh, a movie can still be enjoyable even with outright bad or non existent writing. Many people such as myself adore Batman Returns but it's probably never going to win any writers guild awards.

#41 Posted by ferrari2001 (17078 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Captain was by far the superior film. Spidey was a fine action flick but it suffered from terrible writing, especially when it comes to characters.

Eh, a movie can still be enjoyable even with outright bad or non existent writing. Many people such as myself adore Batman Returns but it's probably never going to win any writers guild awards.

Oh Spiderman was totally enjoyable. It was a great entertainment but terrible from a critical perspective. I might buy the film simply because it was entertaining.

#42 Posted by dave123321 (34202 posts) -

So am going to say Winter Soldier by some leaps

#43 Posted by Bardock47 (5338 posts) -

Villains in Cap 2

  1. Winter Soldier
  2. Hydra
  3. Council guy that is revealed to be Hydra
  4. (soon to be) Crossbones

Also, LOL at SP3 better than ASM2.

#44 Edited by helwa1988 (2110 posts) -

Didn't see winter soldier. But saw amazing spiderman 2. All I have got to say about that movie is that amazing spidey 2 makes spiderman 3 not look so bad anymore. What was sony thinking ? I can't wait until sony's lease is ou and Spiderman goes back to marvel.

what was up with them killing off Norman before he even became the green goblin? Harry is not suppose to be the green goblin but the hob goblin.

crappy spiderman 2 doesn't even hold a candlelight to Spider-Man 2 with Toby.

#45 Edited by Reaper4278 (338 posts) -

Amazing Spider Man 2 was terrible, 80/20 percent soap opera/superhero action flick, respectively.

#46 Edited by Reaper4278 (338 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

I loved the amazing Spiderman 2 especially the action and the romance going between the two characters so Spiderman gets my vote but Captin America was also very good.

You must be a chick.

#47 Edited by General_X (9044 posts) -

I really enjoyed CA: The Winter Solider and the first 75% of Amazing Spiderman 2, the ending of the latter felt rushed and just poorly done overall.

#48 Edited by MrGeezer (56677 posts) -

@Bardock47 said:

Villains in Cap 2

  1. Winter Soldier
  2. Hydra
  3. Council guy that is revealed to be Hydra
  4. (soon to be) Crossbones

Also, LOL at SP3 better than ASM2.

To add to this...

1) I don't see how the lack of a good VILLAIN is a slam against the movie. There was certainly good CONFLICT in the movie, regardless of if there was a standard comic book bad guy.

2) And as you mentioned, there were villains.

3) Furthermore, the ambiguous nature of the villains was sort of the entire point. The point here is that the world has changed, that the obvious black-and-white distinction between good and evil from Cap's original time (as portrayed in the first movie) has been blurred. Before the bad guys were clearly identifiable and out in the open. Here they were working behind the scenes. Many of them even believed that they were doing what was right, or were just cogs in a machine, being manipulated towards some end goal. This directly ties into Nick Fury's trust issues. It's reflected in Falcon's words when he asks how to tell the good guys from the bad guys. The real "villain" here is far more abstract than the standard super-powered bad guy. The villain is a culture of fear, the technological ability to strike preemptively, and how those things can erode our values and cause us to become that which we have dedicated ourselves to fighting against. Not to say that the movie isn't without its flaws. Personally I think that the reemergence of Hydra was unnecessary and dilutes the point about how the world and its threats have changed. The same point could have been gotten across without basically making the bad guys Nazis. If anything, that just waters down the difference between Cap's new world and old world by basically saying, "yep, we say that the world has changed, but we're still gonna have him fight the same cartoon bad guys that he was fighting back in the 1940's." But for the most part, I think that it was handled in an appropriate and clever manner.

#49 Edited by Ballroompirate (23290 posts) -

Saw both, enjoyed TASM 2 a lot more than Cap 2.

#50 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

@reaper4278 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

I loved the amazing Spiderman 2 especially the action and the romance going between the two characters so Spiderman gets my vote but Captin America was also very good.

You must be a chick.

and you must be 12