The Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

I could deal with emotional, but like most of the TV version characters, theymade her make stupid, nonsensical, infuriating decisions.At least everyone in their new season 3 forms (except Carl) has regained some common sense.Sajo7
Yes, yes, and yes. Its so frustrating to see.

What's the deal with the samurai chick? Does she do anything other than look angry and suspicious all the time? They haven't begun to develop her character at all. MirkoS77
It'll take a little bit of time. She has trust issues and it will take awhile for her to open up. Key thing though is that when it comes to survival, she is highly dependable.

#252 Posted by Sajo7 (14049 posts) -
What's the deal with the samurai chick? Does she do anything other than look angry and suspicious all the time? They haven't begun to develop her character at all. MirkoS77
She develops slowly, and that is part of the point. She isn't just mysterious for mystery's sake.
#253 Posted by Jing16 (14363 posts) -
Just read an early review of the next episode :/ if the spoilers are right then its gonna be a huge game changer, bigger that season 2 finale was.
#254 Posted by Alter_Echo (10722 posts) -

Just read an early review of the next episode :/ if the spoilers are right then its gonna be a huge game changer, bigger that season 2 finale was.Jing16

Im calling it. Zombie baby and they both die or baby is fine but Lori dies/becomes zombie/has to be put down by her husband.

#255 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

So while we're on the subject on zombie babies, I think it was a close call for Lori when she didn't go ahead with aborting her baby since I think the baby would have turned and ate her from the inside out.

Or how would an aborted zombie baby work anyways? :?

#257 Posted by Alter_Echo (10722 posts) -

So while we're on the subject on zombie babies, I think it was a close call for Lori when she didn't go ahead with aborting her baby since I think the baby would have turned and ate her from the inside out.

Or how would an aborted zombie baby work anyways? :?

leviathan91

I didn't even think about that :shock:. Would have been pretty sick though. They mentioned how the baby wasn't moving but Im going to assume that it's fine since it would have already turned presumably it if was dead.

Another possibility is that the baby is stillborn BUT is delivered unchanged ( not a zombie ) which would prove that something genetically makes newborns not infected OR that their DNA would contain something that could be used for a cure.

#258 Posted by Sajo7 (14049 posts) -
Just read an early review of the next episode :/ if the spoilers are right then its gonna be a huge game changer, bigger that season 2 finale was.Jing16
The whole prison arc in the comics has a pretty big upheaval, so this season I've just been waiting for the "everything goes wrong" episode.
#259 Posted by mccoyca112 (5433 posts) -

I don't see how the baby is going to be zombified. What's it going to do, gum her to death? haha, I can't imagine it scratching either.

Plus, and I could be way off, but I have a feeling that newborns are clean & without the disease. I haven't read that far into the comics to see anything say otherwise though so I'm just taking a guess. Being that the tv is going to inevitably catch up and branch off completely from the comics, I have a feeling that will be the "cure". Afterall, the show has got to end some time.

#260 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9481 posts) -
Then it'll be awesome :P You have me stoked now >:F
#261 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

Well that was...something :(

#262 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
Fawk man... They killed the black guy.
#263 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17761 posts) -

Well that was...something :(

PhazonBlazer

Yeah, it was a about 30 minutes of commercials mixed in with 30 minutes of show....

#264 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
great EP. carol won't be beating his mother up when he gets older...
#265 Posted by mccoyca112 (5433 posts) -

Damnit....I'm never reading comments on youtube or facebook again. I was spoiled about the entire episode, and I was soo hoping it to be wrong. Still, watching it in motion... I'm antsy from it being so intense.

& while killing off lori will make the whiners happy, T-dog? Depressing. I liked him.

#266 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
Well. Some of that acting was pretty bad. Rick at the end. I mean come on.
#267 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5503 posts) -
Well. Some of that acting was pretty bad. Rick at the end. I mean come on. Swanogt19
Rick's acting was pretty bad...I almost wanted to laugh at him.
#268 Posted by fueled-system (6340 posts) -

Loved the episode except for t dog's death which kinda made no sense and might be a decision the producer regrets but all in all I enjoyed it

I love how everyone seems happy about Lori's death

#269 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
[QUOTE="Swanogt19"]Well. Some of that acting was pretty bad. Rick at the end. I mean come on. TheWalkingGhost
Rick's acting was pretty bad...I almost wanted to laugh at him.

Maggie was believable. Rick, not one bit.
#270 Posted by SonyNintendoFan (527 posts) -
Well. Some of that acting was pretty bad. Rick at the end. I mean come on. Swanogt19
Actually that was good acting. People are unpredictable with sudden losses, and handle it with different intensities. Btw, did carol die?
#271 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

[QUOTE="Swanogt19"]Well. Some of that acting was pretty bad. Rick at the end. I mean come on. SonyNintendoFan
Actually that was good acting. People are unpredictable with sudden losses, and handle it with different intensities. Btw, did carol die?

Yeah, I think they showed her body being eaten by walkers.

#272 Posted by mccoyca112 (5433 posts) -

[QUOTE="Swanogt19"]Well. Some of that acting was pretty bad. Rick at the end. I mean come on. SonyNintendoFan

Just a guess. Most likely no. The cast is getting small as it is. Plus there is some (perhaps a small amount) good character build up with carol now. Feeling responsible, useless, not being there for lori, scared on her own, etc. It'll make for some character interaction with her and daryl.

I thought Ricks acting was fine as well. Not great, but believable. Looking back, I've been in situations myself that defy my normal personality, most notably, the loss of my father in high school.

#273 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -

And yet Rick looked like a fool that was trying way too hard.
#274 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

Well, I feel smart after my earlier prediction. Did not see this many deaths in one episode though. Turns out that prisoner who Rick left for the zombies did survive, and it looks like the other two prisoners will be joining the main group. I'm not so sure about what happened to Carol. And man that scene with Lori, I don't know how after seeing that Carl isn't going to change...

#275 Posted by LZ71 (10340 posts) -
This episode (and season I guess in general) has restored my faith a little bit that this can become a decent show. Though [spoiler] Lori's acting in her last scene [/spoiler] had me laughing at how bad it was.
#276 Posted by Cheleman (7865 posts) -

i'm starting to like carl this season.

#277 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

So did Carol die or not? I really thought I saw her being eaten by walkers.

#278 Posted by Cheleman (7865 posts) -

PhazonBlazer

wasn't that tdog?

#279 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -

PhazonBlazer
We don't know.
#280 Posted by awesomeface (3661 posts) -
I didn't see Carol get eaten, and I thought that body that Rick found was T-Dog, but now that I think of it wasn't that thing that Darryl found by the body Carol's?
#281 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
I didn't see Carol get eaten, and I thought that body that Rick found was T-Dog, but now that I think of it wasn't that thing that Darryl found by the body Carol's?awesomeface
Yes. It probably fell off when she ran away.
#282 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

I didn't see Carol get eaten, and I thought that body that Rick found was T-Dog, but now that I think of it wasn't that thing that Darryl found by the body Carol's?awesomeface

I thought I saw a body that was in the same spot T-dog was at, but it couldn't be cause she ran away. So I'm guessing she might still be alive.

#283 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

T-Dog NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CharactersTWDS3-T-Dog.jpg

Good night sweet prince. :cry::cry::cry:

Sorry I've been drinking during the entire episode, surprised they just forgot about Carol.

#284 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Pretty good episode. Looking forward to the next one. I've given up on Andrea ever matching the comic books.

#285 Posted by mccoyca112 (5433 posts) -

Sorry I've been drinking during the entire episode, surprised they just forgot about Carol.

leviathan91

I'm watching talking dead right now, and it's borderline gut wrenching to see his last moments.

#286 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

mccoyca112

I'm watching talking dead right now, and it's borderline gut wrenching to see his last moments.

At least he went out like a champ. Everyone else died like a pu$$y.

#287 Posted by mccoyca112 (5433 posts) -

[QUOTE="mccoyca112"]

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

leviathan91

Most definitely. The only one that went out like a boss besides t-dog thus far imo was shane, considering he didn't see it coming...I still wish they took Bernthal's idea for his send off.

#288 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17761 posts) -

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

[QUOTE="mccoyca112"]

mccoyca112

Most definitely. The only one that went out like a boss besides t-dog thus far imo was shane, considering he didn't see it coming...I still wish they took Bernthal's idea for his send off.

What was his idea?

#289 Posted by JJ_Productions (1064 posts) -
When T dogg got bit, I had to fight to hold back my tears due to my mother sitting beside me watching the show. I have never been so crushed at a characters death in any tv show or movie. T Dogg was the most humble, put in the most work, and was without a doubt loyal and never had any ill will toward the group. T dogg...
#290 Posted by LZ71 (10340 posts) -
I had a bad feeling about T-Dogg when he dissented from the group's opinion at the beginning of the episode. Reminded me of when [spoiler] Dale died [/spoiler] , how he was the only one who stood up for the person the rest of the group wanted out too.
#291 Posted by mccoyca112 (5433 posts) -

[QUOTE="mccoyca112"]

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

LostProphetFLCL

What was his idea?

Basically, he sets rick up to kill him, here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AklVWlwzOLs&feature=related

The only problem I saw with that is a person like rick, a cop, would know what a gun feel like when it's loaded. But for drama sake, it could have been awesome.

#292 Posted by -Tish- (3621 posts) -
My god that episode was crazy. Now all Rick has is Carl and Shane's baby.
#293 Posted by gago-gago (9864 posts) -
Carl reminded me of the boy that grew up in Red Dead Redemption. :P. How many episodes are left?! To me every episode is better than the next. Can't wait next week.
#294 Posted by Alter_Echo (10722 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jing16"]Just read an early review of the next episode :/ if the spoilers are right then its gonna be a huge game changer, bigger that season 2 finale was.Alter_Echo

Im calling it. Zombie baby and they both die or baby is fine but Lori dies/becomes zombie/has to be put down.

Just saying...

#295 Posted by Orpheus88 (34 posts) -

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

[QUOTE="mccoyca112"]

mccoyca112

What was his idea?

Basically, he sets rick up to kill him, here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AklVWlwzOLs&feature=related

The only problem I saw with that is a person like rick, a cop, would know what a gun feel like when it's loaded. But for drama sake, it could have been awesome.

Holy **** this ending is way better. Though i still wonder whats the point in getting rick out so he can "kill him" what was he expecting?

#296 Posted by Orpheus88 (34 posts) -
Carl reminded me of the boy that grew up in Red Dead Redemption. :P. How many episodes are left?! To me every episode is better than the next. Can't wait next week.gago-gago
I think it's about 16 episodes. So that leaves 12 episodes to go.
#297 Posted by harry_james_pot (11192 posts) -
I was like, hey look! T-Dog finally got some lines! :D And then moments later, BAM! :(
#298 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9481 posts) -
My god that episode was crazy. Now all Rick has is Carl and Shane's baby. -Tish-
Shane's? Since when is it confirmed to be his? :s Anyway, am I really the only one who was upset at Lori's death?
#299 Posted by Alter_Echo (10722 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Tish-"]My god that episode was crazy. Now all Rick has is Carl and Shane's baby. ShadowsDemon
Shane's? Since when is it confirmed to be his? :s Anyway, am I really the only one who was upset at Lori's death?

I think it makes Rick a much more interesting character now. I didn't really like her anyway and outside of the shane situation ( which was going nowhere with him dead ) she never really added anything to the show for me.

#300 Posted by lonewolf604 (8547 posts) -
We can't overlook the fact that Carol was practicing c-section. I predict she'll somehow find Lori and stitch her up (maybe Carl didn't really shoot her?) I don't know....it just caught me off guard. Everybody hates Lori but I never hated her as much as everyone else does.