The Walking Dead S4 Discussion (SPOILERS)

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

The Gov don't even need no weapons to take on 3 zombies at once.

Pretty slow episode overall though, but I enjoyed it because I like the Governor.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

It was a better episode than I had expected. Seems like the governor found a kinda good side in him again. Though I'm not so sure it's gonna last - I doubt he's abandoned his plan for revenge against Michone.

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103 HuggyBear1020
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

Crossing my fingers hoping we get to see him drive a tank through the prison fences as a nod to the comics.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#104 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Pretty good episode, it didn't really fit with what we know of the Governor from Season 3, but I can't see him staying this way for long.

We have just two episodes of this first half of the season, so I'm gonna make my predictions for the rest of it.

(Ep.7)

• Governor tries to fit with Martinez's group.
  • Governor tries to persuade him to attack the prison again.
  • Governor kills Martinez in an attempt to take over his group, but will fail.
  • Governor will find his Tank.

(Ep.8)

• Governor will question himself over attacking the prison.
  • Governor and the girls will get attacked by Walkers.
  • Governor will lure the Walkers away with the Tank.
  • Governor will use Merle's tactic and lure Walkers to the prison with the Tank.
  • Governor will break down the fences with the Tank and let the Walkers in.
  • Once Rick's group is out, he'll clear out the Walkers and try to make it safe then bring the Girls to live there.

I also assume there will likely be more deaths in these two (mainly Ep.8), but not sure who I think will go.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

I'm surprised by the comments on last week's episode. Normally I would see OT complain how slow this episode was and how there was a lack of zombie killings. :?

It's a good episode, and I guess it was necessary to explain what the Governor is doing now that he's no longer "the Governor."

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 HuggyBear1020

I think what would be totally mind-blowing is to see some sort of alliance form between Rick and the governor, like maybe a common enemy that threatens both groups. When David Morrissey was on Talking Dead he even hinted at the possibility of some type of alliance forming, citing how nations that were one time enemies have come together for common goals.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Trail_Mix

Great episode. So far my favorite this season.

Too bad Martinez died though. Would have liked to see more of him.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@Trail_Mix said:

Great episode. So far my favorite this season.

Too bad Martinez died though. Would have liked to see more of him.

Internment>>>>>>>>tonights episodes

IDK, I am not terribly crazy about either of these two governor-focused episodes, even if I do like the Governor character. I AM ready to see shit hit the fan next week. I predict the survivors will leave the prison next week.

I am really interested to see if a 3rd party is going to get involved in next weeks battle. That one camp was so mysteriously wiped out and I feel it might have been by some 3rd party we haven't been introduced to yet. I also think Carol might make a return next episode, if not then when they inevitably make it to that military camp I bet she will be there.

BTW, anyone here watch Talking Dead? I noticed that during the preview, the governor says "it won't be long until they realize their people are missing" and he is very obviously referring to the main group, so I really wonder who is going to be captured/killed there. I noticed that they have Maggie's actress on Talking Dead next week along with a MYSTERY CAST MEMBER so let the speculation begin!

RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#109 RatedSTARZ
Member since 2013 • 400 Posts

This upcoming mid season finale looks freakin' awesome :D

gamah_killah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 gamah_killah
Member since 2006 • 13020 Posts

such governor

much evil

wow

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

@huggybear1020 said:

Crossing my fingers hoping we get to see him drive a tank through the prison fences as a nod to the comics.

I jumped with joy when they showed the tank and the guy mentioned being a tank operator on last night's episode. I knew shit was finally going down at the prison. And judging by the preview for next episode it'll happen fairly soon.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#112 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i liked the episode, but i like the governor storyline more when they were trying to humanize him. he's now just the same person he was right before he lost his eye. if anything, he might be worse. now he says he's just "surviving" whereas before he was holding on to some ideal of curing the outbreak and saving humanity. it seems like the show is shifting focus back to rick's group just in time. any longer and the governor would have gotten too much screen time.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

It's season 3 all over again with the Governor convincing a bunch of unsuspecting people to fight for his cause.

Hopefully now they'll actually wrap things up for good.

If that mid-season finale is anything like the season 3 finale I will rage.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 LostProphetFLCL

@Shottayouth13- said:

It's season 3 all over again with the Governor convincing a bunch of unsuspecting people to fight for his cause.

Hopefully now they'll actually wrap things up for good.

If that mid-season finale is anything like the season 3 finale I will rage.

Good thing it didnt!

Wow, that finale was AWESOME! Easily one of the best this series has seen so far!

Really loved the way it started out with a left-turn, built up tension, then absolutely EXPLODED in awesomeness!

Twas a great way to end the season and put actual closure on the prison/Governor saga.

Also, those kids shooting Alison I think her name was in the head was fucking AWESOME!

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

My thoughts on tonights episode:

Holy Shit!

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Wasn't a bad episode but I think fans are too reliant on the zombie busting through doors and head shot galore that is all the rage today instead of what the show and comic is actually about. Which is basic human survival. Robert put it in each issue of the comics I believe, or at least the ones that I have which state the zombies are just eye candy, the real story is what a man would do for his family and how far a human being can push themselves.

suz437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#117  Edited By suz437
Member since 2005 • 1053 Posts

Such an intense episode.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Shottayouth13-

The governor is dead and they're out of that prison. I am happy.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Shottayouth13-

@-paranorman- said:

Wasn't a bad episode but I think fans are too reliant on the zombie busting through doors and head shot galore that is all the rage today instead of what the show and comic is actually about. Which is basic human survival. Robert put it in each issue of the comics I believe, or at least the ones that I have which state the zombies are just eye candy, the real story is what a man would do for his family and how far a human being can push themselves.

Yeah, most people don't get that and complain that the show is a soap opera. But TWD was never really about the zombies, it was always about the people.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

alright my in depth thoughts and such on the episode.

i felt for the most part, it was alot of filler, talking and such. for a mid season finale, i expected a bit more. but overall i thought it was great.

was sad to see hershel go. even though, moments before he died, i found myself thinking, "hes gonna kill hershel" it was still shocking to see.

im actually surprised Rick made it behind the bus. i mean he should have been shot way before he even got close to the bus.

i am dissapointed in Kirk Acevedo. he was a major jackass in this show. was glad to see him die.

Fucking Darryl still being a badass. loved that shit. though i dont think that one zombie would have absorbed as much bullets as it did when he used it as a shield. Still was great to see him take out the tank with a grenade then, finish off Kirk(cant remember his name in the show) with his crossbow.

I thought Tyreese was a done for. until out of nowhere one of the governors people gets shot. then it shows that its just little girls.(i forget that ones name) she didnt even hesitate to headshot that one lesbian girl. i was like "Holy Fucking Shit"

then when Rick attacked the governor, i thought the others would turn around ahd just shoot rick. was surprised that didnt happen.

then to see Rick about to die, i honestly thought for a second that he was gonna die. began thinking of how the show would go on. Maybe darryl taking charge of the group. Then to see that sword pierce the governor, i lierally cheered. Fucking Michonne. the amount of restraint she showed was amazing. instead of making sure he was dead, she just left him be.

then the mother(forget her name) killing the Governor. was nice.

Then Carl appearing out of nowhere and rejoining with his father, was nice.

I think the girls got Judith to safety.

Cant fucking wait til February.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

Never seen a fanbase complain so much about everything... Don't get why people expect a Michal Bay film every single episode in a drama.

Great episode.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 -ParaNormaN-

@fueled-system: Ahem... Star Wars. :P

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Great episode and quite eventful.

I had realized the governor would kill Hershel but seeing it was so intense considering he was maybe the nicest of them all. I also hope Judith didn't die - that would be too hard on Rick and Carl. Seeing though as she was nowhere to be found I believe someone eventually saved her. And like this, a small group of survivors is out on the road again and I'm quite happy with this. Was growing tired of the prison environment.

February seems so far away. :(

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 LoG-Sacrament

i knew hershel was a goner (he represented peace in a situation where peace just wasn't going to happen), but it was sad to see him go and nice to see rick step up. so much of the story is about whether carl can be the man rick is, but we often forget that rick is eventually going to have to be the man hershel was. younger people will have to eventually be the warriors.

as somebody who hasn't read the comics, i was surprised to see the governor die. he's been the antagonist for so long and this really changes the direction of the show. it mostly goes to show what a bullshit distinction there is between season finale and midseason finale. these are two separate seasons. anyway, i hope the group splitting up everywhere doesn't mean they'll retread the same material of needing to find community structure they've done before.

also, i hope somebody runs into carol.

GoogleAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By GoogleAndroid
Member since 2013 • 162 Posts

It was nice that the story with The Governor ended, and in a very satisfying way. I'm also glad they're finally leaving the prison. It's sad that Hershel died, I'll miss him. And I hope Judith is alive. I think she is on the bus, but we won't know until February. Overall, a good mid-season finale.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By -ParaNormaN-

Since it's the mid season finale, what if Lilly didn't kill the Governor but shot the floor close to his head, then the Gov looks up and says "I like it kinky" and they get it on? I think we'll be seeing a lot more Governor this season. Mmmhmm!

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 LostProphetFLCL

@-paranorman- said:

Since it's the mid season finale, what if Lilly didn't kill the Governor but shot the floor close to his head, then the Gov looks up and says "I like it kinky" and they get it on? I think we'll be seeing a lot more Governor this season. Mmmhmm!

Anyways, anyone else absolutely LOVING this season so far? It actually might be my fav season yet! If the second half keeps up this level of greatness I will be very, very happy.

I am worried as it seems that the mid-season finales have been much better than the season finales so far. With how awesome this mid-season finale was (it might be my fav episode of the entire series) it will be VERY hard to top the fall of the prison.

BTW, I just re-watched the episode and I have realized, they never show what happens to Tara (I think that's her name. The lesbian girl who didn't get shot by children) and with Lilly being alive as well I wonder if they will stay as characters on the show, perhaps joining up with the rest of the survivors.

Damn February seems so far away...

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 LoG-Sacrament

@LostProphetFLCL: yeah, i think the show is continuing to improve. the first season was really uneven, with some really powerful moments (that pilot) and too many stinkers (episodes built around slaying zombies rather than developing characters and others that build up to deaths of characters we don't know). the second season got a little steadier but still meandered too long around the rick/shane conflict (i stopped watching for a bit here). the third season is where i think the writers found their stride, eliminated some of the crappier characters (replacing them with better ones too), and added just a tiny bit of much needed hope via the prison. with the 4th season, it seems like they have a healthy supply of well developed characters and some good situations to put them in.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By LostProphetFLCL

@LoG-Sacrament: Yeah I felt the first season was just way too boring and the only episode out of that entire season I really liked was the pilot. Going back and watching those early episodes I am shocked that I still decided to keep up with the show, granted I am, happy with how good it has gotten.

I actually really liked the Rick/Shane conflict and one of my fav moments of the entire show is still when Rick kills Shane. I DO think that the show really started to pick up with the mid-season finale in season 2. That barn opening scene was just so damn good. I really like how Shane and Ricks conflicting views collided there and Sophia walking out of the barn was just a huge jaw-dropper.

I definitely noticed that with season 3 they started to fix the character situation. They killed off the crappy characters like Lori and Andrea and went and made Carl actually start to develop to become a likeable character. Season 4 made Carol interesting before booting her out anyways....

The new characters have been very welcomed with the only one I don't really care for being Tyreese. Man is just dumb and bull-headed IMO and he irritates me....

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 -ParaNormaN-

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@-paranorman- said:

Anyways, anyone else absolutely LOVING this season so far? It actually might be my fav season yet! If the second half keeps up this level of greatness I will be very, very happy.

I am worried as it seems that the mid-season finales have been much better than the season finales so far. With how awesome this mid-season finale was (it might be my fav episode of the entire series) it will be VERY hard to top the fall of the prison.

BTW, I just re-watched the episode and I have realized, they never show what happens to Tara (I think that's her name. The lesbian girl who didn't get shot by children) and with Lilly being alive as well I wonder if they will stay as characters on the show, perhaps joining up with the rest of the survivors.

Damn February seems so far away...

You know you liked my ending way better than the episodes ending.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#131 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts

Easily one of the best episodes of the series so far. They got everything right.
I personally found Hershel's death rather peaceful, though still sad to see him go.
What I found more sad was Rick realising he lost Judith.

Sun-Tzu-GE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#132 Sun-Tzu-GE
Member since 2013 • 99 Posts

I'm really glad they finally moved out of that prison because things were getting too safe in there and people weren't even worried about the zombies anymore.I want to see them fearing for their life haha !!!

I think that Judith is most likely alive and it will be really interesting to see how they manage to survive on the road with a baby.I think things will start to get really interesting from here.

Now the hardest part is having to wait until February :(

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Trail_Mix

I'm not gonna lie, I was honestly more upset when the Governor died rather than Hershel...

As I've already stated, I liked the Governor.

Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

Why leave the prison?

It wasn't completely destroyed. If anything, most of it was still intact. All the bad guys died. Yes, its overrun with zombies now, but they could clear them out and re-build (they kinda did that when they found the prison).

Inevitably, the show is moving in a different direction with all the characters now separated and into the wilderness, but he smart thing to do would be to re-group, come up with a plan for killing all the zombies and re-building that prison. Its a much safer and better idea than trying to find someplace else to live again. Kinda dumb to just leave.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 LoG-Sacrament

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@LoG-Sacrament:

Yeah I felt the first season was just way too boring and the only episode out of that entire season I really liked was the pilot. Going back and watching those early episodes I am shocked that I still decided to keep up with the show, granted I am, happy with how good it has gotten.

I actually really liked the Rick/Shane conflict and one of my fav moments of the entire show is still when Rick kills Shane. I DO think that the show really started to pick up with the mid-season finale in season 2. That barn opening scene was just so damn good. I really like how Shane and Ricks conflicting views collided there and Sophia walking out of the barn was just a huge jaw-dropper.

I definitely noticed that with season 3 they started to fix the character situation. They killed off the crappy characters like Lori and Andrea and went and made Carl actually start to develop to become a likeable character. Season 4 made Carol interesting before booting her out anyways....

The new characters have been very welcomed with the only one I don't really care for being Tyreese. Man is just dumb and bull-headed IMO and he irritates me....

i liked the conflict between rick and shane. that conflict between simply surviving and actually living (while not depicting the the survivalist as a twirly mustached villain) was great and all. it's just that they focused on it for SO LONG and there was so little going on elsewhere. like the other characters were so underdeveloped that the lone conflict drew a line in the sand and made everybody either a survivalist or a communicator.

for me, t-dog dieing was a good move to cut away the slack. i know i missed a few episodes in the first half of season 2 where he could have potentially been developed a little bit, but he seemed like the epitome of the token black guy. he went along with everybody and i never felt like i knew much of anything about him. before he saved carol, he shouted something religious (i forget what exactly) and all i could think was "oh, he's religious?" then he got eaten :P

i actually like tyreese as a character because he feels like an individual. he's generally a good guy and he wants to help, but he doesn't mindlessly go along with everything the group says. assuming he survives for a little while, i don't think he's going to be much of a hothead once this girlfriend thing is settled. he had been in a bunker for so long that this is really the first personal tragedy he's faced. before that, he had been humble and even keeled.

i just like that now the characters that are dieing/leaving are well developed so it actually means something.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#136 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Best episode I've seen through this season of Season 4, shame we have to wait til Feb 2014 for the other half of the series. I don't think it'll be the same with The Governor gone he was my favourite character

Lockoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Lockoss
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

benleslie5, I agree with your opinion, The Govenor was my favourite character too.

It's a good episode, probably the better of the season 4. I'm a little disappointed with the duel between the two camps, too short...

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

Easily the best episode of the season. The Governor was the best character this season. Martinez was a semi-nice guy and the Gov takes him out pretty brutally. The Gov didn't seem to be able to let go, even though he did try. I think they handled his death really well, with him and Rick fighting and Michonne stabbing him in the back, then the lady finishing him off.

I think the people in the other camp were a little too hasty, they were offered a spot and didn't seem to want to share. I understand the governor but the others should have turned on him.

Oh and the blonde girl that headshotted that lez chick was just awesome. Seriously jumped up a huge point in my book.

Still don't know who the psycho is, thinking its Bob. He seems the only one that is capable of that. I think they are going to set him up with Sascha.

Hershel dieing was sad, but I knew he'd die if anyone was going to. Great character, dunno why the Governor HAD to chop off his head though.

Daryl was badass as usual, grenade in the tank was so cool.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 LoG-Sacrament

@bobaban said:

Hershel dieing was sad, but I knew he'd die if anyone was going to. Great character, dunno why the Governor HAD to chop off his head though.

walker hershel would have been unstoppable. it was a prudent decision :P

willtsherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By willtsherman
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts

Am I the only one who thinks Michonne has absolutely no personality? And rick's speech, "We can all live together. I know we can all change." was so cheesy. Obviously this show is fiction but how does a larger force with a tank lose to a much smaller group. There's no suspense when you know that Daryl and Rick wont die. The whole prison group is basically flat. Rick- Nice guy leader, Michonne - mad at governor, Herschel - nice old man, Daryl - super strong fighter, Glenn and Maggie - stereotypical couple, beth - girl, tyrese- sad about his girlfriend. Try the Plinkett Phantom Menace challenge, describe the following walking dead character without saying what they look like, what kind of costume they wore, or what their profession or role was in the movie. The most i could think of that would be decent would be the governor.

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 HuggyBear1020

A few random thoughts about the midseason finale

1. I kind of expected Herschel's death, he got a lot of screen time and character development this season and I don't think there's much more they could do with him.

2. @willtsherman Michonne is quiet and reserved, that's her personality. There's an air of mystery around her past that the show is only revealing slowly, like who the two zombie pets were that she had, and there seemed to be some hint that she may have had a child.

3. Lizzy headshotting the lezbo was sick! Not sure if she's completely psychotic or mini-badass, but she's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters.

4. I'm 90% positive Judith is still alive. As we've learned on this show many times before, if you don't see someone die, it didn't happen. I'm thinking Tyrese picked her up when he ran off with Lizzy and her sister.

5. I bet everyone was losing their shit when it looked like Daryl was about to get bitten by a walker. Using the walker as a gears-of-war-style meatshield was my favorite moment in the episode. I think it's safe to say that he's pretty much become unkillable as a character thanks to a very vocal fanbase.

And here are couple of predictions for the second half of the season

1. Tyrese and Lizzy (and Judith) will meet up with Carol. Tyrese will continue to remain clueless that Carol killed Karen, and he will even develop a close bond with Carol (possibly even a romantic bond) which will make things all the more complicated when he learns the truth.

2. The group will meet up with Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene and will travel to DC.

willtsherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 willtsherman
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts

Quiet and reserved were the only adjectives to describe her. Nothing came about of her most likely boyfriend zombie pets. She contributes nothing from the story besides the action scenes. The only time she showed a bit of emotion was holding Judith and even that come out of nowhere never to be further explored. And seriously, try that challenge for each of Rick's group, you can't

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

@huggybear1020 said:

And here are couple of predictions for the second half of the season

1. Tyrese and Lizzy (and Judith) will meet up with Carol. Tyrese will continue to remain clueless that Carol killed Karen, and he will even develop a close bond with Carol (possibly even a romantic bond) which will make things all the more complicated when he learns the truth.

2. The group will meet up with Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene and will travel to DC.

1. I agree with this, except maybe the romantic part.
  2. Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene have been cast. They will show up indeed.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 LoG-Sacrament

@willtsherman said:

Quiet and reserved were the only adjectives to describe her. Nothing came about of her most likely boyfriend zombie pets. She contributes nothing from the story besides the action scenes. The only time she showed a bit of emotion was holding Judith and even that come out of nowhere never to be further explored. And seriously, try that challenge for each of Rick's group, you can't

i like michonne because she keeps the show grounded in what it is. a lot of the praise you hear for zombie movies comes down to "it's, like, a metaphor for life, man." that's true to an extent, but it's also it's own fantasy. michonne makes sure the story doesn't move away from the inherent weirdness of the situation because she has adapted perfectly to survival in the zombie apocalypse. she never runs out of ammo, she has harmless pets to help go unseen by zombies, she can readily cut social ties that bind her, and she is willing to neutralize all potential threats. she's like the shark of the zombie apocalypse.

at the same time, she doesn't break the themes of the show while she's in the group. the katana is an obvious nod to samurai and there are other references to knights like when she rides through the medieval battlements of the prison on horseback. both samurai and knight stories share similar places in their respective cultures to the american western (which gets plenty of attention from rick when he dons his sheriff hat) in that they are all about establishing civilization. in the group, michonne takes on the role of the warrior class that is necessary for protecting communities.

michonne isn't the deepest character on television, but she brings more to the series than action.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#146 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Holy shit, now that is how you do a mid series finale. It was incredible, but there where a few things that I want to bring up.

1) Why did no one try to tell The Governor's group about what he was really like? Rick should have told them what he did to Andrea, what he did to Michonne, what he did to Glen and Maggie, what he did to Merle, what he did to his own people after his last attempt to take the prison.

2) Why did no one question The Governor after he butchered Hershel? Rick was consistently talking peace and cooperation between the two groups, living together so both sides could survive, a vast contrast to how The Governor tried to depict him. After that and then for him to just say no and kill Hershel, surely they should have sensed that The Governor was not doing this because he wanted the Prison so he could keep them safe, he wanted them dead at any cost (I'm convinced he'd have gunned them down even if they did leave the Prison).

3) Why where they so willing to break down the fences? The Prison without fences is not safe, they where under the impression that this was to be there new home, a place they could be safe, but they where willing to destroy the one thing that actually made it safe to get it, seems to me The Governors new group where perhaps the biggest idiots we've ever seen on The Walking Dead.

Onto something different now, my predictions for the second half of the season.

4) Is Judith alive? My theory, yes, she is, she was with the 4 kids when the fighting started, and only two of them showed up at the end to save Tyreese, so she could be with the other two, who we didn't see, and with all the fighting going on the blood could have been anyones. TBH though, I do think they could go either way with this, but I think a storyline with them trying to protect Judith while on the road, and dealing with the everyday problems a young baby causes, will make for a much more interesting story than Rick going emo again like he did in Season 3.

5) Where is everyone? This split up is really interesting, and I think they'll keep them split for a while.

Glen is with the Woodbury survivors on the bus and while I don't think we'll see too much of them, I think he'll be trying to go find Maggie, but also take charge of his group.

Rick and Carl will be on there own for most of the remaining season I think. Rick will be wanting to find the others in case they have Judith, but Carl will be trying to save him because he's in bad shape, and he'll have to try and step up and take charge which might cause a rift between the two once more.

Maggie, Sasha and Bob will be an interesting group, I can see them been torn, with Maggie wanting to find both Glen and Beth, and Sasha wanting to find Tyreese, which'll cause conflict, I can also see Sasha and Bob getting together.

Tyreese is a strange one, he's kind of a loose cannon so having him been the one with the kids is kind of a surprising twist, I also think they'll run into Carol at some point.

Daryl and Beth will be another interesting one, of all the people to be with, Beth certainly lucked out, Daryl is the best survivor, so as long as she does everything he tells her, she'll be fine.

Finally, Michonne , I think she has Judith, she showed earlier in the season that she has maternal instincts and seemed to bond with her, and she certainly wouldn't leave her for dead (well none of them would), and with her been the only one we didn't see group up with others, or even try to leave the prison it makes sense that she took her (anyone else taking her would have been shown and they wouldn't have gotten there "come back in Feb to find out" material).

Also, seeing as we didn't see Lilly or Tara die, I think they'll possibly show up again in the next half, they are also my second choice for who I think might have taken Judith.

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By HuggyBear1020

@willtsherman said:

Yes, she got emotional as in it hinted that she might have had a kid of her own, and she keeps things close to the vest because she is one of the strongest members of the group that people depend on and she doesn't want to appear weak.

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 HuggyBear1020
@spike6958 said:

Holy shit, now that is how you do a mid series finale. It was incredible, but there where a few things that I want to bring up.

1) Why did no one try to tell The Governor's group about what he was really like? Rick should have told them what he did to Andrea, what he did to Michonne, what he did to Glen and Maggie, what he did to Merle, what he did to his own people after his last attempt to take the prison.

2) Why did no one question The Governor after he butchered Hershel? Rick was consistently talking peace and cooperation between the two groups, living together so both sides could survive, a vast contrast to how The Governor tried to depict him. After that and then for him to just say no and kill Hershel, surely they should have sensed that The Governor was not doing this because he wanted the Prison so he could keep them safe, he wanted them dead at any cost (I'm convinced he'd have gunned them down even if they did leave the Prison).

3) Why where they so willing to break down the fences? The Prison without fences is not safe, they where under the impression that this was to be there new home, a place they could be safe, but they where willing to destroy the one thing that actually made it safe to get it, seems to me The Governors new group where perhaps the biggest idiots we've ever seen on The Walking Dead.

Finally, Michonne , I think she has Judith, she showed earlier in the season that she has maternal instincts and seemed to bond with her, and she certainly wouldn't leave her for dead (well none of them would), and with her been the only one we didn't see group up with others, or even try to leave the prison it makes sense that she took her (anyone else taking her would have been shown and they wouldn't have gotten there "come back in Feb to find out" material).

Also, seeing as we didn't see Lilly or Tara die, I think they'll possibly show up again in the next half, they are also my second choice for who I think might have taken Judith.

Interesting theory, actually makes sense considering that Michonne would have blood on her like we saw in the car seat.

And I actually really felt bad for Tara, she tried to act strong but when push came to shove she looked like a fish out of water. I'm also going to make a bold prediction that a romance is going to develop between Rick and Lilly, not sure why but I have a hunch.