The Walking Dead S4 Discussion (SPOILERS)

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by lonewolf604 (8517 posts) -

Can someone tell me if this "new infection" was introduced in the comics?

#52 Edited by spike6958 (4700 posts) -

@SexyJazzCat said:

@konvikt_17 said:

@SexyJazzCat said:

@konvikt_17 said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

@konvikt_17 said:

i think its the new black guy.

just something about him, i dont trust him. i think maybe he might be working for The Governor.

Exactly what I was thinking, except the Governor part.

I think he might just be crazy.

i think theres gotta be more to it than that.

they mentioned that Tyrese found him and vouched for him. iirc. meaning he was out in the wild for a while. he could have easily crossed paths with The Governor.

The Governor, being good at persuading people, talked him into sabotaging the prison, with a promise of a good reward or something.

-

also i want to take note of how he was in the store when he picked up the bottle of wine.

i drew two conclusions from that scene.

1. he is a recovering alcoholic.

2. He has some conflicts within him going on right now. like say sabotaging the prison. he feels troubled and wants to drown away his sorrows, or at least feel numb.

im not in any way trying to prove you wrong at all, just stating my opinion and observations.:)

ultimately, i think he is responsible for the rats and drawing walkers to the prison. But, i also think that he will eventually turn good and rectify his mistakes. he seems to at least have morals, and shows remorse.(judging on the wine scene)

Correct me if im wrong but wasn't the prison getting sabotaged before the whole ordeal with the governor.

to some extent yes. there were some prisoners who tried to mess things up.

but im more talking about second half of season 3. where The Governor made it a vendetta to take over the prison.

after his failure to take over the prison, he snapped, killed most everyone and took off.

i am fairly certain he still holds a grudge.

and have heard talk about him showing up in season 4. why else would he show up, than to seek revenge on the prison?

Prisoners? They never revealed who was sabotaging. And the only prisoners alive were trapped in a room. I suspect it's the same person messing things up. I don't think the governer has anything to do with this, as stuff like this was going on before the conflict with him.

Yeah they did. It was the prisoner who Rick locked out in a courtyard full of Walkers. Somehow he escaped, and attracting the Horde to the prison. He was found by Rick trying escape and was shot by Oscar.

#53 Edited by SexyJazzCat (895 posts) -

@spike6958: Wow, i don't remember that at all. Should probably rewatch that season.

#54 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (17124 posts) -

@spike6958: Wow, i don't remember that at all. Should probably rewatch that season.

I would recommend that. The first half of season 3 had a lot going on.

#55 Posted by benleslie5 (7765 posts) -

I was not specting the infection to be that serious, but the ending had me thinking

#56 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6752 posts) -

Can someone tell me if this "new infection" was introduced in the comics?

The infection wasn't in the comics. But it did have one crazy guy killing people inside the prison, though instead of burning them he chopped their heads off.

#57 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17575 posts) -

GUYS GUYS

badass rick is back

#58 Posted by lonewolf604 (8517 posts) -

@Shottayouth13-: If you're talking about the guy who said he was a Tax evader I already read that far. I think I stopped reading the comics after the prison war.

#59 Posted by bobaban (10553 posts) -

D from The Wire is obviously the saboteur.

#60 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6752 posts) -

@Shottayouth13-: If you're talking about the guy who said he was a Tax evader I already read that far. I think I stopped reading the comics after the prison war.

You should continue reading it. Things definitely spiced up with the introduction of Negan.

#61 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24961 posts) -

I thought this was about Walking Dead 64 when I saw the topic title, then thought to myself "hey, can't be worse than Survival Instinct!"

#62 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17124 posts) -

Wow so one episode later, the killer is revealed and it is not some sort of Governor revenge plot!
This episode was fairly boring, but I am still loving this season! Really curious to see the consequences of what has happened so far.

Another side note, I expect them to abandon the prison to try and find that military base fairly soon.

#63 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11599 posts) -

I actually thought that was the best episode so far this season.

#64 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Anyone else think Carl has some unusual interest in his gun? It's like the kid has an urge to go around shooting things.

#65 Posted by picklesurprise (177 posts) -

stopped watching.

couldn't take it any more.

#66 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6752 posts) -

This episode was too slow paced for my liking.

I like the homages to the comic though.

#67 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Another side note, I expect them to abandon the prison to try and find that military base fairly soon.

I'm thinking the huge herd of walkers Daryl's group encountered will approach the prison. Forcing them to leave it.

#68 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17124 posts) -

@LostProphetFLCL said:

I'm thinking the huge herd of walkers Daryl's group encountered will approach the prison. Forcing them to leave it.

Perhaps. That, or the disease issue and/or sabotaging by The Governor force them to leave.

#69 Edited by bobaban (10553 posts) -

That herd of walkers was huge. I'd have taken some molotov cocktails for that!
Don't like how Daryl let them pile up on the car before starting to back up, kinda dumb, but hey gotta have shit happen.

Carol is slowly going off the deep end, so Bob is gonna be used somewhere else. Tyrese smacking zombies was cool, though you'd think they'd get a bite in from crowding him.

#70 Posted by johnd13 (7981 posts) -

Fortunately there's gonna be considerably more on-the-road action in the next episode. I'm really sick of the prison environment though they will probably abandon it sooner or later.

#71 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

Carol is going crazy which is somewhat disturbing but at least she's not the damsel in distress type of character. I wonder what will happen to her later on.

Season 4 is going well so far but where is the Governor? I'd expect a small glimpse or flashback but it seems like our characters have completely forgotten about the Governor.

Can't wait for the next episode though.

#72 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (17124 posts) -

Carol is going crazy which is somewhat disturbing but at least she's not the damsel in distress type of character. I wonder what will happen to her later on.

Season 4 is going well so far but where is the Governor? I'd expect a small glimpse or flashback but it seems like our characters have completely forgotten about the Governor.

Can't wait for the next episode though.

I actually see her as just becoming a strong person. Her actions have all been logical so far, she is just going and taking things in her hands though instead of letting others potentially try and stop her from doing something she knows to be right.

She stopped being that useless person who sits in the back and relies on everyone else to take care of her. She is finally being involved in helping the community. It is interesting to see her not being afraid to stick her neck out for the good of the group.

I am sure she killed those two to try and stop the infection, but it unfortunately ended up being too late. Hell, for all we know they may have died and turned, or were about to turn and she did them in. Either way, it most certainly was NOT cold-blooded murder and I think her little freakout showed how much it bothered her that she had to go do that.

I worry she might get brained by Tyreese when he finds out (which I am sure it will come out) that she killed his

It is like the opposite of the comics where she ends up being a looney toon who kills herself. She is a character I am actually starting to like for a change.

As for the governor, I am sure he will show up at some point here. I thought of him maybe being the one feeding the walkers rats, but my only doubts with that are that the walkers were being fed by someone who is inside the prison gates.

Can't wait as well! Really loving this season so far! Even this episode, which was a slow and somewhat boring episode, still didn't feel like filler. It really is interesting how many characters have actual developing stories going on right now, and I love the re-newed focus on walkers combined with this idea of having to deal with a viral outbreak while also dealing with the zombie outbreak.

Just hope this season doesn't pull a season 3 and crap out during the second half of the season. The second half (starting with the mid-season finale) of season 2 following through the mid-season finale of season 3 was the shows golden period IMO. Besides "Clear" though, that second half of season 3 was a real let-down though, but now season 4 has gotten right back to being great thankfully.

#73 Edited by spike6958 (4700 posts) -

Carol's actions are clearly her still trying to make up for Sophia's death in Season 2.

Carol was weak to begin with, she was constantly beaten and abused by her Husband and yet remained completely loyal to him because she was scared, and even after he died in Season 1 she was still weak and she sees that as the reason her daughter died. Sophia's death somehow made her stronger, towards the end of season 2 and throughout season 3 she started doing the things she wished she could do when Sophia was alive, and between Seasons 3 and 4 she helped turn the Prison into the place she wanted Sophia to make it to.

That's also why she was teaching the kids how to survive and protect themselves, because Sophia couldn't and again she sees that as her fault, so she was trying to atone by teaching the kids. That is why I believe she killed them, she saw the home they had finally built in danger and did what she felt was right to protect it. It's also why Carol broke down when putting the girl into the confinement area, she sees it as her failing again, she promised the girls dad that she would protect both his daughters and she's failed as one of them is now sick and possibly going to die.

She's started going down the same road Rick did in Season 3, but I don't think Carol will be able to come back.

#74 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17124 posts) -

@spike6958: That is an interesting way of looking at it. Makes alot of sense. I still feel her freakout was more tied her being upset about having to kill those people. If I remember correctly wasn't she just talking to Tyreese before she freaked out? I feel like she has a lot of guilt because she knows just what kind of pain she inflicted on Tyreese by doing that as she has been through losing a loved one.

I have faith in her that she won't totally lose it, if anything because I feel Tyreese might kill her when he finds out what she did. She DOES go completely crazy in the comics though so she could just be heading down that path in a slightly different way.

#75 Posted by hippiesanta (9793 posts) -

=

#76 Edited by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

I like Carol. But she has to be ended. Just how the balance of things go. She's dead by season's end.

#77 Posted by RedEyedMonster8 (1160 posts) -

Wow so one episode later, the killer is revealed and it is not some sort of Governor revenge plot!

This episode was fairly boring, but I am still loving this season! Really curious to see the consequences of what has happened so far.

Meh, I dunno I actually thought it was an interesting twist in character development for Carol.

#78 Posted by GoogleAndroid (145 posts) -

Is Rick thinking about killing Carol?

That's what I got out of the opening scene.

#79 Posted by TwistedShade (3149 posts) -

MAN that ending was a complete shocker. Hopefully that doesn't end up biting Rick in the butt.

#80 Edited by GoogleAndroid (145 posts) -

Another incredibly boring episode. The ending was good though.

#81 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6752 posts) -

Damn, great eepisode. Did not see that coming.

#82 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17575 posts) -

and now the SHOE is on the other FOOT

#83 Posted by konvikt_17 (22161 posts) -

#84 Edited by TwistedShade (3149 posts) -

@googleandroid: This episode was amazing. We had some really strong character development again, with a decent mix of action. Probably my favorite episode of the season so far.

#85 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (17124 posts) -

Another fantastic episode! Gotta say, I personally don't know if I agree with Ricks decision. I honestly thought Carol was being very logical and Rick seems to be once again showing that he cannot completely adjust to the harsh new realities of this zombified world.

I do see that there is an issue with how the group would react to the revelation that Carol killed those people, but that is where the leaders need to step up and bring people to the reality that what she did was indeed for the good of the group and that hard decisions like that need to be made sometimes.

If anything, that black guy with Daryl, Michonne, and Tyrese needs to be banished if anything. The idiot goes and just uses his huge ass backpack to stash one fucking bottle of liquor when there was TONS of medical supplies there. Just because they got what was needed, doesn't mean they couldn't have used some extra medicine back at the camp. On top of that, he put his LIFE at risk for his alcohol. An alcoholic is NOT someone who I would ever keep around. Real life experience has taught me that they are useless pieces of shit who would only be a burden in the end.

Interesting possibility, but what if Carol just shows up at the prison? What happens then? It's not like Rick could just off her in front of everyone. It would be really interesting if she showed back up and I definitely could see it causing some upheaval. I almost think that Carol at this point would be a better leader than Rick. He really seems to not be cut out for this world.

Also, does anyone feel like Carol will show back up later on? I don't necessarily see my earlier proposed scenario happening, but I could see them bumping into eachother again at that military compound Daryl heard calling out on the radio.

But yeah, absolutely LOVING this season! Such a wonderful balance of awesome action and wonderful character development!

#86 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6752 posts) -

Another fantastic episode! Gotta say, I personally don't know if I agree with Ricks decision. I honestly thought Carol was being very logical and Rick seems to be once again showing that he cannot completely adjust to the harsh new realities of this zombified world.

I do see that there is an issue with how the group would react to the revelation that Carol killed those people, but that is where the leaders need to step up and bring people to the reality that what she did was indeed for the good of the group and that hard decisions like that need to be made sometimes.

If anything, that black guy with Daryl, Michonne, and Tyrese needs to be banished if anything. The idiot goes and just uses his huge ass backpack to stash one fucking bottle of liquor when there was TONS of medical supplies there. Just because they got what was needed, doesn't mean they couldn't have used some extra medicine back at the camp. On top of that, he put his LIFE at risk for his alcohol. An alcoholic is NOT someone who I would ever keep around. Real life experience has taught me that they are useless pieces of shit who would only be a burden in the end.

Interesting possibility, but what if Carol just shows up at the prison? What happens then? It's not like Rick could just off her in front of everyone. It would be really interesting if she showed back up and I definitely could see it causing some upheaval. I almost think that Carol at this point would be a better leader than Rick. He really seems to not be cut out for this world.

Also, does anyone feel like Carol will show back up later on? I don't necessarily see my earlier proposed scenario happening, but I could see them bumping into eachother again at that military compound Daryl heard calling out on the radio.

But yeah, absolutely LOVING this season! Such a wonderful balance of awesome action and wonderful character development!

I'm really torn on whether I agree with Rick's decision or not, but in a way he was actually protecting her. Tyrese is a loose cannon and would have murdered poor Carol.

Then again, he could have just kept his mouth shut.

#87 Posted by konvikt_17 (22161 posts) -

im curious to see how Daryl reacts when he finds out.

they were pretty close.

#88 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17124 posts) -

@Shottayouth13-: Yeah Tyreese is a major loose cannon and I had actually been predicting that he would kill Carol when word got out that she had been the killer, but then again that really is an issue with controlling Tyreese instead of anything to do with Carol and it just points to another problem which is that the group needs to get Tyreese under control because he is going to end up getting himself or somebody else killed or even maybe kill someone. I know in the comics he murders the shit out of someone in anger but IDK if they will be doing that storyline.

BTW did anyone watch Talking Dead this week? It was actually really good as Chris Jericho was an AMAZING guest and kept making fantastic points throughout the episode. I loved the way he went over how the entire episode had the theme of people having to let go of things.

#89 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21518 posts) -

rick made carol go for her own good, Ty would have killed her and the others wouldn't accept what she did.

I agree with what rick did. i also think that without hershel, rick would have gone insane and lost himself, hershel is always there to talk to him, lead him and set him on the right path.

I think carol will return later.

#90 Posted by spike6958 (4700 posts) -

Damn, my theory about Carol doing all this because of her past with her Husband and Sophia was pretty close I felt. I don't agree with what she did, but I can completely understand why she did it, and I think Rick did too, his leaving her had as much to with saving her as it did punishing her. I'm expecting that she will return, perhaps she'll be found by the Governor and taken hostage and used to bargain for Michonne (she's who he wanted more than any of them). Either way it just didn't feel like a fitting end for her, but maybe that's just me not liking the fact that there now down to just 4 survivors from the original Atlanta camp.

Also Bob is really starting to piss me off. First he got that kid killed in the store, and now he risks the lives of Daryl, Ty and Michonne collecting Alcohol instead of grabbing even more meds. Who cares if they had enough for the current illness, tomorrow is another day and could bring with it even more problems and those extra meds he should have been carrying could have been used to stop another outbreak like this happening and allowed the group one less trip outside so there not having to risk there lives agai. He is a selfish asshole, and while It would have been completely out of character, I wish Daryl had thrown him into that group of Walkers after finding out what was in his bag.

Predicting that next episode will be set solely in the Prison, and that it might be the last episode there, with Daryl's group getting back at the last minute to help the last few survivors escape.

#91 Edited by johnd13 (7981 posts) -

Great episode. I don't think that's the last we see of Carol either. At some point Rick and the other survivors will leave the prison and will probably bump into Carol, who might have found a new group to join or even lead. The whole walker outbreak has had a major impact on her as a character(losing her daughter really broke her as a person in a way). I think Rick told her to leave mostly to protect her from Ty and the others rather than to punish her.

I'm going to predict that the meds Daryl and the others bring back won't save the day. The group includes a bunch of people and I don't see all of them hitting the road again - just a few "select" survivors.

Also, did anyone else notice an out of the ordinary bond between Daryl and Michone? Or is it just me? Could that lead to a romantic relationship or sth?

#92 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

^^I noticed the tension between Darly and Michone, too. Mmmhhmmmmm.

#93 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11599 posts) -

So tonight's was probably the best of the season.

But...

Now the Governor is back...GG Walking Dead.

And just when the show was getting good.

#94 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17124 posts) -

Damned good episode! So freaking intense throughout the ENTIRE episode! This season has been so great so far and is probably my fav season yet.

Dat reveal at the end was pretty crazy as well! Interested to see what happens next. I had thought they were getting forced out of the prison for a good part of the episode so I am still expecting them to have to leave soon. Likely due in part to what was revealed at the end of the episode.

#95 Edited by lonewolf604 (8517 posts) -

*Spoilers* If Rick and Carl were able to kill ALL those zombies just like that, why couldn't they just do that all along....

#96 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11599 posts) -

Also

#97 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6752 posts) -

*Spoilers* If Rick and Carl were able to kill ALL those zombies just like that, why couldn't they just do that all along....

Limited ammo. Can potentially attract more walkers.

#98 Posted by GoogleAndroid (145 posts) -

Well, that was a fantastic episode. I also rewatched last week's, and I take back what I said, it was pretty good too. This week's episode had me on edge the whole time. I'm excited for next week.

#99 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer: That got a good chuckle out of me. hehe

#100 Edited by spike6958 (4700 posts) -

Oh wow. Best episode of the season, and one of the best in general. Had me on the edge of my seat the whole time, which hasn't happened in a while.

Hershel is starting to become a real badass which is awesome, and it's nice to see Rick and Carl starting to trust each other again.

My only disappointment is that they managed to save the prison, now I'm one of the few people who is happy to see them try and make a life for themselves and stay in one place, but it just felt like it should have happened this episode, the Walkers breaking through, the sick turning, very few people actually left, they can't hold it much longer.

Oh, and that ending. I knew he was still on as a series regular, but it's nice to finally see them bringing the Governor back.