The veyron isnt so fast

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts
Watch it struggle of the line here, lol
daniel52587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 daniel52587
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts
Just because it is a W-16 people think it is the fastest car. That just adds more weight. It isnt that aerodynamic either, so it produces more drag and less suction to the ground. Plus it is ugly. I would take a Ferrari FXX or even an Enzo over that car anyday. I would take a Porsche Carrera GT over it too. Ferrari and Porsche make real race cars. 
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I prefer a Panda, safe, controlled and spacious. 8)
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#4 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
It requires two keys. One to start it, one to actually turn on the full power. And yea, it's not super duper ultra mega fast off the line, but as far as top speed goes it has tremendous horsepower and momentum from the weight.

Still, I'd rather just get like a sweet Z06 or something, once you're that baller it doesn't matter anymore.
sthadji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 sthadji
Member since 2004 • 4682 Posts
It's the fastest car in the world and this proves it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V27CgobKJHw
rat_pac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 rat_pac
Member since 2003 • 9297 Posts

Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

The specifications for this particularly heavily modified 3000GT are as follows
  • 1077 BHP
  • Top Speed: 266 MPH
  • 0 to 60: 3.8 sec
Not only is this my all time favourite car, but I think it would smoke the Veryon easily.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SemiMaster

Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

• 1077 BHP
Not only is this my all time favourite car, but I think it would smoke the Veryon easily.
rat_pac

There are cars that wouldn't beat the Veyron, but isn't the Veyron technically "production", whil your very nice 3000GT isn't production per say?
rat_pac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rat_pac
[QUOTE="rat_pac"]

Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

• 1077 BHP
SemiMaster

There are cars that wouldn't beat the Veyron, but isn't the Veyron technically "production", whil your very nice 3000GT isn't production per say?

Your right, this car stock is nowhere near as impressive as a Veryon, but the fact that you can spend less and get more out of this car, beats it alone imo.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SemiMaster
[QUOTE="SemiMaster"][QUOTE="rat_pac"]

Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

• 1077 BHP
rat_pac

Your right, this car stock is nowhere near as impressive as a Veryon, but the fact that you can spend less and get more on this car, beats its imo alone.

I don't disagree, but the point is it's production vs. modified. There are cars out there that would smoke that 3000GT as well. Then again, they might be cheaper than a Veyron, but might take a lot of talent and tinkering and everything.

Still, if you had either car I'd be impressed.
fordies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fordies
Member since 2005 • 5829 Posts
[QUOTE="SemiMaster"][QUOTE="rat_pac"]

Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

• 1077 BHP
rat_pac

Your right, this car stock is nowhere near as impressive as a Veryon, but the fact that you can spend less and get more out of this car, beats it alone imo.

Has that car actually been to that speed yet or is it just an estimate?
aliens1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 aliens1234
Member since 2004 • 2932 Posts
It's the fastest car in the world and this proves it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V27CgobKJHwsthadji
I loved that episode.
rat_pac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rat_pac
[QUOTE="rat_pac"][QUOTE="SemiMaster"][QUOTE="rat_pac"]

Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

• 1077 BHP
fordies

Estimate, and a simulation, I made this exact same car in GT, and hopefully if Gran Turismo is true to life I went 266 Top speed in this thing. Although you can probably hold it against me to say otherwise, as im not sure myself, but 1077 BHP you have to use it for something :P

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SemiMaster
[QUOTE="fordies"][QUOTE="rat_pac"][QUOTE="SemiMaster"][QUOTE="rat_pac"]

Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

• 1077 BHP
rat_pac

Estimate, and a simulation, I made this exact same car in GT, and hopefully if Gran Turismo is true to life I went 266 Top speed in this thing. Although you can probably hold it against me to say otherwise, as im not sure myself, but 1077 BHP you have to use it for something :P

You think Gran Turismo is 100% true to life? By driving my 1208 horsepower Viper I made in that game for a few races it some how miraculously boosted my horsepower to like 1254... I wouldn't put a lot of stock into what Gran Turismo says. Put the thing on a dyno and actually use a radar gun in conjunction with the internal speedometer of the vehicle.
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
I still prever a nice British roadster, something like a Morgan or an MG
rat_pac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rat_pac
[QUOTE="rat_pac"][QUOTE="fordies"][QUOTE="rat_pac"][QUOTE="SemiMaster"][QUOTE="rat_pac"]

Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

• 1077 BHP
SemiMaster

You think Gran Turismo is 100% true to life? By driving my 1208 horsepower Viper I made in that game for a few races it some how miraculously boosted my horsepower to like 1254... I wouldn't put a lot of stock into what Gran Turismo says. Put the thing on a dyno and actually use a radar gun in conjunction with the internal speedometer of the vehicle.

I only know the specs of this car in the picture, I dont know what it does in real life ^^ sorry.
fordies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fordies
[QUOTE="SemiMaster"][QUOTE="rat_pac"][QUOTE="fordies"][QUOTE="rat_pac"][QUOTE="SemiMaster"][QUOTE="rat_pac"]

Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

• 1077 BHP
rat_pac

I only know the specs of this car in the picture, I dont know what it does in real life ^^ sorry.

Its probably set up for drag racing so the top speed wouldnt be that great and certainly nowhere near 266mph. The one thing i like about the Veyron more than the likes of the above car and others like the Saleen and hennessy viper is the fact that the Veyron has proven its top speed and it cruises like a luxury car at that speed where as the other cars feel like they are going to shred as top gear would put it.
aliens1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 aliens1234
Member since 2004 • 2932 Posts
Can we cut down these quote chains please.
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
Can we cut down these quote chains please.aliens1234
Yeah, my finger is hurting with all the scrolling :cry:
puremage1209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 puremage1209
Member since 2006 • 1960 Posts
Just because it is a W-16 people think it is the fastest car. That just adds more weight. It isnt that aerodynamic either, so it produces more drag and less suction to the ground. Plus it is ugly. I would take a Ferrari FXX or even an Enzo over that car anyday. I would take a Porsche Carrera GT over it too. Ferrari and Porsche make real race cars. daniel52587
people say that its the fastest becuase it is. It has a top speed and acceleration rate above any car out there today. Soulds like u need to do some more research buddy :wink:
daniel52587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 daniel52587
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts
[QUOTE="daniel52587"]Just because it is a W-16 people think it is the fastest car. That just adds more weight. It isnt that aerodynamic either, so it produces more drag and less suction to the ground. Plus it is ugly. I would take a Ferrari FXX or even an Enzo over that car anyday. I would take a Porsche Carrera GT over it too. Ferrari and Porsche make real race cars. puremage1209
people say that its the fastest becuase it is. It has a top speed and acceleration rate above any car out there today. Soulds like u need to do some more research buddy :wink:

The Ferrari FXX can beat it. And it looks better.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the1stmoonfly
Just because it is a W-16 people think it is the fastest car. That just adds more weight. It isnt that aerodynamic either, so it produces more drag and less suction to the ground. Plus it is ugly. I would take a Ferrari FXX or even an Enzo over that car anyday. I would take a Porsche Carrera GT over it too. Ferrari and Porsche make real race cars. daniel52587
I was being sarcastic, did you watch the clip. The car weighs 2 tonnes and still does 0-60 in 2.5 and 0-120 in 7.9. I also dont think its ugly. As for aerodynamics, even the wing mirrors have been designed to give just the right amount of downforce, you just cant make a car this quick without perfect aerodynamics.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the1stmoonfly
[QUOTE="puremage1209"][QUOTE="daniel52587"]Just because it is a W-16 people think it is the fastest car. That just adds more weight. It isnt that aerodynamic either, so it produces more drag and less suction to the ground. Plus it is ugly. I would take a Ferrari FXX or even an Enzo over that car anyday. I would take a Porsche Carrera GT over it too. Ferrari and Porsche make real race cars. daniel52587

Whats the stats on that ferrari then, because i doubt you. And only road legal cars count.
fordies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fordies
[QUOTE="daniel52587"][QUOTE="puremage1209"][QUOTE="daniel52587"]Just because it is a W-16 people think it is the fastest car. That just adds more weight. It isnt that aerodynamic either, so it produces more drag and less suction to the ground. Plus it is ugly. I would take a Ferrari FXX or even an Enzo over that car anyday. I would take a Porsche Carrera GT over it too. Ferrari and Porsche make real race cars. the1stmoonfly

Whats the stats on that ferrari then, because i doubt you. And only road legal cars count.

I dont think any spec has been released but it is definately faster than an enzo and the spec of that is pretty good. I would guess that in a drag race the Veyron may still have a slight advantage but round a track i think the fxx would win because that is what it is built to do but like you said it isnt road legal so it doesnt really count.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the1stmoonfly
The veyron was designed to be the best road car ever, the fasest and best built. This is why it costs so much, because the materials used in it contruction are so expensive, this is to make it as strong as possible, thats why at 200+ mph it doesnt start to shake stress and rattle like almost every other super car out there, its also the reason its so heavy. Most drag specific cars would beat it down a drag track and track cars will undoubtedly beat it around a track, but the veyron wasnt designed to do those things, its just a road car, and in that field you have to give it respect.