The US War in Afghanistan is officially over

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/america-formally-ends-the-war-in-afghanistan/

Well it's "officially" over. While I am hopeful for Afghanistan's future, I am cautious in that Afghanistan may fall prey to extremism once again from the inside or out and with the recent news and how the government is. But what do you all think?

Do you think Afghanistan will remain democratic and evolve over time? Or do you think Afghanistan will become Iraq 2.0 with ISIL rummaging around?

Do you think it was a mistake ending the war so soon? Or do you think it was appropriate to leave?

Or any other concerns?

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I would rather the USA just nuke the entire middle east and be done with it. They will never change and refuse to evolve. We have done too much for them. We sent them tons of handouts, food, medicine and build them schools.

In return, they shoot up the schools, train the kids to become terrorists and continue hating the rest of the world. We can't save them, so might as well just blow up the evil in the world.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Calling it now: it's going to remain a cesspool.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Taliban will come pouring back into the country and the Afghanistan economy will collapse eventually

pwnanobrien22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pwnanobrien22
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

More than likely what happened to Iraq after we left is going to happen to Afghanistan

ryanweinmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By ryanweinmann
Member since 2007 • 894 Posts

I say Afghanistan will collapse since we are out of country. Their military is weak. With all the car bombs, suicide bombers or car bombers, military will fear them and won't fight.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#7 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

So, the United States is actually not at war at all now?

Good, now we will be ready when the next proxy wars against Russia start.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

During my last trip to Afghanistan I was fortunate enough to work with some Afghan National Army officers that were passionate about their country and wanted the best for their land. One of them took his family and fled to Pakistan after the Taliban took over and came back shortly after the invasion.

Makes me feel bad that they will probably have to flee again when the Taliban starts taking over, we know it's going to happen. The applications for humanitarian visas are going to skyrocket soon in my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

The war against radical Islam will never be over, not if we continue to treat it as if it were a joke.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

Obama (warmonger that he is) is just freeing up troops and equipment for the new proxy wars against Russia in Ukraine and against China in the South China Sea.

The petrodollar can no longer be defended by economic means, so Obama will try to defend it by military means.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

@stuff238 said:

I would rather the USA just nuke the entire middle east and be done with it. They will never change and refuse to evolve. We have done too much for them. We sent them tons of handouts, food, medicine and build them schools.

In return, they shoot up the schools, train the kids to become terrorists and continue hating the rest of the world. We can't save them, so might as well just blow up the evil in the world.

That's a bad idea. Don't ignore the peaceful people fighting for their own lives everyday.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@top_lel said:

@stuff238 said:

That's a bad idea. Don't ignore the peaceful people fighting for their own lives everyday.

True.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Kollskegg said:

Corporate America caused nothing but pain, suffering and destruction, while of course stealing oil and other resources and labeling everyone who does not bow to them a dictator.

No wonder America is headed downward with people like you there.

Now they are trying to get to Gas pipes in Ukraine so they are blaming Russians for this and that bullshit.

Except no oil was even taken. And considering most of our oil comes from Canada, this idea that we went to Iraq for its oil is absurd.

You don't get labeled a dictator for not doing what we tell you. You get labeled a dictator for being a tyrant.

Please go away. We don't need any more of you in this community.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

The US War in Afghanistan is officially over

Yeah...okay.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Iraq 2.0 in 3,2,1..

Also, the fuckwits of OT are at it again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@GazaAli said:

Iraq 2.0 in 3,2,1..

Who exactly are you referring to?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Good that they're leaving some soldiers there so it doesn't end up like Iraq.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GazaAli

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

Iraq 2.0 in 3,2,1..

Who exactly are you referring to?

You're very perceptive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@GazaAli said:

You're very perceptive

Well, considering you're being a chickenshit by being so ambiguous, I guess I have to be pretty perceptive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@Aljosa23 said:

Iraq had many more troops when we "left" there than Afghanistan currently has.

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

We should just keep our nose out of Arab affairs, or any other affairs except our own. Even though ISIS is responsible for some horrific acts, there are thousands of people dying in other much less known wars, and we don't do anything about those innocents being killed.

We should just worry about ourselves. We have plenty of problems to deal with in our own country.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@mjf249 said:

We should just keep our nose out of Arab affairs, or any other affairs except our own. Even though ISIS is responsible for some horrific acts, there are thousands of people dying in other much less known wars, and we don't do anything about those innocents being killed.

We should just worry about ourselves. We have plenty of problems to deal with in our own country.

Why? We have the capability to stop a lot of these horrible things. Why shouldn't we?

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Drunk_PI

@airshocker said:
@Aljosa23 said:

Iraq had many more troops when we "left" there than Afghanistan currently has.

I thought when the negotiations to leave more troops in Iraq never went through that we had a full withdrawal?

Also, even if we left some troops in Afghanistan, I doubt that will help. The Afghan government needs to fight for its existence and so far, it has been corrupt despite a recent democratic election and its military, despite a few committed Afghans, is weak-willed. The Taliban might even take over again.

But who knows? Maybe the Afghan government will fight for its existence. It just doesn't look that way.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GazaAli

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

You're very perceptive

Well, considering you're being a chickenshit by being so ambiguous, I guess I have to be pretty perceptive.

I'm not one to state the obvious. Skimming through the posts in this topic I think anyone with a pea-sized brain can figure who the fuckwits in question are.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GazaAli
@airshocker said:

@mjf249 said:

Why? We have the capability to stop a lot of these horrible things. Why shouldn't we?

So far and with respect to this delusional American righteousness and laughable sense of the moral high ground, history has proved several times that a) the U.S is almost never capable of that and b) the U.S is flagrantly hypocritical about it. Its so gullible to believe that states can be moral and benevolent.

Also, I like how you keep using the pronoun "we" over and over as if this is some sort of a popular and inclusive affair. It reaffirms your delusional perception of American politics, decision making process and the pretenses of the policies of the regime. You and the rest of the American lower classes matter very little and of minute consequence to any of this. Stick to legalizing Marijuana and gay marriage. Burst out of the bubble and breathe intellectual and moral freedom since you always speak of your love for freedom and whatnot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:

@GazaAli said:

You're very perceptive

I'm not one to state the obvious. Skimming through the posts in this topic I think anyone with a pea-sized brain can figure who the fuckwits in question are.

So a cop out. How brave.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@GazaAli said:
@airshocker said:

@mjf249 said:

So far and with respect to this delusional American righteousness and laughable sense of the moral high ground, history has proved several times that a) the U.S is almost never capable of that and b) the U.S is flagrantly hypocritical about it. Its so gullible to believe that states can be moral and benevolent.

Also, I like how you keep using the pronoun "we" over and over as if this is some sort of a popular and inclusive affair. It reaffirms your delusional perception of American politics, decision making process and the pretenses of the policies of the regime. You and the rest of the American lower classes matter very little and of minute consequence to any of this. Stick to legalizing Marijuana and gay marriage. Burst out of the bubble and breathe intellectual and moral freedom since you always speak of your love for freedom and whatnot.

Righteousness is righteousness. It has no nationality. History has proven that leaving before the job is done is a recipe for disaster, that's all.

What you consider to be popular, or righteous, is worthless to me. You are from Gaza, after all. I don't expect the people who are perpetually at war to be able to coexist with others without force.

Sometimes your betters have to make the decisions for you. It sucks, but it's better than the status quo.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@stuff238 said:

There are far too many innocent people to simply blow everyone up. Also how the hell is nuking everyone in a country not evil?

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

Sounds like good news... I guess? Though I'm sure new trouble that may possibly ignite more war, is sadly gonna happen, in 3...2...1...

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

I wonder if the US could have colonized the outer solar system with the three trillion it spent on Iraq and Afganisttan.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GazaAli

@airshocker said:
@GazaAli said:
@airshocker said:

Righteousness is righteousness. It has no nationality. History has proven that leaving before the job is done is a recipe for disaster, that's all.

What you consider to be popular, or righteous, is worthless to me. You are from Gaza, after all. I don't expect the people who are perpetually at war to be able to coexist with others without force.

Sometimes your betters have to make the decisions for you. It sucks, but it's better than the status quo.

You really didn't have to snap and resort to personal attacks and discriminatory remarks, it makes it nearly impossible to take you seriously. Its bad enough you're flaunting that avatar which makes it appear as if one is conversing with someone from an alternate reality.

If you're so charged for the cause why don't you enlist and take an active part in the crusades instead of your keyboard warrior routine? That's not hypocritical, that's just pathetic.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 indzman

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:
@GazaAli said:
@airshocker said:

Its bad enough you're flaunting that avatar which makes it appear as if one is conversing with someone from an alternate reality.

Just noticed, air having a avatar with something written in islamic. What does it mean gaza?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GazaAli

@indzman said:

@GazaAli said:

Its bad enough you're flaunting that avatar which makes it appear as if one is conversing with someone from an alternate reality.

Just noticed, air having a avatar with something written in islamic. What does it mean gaza?

Kafer which means infidel. Tell me again indz, how many "jihadists" do we have here in OT? Have you ever heard anyone of the few Muslim OT members calling someone infidel or blasphemous?

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@indzman said:

@GazaAli said:

Kafer which means infidel. Tell me again indz, how many "jihadists" do we have here in OT? Have you ever heard anyone of the few Muslim OT members calling someone infidel or blasphemous?

Don't get your jimmies rustled over a avatar.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By indzman

@GazaAli said:

@indzman said:

@GazaAli said:

Nope, no jihadists on OT. All pretty cool members out here. I think Air is against those islamic extremists killing innocents, he's not surely insulting any one of islamic faith on OT as you or others by having that avi. Don't worry about his avi, its nothing personal against anyone on OT i guess :)

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GazaAli

@indzman said:

@GazaAli said:

@indzman said:

@GazaAli said:

Nope, no jihadists on OT. All pretty cool members out here. I think Air is against those islamic extremists killing innocents, he's not surely insulting any one of islamic faith on OT as you or others by having that avi. Don't worry about his avi, its nothing personal against anyone on OT i guess :)

I never said I'm offended nor did I express worry over it. What I do express however is the absurdity of flaunting such an avatar here and the delusion of being on some sort of a holy crusade, all behind a computer keyboard. I'd somehow sympathize if you know, he actually had anything to do with it regardless whether I approve of it or not. First its the avatar, then its the constant use of the pronoun we. Its hilarious.

I express the same contempt and pity whenever I see such behavior, even if the "message" being conveyed is one I endorse. Like for example when people during Israeli offenses against Gaza all put "Save Gaza" as their Facebook profile photo. Get a grip on reality for **** sake, you and your heroic acts matter very little.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 top_lel

@airshocker said:
@GazaAli said:

You're an infidel. I can't take you seriously when you're an infidel.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GazaAli

@top_lel said:

@airshocker said:
@GazaAli said:

Please don't feed his delusions lest he drift too far.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 top_lel

@GazaAli said:

@top_lel said:

Please don't feed his delusions lest he drift too far.

Do you really think he has yet to cross the line? he's already gone too far.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 indzman

@GazaAli said:

@indzman said:

@GazaAli said:

@indzman said:

@GazaAli said:

I never said I'm offended nor did I express worry over it. What I do express however is the absurdity of flaunting such an avatar here and the delusion of being on some sort of a holy crusade, all behind a computer keyboard. I'd somehow sympathize if you know, he actually had anything to do with it regardless whether I approve of it or not. First its the avatar, then its the constant use of the pronoun we. Its hilarious.

I express the same contempt and pity whenever I see such behavior, even if the "message" being conveyed is one I endorse. Like for example when people during Israeli offenses against Gaza all put "Save Gaza" as their Facebook profile photo. Get a grip on reality for **** sake, you and your heroic acts matter very little.

Oh :(

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@top_lel said:

@stuff238 said:

It's also barbaric and ignorant :)

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@airshocker said:

@Kollskegg said:

Corporate America caused nothing but pain, suffering and destruction, while of course stealing oil and other resources and labeling everyone who does not bow to them a dictator.

No wonder America is headed downward with people like you there.

Now they are trying to get to Gas pipes in Ukraine so they are blaming Russians for this and that bullshit.

Except no oil was even taken. And considering most of our oil comes from Canada, this idea that we went to Iraq for its oil is absurd.

You don't get labeled a dictator for not doing what we tell you. You get labeled a dictator for being a tyrant.

Please go away. We don't need any more of you in this community.

Actually you did go to war in Iraq because of oil. You did'nt like the fact that they were shifting from the petrodollar to the euro.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#48 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Now is as good a time as any to get out of there. The war has dragged on for over a decade. If the Afghans fail to keep their country together, then so be it. The US will likely be running missions there on into the future. While the war is officially over, we're constantly at war anyway. It's the scale that changes.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Drunk_PI

Perhaps we shouldn't do anything after we leave but that's also easier said than done. Conflict spills over and affects other regions which could produce devastating results.

I think we can all agree that nuking the Middle East is not only childish but barbaric. The Middle East does not consist of barbaric savages only. There is Turkey, Armenia, Georgia, Jordan, and perhaps more who are stable, not extreme, and relatively peaceful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@GazaAli said:

@airshocker said:
@GazaAli said:
@airshocker said:

You really didn't have to snap and resort to personal attacks and discriminatory remarks, it makes it nearly impossible to take you seriously. Its bad enough you're flaunting that avatar which makes it appear as if one is conversing with someone from an alternate reality.

If you're so charged for the cause why don't you enlist and take an active part in the crusades instead of your keyboard warrior routine? That's not hypocritical, that's just pathetic.

Just like you didn't have to try and insult me. You get exactly what you deserve, buddy.

What cause are you specifically referencing? I've already enlisted and done my time. Unlike you. That's truly pathetic.