User Lists: 5

#101 I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

@TehFuneral said:

@i_return said:

@TehFuneral said:

Humans suck.

Again, not unpopular AT ALL.

maybe not on OT. Say that in a workplace and the next thing you know you're fired.

I thought the condition was the opposite... but it's a universal truth that humans these days suck. Maybe your workplace colleagues are too mainstream to accept this.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58632 Posts

@JyePhye said:
@MirkoS77 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Christopher Nolan is overrated, Sylvester Stallone writes and directs better movies.

Is that supposed to be an insult? Stallone penned the script for Rocky. The guy is quite intelligent and talented.

He also directed Staying Alive, probably one of the worst movies of all time and definitely one of the worst sequels of all time.

Akira Kurosawa directed "Dreams". Danny Boyle directed "The Beach". Steven Spielberg directed "Hook".

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I don't agree with The Gerg always when he says Yes or No to everything i post ( He answers often on behalf of other users ), says Boxing is like Kung Fu or Saving Private Ryan is a Scary movie. But then again hes not wrong, boxing is a form of self defense martial arts and gore in Saving Private Ryan scares him. One of the intelligent users around here, but people with ENFL like me will have a very hard time understanding him first time=P

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#105 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9384 Posts

@thegerg said:

@pyro1245: If you don't believe in any gods you actually are definitively atheistic.

ah yes. There's a label for everything. Which specific brand of atheist am I? I guess nowadays if you don't practice a religion you're an atheist? But those guys suck, I don't want to be one of them; always trying to prove god doesn't exist with arguments.... who cares?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 pyro1245

@thegerg: Just like any other religious group, atheism has its own subsets of varying beliefs. The most broad of them includes people who just don't formulate an opinion, I'm sure. I just don't want any part of it. I have faith in people. Mainly faith that if we keep trying and pushing to learn new things we will uncover more about how the universe actually works. Gods exist everywhere, in our art and literature, in the hearts and minds of the people who believe in them. To study them is to learn more about the people who created them and the people with follow them and of the human condition in general. Whether they actually exist as physical beings (or otherwise) isn't important.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 pyro1245

@thegerg: It's commonly referred to as the 'religion' of atheism because the people are about as passionate in their belief that there isn't a god, as those who do believe. I know it's not a religion, and I know it specifically refers to the existence of a deity. I was trying to draw parallels between the two as well as illustrate why I don't consider myself one.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 pyro1245

@thegerg said:

@pyro1245: "I was trying to draw parallels between the two as well as illustrate why I don't consider myself one."

So you're a theist? Those are the only 2 options. You're either a theist or you're not. If you're not a theist you are, by definition, an atheist.

I think this one is your decision. I've laid out how I feel about this stuff. Like I said if you want put a label on me you're gonna have to do it yourself. I don't care either way.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 pyro1245

@thegerg: I know what it means. see post number 110. I'm telling you I don't care. Just do the logical thing and call me an atheist and be done with it. Either that or stop bothering me about it. I have no strong opinions on this matter. Gods may or may not exist. I couldn't care less. It's not important to me. Now if you want to talk about something that is actually interesting like nuclear power, I'd be happy to oblige.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

@thegerg: I know what it means. see post number 110. I'm telling you I don't care. Just do the logical thing and call me an atheist and be done with it. Either that or stop bothering me about it. I have no strong opinions on this matter. Gods may or may not exist. I couldn't care less. It's not important to me. Now if you want to talk about something that is actually interesting like nuclear power, I'd be happy to oblige.

Sounds more agnostic to me; an Athiest would firmly believe gods do not and have not ever existed.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#118 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts
  • Popular music of today is terrible, as are the talentless musicians who produce it
  • Family Guy, The Big Bang Theory, and Simpsons are three of the worst comedies ever made
  • Cats are much better pets than dogs
  • U2 is a terrible band
  • Baseball is the most boring sport to watch

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#121  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Unpopular opinions in general:

1. Thriller is an overrated album and there are a number of better pop albums (i.e. Sign O' the Times, Ray of Light, etc.). The album is mainly notable for its killer singles, but you can get those in a greatest hits compilation. There's no cohesive vision/atmosphere to make the album more than a collection of decent to great pop songs.

2. Politicians aren't any worse than "regular people."

3. Quality rap has the best lyrics out of any type of music. I don't think any rock musicians can **** with Illmatic on a lyrical basis.

4. Freedom is not more important than safety; they are equally important.

5. I didn't think Jeremiah Wright saying "God damn America" was even remotely offensive. He lived through an era of rampant racism and I didn't. Who am I to tell him that he can't have that opinion? I mean, I don't agree with it, but I'm not going to sit there and be outraged about something I can't fully understand.

6. Political correctness is not a problem. The people who cry about it should focus on real issues. I also think that many of the people who complain about just want to say offensive things without suffering social consequences.

7. Even someone as ridiculous as Sarah Palin would be more acceptable as president than Ron Paul.

8. The idea that the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame should only feature rock acts is dumb and shortsighted.

9. Religious beliefs shouldn't be any more exempt from criticism than political beliefs. For instance, I think it's hypocritical for one to rail on liberalism but then get mad when someone rails on Christianity.

10. We need more laws, not less.

Unpopular opinions on GameSpot:

1. There is nothing wrong with feminism and Anita Sarkeesian actually made a number of good points. Gamers are just too defensive and anti-feminist to even begin to understand what argument she is making.

2. Gamersgate is an embarrassing movement that feeds into a lot of the negative stereotypes about gamers.

3. Pop music is a lot better than metal.

4. Harry Potter, His Dark Materials, and Chronicles of Narnia are all much better fantasy stories than Lord of the Rings. Rowling, Pullman, and Lewis all know how to tell a story better than Tolkien does.

5. There was nothing wrong with Tom McShea's reviews (or even Carolyn's for that matter). People just got butthurt about them because they can't stand the idea of someone giving a game a lower score than what they think it's entitled to.

6. The people whose response to people being offended is always "grow a thicker skin" are pretty immature and probably don't have any social skills.

7. Western game music is super bland.

8. There's nothing wrong with Sony and Microsoft charging for online play.

9. RayWilliamJohnson is actually pretty talented and deserves all the money he made.

10. If I was told that I have to hang out with a casual gamer or a hardcore gamer for a day, I'd choose the casual gamer every time.

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#122 Hiddai
Member since 2004 • 6117 Posts

I don't enjoy sex that much...honestly

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#123  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Hiddai said:

I don't enjoy sex that much...honestly

^This is a good one.

howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#124 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts

I didn't like Blade Runner.

Probably because I watched it a year or two ago and not when it came out. I'll have to rewatch again to see if I like it better or not.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts
  • Dead Space 3 has a ton of flaws, but it has some (some) redeeming qualities.
  • In Utero is Nirvana's best album and is better than Bleach. Nevermind is by far their worst and is 3/4 complete ****.
@jasean79 said:
  • Popular music of today is terrible, as are the talentless musicians who produce it
  • Family Guy, The Big Bang Theory, and Simpsons are three of the worst comedies ever made
  • Cats are much better pets than dogs
  • U2 is a terrible band
  • Baseball is the most boring sport to watch
  1. I mostly disagree.
  2. Disagree, and never watched the last two.
  3. I tend to lean towards cats as well.
  4. Certainly disagree.
  5. Agree.
pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By pyro1245

@thegerg said:

@pyro1245 said:

I'm just curious about your strange beliefs. Someone who is not a theist but doesn't consider themselves an atheist is like a human who doesn't consider themselves to be a mammal.

heh. you're trying too hard. you're curious about my absence of feelings one way or the other. By your definition I'm an atheist purely because I'm not a theist. I don't like the label, however, because it implies I actually care whether or not god exists.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 pyro1245

@thegerg: well for me to confirm that we would have to define what a god is. What's your definition of god? Is it an omnipresent being capable of creating worlds and overseeing entire populations. That could be accomplished with an advanced enough civilization in the eyes of a more primitive one. The creator of the universe? Who's to say the the universe wasn't destroyed and recreated as some scientific experiment gone horribly wrong. God status seems pretty relative to me. So what is a god?

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

My turn on this.

• Newer anime sucks (Don't pull that 'Attack on Titan' card on me.)
  • This generation of gaming sucks
  • The PC master race is just as bad as everyone else
  • People are becoming too sensitive in every way possible
  • People are becoming too cynical
  • Tumblr tastes like diabetes
  • Reddit is a joke
  • Players defending E-sports as a sport are dumb
  • DotA is better than LoL
  • Kingdom Hearts series is declining in quality
  • The Hobbit films weren't that good
  • JeremyJahns is horribly biased towards Nolan films
  • The law system is too soft on crime punishment
  • Religion is the product of people justifying their actions
binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 binpink
Member since 2009 • 9163 Posts

Children are undesirable. The movie Frozen was awful. Something about the idea of affirmative action doesn't sit right with me. Having to 'cover your plate' at a wedding is beyond ridiculous. Not a big fan of having "In God We Trust" on money, government buildings, schools, etc.

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

-I think dogs are satan's pet. I hate those flithy creatures. I hate them so much I have stopped dating guys because they have one.

- game of thrones is overrated garbage.

- 9/11 was an inside job

- Seth Myers isn't funny

-woody Allen is the most overrated director is history. There is nothing special about his movies.

-parents (not teachers) are at fault for our education system collapsing. Parents do not instill responsibility or work ethic in their kids when it comes to school.

-liberals and conservatives are both full of shit.

-moon landing was a hoax

-feminism has done more harm than good for women.

-150 Pokemon were more than enough.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Almost all Marvel films, aside from a couple, are average at best. (Though I do appreciate their effort.)

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Behardy24

@TehFuneral said:

@i_return said:

@TehFuneral said:

Humans suck.

Again, not unpopular AT ALL.

maybe not on OT. Say that in a workplace and the next thing you know you're fired.

I think most humans have come to the conclusion that we humans do suck (or at least aren't that great in a overall sense). But we usually admit that in our private minds. Like you said, saying that out loud in a conversation either in a classroom or a work place would probably get you weird stares.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By pyro1245

@thegerg said:

@pyro1245 said:

@thegerg: well for me to confirm that we would have to define what a god is. What's your definition of god? Is it an omnipresent being capable of creating worlds and overseeing entire populations. That could be accomplished with an advanced enough civilization in the eyes of a more primitive one. The creator of the universe? Who's to say the the universe wasn't destroyed and recreated as some scientific experiment gone horribly wrong. God status seems pretty relative to me. So what is a god?

My definition of god is not important in regards to whether you're a theist or not.

Since you are the one telling me I can either be a theist or not, I'd say it's important. If you can't define what a god is then you can't determine who is and is not a theist. Plus I'm just curious what you think.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

-The Rev was one of the best drummers ever.

-2001 A Space Odyssey might be the most boring movie I have ever watched.

-While he isn't the greatest, I have no idea what makes people flip out about Obama so much. In fact, it seems people who do so are pretty much always mis-informed/fucking stupid (seen a bumper sticker claiming gas was 1 something dollars when he took office which made me facepalm at how false that was).

-95% of music I come across on the radio blows these days. This includes new stuff AND old "classics" I hear on some channels. Swear there was a much better selection a few years ago.

-Her was a fucking AWFUL movie. Good acting and camerawork do not mean a movie is great people.

-On a similar not, American Hustle also sucked.

-The Conjuring is a better horror movie than any other horror movie you can name based on sheer terror factor.

-The Hobbit movies are actually pretty good, and in fact I would say Desolation was quite great and at the very LEAST better than Fellowship.

-American Dad is better than even classic Family Guy.

-The Walking Dead is actually a solid show that has managed to get better throughout the seasons.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 pyro1245

@thegerg: trouble is by some definitions I am a theist and other I am not. By others I am agnostic, meaning there is not enough info to determine the existence. That's a good list though.

1. Supreme being is relative from a cultural and technological standpoint. Perhaps the universe we know was created when a civilization accidentally imploded their original universe and the result was the big bang. The creators of the universe would be long since dead though. Number 1 could be plausible.
  2. Again, supreme being is relative, but I doubt a supreme being would concern itself with the affairs of mortals; and I really doubt one would try to pass on rules to form the framework of any religion. Number 2 is a no-go.
  3. This one could be just about anything; from the Egyptian Pharaohs to gods like those the Greeks had. They have cultural significance but that's about it. Pharaohs were real, the Greek gods were not.
  4. Again, like Greek or Norse gods. Studying them can give you insight into the people but they didn't actually exist.
  5. The supreme being in this case does not exist. Life, love, spirit, etc are all good but you don't need God for them.
  6. Images are quite real, and you don't need to be a god - or even good - to be idolized.
  7. Plenty of them through the ages.
pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 pyro1245

@thegerg: pretend I left that sentence out then

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

@helwa1988 said:

-I think dogs are satan's pet. I hate those flithy creatures. I hate them so much I have stopped dating guys because they have one.

- 9/11 was an inside job

- Seth Myers isn't funny

-woody Allen is the most overrated director is history. There is nothing special about his movies.

-parents (not teachers) are at fault for our education system collapsing. Parents do not instill responsibility or work ethic in their kids when it comes to school.

-moon landing was a hoax

Please elaborate.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 pyro1245

@thegerg: this conversation started because you said you were curious about what I thought, but you keep trying to argue semantics. Yes, the a in front of theist negates it, like a boolean variale. There are only two options.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#145 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@Laihendi said:

@groowagon said:

that all religions should be illegal. they prevent individuals to think logically.

Have you considered the possibility of religion being a symptom of people not thinking logically rather than a cause?

It works both ways.

When something is pushed onto a person from a young age...

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Behardy24

@PsychoLemons said:

@helwa1988 said:

- 9/11 was an inside job

- Seth Myers isn't funny

-moon landing was a hoax

Please elaborate.

The Truth is within the videos. #TheTruthIsOutThere

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

JyePhye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#147 JyePhye
Member since 2004 • 6173 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@JyePhye said:
@MirkoS77 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Christopher Nolan is overrated, Sylvester Stallone writes and directs better movies.

Is that supposed to be an insult? Stallone penned the script for Rocky. The guy is quite intelligent and talented.

He also directed Staying Alive, probably one of the worst movies of all time and definitely one of the worst sequels of all time.

Akira Kurosawa directed "Dreams". Danny Boyle directed "The Beach". Steven Spielberg directed "Hook".

A. "Dreams" and "The Beach" aren't great, but they're also no "Staying Alive".

B. That last one doesn't even belong in there. Hook is awesome.

C. The majority of Stallone movies aren't particularly good. Yes. there are exceptions (Rocky and Rambo), but a large quantity of his work is relatively lackluster. Especially when held up next to Nolan's. I think that comparison in particular is silly anyway, because Nolan is strictly a director, and they also come from entirely different eras and -- most often -- approaches to film-making.

But, unpopular opinions: we're all entitled to them. ;)

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

-Console gaming far superior to PC gaming.I can't believe all these PC maniacs in SW.

-Real Madrid are just a bunch of 100-million-euro losers gathered together.Atletico is the best team at the moment.

-Iran should possess nuclear weapons.When all sides are equipped with the destructive power of nuclear weapons, neither side dares use it against any other, knowing that the opposition can easily retaliate; and hence the ultimate nuclear deterrence.

-Homosexuallity is an illness, rather mental than physical.The so-called gay rights that is being shouted for in the West, is just a secret cover-up for the fact that the current science fails to find a cure to this illness.That said, I should add that the very few homosexual people I've crossed paths have been of high rationality.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#149  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58632 Posts
@JyePhye said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@JyePhye said:
@MirkoS77 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

A. "Dreams" and "The Beach" aren't great, but they're also no "Staying Alive".

B. That last one doesn't even belong in there. Hook is awesome.

C. The majority of Stallone movies aren't particularly good. Yes. there are exceptions (Rocky and Rambo), but a large quantity of his work is relatively lackluster. Especially when held up next to Nolan's. I think that comparison in particular is silly anyway, because Nolan is strictly a director, and they also come from entirely different eras and -- most often -- approaches to film-making.

But, unpopular opinions: we're all entitled to them. ;)

Hook was a critical and commercial flop. The Beach was overwhelmingly negative and "Dreams" was directed by an almost blind, dead Akira Kurosawa. The point here wasn't "these directer are bad" but "everyone has bumps" and that it is not entirely fair to attempt to tar someone with a single movie.

Looking at "Man Of Steel" and the response it tended to side towards `"it's awesome" or opt to blame Zack Snider as opposed to Christopher Nolan.

I wouldn't agree at all Silvester Stallone movies are mostly bad. Going strictly by directing, 8 movies have been directed with 4 of these being Rocky and one of these being Rambo.

Both Rocky and Rambo ran up to the 2000's with "Rocky Balboa" being a direct sequel to the 1976 movie. Perhaps I didn't make it clear but that wasn't the main point of contention, it was "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Rocky 3". Regardless of the gap in time, these are actually very similar movies. The reception however, is different, both movies are critically well received but "The Dark Knight Rises" received far higher accolades. Symptomatic of the massive undeserving favor Nolan gets while poor old sly will get slated when he basically done what that movie done, 30 years ago, and better.

No offense friend but I think your post is a fairly perfect example of that. It automatically opted to dirtiest underpants that could be displayed and pretty much disregarded criticism of "well respect" directors. To me that's absolutely favoritism.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#150 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

I don't care for FPS games or RPG games.