The society gets the criminality it deserves.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheTerribleFish
TheTerribleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheTerribleFish
Member since 2005 • 1793 Posts
Discuss Topic^ Pretty interesting thought, and I'm somehow for it. I don't buy the "he was born bad" excuse for criminals that easily.
TheTerribleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheTerribleFish
*shock paddles the thread, giving it a second chance*
zombiemenace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zombiemenace
Member since 2007 • 1026 Posts

*shock paddles the thread, giving it a second chance*TheTerribleFish

LOL

PercivalCox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PercivalCox
Member since 2007 • 985 Posts

This thread needs to be more like my grandma.

Just let her die with some dignity.  And for heaven's sake, someone put her wig back on!

maheo30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 maheo30
Member since 2006 • 5102 Posts
Well, I'll try CPR on it. When you have judges in Vermont giving 4 year old rapists probation you get what you deserve. But speak a racial slur to a muslim? Oh, that's 10 years buddy. Now I don't condone hate speech, but what is wrong with that picture?
Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Caviglia
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts

I think it is certainly true that society creates crime.

Such inequality exists under the globalised economy, it is this poverty that drives people to crime. In the UK, where I live, 70% of prisoners suffer from 2 or more psychological disorders whilst 70% are unemployed at the time of conviction. There is a direct link between crime and lack of spending on welfare, in the US which spends the lowest proportion of its wealth on welfare and consequently has the highest prison population in the world. Spending on education (in Britain half of the prison population has a reading age of below 11 years old), health and housing would reduce the social problems from which crime springs.

The response to crime, prison, simply does not work. It is akin to trapping an animal in a cage, it becomes angry, agitated and more reclusive and detached. Again in the UK 67% of prisoners re-offend within 2 years of release, the prisons are overcrowded. Added to this is the institutional racism of the prison system and police service, a final fact: in the UK Blacks are 6 times more likely to be jailed than their white counterparts. Some may argue this on the sickening basis of racial superiority, but yet again it is society that causes this. Alongside all the socio-economic and political problems the white working-class face there is the added burden of racism which provides a scapegoat for politicians and diverts attention away from their own failings.

It seems from the responses on offer that your thread will fade into obscurity, a shame considering it actually addresses a topic of worth.

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
I will have to disagree, for the one reason that if you look at Florida, it's more or less crime-free. Sure, that's an exaggeration but in comparison to other places, the police have a heck of an easy time. 78% of all crime that takes place in Florida takes place during the Spring Break. Simply because the state is invaded by teens who dont know how to have a good time without vandalising something.
Varese_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Varese_basic
Member since 2002 • 6785 Posts
umm yea people can be consciously immoral. For every whistle blower there is a 100 people who keep their mouth shut.
Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Caviglia

I will have to disagree, for the one reason that if you look at Florida, it's more or less crime-free. Sure, that's an exaggeration but in comparison to other places, the police have a heck of an easy time. 78% of all crime that takes place in Florida takes place during the Spring Break. Simply because the state is invaded by teens who dont know how to have a good time without vandalising something.Ninja-Vox

And may I ask the economic make-up of Florida? Are many of the residents wealthy?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I will have to disagree, for the one reason that if you look at Florida, it's more or less crime-free. Sure, that's an exaggeration but in comparison to other places, the police have a heck of an easy time. 78% of all crime that takes place in Florida takes place during the Spring Break. Simply because the state is invaded by teens who dont know how to have a good time without vandalising something.Ninja-Vox

Dude, Miami has tons of crime.

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ninja-Vox
Well, I'll try CPR on it. When you have judges in Vermont giving 4 year old rapists probation you get what you deserve. But speak a racial slur to a muslim? Oh, that's 10 years buddy. Now I don't condone hate speech, but what is wrong with that picture? maheo30
4 year old rapists? :|

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]I will have to disagree, for the one reason that if you look at Florida, it's more or less crime-free. Sure, that's an exaggeration but in comparison to other places, the police have a heck of an easy time. 78% of all crime that takes place in Florida takes place during the Spring Break. Simply because the state is invaded by teens who dont know how to have a good time without vandalising something.Caviglia

And may I ask the economic make-up of Florida? Are many of the residents wealthy?

98% of people in Florida are 85 and older.

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ninja-Vox

[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]I will have to disagree, for the one reason that if you look at Florida, it's more or less crime-free. Sure, that's an exaggeration but in comparison to other places, the police have a heck of an easy time. 78% of all crime that takes place in Florida takes place during the Spring Break. Simply because the state is invaded by teens who dont know how to have a good time without vandalising something.sonicare

Dude, Miami has tons of crime.

I was just quoting an article i was looking at in College last week.
Varese_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Varese_basic

Such inequality exists under the globalised economy, it is this poverty that drives people to crime. In the UK, where I live, 70% of prisoners suffer from 2 or more psychological disorders whilst 70% are unemployed at the time of conviction. There is a direct link between crime and lack of spending on welfare, in the US which spends the lowest proportion of its wealth on welfare and consequently has the highest prison population in the world. Spending on education (in Britain half of the prison population has a reading age of below 11 years old), health and housing would reduce the social problems from which crime springs.

The response to crime, prison, simply does not work. It is akin to trapping an animal in a cage, it becomes angry, agitated and more reclusive and detached. Again in the UK 67% of prisoners re-offend within 2 years of release, the prisons are overcrowded. Added to this is the institutional racism of the prison system and police service, a final fact: in the UK Blacks are 6 times more likely to be jailed than their white counterparts. Some may argue this on the sickening basis of racial superiority, but yet again it is society that causes this. Alongside all the socio-economic and political problems the white working-class face there is the added burden of racism which provides a scapegoat for politicians and diverts attention away from their own failings.

It seems from the responses on offer that your thread will fade into obscurity, a shame considering it actually addresses a topic of worth.

Caviglia

Yea in the UK its kinda surreal. UK privatized the rail system and people couldn't get anywhere because of cancellations but you were supposed to think everything is ok. ugh. There is a book called "dark heart" or something? It's about what you are talking about.
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
Are you trying to say that it's good that a few rotten eggs are ruining it for everyone else?
maheo30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 maheo30
Member since 2006 • 5102 Posts
LOL, I suck at typing ok Ninja-Vox? I think you got the point.
Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Caviglia
[QUOTE="Caviglia"]

Varese_basic

Yea in the UK its kinda surreal. UK privatized the rail system and people couldn't get anywhere because of cancellations but you were supposed to think everything is ok. ugh. There is a book called "dark heart" or something? It's about what you are talking about.

The damage spreads far further than the privitised rail system and far further than the UK. These problems exist throughout the world due to the neo-liberal economic system that governs it. I'm not sure what exactly you mean by 'people couldn't get anywhere' but I would suspect that it has something to do with the out-of-town estates built in the 1960s and 70s. With the privitisation of public transport in the 1980s many people could not afford to travel to work in the cities and with job prospects decidedly low in these areas they were driven to a life of crime and poverty, however transport is only a very small facet of the bigger picture. 

Varese_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Varese_basic
Are you trying to say that it's good that a few rotten eggs are ruining it for everyone else?nickmag
It's not a few there is a bunch. Don't you think the rich are more human than you?
Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Caviglia

Are you trying to say that it's good that a few rotten eggs are ruining it for everyone else?nickmag

I believe the topic creator is stating that society creates these 'few rotten eggs'. Aside from a bonafide sect of criminals most are simply victims of the system.

Varese_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Varese_basic
[QUOTE="Varese_basic"][QUOTE="Caviglia"]

Caviglia

The damage spreads far further than the privitised rail system and far further than the UK. These problems exist throughout the world due to the neo-liberal economic system that governs it. I'm not sure what exactly you mean by 'people couldn't get anywhere' but I would suspect that it has something to do with the out-of-town estates built in the 1960s and 70s. With the privitisation of public transport in the 1980s many people could not afford to travel to work in the cities and with job prospects decidedly low in these areas they were driven to a life of crime and poverty, however transport is only a very small facet of the bigger picture. 

I read this: http://www.davidsmail.freeuk.com/intpub.htm sorry can't link, you can highlight and ctrl C then go to address bar and ctrl V.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

[QUOTE="nickmag"]Are you trying to say that it's good that a few rotten eggs are ruining it for everyone else?Caviglia

I believe the topic creator is stating that society creates these 'few rotten eggs'. Aside from a bonafide sect of criminals most are simply victims of the system.

That's a pretty ideological way of looking at things.

Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Caviglia
[QUOTE="Caviglia"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]I will have to disagree, for the one reason that if you look at Florida, it's more or less crime-free. Sure, that's an exaggeration but in comparison to other places, the police have a heck of an easy time. 78% of all crime that takes place in Florida takes place during the Spring Break. Simply because the state is invaded by teens who dont know how to have a good time without vandalising something.sonicare

98% of people in Florida are 85 and older.

Random facts aside, I would be interested to know demographics of Florida in relation to wealth. It is almost certain that the wealthy have the funds to separate themselves from the socio-economic problems that the poor are saddled with. I suspect many of the wealthy live in large homes away from the areas of danger (living on hill-tops to avoid mudslides, flooding et cetera) and surround these homes with security provisions such as fences, alarms, CCTV and so forth.

Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Caviglia

I read this: http://www.davidsmail.freeuk.com/intpub.htm sorry can't link, you can highlight and ctrl C then go to address bar and ctrl V.Varese_basic

I shall have to bookmark this for future reading, thank you.

Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Caviglia
[QUOTE="Caviglia"]

[QUOTE="nickmag"]Are you trying to say that it's good that a few rotten eggs are ruining it for everyone else?sonicare

What do you think are the causes of crime?

TheTerribleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheTerribleFish
[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="Caviglia"]

[QUOTE="nickmag"]Are you trying to say that it's good that a few rotten eggs are ruining it for everyone else?Caviglia

I will leave the topic to this guy. It's in good hands. :)
sidler88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sidler88
Member since 2006 • 724 Posts
Well, I'll try CPR on it. When you have judges in Vermont giving 4 year old rapists probation you get what you deserve. But speak a racial slur to a muslim? Oh, that's 10 years buddy. Now I don't condone hate speech, but what is wrong with that picture? maheo30
you are an insightful man.,. i just wish more politicians thought this logically
Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Caviglia
[QUOTE="Caviglia"][QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="Caviglia"]

[QUOTE="nickmag"]Are you trying to say that it's good that a few rotten eggs are ruining it for everyone else?TheTerribleFish

I don't mean to hijack, terribly sorry.

TheTerribleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheTerribleFish
[QUOTE="TheTerribleFish"][QUOTE="Caviglia"][QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="Caviglia"]

I don't mean to hijack, terribly sorry.

No problem at all. I said discuss, and that's what you are doing. :)
jm4847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 jm4847
Member since 2006 • 3535 Posts
It's 60-40, You can't blame it all on one side... and I don't think imprisonment is helping. It's a cruel and barbaric punishment...
DaveGamer_05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 DaveGamer_05
Member since 2005 • 18823 Posts
Ninja-Vox!?! I miss you..:oops: