The Psychology of Murder.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JJ4545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JJ4545
Member since 2006 • 3015 Posts
I've always wondered what causes people to kill adults, children, and animals. The type of person I wonder about is those who do it in sprees of three or more victims. The brutal torture and murder of the children in the Moors Murders is one example. Why on earth they would do something like that is beyond my comprehension. Some sort of feeling of power or superiority? Anyway, even though I've never really respected psychology as a practice, I was wondering if any of you guys could clear this up.
RoflSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RoflSponge
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts
I don't know but someone just told me my hair makes me look psycho because its spikey lmao.
Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Apollo5000
Member since 2005 • 18782 Posts
Personally not a lot would provoke me to murder, so its not out the realms of possibility that i would kill someone. But I imagine like most things that tolerance differs from person to person. I've not really experienced a lot of troubling trauma in my life and i'm not on the verge of mental breakdowns or such things. But take someone with a low tolerance for murder, an troubled background, mental instability and a motive then theres no limit to the amount of people they could tally up. Sadly though the recipe for a murderer is different for every person they have different reasons and wants that motivate them into their kills for revenge to fetish so there isn't a solid answer for this question, just a lot of varying theories.
metalgearlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 metalgearlover
Member since 2006 • 1749 Posts
Well it depends why your murdering. Cereal killers for example have psychological issues. They often kill for amusement. Then theres the often "snap and kill" when someone gets you angry a certain extent. Thats not necessarily tied with mental issues. Same with those who kill wives and family members. Those people are nervous wrecks and for some reason feel as if death was the only way out of an unhealthy relationship. Then those who slaughter animals are either one or the other raised that way (in a hunting environment or perhaps their parents were a butcher ect..). But that can also be related to insanity to a certain degree. The human mind is an interesting thing, and how it was developed in its years of existence reflects upon its decisions and actions it will cause you to undergo. Your not always born with insanity. It can happen passively over time. Thats all I'm saying. Hope I cleared a few things up :)
RogerC44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#5 RogerC44
Member since 2006 • 2504 Posts
Some people do it for fun, others do it to avenge someone else, and others do it for robbery etc.
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
depends on the person.
204259106jk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 204259106jk
Member since 2007 • 471 Posts
Typically the environment in which they were brought up has a major impact on their character. They are afflicted and tormented by past events in their life which override their morality.
nuttybar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 nuttybar
Member since 2005 • 9624 Posts
One contributing factor can be if their pre frontal lobe in their brain gets damaged.  This lobe works as a stopper, preventing you from doing immoral things.
Bampaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bampaz
Member since 2007 • 500 Posts
A guy gets pissed off plus some brain damages and that's all, he does murder.
xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xXBuffJeffXx
Member since 2006 • 5913 Posts
I think you'd find Crime and Punishment a very good read.
yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts

they shoudl wait 24hrs before killing someone, because after that they usually arn't angry and are calm.

lurquor_habit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lurquor_habit
Member since 2007 • 210 Posts

hey there! do you want to end someone's life entirely? you might be a completely psychotic douchebag!

reasons for psychosis have seem to have been discussed. seems most serial killers have "troubled childhoods." 

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Well, in terms of serial killers, there is one common factor: Anti-social personality disorder.

It really is the only truly dangerous mental disorder. Someone with ASPD does not give a damn about what the rules of society are and what others think of them. Worse yet, they have very strange ways of justifying their actions, even murder.

A good example of this is the BTK killer, who had a false sense of pride in the way he comforted his victims as he was killing them. 

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
A lot of the time they are a bit deranged from growing up. I mean most people have thought about killing other people but that is usually out of pure rage and anger at that person but most of us wouldn't even think of actually doing it. Also many people want to "live on the edge" and may have mental problems and feel they want to see if they can do it. I myself have though about performing the perfect murder and not to leave any evidence but I would never actually do it. Unless that person had killed someone close to me. I could have a lot of people die a horrible death but I would perform it. But most people who torture others are usually messed up in the brain. A lot of people want others dead, like myself, but would not do it.