The O'rielly Factor gave me a great idea

#1 Posted by playmynutz (6340 posts) -

Bernie Goldberg just said:

Email your university chairman and tell him you are hurt because the institute doesn't reflect your ethics.

Goldberg was talking about school diversity. He said if the school does not respect your diversity let them know because they take money.

I need to let my university know my feelings.

Think there is a point to emailing them?

Thesis somewhat like; I don't think the university is diverse, ethical, or respectful towards me.

#2 Posted by whipassmt (14400 posts) -

What did Bill Goldberg say?

#3 Posted by Makhaidos (2162 posts) -

The school doesn't have to respect your ethics if your ethics are unethical.

#4 Edited by TruthTellers (3393 posts) -
@playmynutz said:
I need to let my university know my feelings.

Think there is a point to emailing them?

Thesis somewhat like; I don't think the university is diverse, ethical, or respectful towards me.

I don't think the University cares what you think. Your sole voice is about as effective as spitting at the USS Enterprise. Don't waste your time.

#5 Edited by playmynutz (6340 posts) -

@TruthTellers: you're right people don't care. It's okay I'll blend back into the crowd

#6 Edited by TruthTellers (3393 posts) -

@playmynutz:

I'm assuming you already knew that but just wanted to make a topic to see what people would say. Correct?

#7 Edited by dave123321 (34363 posts) -

Don't do it

#8 Posted by Iszdope (10925 posts) -

Do it.

#9 Edited by Master_Live (15747 posts) -

You either do or do not. There is no try.

#10 Edited by Iszdope (10925 posts) -

Amen.

Edit: Ave Sathanas!

#11 Edited by playmynutz (6340 posts) -

Bernard Goldberg is serious about school diversity check this: Bernardgoldberg.com

"Christine Lagarde, the first woman to head the International Monetary Fund was supposed to speak at the Smith College graduation – until she was disinvited. Her offense, according to a student petition: Representing an organization that runs “directly against Smith’s values to stand in unity with equality for all women, regardless of race, ethnicity or class.” - See more at: http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/liberal-authoritarians-campus/#sthash.wXiaKa4t.dpuf"

If gamespot off topic thinks it's worth an email to my university I will do it.

#12 Edited by Master_Live (15747 posts) -

I think it is worth an email to your university.

#13 Edited by limpbizkit818 (15044 posts) -

@playmynutz said:

Bernard Goldberg is serious about school diversity check this: Bernardgoldberg.com

"Christine Lagarde, the first woman to head the International Monetary Fund was supposed to speak at the Smith College graduation – until she was disinvited. Her offense, according to a student petition: Representing an organization that runs “directly against Smith’s values to stand in unity with equality for all women, regardless of race, ethnicity or class.” - See more at: http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/liberal-authoritarians-campus/#sthash.wXiaKa4t.dpuf"

Should not these students be asking her to speak? To engage and challenge Ms. Lagarde on her views? This reflects poorly on the University: your students flee from open discourse and instead move to silence the opposition like an unruly mob. Four years of schooling wasted..........

#14 Edited by Wilfred_Owen (20914 posts) -

Don't email. Show up to the deans office naked.

#15 Edited by comp_atkins (31966 posts) -

@limpbizkit818 said:

@playmynutz said:

Should not these students be asking her to speak? To engage and challenge Ms. Lagarde on her views? This reflects poorly on the University: your students flee from open discourse and instead move to silence the opposition like an unruly mob. Four years of schooling wasted..........

+1

#16 Posted by whipassmt (14400 posts) -

@playmynutz said:

Is your university Smith? I do think disinviting speakers that have already been inviting generally reflects poorly on the university. The idea of a student petition against Lagarde, because she heads the IMF, is a bit narrow-minded. And the accusation that the IMF "runs directly against Smith's values to stand in unity with equality for all women, regardless of race, ethnicity, or class" is rather vague? what does it mean to "stand in unity with equality for all women..."?