"The Interview" has been scrapped

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@Master_Live said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

It's one thing to say they scrapped the project, it's another to say that they aren't sticking with the original release date. From the article in the link:

"“In light of the decision by the majority of our exhibitors not to show the film The Interview, we have decided not to move forward with the planned December 25 theatrical release. We respect and understand our partners’ decision and, of course, completely share their paramount interest in the safety of employees and theater-goers."

Title of article: It’s Official: Sony Scraps ‘The Interview’

What actually happened: Since the majority of theaters aren't willing to show the movie, it seems that Sony was forced to cancel the Dec. 25th release date. There still is the possibility of DVD/Blu-ray sales and VOD.

"Sony Pictures Entertainment has chosen to stand down for “The Interview,” deciding against releasing the Seth Rogen-James Franco comedy in any form — including VOD or DVD, as U.S. officials reportedly link Sony’s massive cyber attack to North Korea.

“Sony Pictures has no further release plans for the film,” a spokesman said Wednesday."

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/sony-has-no-further-release-plans-for-the-interview-1201382167/

Possible, but then again, many things are possible.

Cowards. Sell the rights to the film to somebody who has a sack.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

@TheWalkingGhost: the parent company seems irrelevant to the thread direction

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

This is probably the only time I'll ever say this about anyone or anything:

Panzy ass wimps.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

what wusses.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#55 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@Jacanuk said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Born_Lucky said:

Cuba and North Korea

Communists - 2

America - 0

US has nothing to do with Sony's decision.....

And neither are communist. Also Sony is Japanese not American.

Oh and Cuba is a win for US not them as they came to us out of economic need. This new agreement between the USA and Cuba could lead the way for that parties ouster and a new model taking over.

Ehhh what? Cuba is most definitely considered to be a communistic regime and so is North Korea.

Also US certainly have something to do with this decision, its american movie theaters who decided not to show this. Its made by Hollywood and its Sony America who have decided to not release it.

America sure has become the land of the weak.... this sets a dangerous precedent and shows that terrorists can win.

Americans rarely know what communism is. Just because the USA considers you something doesn't mean you are. North Korea is Juche and at best Stalinist which is a bastardization of communism and not true communist.

The US government had zero to do with it, this is a free and capitalist country and the government can't stop them from not airing something. Sony is Japanese,Sony Pictures Entertainment is behind this and they are owned by a Japanese company.

Cuba isn't terrorist. But this doesn't affect the US government as it's not the government that chickened out, it was wussy theaters. You can't bully the US government this easily, theaters yes. Maybe if the government protected our border and Obama didn't end our agreement with ICann they wouldn't have peed their pants.

Well, to bad for the americans. I on the other know perfectly well what communism is and both Cuba and North Korea use the ideology and by that is considered to be communistic. You could do yourself a favor by reading Karl Marx´s Das Capital

Also of course the US gov. had something to do with this, you think Sony America just took a finger in the air and tried to guess which way the wind blows. Of course not, you can be 100% sure that the Us gov. have had meetings with Sony not to mention that they have made public statements regarding the whole incident and apparently someone thinks this is more than idle threats.

But i fail to see how Cuba has anything to do with what North Korea and a hacker group presumed to be either NK agents or North Koreans who actually believe in their system.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@Master_Live said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

It's one thing to say they scrapped the project, it's another to say that they aren't sticking with the original release date. From the article in the link:

"“In light of the decision by the majority of our exhibitors not to show the film The Interview, we have decided not to move forward with the planned December 25 theatrical release. We respect and understand our partners’ decision and, of course, completely share their paramount interest in the safety of employees and theater-goers."

What actually happened: Since the majority of theaters aren't willing to show the movie, it seems that Sony was forced to cancel the Dec. 25th release date. There still is the possibility of DVD/Blu-ray sales and VOD.

"Sony Pictures Entertainment has chosen to stand down for “The Interview,” deciding against releasing the Seth Rogen-James Franco comedy in any form — including VOD or DVD, as U.S. officials reportedly link Sony’s massive cyber attack to North Korea.

“Sony Pictures has no further release plans for the film,” a spokesman said Wednesday."

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/sony-has-no-further-release-plans-for-the-interview-1201382167/

I can understand theater, but even VOD or DVD? They should at least do that.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TheWalkingGhost

@Jacanuk said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@Jacanuk said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Born_Lucky said:

Cuba and North Korea

Communists - 2

America - 0

US has nothing to do with Sony's decision.....

And neither are communist. Also Sony is Japanese not American.

Oh and Cuba is a win for US not them as they came to us out of economic need. This new agreement between the USA and Cuba could lead the way for that parties ouster and a new model taking over.

Ehhh what? Cuba is most definitely considered to be a communistic regime and so is North Korea.

Also US certainly have something to do with this decision, its american movie theaters who decided not to show this. Its made by Hollywood and its Sony America who have decided to not release it.

America sure has become the land of the weak.... this sets a dangerous precedent and shows that terrorists can win.

Americans rarely know what communism is. Just because the USA considers you something doesn't mean you are. North Korea is Juche and at best Stalinist which is a bastardization of communism and not true communist.

The US government had zero to do with it, this is a free and capitalist country and the government can't stop them from not airing something. Sony is Japanese,Sony Pictures Entertainment is behind this and they are owned by a Japanese company.

Cuba isn't terrorist. But this doesn't affect the US government as it's not the government that chickened out, it was wussy theaters. You can't bully the US government this easily, theaters yes. Maybe if the government protected our border and Obama didn't end our agreement with ICann they wouldn't have peed their pants.

Well, to bad for the americans. I on the other know perfectly well what communism is and both Cuba and North Korea use the ideology and by that is considered to be communistic. You could do yourself a favor by reading Karl Marx´s Das Capital

Also of course the US gov. had something to do with this, you think Sony America just took a finger in the air and tried to guess which way the wind blows. Of course not, you can be 100% sure that the Us gov. have had meetings with Sony not to mention that they have made public statements regarding the whole incident and apparently someone thinks this is more than idle threats.

But i fail to see how Cuba has anything to do with what North Korea and a hacker group presumed to be either NK agents or North Koreans who actually believe in their system.

Read up on North Korea, they call themselves Juche and is considered Stalinist. Read up on communism and learn what it is before preaching. There is no 100% true communist nations. And just because you claim communism doesn't mean you are.

Prove it. When did these meetings take place, provide a link. And the comments said there was no credible evidence. Sony axed the film due to theaters caving, if they didn't then the movie would have gone out as planned. The burden of proof is on you, show what involvement the US had beyond some statements.

You brought up Cuba, so I replied. But nice ignoring the rest.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Regal and AMC already said they wouldn't air the film. The film would have done poorly without major theaters airing it. It's best that they scrap it to avoid any possible future controversy.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@Born_Lucky said:

Cuba and North Korea

Communists - 2

America - 0

score 1 to the U.S. for major role in imploding Russia and another one for whacking 3 Isis leaders today :)

Cuba is debatable.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@StrifeDelivery said:

That actually makes a lot more sense. At first I thought they were scrapping it altogether, and that they planned to not release it, but then I quickly realized that they just scrapped the plans for a theatrical release because the theater chains sort of forced their hand on that (can't release it if no one's gonna show it).

I'm sure they're gonna release it, but it'll probably take a little bit of time for them to figure out how they want to go about that.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MrGeezer

@StrifeDelivery said:

@Master_Live said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

I can understand theater, but even VOD or DVD? They should at least do that.

Oops, I spoke too soon.

Not releasing it AT ALL? Seriously?

Or does them saying that they have no release plans just mean that they haven't currently figured out how they plan to release it?

Anyway, I was all for saying that Sony doesn't really share the blame here, but if they're seriously saying that they plan to never release it (as opposed to saying that they don't yet have any plans for how it's going to be released), then **** Sony too. That's not the theater chains forcing Sony's hand, that's Sony chickening out.

I mean, hell...even if most major stores like Wal-Mart were to refuse to stock the DVDs, I'm sure that would hurt DVD sales too. Which I suspect would mean having to make fewer DVD copies, which would cut into the profits from each copy. Still, I bought Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror on DVD. If shitty-ass companies can make shitty ass movies like that (movies that can't possibly selling many copies), then releasing DVD's can't be THAT expensive that it's not profitable even with a relatively small number of copies sold. If nothing else, just print fewer DVD copies of the movie, stick 'em in a Sony warehouse, then make a cheap page where people can order it and have the DVD's shipped to their homes. Easy, and it cuts out having to deal with theater chains or retail stores that might not want to be associated with the product.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jacanuk

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@Jacanuk said:

Read up on North Korea, they call themselves Juche and is considered Stalinist. Read up on communism and learn what it is before preaching. There is no 100% true communist nations. And just because you claim communism doesn't mean you are.

Prove it. When did these meetings take place, provide a link. And the comments said there was no credible evidence. Sony axed the film due to theaters caving, if they didn't then the movie would have gone out as planned. The burden of proof is on you, show what involvement the US had beyond some statements.

I have read up on North Korea and i know what their countries political system is built on, and it doesn't matter what they call themselves, when its all coming from the same branch of thinking that began with Karl Marx who is widely known as the father of communism.

Why do you think every factbook about North Korea describes it as "Communist state one-man dictatorship" .

As to the meetings why would i need to prove something that is commonsense? you really think Sony just out of the blue themselves would pull a movie without first getting intel on how credible the threat was not to mention report the hacker attack in the first place.

And no actually you brought up Cuba and North Korea in a failed attempt to somehow tell others that those two countries are not communists.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TheWalkingGhost

@Jacanuk said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@Jacanuk said:

I have read up on North Korea and i know what their countries political system is built on, and it doesn't matter what they call themselves, when its all coming from the same branch of thinking that began with Karl Marx who is widely known as the father of communism.

Why do you think every factbook about North Korea describes it as "Communist state one-man dictatorship" .

As to the meetings why would i need to prove something that is commonsense? you really think Sony just out of the blue themselves would pull a movie without first getting intel on how credible the threat was not to mention report the hacker attack in the first place.

And no actually you brought up Cuba and North Korea in a failed attempt to somehow tell others that those two countries are not communists.

1. Communism (from Latin communis – common, universal)is a socioeconomic system structured upon common ownership of the means of production and characterized by the absence of social classes, money,and the state; as well as a social, political and economic ideology and movement that aims to establish this social order.

Neither nation fits this nor tries to. True communism is stateless. The rest doesn't deserve acknowledgement.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@TheWalkingGhost said:

1. Communism (from Latin communis – common, universal)is a socioeconomic system structured upon common ownership of the means of production and characterized by the absence of social classes, money,and the state; as well as a social, political and economic ideology and movement that aims to establish this social order.

Neither nation fits this nor tries to. True communism is stateless. The rest doesn't deserve acknowledgement.

Semantics argument really? In the realm of socioeconomic structures as practiced they fit communism. Does it have to be the ideal ideology to use that word? No. Language is alive. It adapts.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

fucking unbelievable.

there may not be one greater human right in the constitution than the protection of free speech.

sony or amc or anyone else that capitulated to this threat will never see another penny from me.

as americans the last thing we should give a **** about is the threat of injury in the face of protecting free speech.

and yes it is a shame that it is over some stupid stoner roganfranco picture but that part does not really matter.

the smallest erosion of free speech is a very very big deal.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

FBI have said they think it was North Korea now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-30555997

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Jacanuk

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@Jacanuk said:

Of course both countries fit , just because their way of communist ideologies have evolved doesn't mean they suddenly are no longer communistic.

So nice try but you do really need to go back to the books and come up with something better than that if you want to rewrite the definition used for those 2.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

fucking unbelievable.

there may not be one greater human right in the constitution than the protection of free speech.

sony or amc or anyone else that capitulated to this threat will never see another penny from me.

as americans the last thing we should give a **** about is the threat of injury in the face of protecting free speech.

and yes it is a shame that it is over some stupid stoner roganfranco picture but that part does not really matter.

Well, to be clear Sony Pictures was victimized for daring to create and green light this project with North Korea as a subject. It could have been any film company. Sony Pictures didn’t pull the movie because they were scared; they pulled the movie because all the theaters said they were not going to run it. Sony Pictures said they were not going to run it because they talked to their lawyers and those lawyers said if somebody dies in one of these screenings, then Sony was going to be responsible.

This is a very big deal with regards to free speech, but you are looking to blame in the wrong direction. The terrorist attacks and North Korea are the issue here. After multiple chains opted to cancel the movie, Sony was left with little choice but to pull the movie.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SolidTy
@PcGamingRig said:

Good.

Obama vows US response to Sony hack

President Barack Obama has vowed a US response after North Korea's alleged cyber-attack on Sony Pictures.

On Friday US authorities linked North Korea to the hack, which saw sensitive studio information publicly released.

Sony withdrew the film The Interview following continued threats.

"We will respond," Mr Obama told reporters on Friday, declining to offer specifics. "We will respond proportionately and in a space, time and manner that we choose."

He added: "We cannot have a society in which some dictator someplace can start imposing censorship in the United States..." (more in link)

---

Some other news:

AMC is an international company with that sees 200 million guests annually through the doors of its more than 300 locations.

Regal is the United States largest movie chain.

Here's a timeline:

Carmike theatres became the first theater chain to scrap showing The Interview. It was a PR move and other chains saw it also as a way to guarantee their guests safety.

Next, AMC and Cineplex has made their pulling of The Interview official.

Next, Regal and Cinemark pulled the film.

Next, Bow Tie Cinemas and Carmike Cinemas that they also are pulling the movie.

Eventually, Sony had no choice but to pull the movie rather than show it in a few tiny theatres.

Still, Sony hasn't given up.

The Sony Pictures CEO Lynton said this TODAY:

"We have not caved, we have not given in, we have persevered and we have not backed down. We have always had every desire to have the American public to see this movie..."

There's more: Paramount Cancels ‘Team America’ Showings, Theaters Say. No one wants to take on North Korea now.

George Clooney is speaking up on the matter and here's what he had to say yesterday:

https://deadline.com/2014/12/george-clooney-sony-hollywood-cowardice-north-korea-cyberattack-petition-1201329988/

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@Storm_Marine said:

What? WHAT? Are you freaking serious? Are they that scared of North Korea?

It's not that they're afraid. They know it's most likely a BS threat... But in the small chance there actually was an attack, it would be innocent people in movie theaters dying, not the people directly responsible for making the movie.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 TheWalkingGhost

@Jacanuk said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@Jacanuk said:

Of course both countries fit , just because their way of communist ideologies have evolved doesn't mean they suddenly are no longer communistic.

So nice try but you do really need to go back to the books and come up with something better than that if you want to rewrite the definition used for those 2.

Is that all you got? YES THEY ARE BECAUSE I SAID SO! You have yet to actually prove anything, not even tried to, just rewrite communism which the source material hasn't changed since written and never enforced full and bastardized for centuries. But according to you that doesn't matter.

@LJS9502_basic said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

Semantics argument really? In the realm of socioeconomic structures as practiced they fit communism. Does it have to be the ideal ideology to use that word? No. Language is alive. It adapts.

And yet again nobody is making an attempt to prove anything, and also ignore entire words. This is over, they are bastardizations of communism (feel free to pretend I never said that) and not true communism. And since neither you feel the need to try and disprove that, it's final. I am done with this and moving on to the thread topic. Troll among yourselves.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TheWalkingGhost

@SolidTy said:
@PcGamingRig said:

Good.

Obama vows US response to Sony hack

President Barack Obama has vowed a US response after North Korea's alleged cyber-attack on Sony Pictures.

On Friday US authorities linked North Korea to the hack, which saw sensitive studio information publicly released.

Sony withdrew the film The Interview following continued threats.

"We will respond," Mr Obama told reporters on Friday, declining to offer specifics. "We will respond proportionately and in a space, time and manner that we choose."

He added: "We cannot have a society in which some dictator someplace can start imposing censorship in the United States..." (more in link)

An Obama threat? OH TEH NOES!! What is he going to do? Wag his finger?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 LJS9502_basic

@TheWalkingGhost: *yawn* Your entire argument is because YOU said so.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

fucking unbelievable.

Well, to be clear Sony Pictures was victimized for daring to create and green light this project with North Korea as a subject. It could have been any film company. Sony Pictures didn’t pull the movie because they were scared; they pulled the movie because all the theaters said they were not going to run it. Sony Pictures said they were not going to run it because they talked to their lawyers and those lawyers said if somebody dies in one of these screenings, then Sony was going to be responsible.

This is a very big deal with regards to free speech, but you are looking to blame in the wrong direction. The terrorist attacks and North Korea are the issue here. After multiple chains opted to cancel the movie, Sony was left with little choice but to pull the movie.

“Sony Pictures has no further release plans for the film,”

http://deadline.com/2014/12/sony-hack-the-interview-release-vod-1201328791/

if this was just about safety they would not have shitcanned all versions.

if it was about safety they are idiots.

free speech is and always will be risky.

caving because of that reason is even worse than caving because of money.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SolidTy

@Riverwolf007 said:

@SolidTy said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

fucking unbelievable.

“Sony Pictures has no further release plans for the film,”

http://deadline.com/2014/12/sony-hack-the-interview-release-vod-1201328791/

That link is from two days ago and a lot has happened since then. You are WAY too quick to point fingers at a situation that is still unfolding. They caved in because theatres won't play the movie. That was already stated above.

They didn't shitcan anything, and they didn't cave. You are wrong. They just said today they are considering alternatives which includes releasing The Interview. You are citing a two day old article that is sourced from a "low level studio spokesperson."

Let's go to the top dog of Sony Pictures, the Sony Pictures CEO Lynton said this TODAY:

"We have not caved, we have not given in, we have persevered and we have not backed down. We have always had every desire to have the American public to see this movie..."

In fact, I'll raise your single two day old article citing a PR person with two articles from a few hours ago citing the actual SONY Pictures CEO.

These two articles were both posted today (minutes ago):

Sony Pictures CEO: 'We have always had every desire' to release The Interview (LINK #1)

and

Sony says no online service has 'stepped forward' to distribute The Interview (LINK #2)

---

tl;dr: You are just creating confusion and misunderstanding on a terrorist situation that you yourself haven't researched very well. It seems like you have an agenda or are just trying to vilify and demonize Sony Pictures in any way you can. Let's be honest too, you have a very jaded history with Sony when it comes to your posts for a great many years. You would quote a two day old article citing a low level employee over the Sony Pictures CEO from today? It just doesn't add up, unless you trying to troll and get others to dislike the company that you have actively disliked for years? I really hope not.

----

This is the third or fourth thread that you have been provided links and evidence but you keep showing up in other threads stating the same old things. You went as far as to tell users you wouldn't buy a PS4 or Sony products and were equating this terrorist situation as Sony infringing on your free speech. It reads like some peculiar spin and strange propaganda in all honesty after all the links and evidence I read the subject. You should direct your anger to the terrorists or perhaps the all the various theatre chains (Regal, AMC, Cinemark, Cineplex, Bow Tie Cinemas, Carmike, etc)) that pulled Sony's film down.

Here's a third article that is very enlightening about the subject. You also have to realize this news is changing daily and some articles are quoting low level people and others are quoting top level execs. You have to be able to distinguish the sources these articles are based on. You have to realize websites want traffic and create click-bait and accept you may have to read more than one article to get an idea of what is happening. This is essentially a giant Chess game and we are mid game. Sony will have more things to say and do in the future. The United States is now weighing in on this as Obama and the F.B.I. are getting involved. You are blaming Sony as if they are the terrorists or as if Sony could control the mass amount of theatre chains that pulled the movie (which I cited in that other thread for you; Regal, AMC, Cinemark, Cineplex, Bow Tie Cinemas, Carmike, etc).

You need to place your personal bias you've had for years towards Sony aside (despite the "I own PS machines!" argument, I'm talking about your long time anti Sony posting history) and look at the big picture. You certainly should stop jumping the gun and trying to convince others when you don't have all the facts in and you are running around with one old news article. There is ample material to read today that directly conflicts with your article from much higher sources to boot (Sony Pictures CEO for example).

Yesterday's George Clooney interview article on the situation is a great read (Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack).

I posted 4 links in this post. Hopefully that will help, but remember tomorrow is another day and even more news may unfold.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Hustler to Produce Porn Parody of 'The Interview'

The porn industry is jumping onto the bandwagon in the wake of the Sony cyberattack.

Hustler Video, the purveyor of an endlessly expanding library of pornographic parodies of pop cultural touchstones, from The Simpsons to Glee to Game of Thrones, will produce This Ain't the Interview XXX, an adult-video spoof of the Seth Rogen North Korea-set comedy.

The story will center on two civilians recruited by the CIA to assassinate the leader of North Korea.

Hustler founder and chairman Larry Flynt alluded to the backlash against Sony's cancelation ofThe Interview's release in his statement announcing the parody. "I've spent a lifetime fighting for the First Amendment, and no foreign dictator is going to take away my right to free speech," he said. (His 1988 Supreme Court win against Jerry Falwell is considered a landmark of free expression law.)

"If Kim Jong Un and his henchmen were upset before, wait till they see the movie we're going to make," Flynt added.

Production is set to begin in early 2015.

Will watch in the name of freedom

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SolidTy

@Aljosa23 said:

The porn industry is jumping onto the bandwagon in the wake of the Sony cyberattack.

Hustler Video, the purveyor of an endlessly expanding library of pornographic parodies of pop cultural touchstones, from The Simpsons to Glee to Game of Thrones, will produce This Ain't the Interview XXX, an adult-video spoof of the Seth Rogen North Korea-set comedy.

The story will center on two civilians recruited by the CIA to assassinate the leader of North Korea.

Hustler founder and chairman Larry Flynt alluded to the backlash against Sony's cancelation ofThe Interview's release in his statement announcing the parody. "I've spent a lifetime fighting for the First Amendment, and no foreign dictator is going to take away my right to free speech," he said. (His 1988 Supreme Court win against Jerry Falwell is considered a landmark of free expression law.)

"If Kim Jong Un and his henchmen were upset before, wait till they see the movie we're going to make," Flynt added.

My post disappeared, so I'll say it again.

I will do my patriotic duty and watch this movie...repeatedly.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TheWalkingGhost

@LJS9502_basic said:

You're STILL on this? WOW, dude just drop it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LJS9502_basic

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

You're STILL on this? WOW, dude just drop it.

Still? That was my second post. How many did you have arguing with the other dude?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SolidTy

@Riverwolf007 said:

Sony will release 'The Interview' at limited number of theaters on Christmas

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/23/media/screening-the-interview/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

All the postering and posts about Sony blocking free speech. What now?

'The Interview' to be shown after all

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)

"The Interview" is not over, after all.

Despite threats from hackers, Sony (SNE) Pictures is making the controversial Seth Rogen comedy available at a limited number of theaters starting on Christmas.

The movie studio's CEO, Michael Lynton, said Tuesday afternoon that "while we hope this is only the first step of the film's release, we are proud to make it available to the public and to have stood up to those who attempted to suppress free speech."

By Tuesday evening, slightly more than 200 independently-owned theaters had agreed to show the film.

More might still get on board: one Sony source said the studio is "still counting" the total number, and that it could end up "around 300."

None of the big theater chains, like AMC or Regal, have said they'll support the Christmas release yet.

Those chains could choose to show "The Interview" in the coming weeks, but some of them are objecting to Sony's plans to make the movie available through a video-on-demand or streaming video service.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 MrGeezer

@SolidTy said:

'

Those chains could choose to show "The Interview" in the coming weeks, but some of them are objecting to Sony's plans to make the movie available through a video-on-demand or streaming video service.

I just have to comment on this.

If they have a problem with sony planning toi release the movie on a VOD or streaming service, then they shouldn't have fucking chickened out and decided to not screen the movie.

I mean, seriously...it sort of seems like Sony's hand was forced here. The movie is done, Sony already spent millions of dollars making the movie and promoting it. Now Sony essentially has to cancel the release because the theater chains won't show it, and those same theater chains are somehow pissed that Sony is planning a VOD release?

I mean...SERIOUSLY?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SolidTy

@MrGeezer said:

@SolidTy said:

'

I just have to comment on this.

If they have a problem with sony planning toi release the movie on a VOD or streaming service, then they shouldn't have fucking chickened out and decided to not screen the movie.

I mean, seriously...it sort of seems like Sony's hand was forced here. The movie is done, Sony already spent millions of dollars making the movie and promoting it. Now Sony essentially has to cancel the release because the theater chains won't show it, and those same theater chains are somehow pissed that Sony is planning a VOD release?

I mean...SERIOUSLY?

I agree. Glad you read it.

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#83  Edited By CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@Aljosa23 said:

"I will do my patriotic duty and watch this movie...repeatedly."

A low Budget film, With unknown actors in it. If anything i have seen better low budget films then this attention seeker film.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#84 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

But didn't Kim Jong un at some point state that if this movie was released that it would be an act of war?

Personally I'm not really sure if I'm all that interested in seeing this movie, if it was able to be seen.

While pulling the movie may seem cowardly and a waste of money, shouldn't there not be a risk of South Korea/North Korea battling each other again? Remember, that war ended in a stalemate.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jacanuk

@CommandoAgent said:

@SolidTy said:

@Aljosa23 said:

"I will do my patriotic duty and watch this movie...repeatedly."

A low Budget film, With unknown actors in it. If anything i have seen better low budget films then this attention seeker film.

Let me understand this correct.

Are you calling The Interview with James Franco and Seth Rogan for a low budget film with unknown actors? if so then you either have been living under a french movie rock or just never cared to much about movies. Because 40mill is a pretty decent size budget, its not huge but its certainly not a low budget. Not to mention that Franco has become the new Cage and are in everything and last Seth Rogan is considered to be a decent comedian and have been in several high profile movies.