The holidays have become really tacky and a nuisance

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts

^*staying home for Cyber Monday*

-when I was a kid, November/December used to be a very special time *sob*

-now we're seeing tacky Christmas advertisements as early as July (don't laugh, I got a Christmas catalog in the mail during the summer)

-the almighty dollar and the pursuit thereof has encroached closer and closer into November/Thanksgiving and even October/Halloween (we will see a day where malls and stores will be open ALL DAY on Thanksgiving and Christmas, mark my words...)

-now stores are opening earlier and earlier on Thanksgiving, this year as early as 8 PM which inconviences and takes away family time for thousands of retail workers out there

-side note: if you pitch a tent, unfurl a sleeping bag, or otherwise line up and shop on Thanksgiving morning, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM; I GUARANTEE the retailers wouldn't pull the greedy and inconsiderate crap if the stores were barren and unpopulated that day

-take this to the bank: you can be certain that there will be several stories of people getting trampled, people getting into fights in aisles, people getting mugged or assaulted (sort of like that idiot lady last year who pepper sprayed people at Walmart for a 4GB 360S), and at least one person dying for a Black Friday "bargain"

-only in America can morons take a day to be thankful for what they have and then hypocritically turn around a few hours later to fight with other morons over stuff they don't need #holidayhypocrisy

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Sounds like more of a you problem then anything else
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

Yeah, the holidays aren't really something I look forward to. Especially this year, since I won't be living near any of my family anymore. My father lives 40 minutes away, but he's moving out of state this week. This will be a very lonely holiday season.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts

I'm going to buy a new 27" 2560X1440 monitor this cyber monday :3

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts

only in America can morons take a day to be thankful for what they have and then hypocritically turn around a few hours later to fight with other morons over stuff they don't need #holidayhypocrisy

GalvatronType_R
bwhahaah :3 this always makes me laugh because it's the total truth. I guess I am part of the problem but I end up working on holidays too :P Holidays are not the only day you can have quality family time :)
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

You know what helps?

Being that apparently rare person that Christmas advertisement doesn't bother.

I still don't get why everyone is so annoyed by it, although I think I already know the reasonings people are going to tell me.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
So basically OP is complaining about people wanting to buy stuff and stores having good business practices.
Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts
Sounds like more of a you problem then anything elsedave123321
yummifullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yummifullz
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts

I completely agree OP, started feeling that way in my late teens early twenties. I'm not even Christian or Catholic, so why do I even celebrate Christmas? Oh ya to please the family. Thanksgiving is a joke, what are you really giving thanks for? Pilgrims and the New World? America? Isn't that what the 4th of July is for? O how meaningless it all is to me. I just maintain an attitude of gratitude in my daily life and give thanks to all the blessings I have. No need to sit in front of the corpse of a turkey once a year to do that ;)

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
Some people enjoy camping out and getting the best deals....... To each their own.