The Hobbit...are you going to see it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

So tomorrow we go back to Middle-earth. :D Anyone else excited?

Also do you think it will beat Avatar at the box office?

#2 Posted by Pittfan666 (8534 posts) -
Tomorrow I will be taking my last final exam and heading to the bar for the remainder of the night. Probably won't see it until it makes its way to HBO a few years down the road.
#3 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -
Going with my girlfriend Saturday :P i'm excited simply because I like the series but I don't have a costume or anything :lol:
#4 Posted by Lord_Ronskins (99 posts) -
Me and some friends already have our tickets, and yesh, I cannot wait for it.
#5 Posted by cslayer211 (833 posts) -
[QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"]Going with my girlfriend Saturday :P i'm excited simply because I like the series but I don't have a costume or anything :lol:

Costumes aren't allowed anyways because of all the shootings that have happened lately.
#6 Posted by indzman (19148 posts) -

I'm sick atm. If i feel great tommorow, i'm going to watch it day 1 first show or absolutely by this weekend :)

#7 Posted by Lord_Ronskins (99 posts) -
[QUOTE="cslayer211"][QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"]Going with my girlfriend Saturday :P i'm excited simply because I like the series but I don't have a costume or anything :lol:

Costumes aren't allowed anyways because of all the shootings that have happened lately.

Good Lord, the least thing we need is some short guy dressed as a hobbit wielding an assault rifle...
#8 Posted by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

[QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"]Going with my girlfriend Saturday :P i'm excited simply because I like the series but I don't have a costume or anything :lol:cslayer211

lol Seriously?

tumblr_me9pwu9NJw1r7s6oso2_250.gif

lol And I wanted to go in a Bane costume. They would probably evacuate the theater in 10 seconds lol.

#9 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lord_Ronskins"][QUOTE="cslayer211"][QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"]Going with my girlfriend Saturday :P i'm excited simply because I like the series but I don't have a costume or anything :lol:

Good Lord, the least thing we need is some short guy dressed as a hobbit wielding an assault rifle...

Oh dam I didn't even think of that :lol: But holy crap I think a hobbit with hairy feet running around with an assault rifle would look ridiculous :lol:
#10 Posted by JoGoSo (455 posts) -

I am seeing it a little later. I wish there was a 48 fps 2D version out there but will probably have to see it in 3D.

#11 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

The reviews have lowered my day one viewing to a week one viewing. Still going to see it though.

#12 Posted by indzman (19148 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lord_Ronskins"][QUOTE="cslayer211"] Costumes aren't allowed anyways because of all the shootings that have happened lately.TrainerCeleste

Oh dam I didn't even think of that :lol: But holy crap I think a hobbit with hairy feet running around with an assault rifle would look ridiculous :lol:

But if you manage to get away with it (not get caught), you don'tve to stand in a long line for Hobbit Tickets and enjoy a near empty theatre to your convinience lol.

#13 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -

[QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"][QUOTE="Lord_Ronskins"] Good Lord, the least thing we need is some short guy dressed as a hobbit wielding an assault rifle...indzman

But if you manage to get away with it (not get caught), you don'tve to stand in a long line for Hobbit Tickets and enjoy a near empty theatre to your convinience lol.

I'd rather them just fap to their nerdy passion in the theatre a few rows bad :lol:
#14 Posted by indzman (19148 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"] Oh dam I didn't even think of that :lol: But holy crap I think a hobbit with hairy feet running around with an assault rifle would look ridiculous :lol:TrainerCeleste

I'd rather them just fap to their nerdy passion in the theatre a few rows bad :lol:

HaHa

#15 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
I may watch it later, depends on my friends' opinion of it really.
#16 Posted by Masculus (2877 posts) -

Wasn't the movie split into three?

If so It kinda feels like pure exploitation. There's no reason for it to be a 6 hours trilogy.

#17 Posted by Lord_Ronskins (99 posts) -
[QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"][QUOTE="Lord_Ronskins"][QUOTE="cslayer211"] Costumes aren't allowed anyways because of all the shootings that have happened lately.

Right? I can already see him as his hideous hairy feet slap against the ground blasting apart men and women and children while shouting "FOR THE SHIRE!" Horrible....
#18 Posted by HybridPhoenix (3598 posts) -
God no.
#19 Posted by Flubbbs (3417 posts) -

yes ill be seeing it at midnight.. this will be the first time ive seen a 3d movie so i hope its good and doesnt ruin it

#20 Posted by MaskedPlayer (979 posts) -

Im going to watch it on Saturday :)

#21 Posted by Storm_Marine (11809 posts) -

yeah I've got tickets for tonight

#22 Posted by King_Dodongo (3352 posts) -
I'm going on saturday.
#23 Posted by Ricardomz (2329 posts) -

I'm excited simply because I like the series but I don't have a costume or anything :lol:TrainerCeleste

That's too bad, because here in Gamespot we all dress ourselves of dwarves.....

#24 Posted by Postal_Guy (2643 posts) -

Aww hell yea.

probably tomorrow or saturday

#25 Posted by Laihendi (5834 posts) -

If so It kinda feels like pure exploitation. There's no reason for it to be a 6 hours trilogy.

Masculus
I don't think it's that unfeasible to spend more than 6 hours depicting a journey from the Shire past the trolls, to Rivendell, through the Misty Mountains with everything that happens there, to Beorn's house, then through Mirkwood and everything that happens there, then to Esgaroth, then to Erebor with everything that happens there, and then the journey back. That is easily 6 hours worth of material, and that's without taking Gandalf's dealings with the White Council and Sauron into consideration.
#26 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

Nah. I've never really cared for the Lord of the Rings stuff. I've never even seen the other movies.

#27 Posted by Flubbbs (3417 posts) -

Nah. I've never really cared for the Lord of the Rings stuff. I've never even seen the other movies.

jim_shorts

how do you know you dont care about the LoTR if you havent even seen them?

#28 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

[QUOTE="jim_shorts"]

Flubbbs

how do you know you dont care about the LoTR if you havent even seen them?

I don't care, therefore I haven't seen them. I'm not saying they aren't good or that I wouldn't like them, I just don't care enough to invest several hours to watch them.
#29 Posted by airshocker (30656 posts) -

I don't care, therefore I haven't seen them. I'm not saying they aren't good or that I wouldn't like them, I just don't care enough to invest several hours to watch them.jim_shorts

Why wouldn't you want to watch a good movie? Makes no sense.

#30 Posted by coasterguy65 (6128 posts) -

Nah...not going to get started on the series. Even as much as I liked LoTR the whole making 3 movies out of such a short book thing is a turn off.

#31 Posted by Lord_Ronskins (99 posts) -
I really look forward to see how they portray the Goblins/Orcs, sure we know theyr'e naturally filthy evil but I hope to see more of their personalities and characteristics and such if possible.
#32 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

[QUOTE="jim_shorts"]I don't care, therefore I haven't seen them. I'm not saying they aren't good or that I wouldn't like them, I just don't care enough to invest several hours to watch them.airshocker

Why wouldn't you want to watch a good movie? Makes no sense.

I've never been interested in Medieval looking stuff. Plus they're really long, so I just haven't gotten around to it. I'll probably watch them sooner or later.
#33 Posted by johnd13 (7850 posts) -

I' m going to watch it as soon as possible which means Sunday or Monday. Hopefully.

My most anticipated movie of the year.

#34 Posted by Canuck3000 (40562 posts) -
I will once it's out on Blu-Ray. I don't go to movies in the theatre that often
#35 Posted by konvikt_17 (22310 posts) -

no.

havent even watched the Lord of the Rings movies.

hasnt appealed to me.

#36 Posted by BossPerson (9109 posts) -

Im going to watch them next weekend, only because I have exams now and plus I want to do a lotr marathon before watching it with some friends who havent seen them.

#37 Posted by Allicrombie (25359 posts) -
Not sure, I want to see it eventually.
#38 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43173 posts) -
Hell yeah!
#39 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

[QUOTE="cslayer211"][QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"]Going with my girlfriend Saturday :P i'm excited simply because I like the series but I don't have a costume or anything :lol:not_wanted

lol Seriously?

tumblr_me9pwu9NJw1r7s6oso2_250.gif

lol And I wanted to go in a Bane costume. They would probably evacuate the theater in 10 seconds lol.

I was at a concert a few weeks back and there was a guy in a Bane mask. Not gonna lie, I kept a bit of an eye on him.

#40 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
No. Not interested in seeing it.
#41 Posted by Kats_RK (2080 posts) -

Yeah i'll watch it..on the internet.

#42 Posted by Lord_Daemon (24330 posts) -

I don't like Tolkien and I didn't really enjoy the previous films by Jackson enough to spur much interest in a drawn out Hobbit movie experience. I'll probably watch it at home eventually just out of curiousity but that's about as far as it goes.

#43 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -
my expectations have been lowered let's just put it that way.
#44 Posted by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

Masculus

Yes, first into two then three. It's becoming a trend nowadays, with major movie series like Harry Potter and Twilight.

And they only need one reason: more money. :P

#45 Posted by tryagainlater (7445 posts) -

Just got back from a 2D 24fps showing. It was pretty good but didn't need to be as long as it was now that it's a trilogy. A lot of padding. The "Riddles in the Dark" section was fantastic.

#46 Posted by Aljosa23 (25645 posts) -

Eventually. Don't care too much and the reviews only solidified my pre-release thoughts on it.

#47 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28198 posts) -
I'm in no hurry to see it. I might see it in a couple of weeks. There are really only two films left this year that I'll see day one.
#48 Posted by m0zart (11568 posts) -

I'm in no hurry to see it. I might see it in a couple of weeks. There are really only two films left this year that I'll see day one.sammyjenkis898

And what are those? (Is Les Miserables among them)?

#49 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28198 posts) -

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]I'm in no hurry to see it. I might see it in a couple of weeks. There are really only two films left this year that I'll see day one.m0zart

And what are those? (Is Les Miserables among them)?

No. I'll probably be dragged to that one, though. Zero Dark Thirty and Amour.
#50 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I doubt I'll see it at the theater but I'm very excited about it. It will likely be available for home viewing within a couple of months, I'm sure.