The DMV can eat a .....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

The DMV can eat a banana ! It took me almost a year to pass my truck's smog, that would have passed in all 49 states, but California laws are so extreme, i had to pay almost 2K to pass it. Then one week after passing it, and getting a ticket by Chp for not having a sticker, while driving it to the smog shop, with a DMV permit, i still got a ticket. Then one week later i get a registration renewal ? I call DMV, they said it was automatically send, so don't worry about it. Now a two months later, i get a late notice of $71 dollars, plus the registration renewal, wtf ! I call and now they say i owe them even more, and that i must pay attention to the dates because it is due. SOB's ! Have you guys had any issues with DMV offices ? What a pain in the rear. Grrrrrrr !

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

Cali, the land of fruits and nuts. A great place to visit, but not a great place to live.

I have never had a problem with the DMV here in Georgia or Virginia (the only places I have had licenses issued from or vehicles registered in even when I was stationed in SoCal).

Brain_Duster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Brain_Duster
Member since 2013 • 473 Posts

@WhiteKnight77 said:

Cali, the land of fruits and nuts.

lol

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@Brain_Duster:

@Brain_Duster said:

@WhiteKnight77 said:

lol

@WhiteKnight77 said:

Cali, the land of fruits and nuts. A great place to visit, but not a great place to live.

I have never had a problem with the DMV here in Georgia or Virginia (the only places I have had licenses issued from or vehicles registered in even when I was stationed in SoCal).

Thats the first i hear that saying too, lol .. But yes, it is extremely difficult to pass smog on somewhat older vehicles. The cost is just outrageous.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

Obamacare is going to make the DMV look as efficient as Switzerland.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

No, i pay attention to when i owe them money.

Never had an issue.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

@LexLas said:

@Brain_Duster:

@Brain_Duster said:

@WhiteKnight77 said:

lol

@WhiteKnight77 said:

Thats the first i hear that saying too, lol .. But yes, it is extremely difficult to pass smog on somewhat older vehicles. The cost is just outrageous.

That saying has been going round for years. I think I first heard it in the 80s.