The Devil, Lucifer, and Satan

#1 Posted by playmynutz (5982 posts) -

For the sake of art and culture.

The devil is a lier. Lucifer is the light bearer (attention whore?). Satan opposes goodness.

Would you ever concider yourself a devil, lucifer satan, or view others of having demonic characteristics?

Do you accept the spiritual existence of the devil, lucifer, and satan? Do you welcome them into your life?

Don't have to believe in God to hurt someones feelings or commit a crime. Some people enjoy doing so, that pleasure comes from demons, artistically speaking. Litterally everything is just electrical activity in the brain.

#2 Posted by Master_Live (14423 posts) -

These kind of threads is why we succeed.

#3 Posted by evildead6789 (7634 posts) -

For the sake of art and culture.

The devil is a lier. Lucifer is the light bearer (attention whore?). Satan opposes goodness.

Would you ever concider yourself a devil, lucifer satan, or view others of having demonic characteristics?

Do you accept the spiritual existence of the devil, lucifer, and satan? Do you welcome them into your life?

Don't have to believe in God to hurt someones feelings or commit a crime. Some people enjoy doing so, that pleasure comes from demons, artistically speaking. Litterally everything is just electrical activity in the brain.

lies all lies

#4 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

They are all one in the same to me. Three names for the same person.

#5 Posted by PS2fweak (146 posts) -

Everybody has done something hurtful at some point in their life. If you know you're wrong, apologize and try to make things right. If you don't know you're wrong, yet everybody else thinks you are, try to understand their POV. I definitely don't believe in Satan from a religious perspective, but we all have the capacity to be something like that concept.

If you enjoy hurting people, please do it to yourself, and don't stop until your heart does. And don't forget to stream it...Lucifer?

#6 Posted by Serraph105 (27944 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa:

Same here, but for the purposes of this thread I see myself more as Lucifer, bit of an attention seek mixed with a bit of a class clown.

#7 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

Can't take anything you say seriously when your user name is "playmynutz".

#8 Edited by The-Apostle (12187 posts) -

#9 Posted by Iszdope (9873 posts) -

Ave Sathanas!

#10 Edited by airshocker (29386 posts) -

I can't believe it took this long for somebody to say this.

#11 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -
#12 Posted by CyberLips (1823 posts) -

That title though...

I believe there is evil but i don't believe in the "devil", just like i don't believe in god.

#13 Edited by Doozie78 (220 posts) -

I don't believe any of it. There are negative energies sure, but those negative energies are not commanded by some ridiculous storybook character.

#14 Edited by foxhound_fox (88053 posts) -

Satan is "the Accuser" and only appears in the Book of Job. Lucifer is the Light Bearer, you got that right. And the Devil is a creation of the 20th Century as far as I know (the little red dude with the tail).

There is no being that actively tries to convince "good" people to do bad things. That is just a means for people not to accept responsibility for their actions and try to blame an outside source. Responsibility to the responsible.

#15 Posted by playmynutz (5982 posts) -

@foxhound_fox: Yeah that is a lot more exact explination of satan, lucifer, and devil.

It is as real as we want to make it. Like art some people like a painting and others don't. Some people simply don't want to take responsibility for their own actions and others do.

Mmm I should live up to the title playmynutz with honor

#16 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2573 posts) -

No such thing as satan.It's all just fairy tales made by cowards who can't take responsibilities for their actions.

#17 Posted by wis3boi (31290 posts) -

No such thing as satan.It's all just fairy tales made by cowards who can't take responsibilities for their actions.

#18 Posted by -Blasphemy- (3001 posts) -

I am none of those things, I am light, goodness and full of love.

#19 Posted by -Blasphemy- (3001 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

can either of you prove this?

#20 Posted by wis3boi (31290 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

prove he is real, we're not here to prove a negative

#21 Posted by -Blasphemy- (3001 posts) -

@wis3boi said:
@-Blasphemy- said:

@wis3boi said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

join a religion, repent for your sins, be really serious about it then you will see how much satan doesn't exist.

#22 Posted by foxhound_fox (88053 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

Prove their isn't a teapot orbiting the Sun between Mars and Jupiter.

Prove that Odin isn't the Supreme deity and all of those who do not die a warrior's death will end up in Hel, absent from the celebration in Vahalla and the coming of Ragnarok.

#23 Edited by Aljosa23 (24843 posts) -

I think a lot of people would have some traits of Lucifer/Satan from Paradise Lost. A being who gets the other angels to rebel against his creator, God, yet is perceived to be the antagonist or "villain" of the story. This can symbolize teenagers in their rebellious phases, to a degree. His desire for free will and to live without the shackles of God resonates with a lot of people. I prefer to look at him as an anti-hero (in the context of Paradise Lost) and ultimately he's way more compelling than the traditional depiction of pitch fork wielding red goat man. I have no interest in the "traditional" Christian depictions of these characters.

Well, duh, but that doesn't mean the stories aren't interesting on a literary level. :P

#24 Edited by wis3boi (31290 posts) -

@wis3boi said:
@-Blasphemy- said:

@wis3boi said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

join a religion, repent for your sins, be really serious about it then you will see how much satan doesn't exist.

No, show me why satan is the bad one and yahweh is the good one

#25 Posted by -Blasphemy- (3001 posts) -

@-Blasphemy- said:

@wis3boi said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

Prove that Odin isn't the Supreme deity and all of those who do not die a warrior's death will end up in Hel, absent from the celebration in Vahalla and the coming of Ragnarok.

there is some truth to all religions.

@wis3boi said:

@-Blasphemy- said:

@wis3boi said:
@-Blasphemy- said:

@wis3boi said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

it doesnt matter who is "good" or "bad" its all perception. we need one for the other to exist.

#26 Posted by wis3boi (31290 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@-Blasphemy- said:

it doesnt matter who is "good" or "bad" its all perception. we need one for the other to exist.

Neither exists

#27 Posted by dave123321 (33982 posts) -

The unholy trinity

#28 Posted by foxhound_fox (88053 posts) -

Most of it is just historical events.

#29 Posted by MacaroniMoses (667 posts) -

I'm more of a Beelzebub

#30 Edited by -Blasphemy- (3001 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@-Blasphemy- said:

@wis3boi said:

@-Blasphemy- said:

Neither exists

if that is what you believe then its the truth

#31 Edited by Nuck81 (5846 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@-Blasphemy- said:

@wis3boi said:
@-Blasphemy- said:

@wis3boi said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

If you truly believe God is all knowing and all powerful than you would believe he doesn't need anyone else to exist. That pretty much negates that he is all powerful.

There is no such thing as a being called Satan. Satan is just an embodiment of Sin.

#32 Posted by Blueresident87 (5339 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@-Blasphemy- said:

@wis3boi said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

There is some truth to the Blair Witch Project too.

#33 Posted by dilepoutee (10 posts) -
#34 Posted by playmynutz (5982 posts) -

@-Blasphemy-: I call blasphemy on your comment :-P

@MacaroniMoses: That's the spirit! (Pun intended)