The Dark Knight Rises! Box Office update, 160 million opening weekend!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Good point there. [spoiler] Alfred dying would make an emotional impact and be ironic considering what he told Bruce about protecting him in the previews [/spoiler] Travo_basic

[spoiler] I doubt Alfred will die given that enemies go after people close to Batman as opposed to Bruce Wayne. Unless Bane figures out who Batman really is I don't see that happening.

edit though when you think about it, there aren't many other good characters available to die without it feeling redundant so Alfred might be the best bet.

[/spoiler]

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#202 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Can't wait for this to happen. I'm not talking about the spoilers, by the way.BranKetra
I'd have hoped not :P
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

so who here think batman

[spoiler] will kill bane to protect gotham city? [/spoiler]

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

so who here think batman

TheShadowLord07
[spoiler] . That's one thing I can't guess on. I don't want him to compromise his beliefs for a kill. I think someone sacrifices themself to kill him. Who is anuone's guess. [/spoiler]
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#205 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

so who here think batman

Travo_basic

[spoiler] . That's one thing I can't guess on. I don't want him to compromise his beliefs for a kill. I think someone sacrifices themself to kill him. Who is anuone's guess. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Going by the trailers, I guess it's that guy that watches Batman and Bane fight. [/spoiler]

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#206 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

I woudn't go as far as to say complete realism. Two-Face wasn't very realistic.

worlock77

I think it was more realistic than Tommy's Two-Face.

Honestly I don't remember the origin of Two-Face when Tommy Lee Jones portraied him. Hell, I never evn finished that movie the one time I tried to watch it. But Two-Face in 'The Dark Knight' wasn't realistic at all. A man that severely burned, half his damn face burned off down to the bone? Sorry, but there's no way he's getting up out of the hospital and going on a rampage (or doing much of anything) untreated as he was. The pain alone would be far too severe. Not to mention infections, not being able to speak (since half his mouth is gone and there would have no doubt been serious damage to his vocal chords), etc. It's doubtful his eye would have neatly stayed in place as it did ether. that's the only thing that's kinda bothered about Nolan's series. In a more fantastical setting I might not have thought as much of it, but one of the key things about Nolan's Batman is that everything rested on plausiblity. Some of it might be far-fetched, but there's a certain plausibility there. Two-Face, the way he is depicted, simply is not plausible.

I'm thinking some point during the movie that was the reasoin they decided to kill him....

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Travo_basic
I honestly thought Two-Face would have been introduced in TDK then live to be one ofthe main villains in the third film. I was a little shocked that he died so soon.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 DeadMan1290
I honestly thought Two-Face would have been introduced in TDK then live to be one ofthe main villains in the third film. I was a little shocked that he died so soon.Travo_basic
So was I. In fact the first time I saw the movie I didn't even noticed he died. >.> Never understood why they killed him.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Travo_basic
[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]I honestly thought Two-Face would have been introduced in TDK then live to be one ofthe main villains in the third film. I was a little shocked that he died so soon.DeadMan1290
So was I. In fact the first time I saw the movie I didn't even noticed he died. >.> Never understood why they killed him.

I think it's great in a way. I'm happy that Nolan tries to fit in a bunch of different characters from Batman's rogue gallery. It might be kind of boring to have the same bad guy for more than one movie, even the Joker.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]I honestly thought Two-Face would have been introduced in TDK then live to be one ofthe main villains in the third film. I was a little shocked that he died so soon.DeadMan1290

I thought it was pretty obvious from watching the movie why they decided to off him.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Travo_basic

Someone from another site found the best one sheet for the movie.

tumblr_m63zns5klu1qzdglao1_500.jpg

The best one ever!

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#212 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts

so who here think batman

TheShadowLord07
Finish the series off by destroying the entire point of the protagonist?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 mitu123

I'm trying to get some tickets early in advance, lol.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Travo_basic
The winner of best Batmobile is.....The Tumbler with 25 votes. New poll is up. Who would you like to see in the Nolan Batuniverse? Why and how do you think they would fit in it?
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 DeadMan1290

The Riddler I think. He'd make Batman's life hell...

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 mitu123

DeadMan1290
Riddle me this! He's also one of my fav villains, shame he was crap in Forever.
kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 kidsmelly
Member since 2009 • 5692 Posts

bat-billboard.jpg

Can't wait. Riddler would have been awesome.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

mitu123
Riddle me this! He's also one of my fav villains, shame he was crap in Forever.

Yeah, Carrey's Riddler was too idiotic.
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#219 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

I just watched all of the TV Spots - I've never seen any of them before - and my impression of how good the film will be just skyrocketed (it was already high). This movie is going to be big! Really big! You can tell that the action scenes will eclipse those in the previous two films.

[spoiler] There will be a scene in which Batman is out-maneuvering seeker-missiles while in the Batwing (?), and there will be a scene in which Bane blows up a football stadium. Nothing of this caliber was done in the last two films. Scenes like these assure me that this film will feel as epic as Avengers, and the fact that it's a Nolan film assures me that it will smack Avengers in the face in every other area - it will be the better movie despite what some people have said. Some big sh*t is going to go down. Real Talk. [/spoiler]

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 BluRayHiDef

If I can, I'm going to pre-purchase two tickets for it today. They'll be for the day after it's released, Saturday - July 21st. The first will be for the earliest IMAX showing, which should be at 9:00 AM, during the matinee hours, and cost $13.00. The second one will be for the second earliest IMAX showing, which should be at 12:00 PM, during the regular hours, and cost $19.00. That's a total of $32.00 and I don't mind. This movie is going to be grand. I just know it. I'm going to stack up on snacks and goodies to eat while watching it (granola bars, blue corn chips, sandwiches, etc).

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 mitu123

Got dammit, why did I see the TV spots, now my hype is even further!

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Travo_basic
My take on the Riddler in the Nolan Bat universe: The Riddler is a terrorist who would detonate bombs all over the city if Batman doesn't solve his riddles correctly. Hmm, sounds like Die Hard with a Vengeance.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#223 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
meh..I'm just not pumped for this movie...
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 BluRayHiDef

I just bought my ticket for the 9:00 AM IMAX showing on July 21st. I'll buy the second ticket sometime this week. Can't wait. This movie is going to rock!

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 BluRayHiDef

[spoiler] Remember at the end of TDK when Batman gets shot in the abdomen and then falls off of the side of a building along side Harvey Dent? That may be the reason he is injured and walks with a cane in TDKR. Those are some serious injuries. I came across this theory while googling information on TDKR. It sounds very plausible and is most likely the reason he walks with a cane in this one. I'm guessing that because of these injuries, he begins his eight year retirement immediately after the end of TDK. However, when Bane comes along and begins terrorizing Gotham, Batman decides to come out of retirement. Sounds great. [/spoiler]

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Riddler
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 dave123321

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Blu ray, what do you anticipate more? The new take on the web-slinger's origins or the conclusion to Bruce's journey?BluRayHiDef

The conclusion to Bruce's journey, of course. It will be the darker, more realistic, more epic, and more thought-provoking film. It will be the film that incites an emotional response and that sticks with me longer after I've seen it in theaters. It will be - in my honest opinion - the best film ever made. Seriously. I also think that Tom Hardy's portrayal of Bane will - at the very least - equal Ledger's performance as the Joker, or maybe even surpass it.

Am also looking forward to this one more too. Wonder if there will be any surprises not yet revealed.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Travo_basic
I certainly hope so, maybe something controversial.
nima_metal90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#229 nima_metal90
Member since 2009 • 775 Posts
Only batman's true villain: Joker
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Has anyone here read the 2008 graphic novel titled Joker? It could easily be mistaken for a comic sequel to The Dark Knight due to the Joker's design and several other similarities, and many of Batman's rogues gallery appear.

The Joker
[spoiler] 601175-590797_49_super_super.jpg [/spoiler]

The Riddler
[spoiler] jokerhc081.jpg [/spoiler]

Harley
[spoiler] Joker2.jpg [/spoiler]

Killer Croc
[spoiler] images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzWWmS6Ypy7xvlS8-R7OK [/spoiler]

Penguin
[spoiler] joker-4.jpg [/spoiler]
In fact, if Two-Face wasn't alive in this one, it could easily fit in theory as one of the things that could've occurred in the eight years in between Dark Knight and Rises.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Travo_basic
Nice find, Fallen Demon. I've been meaning to read a graphic comic about Batman, but never have. Funny thing is my wife is a high school librarian and has a few graphic novels, but I've been too slack to ask her.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 dave123321
Have Joker. Enjoyed it.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#233 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
This thread is like a safe haven of happiness and excitement in the dreary sea of OT.... And by that i mean, SWEET! BATMAN! :P
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Travo_basic
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]This thread is like a safe haven of happiness and excitement in the dreary sea of OT.... And by that i mean, SWEET! BATMAN! :P

:)
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#235 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

This thread is like a safe haven of happiness and excitement in the dreary sea of OT.... And by that i mean, SWEET! BATMAN! :PNinja-Hippo

lol. I'm sure someone can manage to ruin that tho.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]This thread is like a safe haven of happiness and excitement in the dreary sea of OT.... And by that i mean, SWEET! BATMAN! :PGreySeal9

lol. I'm sure someone can manage to ruin that tho.

LEFTIST!!!!

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Travo_basic
No politics in thus thread unless you talk about Harvey Dent's political opponent. No religion in this thread inless it involves the Joker's beliefs.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Travo_basic

Holy ****, this gif. Total badass!

[spoiler] Image [/spoiler]

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="Travo_basic"]I honestly thought Two-Face would have been introduced in TDK then live to be one ofthe main villains in the third film. I was a little shocked that he died so soon.Travo_basic

I think it's great in a way. I'm happy that Nolan tries to fit in a bunch of different characters from Batman's rogue gallery. It might be kind of boring to have the same bad guy for more than one movie, even the Joker.

The Joker never gets boring if it's Ledger.
Avatar image for ShampooMctavish
ShampooMctavish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 ShampooMctavish
Member since 2011 • 120 Posts

[spoiler]

So last week they had some first viewings of DKR and a friend from the film industry was invited to attend with his boss.

I didn't ask him to tell me the whole film but I did ask him to tell me:

1) Does Batman Die

2) Tell me something cool that your weren't expecting in the film

Here were his answers

1) Batman does not die, although Gotham believes he has

2) Heath Ledger makes an appearance as the Joker in the film in the way of they inserted footage that was left on the cutting room floor from the Dark Knight(perhaps purosely for the 3rd installment) into the Dark Knight Rises

OTHER TIDBITS:

His only knock on the film was Anne Hathaway. He felt the whole Catwoman thing just got in the way of a great film and she began to annoy majority of the people watching by the 2nd half of the movie.

Bane, although he felt was great, people should not be anticipating a Heath Ledger performance. I am sure most of us know this ahead of time though.

He mentioned that this is the longest Batman film out of the 3 and it is very well paced

He seemed to be very purturbed about Anne Hatheway which he brought up twice... he said her being in the film brought the film form being better than the Dark Knight to a bit below it. He felt that there was really no need at all for her character as Joseph Gordon Levitt added any need for an extra character in the film. He also said that JGL was fantastic in the film and was a great addition.

[/spoiler]

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#241 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

[spoiler]

So last week they had some first viewings of DKR and a friend from the film industry was invited to attend with his boss.

1) Does Batman Die

Here were his answers

2) Heath Ledger makes an appearance as the Joker in the film in the way of they inserted footage that was left on the cutting room floor from the Dark Knight(perhaps purosely for the 3rd installment) into the Dark Knight Rises

OTHER TIDBITS:

His only knock on the film was Anne Hathaway. He felt the whole Catwoman thing just got in the way of a great film and she began to annoy majority of the people watching by the 2nd half of the movie.

Bane, although he felt was great, people should not be anticipating a Heath Ledger performance. I am sure most of us know this ahead of time though.

He mentioned that this is the longest Batman film out of the 3 and it is very well paced

He seemed to be very purturbed about Anne Hatheway which he brought up twice... he said her being in the film brought the film form being better than the Dark Knight to a bit below it. He felt that there was really no need at all for her character as Joseph Gordon Levitt added any need for an extra character in the film. He also said that JGL was fantastic in the film and was a great addition.

[/spoiler]

ShampooMctavish

Finally.

Now look, if you're going to post spoilers, post it the right way or not at all. Besides, I highly doubt anyone wants to read any of that. They may not even be true, but no one's going to take the chance.

I say we make it a rule to not post spoilers until it's released.

ShampooMctavish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 ShampooMctavish

[QUOTE="ShampooMctavish"]

[spoiler]

1) Does Batman Die

Here were his answers

OTHER TIDBITS:

[/spoiler]

Avian005

EDIT: Finally.

Now look, if you're going to post spoiler, post it the right way or not at all. Besides, I highly doubt anyone wants to read any of that. They may not even be true, but no one's going to take the chance.

I say we make it a rule to post no spoilers until release day.

Sorry about that. I started my own thread with HEAVY SPOILERS in the title but one of the Moderators locked the thread and encouraged my to post it here.

I thought it was a weird move by the Mod but I have never accused them of having logical thinking.

Here is a link to my topic with the Mods reply incase anyone thinks I am lying -http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29217912/dark-knight-rises---heavy-spoilers-you-have-been-warned

I should have questioned the thought process of the Mod as soon as I saw the Al Bundy icon.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Travo_basic
Shampoo, could you please edit your posts and add spoiler tags? It can be hard to scroll downward and avoid some of those.
ShampooMctavish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 ShampooMctavish

Shampoo, could you please edit your posts and add spoiler tags? It can be hard to scroll downward and avoid some of those. Travo_basic

Done. Sorry again, one of your fellow Mods told me to post it here. I didn't agree with him but you guys run the place.

ShampooMctavish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 ShampooMctavish

Shampoo, could you please edit your posts and add spoiler tags? It can be hard to scroll downward and avoid some of those. Travo_basic

What did you guys think of #2... I was a bit surprised.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Travo_basic

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]Shampoo, could you please edit your posts and add spoiler tags? It can be hard to scroll downward and avoid some of those. ShampooMctavish

I didn't read, sorry. :P I did read one by accident, but it was minor.

Thanks for the edit, BTW and welcome. :)

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#247 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]Shampoo, could you please edit your posts and add spoiler tags? It can be hard to scroll downward and avoid some of those. ShampooMctavish

I'm not reading spoilers, sorry.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#248 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I think Hugo Strange would be an interesting villain, if done right. He hasn't been seen in the movies yet, and would really give Batman a run for his money, psychologically.
ShampooMctavish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 ShampooMctavish

[QUOTE="Travo_basic"]Shampoo, could you please edit your posts and add spoiler tags? It can be hard to scroll downward and avoid some of those. Avian005

I think your avatar is boss! How did you make it?

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="Avian005"]

Neither am I. Who wants to anyway?