The contents of a Halo movie...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ZombiesLikeCake
ZombiesLikeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ZombiesLikeCake
Member since 2008 • 88 Posts

This upcoming Halo movie that Peter Jackson might be onboard for...What will it be like? I wouldn't want to waste my time watching a movie that tells the whole story over again, while I've already seen it a thousand time in the cut scenes.

Avatar image for deactivated-6224691f9a882
deactivated-6224691f9a882

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-6224691f9a882
Member since 2005 • 868 Posts
It's been dropped, don't you know?
ZombiesLikeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ZombiesLikeCake
It's been dropped, don't you know?duncancameron23
I heard three days ago that Peter Jackson is realeasing stuff about it at E3. Maybe I have an unreliable source...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-6224691f9a882

[QUOTE="duncancameron23"]It's been dropped, don't you know?ZombiesLikeCake
I heard three days ago that Peter Jackson is realeasing stuff about it at E3. Maybe I have an unreliable source...

My news is older so i stand corrected.

ZombiesLikeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ZombiesLikeCake

[QUOTE="ZombiesLikeCake"][QUOTE="duncancameron23"]It's been dropped, don't you know?duncancameron23

Well let's put it this way...if nothing is released at E3, we know that I'm wrong.
MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts
Actually, it hasn't been officially cancelled, just put on hold for a while. It is still possible that the movie will be made.
ZombiesLikeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ZombiesLikeCake
Actually, it hasn't been officially cancelled, just put on hold for a while. It is still possible that the movie will be made.MasterKingMP
Ah! Very cool. T/y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-6224691f9a882
[QUOTE="duncancameron23"]

[QUOTE="ZombiesLikeCake"][QUOTE="duncancameron23"]It's been dropped, don't you know?ZombiesLikeCake

Well let's put it this way...if nothing is released at E3, we know that I'm wrong.

Fair doo's! Still id like to see it even if it's just like watching a highly rendered cut scene.

Mossaike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Mossaike
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
I hope they make this movie, kind of looking forward to it.
darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
Even if you have no clue what halo is, i bet it would make a great movie.. the story is perfect
Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#13 Thorpe89
Member since 2004 • 16905 Posts
I would watch it since Peter Jackson is like the best director ever.
MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MasterKingMP

I would watch it since Peter Jackson is like the best director ever.Thorpe89

Naw I don't think so, he did good with LOTR though.

fu_nebutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fu_nebutsu
Member since 2006 • 322 Posts

[QUOTE="duncancameron23"]It's been dropped, don't you know?ZombiesLikeCake

My understanding of the whole Halo movie/Peter Jackson involvment thing was that Peter was never actually making the movie. He slated to be the producer or something while Neil Blomkamp (correct spelling?) was going to direct. As for what Peter is working on, it is something else that is related to the Halo universe but has yet to be revelaed. Then again, I could be completely wrong.

Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Thorpe89

[QUOTE="Thorpe89"]I would watch it since Peter Jackson is like the best director ever.MasterKingMP

That's down to your opinion but I believe he is. King Kong is my favourite from him. A lot of his movies have gotten very good reviews, including Lord of the Rings and King Kong.

MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MasterKingMP
[QUOTE="MasterKingMP"]

[QUOTE="Thorpe89"]I would watch it since Peter Jackson is like the best director ever.Thorpe89

That's down to your opinion but I believe he is. King Kong is my favourite from him. A lot of his movies have gotten very good reviews, including Lord of the Rings and King Kong.

Well yea, it IS my oppinion that he's not the best director....but in a way it's also a fact. He hasn't even directed that many movies. Now these directors deserve some more credit:

Martin Scorsese, Joel and Ethan Coen, Quentin Tarantino, David Lynch, Francis Ford Coppola, Wes Anderson.

ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#18 ishoturface
Member since 2007 • 12460 Posts
Actually, it hasn't been officially cancelled, just put on hold for a while. It is still possible that the movie will be made.MasterKingMP
I hope it does get cancled making movies after video games and vice versa kills both games and movies but mainly games (look at the new max payne movie coming out it looks nothing like the games do at all)
Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts
If it ever gets made, I wish they would have started it with "The Fall of Reach". But instead they are just going to start it from the first Halo game.
Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Thorpe89
[QUOTE="Thorpe89"][QUOTE="MasterKingMP"]

[QUOTE="Thorpe89"]I would watch it since Peter Jackson is like the best director ever.MasterKingMP

Well yea, it IS my oppinion that he's not the best director....but in a way it's also a fact. He hasn't even directed that many movies. Now these directors deserve some more credit:

Martin Scorsese, Joel and Ethan Coen, Quentin Tarantino, David Lynch, Francis Ford Coppola, Wes Anderson.

In my eyes, I do prefer the works of Peter Jackson compared to ones like Quentin Tarantino. I shall correct it and say he is the best director, from my opinion. You've not even included Steven Spielberg in that list, who I would put above some of those names.Different directors, different styles - I guess suited for different audiences.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6224691f9a882
[QUOTE="MasterKingMP"][QUOTE="Thorpe89"][QUOTE="MasterKingMP"]

[QUOTE="Thorpe89"]I would watch it since Peter Jackson is like the best director ever.Thorpe89

In my eyes, I do prefer the works of Peter Jackson compared to ones like Quentin Tarantino. I shall correct it and say he is the best director, from my opinion. You've not even included Steven Spielberg in that list, who I would put above some of those names.Different directors, different styles - I guess suited for different audiences.

Peter Jacksons one of the best for popular culture but for anything cerebral (philosophical, social commentary, culturally groundbreaking etc) you would have to look elsewhere.

Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Thorpe89
Yeah, that is true. Same should be said for Steven. I did like the works from Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, which I guess would be in the same league as some of the ones stated.
Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Colonel_Cool
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts

I thought Peter Jackson was only producing this, and that he hired a South African guy named Neil Blompkamp or something like that to direct the movie.