The Big Bang Theory, worst show on tv?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by uninspiredcup (12314 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: The Big Bang Theory, worst show on tv? (59 votes)

Yes 32%
No 68%

"hot girl stuck with cliche nerds"

This seemed to be the concept put the programming execs and the extent of thought put into the show. It plays like something from the 1980's. The characters in "weird science" appeared to be more grounded.

I hate this show, it's shit. Discuss.

#1 Posted by Lance2500 (680 posts) -

It used to be good then became so horrible a few years ago. I wouldn't call it the worst show on tv. I don't watch much tv so I'm sure there is something worse than it out there.

#2 Posted by MlauTheDaft (4425 posts) -

It's probably not the worst but it's certainly shit. Most on TV is tbh...

#3 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -

It's cliche and dumb but I don't mind it.

What's really weird is watching it with my parents, who also enjoy it, and watching them laugh at "geek jokes" they obviously haven't the faintest clue about. The whole world of warcraft episode my parents were chuckling along as if they were understanding the jokes.

#4 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26733 posts) -

It relies too heavily on stereotypes, but is far from being the worst show. Anyone who says yes clearly doesn't watch or know about many other shows on TV.

#5 Edited by Korvus (7366 posts) -

It's entertaining enough. Not nearly as good as it was in the beginning but good enough to fill 20 mins of my time every week.

#6 Edited by Master_Live (15705 posts) -

Lets just say, it isn't any Seinfeld.

#7 Posted by Korvus (7366 posts) -

@Master_Live: Funny, I've always hated Seinfeld.

#8 Edited by uninspiredcup (12314 posts) -

Anyone like Frasier? When I was small (14) I use to ignore it. Now, I really like it and watch re-runs every morning.

#9 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (985 posts) -

@Lance2500 said:

It used to be good then became so horrible a few years ago.

That's the problem. It's premise doesn't hold enough weight to maintain a quality show for several seasons.

#10 Posted by lostrib (42020 posts) -

Not even close

#11 Edited by johnd13 (8186 posts) -

Mediocre IMO. I haven't watched all episodes but some were alright while others were meh - wouldn't call it the worst.

#12 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6855 posts) -

I quite enjoy it.

#13 Edited by themajormayor (24168 posts) -

It's garbage but not close to being worst. HIMYM is alot worse for example.

#14 Posted by jimkabrhel (15425 posts) -

I've always liked it, but it isn't "great" TV. It's dumb fun. Taste varies among people, but it's always popular to bash the high watched shows on TV, especially when it parodies nerd culture. "I hate you for making fun of the things that I like!"

#15 Posted by DarthGumballs (209 posts) -

One of the most entertaining shows on TV, ever.

#16 Posted by comp_atkins (31942 posts) -

anything on bravo is a billion times worse..

#18 Posted by the_plan_man (1664 posts) -

Not even close. Family Guy, 2 Broke Girls, anything on MTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, TLC currently, ect. Big Bang isn't even that bad, it's just "cool" to hate on it on the internet because of how popular it is. If Parks & Rec (which really pales in comparison to The Office during its glory years) got those kind of ratings, the hate would be higher on it as well.

#19 Posted by GazaAli (23598 posts) -

Yea the show is so damn cliched and cringe worthy. I honestly have no idea how it qualifies as a sitcom. Its supposed to make you laugh rofl

#20 Edited by DaBrainz (7721 posts) -

There other shows that are much worse. They do need to cut the laugh track down to about 10% of what it is now.

#21 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

its not the worst but yeah i dont watch tv anymore with how bad the shows are these days.

#22 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

God no, not even close to the worst tv show. Not even in the top 30. I don't really watch the show, but I have seen so much worthless crap on TV these days that it isn't funny.

#23 Edited by lamprey263 (25305 posts) -

I think you do too many drugs TC.

#24 Posted by destinhpark (4756 posts) -

Awful, awful show.

#25 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3773 posts) -
One of the best shows.
#26 Posted by SexyJazzCat (1453 posts) -

Anything with a high rating will get shot down on most internet communities.

#27 Posted by themajormayor (24168 posts) -

@darthgumballs said:

One of the most entertaining shows on TV, ever.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHA

#28 Posted by joehult (374 posts) -

By far the most overrated. Basically a generic Frazier+friends knock off.

#29 Posted by Lance2500 (680 posts) -

@vl4d_l3nin said:

@Lance2500 said:

It used to be good then became so horrible a few years ago.

That's the problem. It's premise doesn't hold enough weight to maintain a quality show for several seasons.

I agree they have exhausted all the good possible story angles and twists and now it is a just a sub par milk fest for money.

#30 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152293 posts) -

I don't know if it's the worst....but it's pretty bad.

#31 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7877 posts) -

@jimkabrhel said:

I've always liked it, but it isn't "great" TV. It's dumb fun. Taste varies among people, but it's always popular to bash the high watched shows on TV, especially when it parodies nerd culture. "I hate you for making fun of the things that I like!"

Pretty much my thoughts. A lot of the jokes are forced and anyone with a science back ground like the guys in the show have, knows they wouldn't be talking the way they do. But at the end of the day its stupid fun and its a Chuck Lorre Sitcom. You don't go in searching for ground breaking TV.

#32 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20072 posts) -

The comedy is rubbish. I just watch it to waste time. What else is there to do? Better myself? Fack off.

#33 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20914 posts) -

Once we start going into the cream of adult swims oh so sweet programming we'll see a whole other world of quality.

#34 Posted by CountBleck12 (4139 posts) -

I dislike the show but I definitely don't consider it the worst, you got other shit like Duck Dynasty and anything on MTV that's worse.

#35 Edited by yokofox33 (30273 posts) -

I like it... I think it's humorous even if it is cliche and bogus at times. Sheldon is annoyingly funny in his own way.

#36 Posted by megagene (23031 posts) -

It's not the worst, but it's one of the worst. I see it as on the same tier as That 70's Show.

#37 Posted by XVision84 (13804 posts) -

Used to be pretty funny in the first few seasons, then it just turned bad. I don't even watch it anymore.

#38 Edited by bowchicka07 (1104 posts) -

I'll watch it if nothing else is on but for the most part idc for it too much.

Certainly not the worst though, you have the kardashians and all that MTV reality crap.

#39 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15044 posts) -

@the_plan_man said:

Not even close. Family Guy, 2 Broke Girls, anything on MTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, TLC currently, ect. Big Bang isn't even that bad, it's just "cool" to hate on it on the internet because of how popular it is. If Parks & Rec (which really pales in comparison to The Office during its glory years) got those kind of ratings, the hate would be higher on it as well.

Ummmmm, no. People dislike this show because it's 100% garbage. The jokes are poorly set up and simple. Most importantly, they're not funny.

Loading Video...

"Not letting the bike fall on you while standing still is lesson 1". Get it? He can't ride the bike, so they have to teach him how to stand without falling. HAHA! That's a joke. You're suppose to laugh at that.

#40 Posted by the_bi99man (11058 posts) -

I know tons of people who seem to love it, but I've never got it. Every time I catch even a couple minutes of it, I'm annoyed literally to the point of anger. I just want nothing more than to personally beat the living shit out of everyone on the screen.

That said, anything with a script is better than the fucking "reality" shows that make up 90% of TV these days. That shit is a straight up plague, and is wholly responsible for the downfall of television.

#41 Posted by the_plan_man (1664 posts) -

I'd like to know what people here like to watch that's so great. Humor is subjective, so trying to objectively claim that

@limpbizkit818 said:

@the_plan_man said:

Ummmmm, no. People dislike this show because it's 100% garbage. The jokes are poorly set up and simple. Most importantly, they're not funny.

Loading Video...

"Not letting the bike fall on you while standing still is lesson 1". Get it? He can't ride the bike, so they have to teach him how to stand without falling. HAHA! That's a joke. You're suppose to laugh at that.

Limp Bizkit is a band that also has a terrible reputation, just saying. Also, people in online communities do tend to bash whatever's popular just for the sake of it, and praise something that really doesn't even deserve it (Parks & Rec).

#42 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15044 posts) -

@the_plan_man said:

I'd like to know what people here like to watch that's so great. Humor is subjective, so trying to objectively claim that

@limpbizkit818 said:

@the_plan_man said:

Loading Video...

Limp Bizkit is a band that also has a terrible reputation, just saying. Also, people in online communities do tend to bash whatever's popular just for the sake of it, and praise something that really doesn't even deserve it (Parks & Rec).

Limp Bizkit has a great reputation. That's why they have Lil' Wayne on their new song. Only true show stoppers are able to get Lil Wayne on their tracks.

Loading Video...

#43 Edited by the_bi99man (11058 posts) -

@limpbizkit818 said:

Limp Bizkit has a great reputation.

@limpbizkit818 said:

That's why they have Lil' Wayne on their new song.

@limpbizkit818 said:

Only true show stoppers are able to get Lil Wayne on their tracks.

#44 Posted by Kevlar101 (6250 posts) -

It's definitely gone to shit. It used to be funny, but now it is just painful to watch.

Two Broke Girls is way, way, waaaay worse though.

#45 Edited by Iszdope (10863 posts) -

Yes. Yes it is.

#46 Posted by chernoalpha527 (169 posts) -

Can't stand the show, its really awful now. I used to like the first two seasons but I absolutely hate the show now, almost every character is unbearably annoying.

#47 Posted by harry_james_pot (11164 posts) -

It's terrible, but far from being the worst on TV.

#48 Posted by themajormayor (24168 posts) -

To everyone that thinks people bash BBT because it's popular, Seinfeld and South Park are both very popular. And they're loved by most people here. For good reason

#49 Edited by GazaAli (23598 posts) -

@themajormayor said:

To everyone that thinks people bash BBT because it's popular, Seinfeld and South Park are both very popular. And they're loved by most people here. For good reason

Also Sheldon looks almost perfectly like a vagina. This alone should prevent one from watching this poop of a sitcom.

Bazinga? Fuck you you lame dipshit.

#50 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

You haven't watched shows like Big brother, 16 and pregnant, xfactor, have you?