-The Anime/Manga OT Thread- NW: Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Infinite_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#352 Infinite_Power
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts
[QUOTE="Infinite_Power"](ps- i couldnt find out how to put a pic in my sig in the end lol -_- )meconate
Look at your code, it needs to looks like this:

Omg it worked, ty : D
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#353 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
[QUOTE="Infinite_Power"]i just started watching, 'Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Na' and for some reason i really really like it lol, and saki. i recommend the first one, its kind of random though. : D (ps- i couldnt find out how to put a pic in my sig in the end lol -_- )

I'm watching it too. My feelings for Kirino are... I don't know, I still don't like her so much. But the anime seems cool and that's all that matter for me.
Infinite_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 Infinite_Power
[QUOTE="Miroku32"][QUOTE="Infinite_Power"]i just started watching, 'Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Na' and for some reason i really really like it lol, and saki. i recommend the first one, its kind of random though. : D (ps- i couldnt find out how to put a pic in my sig in the end lol -_- )

I'm watching it too. My feelings for Kirino are... I don't know, I still don't like her so much. But the anime seems cool and that's all that matter for me.

I actually really like her as a character, evil but nice. Love the main male character, ive watched 5 so far gonna watch the 6th when just before the 7th comes out.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#355 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
Anyone ever watched High School of the Dead ?
xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#356 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

Anyone ever watched High School of the Dead ?Young_Charter

Yup, great but currently not airing (and it's still not finished) so might wanna wait for season 2 to start at least perhaps.

Love it though, I think it's the only anime I know that's about zombies. I usually don't like zombies but it's pretty refreshing in an anime and the fanservice is loveeely~~

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#358 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
So, I'm currently looking for another great anime to watch. A recent one, if possible. But this doesn't mean throw me a zombie anime with fanservice! The anime must be on par with Baccano, Berserk, Gankutsuou, Gunslinger Girl, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist (original anime), Umineko, any other anime that's both different and great. For the love of this topic, do not (seriously) recommend me One-Piece, Bleach, Naruto, High School of the Dead, or any other anime that'd I deem rather shallow.
Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 Sunsha
Member since 2005 • 20662 Posts
So, I'm currently looking for another great anime to watch. A recent one, if possible. But this doesn't mean throw me a zombie anime with fanservice! The anime must be on par with Baccano, Berserk, Gankutsuou, Gunslinger Girl, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist (original anime), Umineko, any other anime that's both different and great. For the love of this topic, do not (seriously) recommend me One-Piece, Bleach, Naruto, High School of the Dead, or any other anime that'd I deem rather shallow.Symphonycometh
Have you seen Black Lagoon?
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]So, I'm currently looking for another great anime to watch. A recent one, if possible. But this doesn't mean throw me a zombie anime with fanservice! The anime must be on par with Baccano, Berserk, Gankutsuou, Gunslinger Girl, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist (original anime), Umineko, any other anime that's both different and great. For the love of this topic, do not (seriously) recommend me One-Piece, Bleach, Naruto, High School of the Dead, or any other anime that'd I deem rather shallow.Sunsha

I gave it a 3 episode trial, but couldn't escape the feeling the plot wasn't going to get 'better' anytime soon. ' -'
Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 Sunsha
I gave it a 3 episode trial, but couldn't escape the feeling the plot wasn't going to get 'better' anytime soon. ' -'Symphonycometh
I see. Very well...the other I would recommend is Air or Clannad. I wouldn't think those would be your style though. Not if you think the Deathnote anime is awesome. Maybe the first half is awesome the second half is meh. I only read the manga I've heard the anime isn't near as good.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]I gave it a 3 episode trial, but couldn't escape the feeling the plot wasn't going to get 'better' anytime soon. ' -'Sunsha
I see. Very well...the other I would recommend is Air or Clannad. I wouldn't think those would be your style though. Not if you think the Deathnote anime is awesome. Maybe the first half is awesome the second half is meh. I only read the manga I've heard the anime isn't near as good.

The anime is just as good in Death Note. That would just be typical manga-talk you've heard. :P But yeah, I'll admit the ball was kinda dropped in Death Note. As for Clannad/Air, I own both. I prefer Clannad: After Story. After Story was the cakes.
xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 xWoW_Rougex

[QUOTE="Sunsha"][QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]So, I'm currently looking for another great anime to watch. A recent one, if possible. But this doesn't mean throw me a zombie anime with fanservice! The anime must be on par with Baccano, Berserk, Gankutsuou, Gunslinger Girl, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist (original anime), Umineko, any other anime that's both different and great. For the love of this topic, do not (seriously) recommend me One-Piece, Bleach, Naruto, High School of the Dead, or any other anime that'd I deem rather shallow.Symphonycometh

I gave it a 3 episode trial, but couldn't escape the feeling the plot wasn't going to get 'better' anytime soon. ' -'

Durarara!, Sword of the stranger (movie), Code Geass (Death Note meet Mecha), Phantom - Requiem for a phantom.

Older: Hunter x Hunter, Witch Hunter Robin, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun

Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 Sunsha
The anime is just as good in Death Note. That would just be typical manga-talk you've heard. :P But yeah, I'll admit the ball was kinda dropped in Death Note. As for Clannad/Air, I own both. I prefer Clannad: After Story. After Story was the cakes.Symphonycometh
I disagree. After story was all omg cry all the time and then at the end is was like lol jk.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 Symphonycometh

@Xwow: How would you describe Durarara! ?And what's Requiem for a phantom about? I only have the OST, but never saw the anime. :P

@Sunsha: ... *It was the cakes until they shot themselves in the foot.

Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 Sunsha
@Sunsha: ... *It was the cakes until they shot themselves in the foot.Symphonycometh
Lol...ok. I'm watching Kanon I've watched 5 episodes...so far I like it. Did you see Ergo Proxy?
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]Anyone ever watched High School of the Dead ?xWoW_Rougex

Yup, great but currently not airing (and it's still not finished) so might wanna wait for season 2 to start at least perhaps.

Love it though, I think it's the only anime I know that's about zombies. I usually don't like zombies but it's pretty refreshing in an anime and the fanservice is loveeely~~

The first season was awesome... They better hurry the heck up with season 2 lol :P

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]@Sunsha: ... *It was the cakes until they shot themselves in the foot.Sunsha
Lol...ok. I'm watching Kanon I've watched 5 episodes...so far I like it. Did you see Ergo Proxy?

I'm told Kanon was pretty good as well. If it exceeds After Story, without the bullet-in-foot, I'll check it out. As for Ergo Proxy, I don't believe I have.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#369 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

So, I'm currently looking for another great anime to watch. A recent one, if possible. But this doesn't mean throw me a zombie anime with fanservice! The anime must be on par with Baccano, Berserk, Gankutsuou, Gunslinger Girl, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist (original anime), Umineko, any other anime that's both different and great. For the love of this topic, do not (seriously) recommend me One-Piece, Bleach, Naruto, High School of the Dead, or any other anime that'd I deem rather shallow.Symphonycometh

Rurouni Kenshin

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#370 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]So, I'm currently looking for another great anime to watch. A recent one, if possible. But this doesn't mean throw me a zombie anime with fanservice! The anime must be on par with Baccano, Berserk, Gankutsuou, Gunslinger Girl, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist (original anime), Umineko, any other anime that's both different and great. For the love of this topic, do not (seriously) recommend me One-Piece, Bleach, Naruto, High School of the Dead, or any other anime that'd I deem rather shallow.chessmaster1989

Rurouni Kenshin

Samurai X, Trust and Betrayal.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 Symphonycometh
Seen it when I was younger, Kenshin.
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]So, I'm currently looking for another great anime to watch. A recent one, if possible. But this doesn't mean throw me a zombie anime with fanservice! The anime must be on par with Baccano, Berserk, Gankutsuou, Gunslinger Girl, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist (original anime), Umineko, any other anime that's both different and great. For the love of this topic, do not (seriously) recommend me One-Piece, Bleach, Naruto, High School of the Dead, or any other anime that'd I deem rather shallow.BranKetra

Rurouni Kenshin

Seen this too. That was bags and them some. More anime movies need to be that good.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#372 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]So, I'm currently looking for another great anime to watch. A recent one, if possible. But this doesn't mean throw me a zombie anime with fanservice! The anime must be on par with Baccano, Berserk, Gankutsuou, Gunslinger Girl, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist (original anime), Umineko, any other anime that's both different and great. For the love of this topic, do not (seriously) recommend me One-Piece, Bleach, Naruto, High School of the Dead, or any other anime that'd I deem rather shallow.BranKetra

Rurouni Kenshin

Never watched that because I just read the manga after finishing the first two seasons of the anime. The manga was amazing (even better than the anime).

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 branketra

Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal

Never watched that because I just read the manga after finishing the first two seasons of the anime. The manga was amazing (even better than the anime). chessmaster1989

I agree. The OVA's one of my favorite movies. I prefer the manga, too, because the original Hiko Seijuro is shown, but since I watched the anime first I was reading it with their voices. I haven't watched Rurouni Kenshin through the Kyoto Arc...with Shishio, or read through that part, though.

Seen this too. That was bags and them some. More anime movies need to be that good.Symphonycometh

Hunter X Hunter's already been mentioned. Grappler Baki's good, but the mangas are so superior that the anime's like a tutorial level in a video game in comparison. Street Fighter II Victory is great. Shadow Skill, Hajime No Ippo, G Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam, Yu Yu Hakusho.

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

gintama is the best thing ever.

this thread should become a gintama discussion thread.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

alfredooo
I'd second that. Though it's a darn shame the show is on hold. :(
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 Young_Charter

alfredooo
lol :P I lol
Infinite_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 Infinite_Power
Ive watched the first season if clannad and i loved it alot, gonna watch the second season later, I watched the first 2 episodes of kanon and for me its nearly the same as clannad, but i still loved going to watch it later clannad after story, Are there any other good anime from the same company that made clannad and kanon?
xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 xWoW_Rougex

@Xwow: How would you describe Durarara! ?And what's Requiem for a phantom about? I only have the OST, but never saw the anime. :P

@Sunsha: ... *It was the cakes until they shot themselves in the foot.

Symphonycometh

Durarara! I believe is pretty unique and if I am right, it's the makers of Baccano that also made this one? Anyway, great animation, best intros ever and a bit weird. A bit like Baccano with the episodes... Requiem for a phantom is about a girl and guy, brainwashed to be emotionless assassins for the mob.

In my opinion, both very good.

[QUOTE="alfredooo"]

Locutus_Picard

I'd second that. Though it's a darn shame the show is on hold. :(

Also this. Why is Gintama so good really? Great action. Even greater comedy/parody. Yet it also manages to make a bit sad when they try. (episode examples: [spoiler] arc when Gintoki turned into a cat, arc with the old man and the old dog, episode 40-43 with Kagura heading home. [/spoiler] )

The comedy is right up my alley, I just love it's silly and random comedy. Like the ice statue episode, the sushi bar episode, the running floor scene with that whole family and so many others I unfortunately can't remember right now. It's not the usual anime with school kids and panty shots, blushing stuttering girls etc... And it's not the usual fighting anime either with "Blood Rose: TEN PETALS OF DISGRACE; GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!, what, he blocked it, how is that possible?!?! "hwhaha, Shielded Human Doll: Fragile mirror!!!"-crap either.

The characters feel awesome, Gintoki a bit cliche protagonist but still, he's awesome and the voice actors voice fits perfectly. This is even more true with Kagura, I never get tired of listening to her, she sounds so good. Also, Sa-chans voice when she screams for sum love turns me on.

I'd also like to recommend Scrapped Princess for you guys out there, it's one of the few animes I've rewatched 3-4 times.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 Locutus_Picard

I'm telling ya, it's because people these days have a severe Calcium deficiency that Gintama isn't appreciated enough. :(

And I swear I laughed my ass off on the moving platform, was gasping for breath literally XD the rest of the episode was meh though.
The episode in which Kagura couldn't fall asleep, the sad story about the little girl and the dog made me weep. :cry:
Taka-tin is btw the coolest american ever XD

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 Locutus_Picard

I want to add, the first 80 or 100 episode are so are funny but the humor gets LMAO worthy afterwards. It's one of the few series of cartoon in which the humour actually gets better each episode.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 Young_Charter
We've been going pretty strong for the past few days when I've only made this less than a week and few day ago :D I wanted to thank everyone once again for supporting this thread :D
Infinite_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 Infinite_Power

Do any of you guys know of any other anime/manga forums/chat or sites. ?

wildjango64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 wildjango64
Member since 2009 • 3537 Posts

Guys I'm looking for agood anime to watch.

I'm not a huge anime fan, but the things I like are Death Note, Elfen Lied, Dragon Ball Z, Bleach,Full Metal Alchemist, I'm looking for something with a good plot, maybe in like a medeival or fantasy setting with action and some humour..

any recommendations?

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 xWoW_Rougex

I'm not a huge anime fan, but the things I like are Death Note, Elfen Lied, Dragon Ball Z, Bleach,Full Metal Alchemist, I'm looking for something with a good plot, maybe in like a medeival or fantasy setting with action and some humour..

any recommendations?

wildjango64

If you don't mind robot stuff, Code Geass.
An on going anime is Legend of Legendary Heroes (corny name though lol but still really good)
For some non-action but more of adventure/trading in a medieval fantasy world, try Spice and Wolf.
An old and great shonen is Hunter x Hunter.
For some old fantasy anime, try Scrapped Princess
Also, Soul Eater. And Darker than Black if you still don't mind modern times.

Also, Sword of the Stranger is a great movie with awesome action.

edit: Also Gintama AMV, really love it. Makes me remember a lot of good scenes. :P

wildjango64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 wildjango64
Member since 2009 • 3537 Posts

I decided to watch Trinity Blood, the first episode was great.

Next I think i'm going to jump on Black Cat

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#386 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

any recommendations?

wildjango64

If you like Steampunk animes I think Ergo Proxy is for you.

Action and some mystery I recommend **** Darker than Black, Soul Eater are also great.

Mechas then I suggest Eureka Seven and Code Geass.

Cool action then Murder Princess although being an ova it only has 6 episodes.

And if you like Shounen then watch Fairy Tail, great anime.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#387 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts

Damn, we have a proper anime/manga discussion thread? Sweet. That actually reminds me of something, but nevermind. I didn't read through the whole thread, but seems like a lot of oldish anime being talked about. What are people currently watching? I'm enjoying Katanagatari the most at the moment, though it comes out once a month. I'm also really liking Bakuman and The World Only God Knows and the Oreimo Imouto thing show...and a few others.

But anyway...so....how many people here have watched Saki?

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 Symphonycometh

Same makers as Baccano!? Durarara it is! Requiem of a Phantom, and Ergo Proxy. Everything else, I've already watched and/or tried to watch.

I'm telling ya, it's because people these days have a severe Calcium deficiency that Gintama isn't appreciated enough. :(

And I swear I laughed my ass off on the moving platform, was gasping for breath literally XD the rest of the episode was meh though.
The episode in which Kagura couldn't fall asleep, the sad story about the little girl and the dog made me weep. :cry:

Locutus_Picard

What's so unique about the show? Last I checked, it was pretty by the books, hence the no-love.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 Symphonycometh
Ah! While I'm here, mystery animes and horror animes! I need to sharpen up on my horror. Now, I'd like to give mention that during my search for these types of animes, I've noticed that people label animes "horror" or "mystery" when there's absolutely none to be had. Monster was hardly a mystery and Death Note is not horror. ' -' So if you recommend, please make sure you pick out animes that are gonna freaking give me nightmares (lolwow) or mysteries that are actual mysteries. (Think Persona 4 or Heavy Rain or Umineko)
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 Young_Charter

Do any of you guys know of any other anime/manga forums/chat or sites. ?

Infinite_Power
No... That is why this one was born in the first place.
Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#391 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts

Ah! While I'm here, mystery animes and horror animes! I need to sharpen up on my horror. Now, I'd like to give mention that during my search for these types of animes, I've noticed that people label animes "horror" or "mystery" when there's absolutely none to be had. Monster was hardly a mystery and Death Note is not horror. ' -' So if you recommend, please make sure you pick out animes that are gonna freaking give me nightmares (lolwow) or mysteries that are actual mysteries. (Think Persona 4 or Heavy Rain or Umineko)Symphonycometh

You could try Occult Gakuin, one of my favourite shows this year. It's not really horror, but it has a horror/occult theme. It probably has more in the line of mysteries. That said mystery and horror anime aren't my biggest following, so don't know how it would stack up for you. Safe to say though that I enjoyed it much, much more than Highschool Of The Dead.

It's got a pretty nice OP too.

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 xWoW_Rougex

Same makers as Baccano!? Durarara it is! Requiem of a Phantom, and Ergo Proxy. Everything else, I've already watched and/or tried to watch.[QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"]

Symphonycometh

What's so unique about the show? Last I checked, it was pretty by the books, hence the no-love.

Here's a few clips from Gintama, what is there not to like?!
Goddess of Victory
The Neo Armstrong Jet Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon
Gintoki's Zanpakutou
Moving floor (shortest clip of these, watch it at least. :D )

No spoilers since it's mostly episodic anyway.

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 alfredooo

Same makers as Baccano!? Durarara it is! Requiem of a Phantom, and Ergo Proxy. Everything else, I've already watched and/or tried to watch.[QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"]

Symphonycometh

gintama trolls its own fanbase by making fake movie trailers and saying the show is ending when it really isn't. Also, I just rewatched an episode were the parodies went so deep it ended up parodying itself.

Pretty unique and awesome.

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 alfredooo

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]

xWoW_Rougex

Goddess of Victory
Gintoki's Zanpakutou

gintoki's zanpaktou = best bleach parody ever

it never gets old

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 xWoW_Rougex

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]

alfredooo

gintama trolls its own fanbase by making fake movie trailers and saying the show is ending when it really isn't. Also, I just rewatched an episode were the parodies went so deep it ended up parodying itself.

lol yeah that's why I was like "man they're just trolling again" but then... then it was really over!!! :cry:

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 alfredooo

Locutus_Picard

gotta love the random sad stories they throw at you from time to time.

anyone remember katsura's stories while counting sheep or while learning to drive?

they actually make you sad but then the massive lulz come out of nowhere when you least expect it.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 Locutus_Picard

[QUOTE="alfredooo"]

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"] What's so unique about the show? Last I checked, it was pretty by the books, hence the no-love.

xWoW_Rougex

lol yeah that's why I was like "man they're just trolling again" but then... then it was really over!!! :cry:

Yeah but Sunrise (the studio animating Gintama) going backrupt was really believable. :P
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I need recommendations for manga? I read shoujo and josei mostly I liked: Honey and Clover Hotaru no Hikari (I watched Drama actually) Usagi Drop NANA Kimi ni todoke anything by Shimura Takako etc.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 branketra

I need recommendations for manga? I read shoujo and josei mostly I liked: Honey and Clover Hotaru no Hikari (I watched Drama actually) Usagi Drop NANA Kimi ni todoke anything by Shimura Takako etc.funsohng

Baki

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 Symphonycometh

[QUOTE="xWoW_Rougex"]

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"] What's so unique about the show? Last I checked, it was pretty by the books, hence the no-love.

alfredooo

Goddess of Victory
Gintoki's Zanpakutou

gintoki's zanpaktou = best bleach parody ever

it never gets old

*Whistles* Certainly not what I remembered on my read (manga). Either I am thinking the wrong series or I stopped too early.