~~-The Anime/Manga OT Thread-~~ NW:Hajjime No Ippo

#401 Posted by funsohng (27614 posts) -

[QUOTE="funsohng"]I need recommendations for manga? I read shoujo and josei mostly I liked: Honey and Clover Hotaru no Hikari (I watched Drama actually) Usagi Drop NANA Kimi ni todoke anything by Shimura Takako etc.BranKetra

*Hanma Baki pic*

do you know what Shoujo and Josei mean? at least read what I want before giving out random recommendations plz.
#402 Posted by Wanderer5 (25699 posts) -

Yay new chapter of Rosario + Vampire II. Season II has been superb, 1000 times better than the anime...

#403 Posted by Gr33nHippo (21605 posts) -
[QUOTE="funsohng"]I need recommendations for manga? I read shoujo and josei mostly I liked: Honey and Clover Hotaru no Hikari (I watched Drama actually) Usagi Drop NANA Kimi ni todoke anything by Shimura Takako etc.

Kimi n-..... dang. That's the only shoujo I've seen... I hear Nodame Cantabile is good though.
#404 Posted by Bigboss232 (4997 posts) -

The anime time of eve is pretty good crunchy roll exclusive but im sure you can find it somewhere.

#405 Posted by AtlanticRock (8122 posts) -

-itching for naruto manga 517-

The ninja war is going to be so awesome... -hoping Zabuza gets his rematch and Deidara blows people up-

#406 Posted by xWoW_Rougex (2755 posts) -

I need recommendations for manga? I read shoujo and josei mostly I liked: Honey and Clover Hotaru no Hikari (I watched Drama actually) Usagi Drop NANA Kimi ni todoke anything by Shimura Takako etc.funsohng

Fruits Basket maybe?

#407 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
I need recommendations for manga? I read shoujo and josei mostly I liked: Honey and Clover Hotaru no Hikari (I watched Drama actually) Usagi Drop NANA Kimi ni todoke anything by Shimura Takako etc.funsohng
Why don't you watch Kaichou Wa Maid Sama? It is a shoujo according to the sites although I disagree, I think it is more a romance.
#408 Posted by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -
What do you guys do the most ? Anime or Games ?
#409 Posted by Infinite_Power (139 posts) -
i love anime, and i love playing games. Call of duty, fall out, fifa, f 1, dirt, gears of war and so on. but i dont get much time to play games or watch loads of anime because im to busy studying for my courses.. -_- I love anime more btw of course : D
#410 Posted by commonfate (12252 posts) -

Games.

#411 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29109 posts) -
What do you guys do the most ? Anime or Games ? Young_Charter
Varies. Over the summer I watched a lot more anime and didn't play games much at all, now I'm back at college and playing more games than watching anime.
#412 Posted by Infinite_Power (139 posts) -

Games.

commonfate
U like final fantasy?
#413 Posted by commonfate (12252 posts) -

[QUOTE="commonfate"]

Games.

Infinite_Power

U like final fantasy?

Well my avatar is from my favorite game of all time so...

#414 Posted by Sphire (2070 posts) -

Hmm, I've been gaming for quite some time, while I've only properly been watching anime for about 5-6 years. It's a tough call as to which I do more, since I tend to focus on one when I'm really enjoying it. With limited free time, that's how it is. I tend to always have something to watch though (even if it ain't great), while sometimes I find myself wanting in the games department. Plus it's much easier to start/stop watching shows anytime, whereas to play games, I usually have to make sure I've got a few hours free.

As for which I prefer, well, I prefer my fav anime shows over most games I've played, but my fav games slightly win out overall. It's a good mix-up though.

Anyway, is no one else watching Katanagatari? Just got done watching ep 11, and man, it's another agonizing wait for the last ep.

#415 Posted by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -

[QUOTE="Infinite_Power"][QUOTE="commonfate"]

Games.

commonfate

U like final fantasy?

so no.. :P
#416 Posted by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -
The AC Brotherhood is up on the PS3 fourms in case you guys are interested ;)
#417 Posted by funsohng (27614 posts) -
Why don't you watch Kaichou Wa Maid Sama? It is a shoujo according to the sites although I disagree, I think it is more a romance. Miroku32
I read it. Manga is definitely shoujo. I liked it.
Fruits Basket maybe?xWoW_Rougex
on my to-read list. didn't like it at first tho. (read it long time ago)
Kimi n-..... dang. That's the only shoujo I've seen... I hear Nodame Cantabile is good though. Gr33nHippo
I... cant... find... Nodame... tho..!!! been looking for everywhere.
#418 Posted by funsohng (27614 posts) -
What do you guys do the most ? Anime or Games ? Young_Charter
I don't watch animes anymore, but I do read manga more than games in most occasions.
#419 Posted by BranKetra (48182 posts) -

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"]I need recommendations for manga? I read shoujo and josei mostly I liked: Honey and Clover Hotaru no Hikari (I watched Drama actually) Usagi Drop NANA Kimi ni todoke anything by Shimura Takako etc.funsohng

*Hanma Baki pic*

do you know what Shoujo and Josei mean? at least read what I want before giving out random recommendations plz.

No, but I know they don't mean. Shonen is mostly action...males. I'm still recommending. ;)

#420 Posted by dreamdude (4611 posts) -

Yay new chapter of Rosario + Vampire II. Season II has been superb, 1000 times better than the anime...

Wanderer5

Fully agree! I love how the art style has developed since th first season.

*Sigh*

I've sworn off manga/anime for a week so I can get school work done.

One day in and I'm suffering....:cry:

#421 Posted by TicTac8745 (3902 posts) -
Hello everyone! I'm here cause I decided to abandon this same thread that I made on GameSpot AU - not enough anime people there except Sphire and me being the active ones. Now I shall sit and wait patiently till the next episode of Ika Musume comes out.
#422 Posted by funsohng (27614 posts) -

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]

*Hanma Baki pic*

BranKetra

No, but I know they don't mean. Shonen is mostly action...males. I'm still recommending. ;)

that's exactly what I am not looking for.
#423 Posted by freek666 (22312 posts) -

Wanderer5

The manga is still going? Shows what I know. The animes were mediocre at best, had some moments but it was dull even as far as fan service goes.

Hello everyone! I'm here cause I decided to abandon this same thread that I made on GameSpot AU - not enough anime people there except Sphire and me being the active ones. Now I shall sit and wait patiently till the next episode of Ika Musume comes out. TicTac8745

How odd to see you around here :P

On a side note my anime folder has finally reached over 300GB with 54 series in total.

Also waiting for new Yosuga No Sora (NAO ARC YEYEYEYEYEYE) and other shows.

#424 Posted by Infinite_Power (139 posts) -

[QUOTE="Infinite_Power"][QUOTE="commonfate"]

Games.

commonfate

U like final fantasy?

Lol i love that game too, the ending was too sad for me
#425 Posted by Infinite_Power (139 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

freek666

The manga is still going? Shows what I know. The animes were mediocre at best, had some moments but it was dull even as far as fan service goes.

Hello everyone! I'm here cause I decided to abandon this same thread that I made on GameSpot AU - not enough anime people there except Sphire and me being the active ones. Now I shall sit and wait patiently till the next episode of Ika Musume comes out. TicTac8745

On a side note my anime folder has finally reached over 300GB with 54 series in total.

Also waiting for new Yosuga No Sora (NAO ARC YEYEYEYEYEYE) and other shows.

lol ive only got 18 series in my anime folder, and my anime folder is 200gb, i only watch 720p or 1080p.
#426 Posted by Wanderer5 (25699 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

freek666

Give the manga a try. WAY better story and doesn't go as much overboard on the fan service as the anime, especially season 2.

#427 Posted by TicTac8745 (3902 posts) -

freek666

Hey bro!

Nice work - I recently had to up my anime server to 2TB cause I was fast running out of space.

Note to self - have to watch Tantei Milky Opera Holmes later on.

#428 Posted by xWoW_Rougex (2755 posts) -

Damn guys, you know you can delete files from your PC right? :P There's no need to keep every anime file you got!!!

#429 Posted by Sphire (2070 posts) -

[QUOTE="freek666"]

TicTac8745

Hey bro!

Nice work - I recently had to up my anime server to 2TB cause I was fast running out of space.

Note to self - have to watch Tantei Milky Opera Holmes later on.

That reminds me, I need to start transfering more files into my anime drive. Sometimes I get lazy and just delete them (gasp! the horror :P), but with good ones, gotta keep those. My puny 250gb on my laptop just can't keep up!

Also, I too am patiently waiting on Ika Musume. Was sceptical at first, but it's an awesome fun watch.

#430 Posted by superdum2 (1558 posts) -
#431 Posted by alfredooo (2664 posts) -
#432 Posted by Infinite_Power (139 posts) -
What detail of anime do you guys watch, 720p 1080p etc? Which software do you guys use to watch anime with?, i personally use zoom because it plays subtitles perfectly and plays opening and endings on each episode even if the op and ed are seperate files. also media player classic is good.
#433 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29109 posts) -

[QUOTE="superdum2"]

http://myanimelist.net/profile/superdum2

theres my mal i also make amvs but most of them suck the one im working on now i feal will have a great outcom

http://www.youtube.com/user/superdum2

alfredooo

you are watching fma brotherhood too?

just finished that last night, pretty awesome. I got to a point were I couldn't stop watching.

FMAB was definitely better than FMA I thought. It was good, the only problem for me was that I couldn't find myself caring that much about Ed or Al, even though I really liked a lot of the other characters (esp. Roy Mustang).

#434 Posted by alfredooo (2664 posts) -

[QUOTE="alfredooo"]

[QUOTE="superdum2"]

http://myanimelist.net/profile/superdum2

theres my mal i also make amvs but most of them suck the one im working on now i feal will have a great outcom

http://www.youtube.com/user/superdum2

chessmaster1989

you are watching fma brotherhood too?

just finished that last night, pretty awesome. I got to a point were I couldn't stop watching.

FMAB was definitely better than FMA I thought. It was good, the only problem for me was that I couldn't find myself caring that much about Ed or Al, even though I really liked a lot of the other characters (esp. Roy Mustang).

Agreed. It was hard to sympathize, especially with Al, for me (maybe because he is just a giant suit of armor? may be discriminatory, but I can't help it)

And while I got the point of getting Al's original body back, never really got why Ed wanted his limbs back so badly, he depended on them for fighting and automail arm = badass.

But even then I really loved everything else about the series.

You watched the original? Is there any point in watching that now if I watched Brotherhood?

#435 Posted by Espada12 (23248 posts) -

Agreed. It was hard to sympathize, especially with Al, for me (maybe because he is just a giant suit of armor? may be discriminatory, but I can't help it)

And while I got the point of getting Al's original body back, never really got why Ed wanted his limbs back so badly, he depended on them for fighting and automail arm = badass.

You watched the original? Is there any point in watching that now if I watched Brotherhood?

alfredooo

The original is ok and you should watch it since it's like a whole different story.

#436 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29109 posts) -

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

[QUOTE="alfredooo"] you are watching fma brotherhood too?

alfredooo

No point to watching the original if you watched Brotherhood. Brotherhood is better and the part where the original outpaces the manga is very meh.

And yeah, I also wondered why Ed was so keen on getting his limbs back. His automail was pretty awesome.

#437 Posted by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -
[QUOTE="commonfate"]

[QUOTE="Infinite_Power"] U like final fantasy?Infinite_Power

Lol i love that game too, the ending was too sad for me

How ?? I thought it was epic and war like
#438 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
I have been wondering in watching the other FMA but after reading the other posts I decided not to waste my time of it. Brotherhood is the way to go. Talking about Brotherhood, I hate Youtube, they erased my AMV of FMAB.
#439 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29109 posts) -

I have been wondering in watching the other FMA but after reading the other posts I decided not to waste my time of it. Brotherhood is the way to go. Talking about Brotherhood, I hate Youtube, they erased my AMV of FMAB.Miroku32

So just find a site to stream from. :P

#440 Posted by DealRogers (4567 posts) -

Anyone knows a site where I can watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga online? I found a couple of places but they didn't work.

#441 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -

[QUOTE="Miroku32"]I have been wondering in watching the other FMA but after reading the other posts I decided not to waste my time of it. Brotherhood is the way to go. Talking about Brotherhood, I hate Youtube, they erased my AMV of FMAB.chessmaster1989

So just find a site to stream from. :P

I guess I'll have to do it. I enjoyed making it and want to share it, not let it rot on my pc.
#442 Posted by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -
Death Note is very interesting... I should've watched this a long time ago out of all of my other animes.. lol
#443 Posted by alfredooo (2664 posts) -

What detail of anime do you guys watch, 720p 1080p etc? Which software do you guys use to watch anime with?, i personally use zoom because it plays subtitles perfectly and plays opening and endings on each episode even if the op and ed are seperate files. also media player classic is good.Infinite_Power

you are all pros downloading your shows on HD.... I stream 99% of my stuff (I'm a noob)

I usually have no trouble finding anything and downloading is only used as a last resource.... but of course with streaming you usually have to sacrifice quality.

#444 Posted by Infinite_Power (139 posts) -

[QUOTE="Infinite_Power"]What detail of anime do you guys watch, 720p 1080p etc? Which software do you guys use to watch anime with?, i personally use zoom because it plays subtitles perfectly and plays opening and endings on each episode even if the op and ed are seperate files. also media player classic is good.alfredooo

you are all pros downloading your shows on HD.... I stream 99% of my stuff (I'm a noob)

I usually have no trouble finding anything and downloading is only used as a last resource.... but of course with streaming you usually have to sacrifice quality.

When i first starting watching anime i used to watch naruto and bleach on stream, very low detail and it werent that enjoyable, but when i started watching all my anime on download it became more fun to watch. for me video quality = anime quality.
#445 Posted by funsohng (27614 posts) -
Death Note is very interesting... I should've watched this a long time ago out of all of my other animes.. lol Young_Charter
just watch it till the half way point. the first half is amazing, the latter half is painful.
#446 Posted by TicTac8745 (3902 posts) -
What detail of anime do you guys watch, 720p 1080p etc? Which software do you guys use to watch anime with?, i personally use zoom because it plays subtitles perfectly and plays opening and endings on each episode even if the op and ed are seperate files. also media player classic is good.Infinite_Power
Was fine with Xvid encodes in the past - now I aim for 720p mkv as a minimum. I also try to have a whole series done by one subbing group for consistency as well.
#447 Posted by TicTac8745 (3902 posts) -

Wooo!!!! God like drumming from Ika!

#448 Posted by Infinite_Power (139 posts) -
[QUOTE="Infinite_Power"]What detail of anime do you guys watch, 720p 1080p etc? Which software do you guys use to watch anime with?, i personally use zoom because it plays subtitles perfectly and plays opening and endings on each episode even if the op and ed are seperate files. also media player classic is good.TicTac8745
Was fine with Xvid encodes in the past - now I aim for 720p mkv as a minimum. I also try to have a whole series done by one subbing group for consistency as well.

i always get anime by one subbing group
#449 Posted by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]Death Note is very interesting... I should've watched this a long time ago out of all of my other animes.. lol funsohng
just watch it till the half way point. the first half is amazing, the latter half is painful.

till I get up to 15 or so ? I am already I think on 11- 12.. [spoiler] the episode when they were playing tennis [/spoiler]
#450 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"]Death Note is very interesting... I should've watched this a long time ago out of all of my other animes.. lol Young_Charter

till I get up to 15 or so ? I am already I think on 11- 12.. [spoiler] the episode when they were playing tennis [/spoiler]

I loved that episode [spoiler] Light was falling in L trap [/spoiler]