Terrorist attack in London

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
BBC News: A man has died and two are injured after police responded to a reported machete attack in south-east London. 1744: Nick Robinson Political editor This is being treated as a serious terrorist attack by Islamist extremists on the streets of Britain. 1741: Nick Robinson Political editor Senior Whitehall sources have told the BBC the Woolwich attackers are thought to have tried to film their attack whilst shouting "Allahu Akbar" - God is Great. The men were said to have been of Muslim appearance. Just heard about this now. Government has called an emergency meeting.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
An Emergency meeting because of a machete attack? Only in London I suppose.
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 michaelP4
An Emergency meeting because of a machete attack? Only in London I suppose. ferrari2001
Well yeah, the government has a responsibility to protect its people... not every day in the UK you have somebody randomly attacking another person with a machete.
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

wasn't the guy attacked a soldier wearing a help for heroes shirt? that is what it said earlier.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 michaelP4
Yeah, that's what happened. Truly disgusting.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ferrari2001
[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]An Emergency meeting because of a machete attack? Only in London I suppose. michaelP4
Well yeah, the government has a responsibility to protect its people... not every day in the UK you have somebody randomly attacking another person with a machete.

And why does the government need an emergency meeting. Can't the police just arrest the guy and be done with it. What are they going to do, legislate Machete's?
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 michaelP4
Obviously not. Could be more planned attacks on the way, info etc. I'd rather have the government meeting about it instead of just sitting around.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

and the cycle of hate and fear continues

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ferrari2001
Obviously not. Could be more planned attacks on the way, info etc. I'd rather have the government meeting about it instead of just sitting around.michaelP4
governments don't do anything though. They meet, they talk, they come up with some law that does nothing, and then go home patting themselves on the back. I fail to see what the government could possibly do that the police and nation security forces can't do better.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

Just saw a video of it on the news. They literally stood there proud as punch until the police arrived. I hope they die slow and painful deaths.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

BBC News: A man has died and two are injured after police responded to a reported machete attack in south-east London. 1744: Nick Robinson Political editor This is being treated as a serious terrorist attack by Islamist extremists on the streets of Britain. 1741: Nick Robinson Political editor Senior Whitehall sources have told the BBC the Woolwich attackers are thought to have tried to film their attack whilst shouting "Allahu Akbar" - God is Great. The men were said to have been of Muslim appearance. Just heard about this now. Government has called an emergency meeting.michaelP4

Had he used a GUN, I'm guessing a dozen people would have been injured and/or killed.

Thank goodness for gun laws over there.

Yes, I'm using this as an example of why gun laws/restrictions are a good thing - to prevent psychos from doing more damage.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

stay classy muslims

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Leejjohno

[QUOTE="michaelP4"]BBC News: A man has died and two are injured after police responded to a reported machete attack in south-east London. 1744: Nick Robinson Political editor This is being treated as a serious terrorist attack by Islamist extremists on the streets of Britain. 1741: Nick Robinson Political editor Senior Whitehall sources have told the BBC the Woolwich attackers are thought to have tried to film their attack whilst shouting "Allahu Akbar" - God is Great. The men were said to have been of Muslim appearance. Just heard about this now. Government has called an emergency meeting.Netherscourge

Had he used a GUN, I'm guessing a dozen people who have been injured and/or killed.

Well that's just it. They stood there and tried to justify their actions to a crowd of people.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Just saw a video of it on the news. They literally stood there proud as punch until the police arrived. I hope they die slow and painful deaths.

Leejjohno

While revenge isn't the answer, I hope they get the trial and sentance portion over with fairly quickly. 

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Leejjohno

[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

Yusuke420

While revenge isn't the answer, I hope they get the trial and sentance portion over with fairly quickly. 

Dude, they hacked some guy to death for no other reason than the T-shirt he was wearing supports veterans. Fight fire with fire. 

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

Leejjohno

Dude, they hacked some guy to death for no other reason than the T-shirt he was wearing supports veterans. Fight fire with fire. 

Why so then the families of those people can also become violent? Vengance is a never ending cycle, don't fall into that trap. 

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
People only care about terrorist attacks only if they happen in the US.
Avatar image for PWSteal_Ldpinch
PWSteal_Ldpinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PWSteal_Ldpinch
Member since 2011 • 1172 Posts

And why does the government need an emergency meeting. Can't the police just arrest the guy and be done with it. What are they going to do, legislate Machete's? ferrari2001
Authorities have a different approach for crimes that are considered hate crimes. For example, a woman in london was jailed for 41 weeks for saying racist things on a bus.

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Leejjohno

[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"] While revenge isn't the answer, I hope they get the trial and sentance portion over with fairly quickly. 

Yusuke420

Why so then the families of those people can also become violent? Vengance is a never ending cycle, don't fall into that trap. 

It's called making an example. Getting to spend the rest of your life in some cushy jail is not comeuppance.

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

People only care about terrorist attacks only if they happen in the US.Nengo_Flow

You're darn straight. 

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

Leejjohno

It's called making an example. Getting to spend the rest of your life in some cushy jail is not comeuppance.

Jail is cushy? Also we have been bombing arab countries for over a decade now and it hasn't worked as a "deterrent" what makes you think an execution will? You're just trying to appeal to the base desire of revenge and you're better then that!

daabulls23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 daabulls23
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

[QUOTE="michaelP4"]BBC News: A man has died and two are injured after police responded to a reported machete attack in south-east London. 1744: Nick Robinson Political editor This is being treated as a serious terrorist attack by Islamist extremists on the streets of Britain. 1741: Nick Robinson Political editor Senior Whitehall sources have told the BBC the Woolwich attackers are thought to have tried to film their attack whilst shouting "Allahu Akbar" - God is Great. The men were said to have been of Muslim appearance. Just heard about this now. Government has called an emergency meeting.Leejjohno

Had he used a GUN, I'm guessing a dozen people who have been injured and/or killed.

Well that's just it. They stood there and tried to justify their actions to a crowd of people.

That's really weird. They still had weapons in their hands, they just didn't use them. It's like they wanted to target one person and that was it.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
Okay, I'm happy this isn't as bad as the title makes it out to be.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

Leejjohno

Except "making an example" never seems to work. Also the whole innocent people being killed and being more expensive than regular confinement.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Oh, that's lovely...

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Multiculturalism at it's finest.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

can you imagine if terrorists decided to just carry out small attacks like that on a daily basis? it would be pretty hard to pick them up beforehand.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

misleading title...

sad, dont get me wrong.  But I was worried it was something major.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts
Why don't they just arrest them?
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 michaelP4

misleading title...

mrbojangles25
No it's not. The authorities consider this a terrorist attack. Just because only one person died doesn't mean it's not. Terrorist attacks happen all the time and doesn't always result in the deaths of people. Terrorists seek to spread fear and anxiety - not to necessarily kill people.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Not too long ago in San Jose a homeless guy with a samurai sword killed a homeless woman.  The police arrested the guy.  No national emergency was called.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts
seems less organized, probably organically sprouted out of the situation in Sweden, not through some terrorist network
zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts
Human beings can be downright disgusting.
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 michaelP4

Not too long ago in San Jose a homeless guy with a samurai sword killed a homeless woman.  The police arrested the guy.  No national emergency was called.

GummiRaccoon
You should do further reading. ITV News has more in-depth coverage. This isn't just a personal attack. It was an attack on Britain, British society and values. The man that was killed there was killed for political reasons. I'm sure the government is not just having a meet for the fun of it. Could be more attacks like this being planned. And while this may not be big news in America, it's all over UK news channels.
darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

They deserve worse than jail time but they will learn the true definition of butthurt don't drop the soap now.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

michaelP4

You should do further reading. ITV News has more in-depth coverage. This isn't just a personal attack. It was an attack on Britain, British society and values. The man that was killed there was killed for political reasons. I'm sure the government is not just having a meet for the fun of it. Could be more attacks like this being planned. And while this may not be big news in America, it's all over UK news channels.

Congrats on letting the terrorists win.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keZFXWm3XC8 crazy
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
So every time a Muslim kills someone its a damn terrorist attack,foh
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts
It looks like a meat cleaver.. not a machete
Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

Okay England . . you know what to do now right?

Apologize to the muslims and let a million more of them into your country.

That strategy seems to be working well for you.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#42 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

If he had a gun, this wouldn't have happened.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

michaelP4

Well, I'd imagine that all of the knife related attacks in London are attacks on society. Why is this one unique? The weapon that was used? The victim? The man who wield the weapon?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

misleading title...

michaelP4

No it's not. The authorities consider this a terrorist attack. Just because only one person died doesn't mean it's not. Terrorist attacks happen all the time and doesn't always result in the deaths of people. Terrorists seek to spread fear and anxiety - not to necessarily kill people.

Technically I suppose you are correct, but by overusing the word "terrorist" and all associated words for such relatively petty crimes, we diminish their meaning.

This was a murder.  Murder is motivated by all manner of different things.  Religion, lust, money, greed...the list goes on.  So the guys were Arab or Muslim...does that make it an act of terror? Does a white man killing a black man make it a hate crime?  I don't think so, but that's just my two cents.

Likewise, murderers also spread fear.  Summer of Sam ring a bell? Or what about when a murder occurs in a small town, and it is a day or two before they catch the guy? Terrorism, or a murder?

I just feel that "Terrorism" requires a certain grandness to it.  I know that is not really an appropriate word, but if the attack is not orchestrated by an organization with a clear goal, funding, political structure, and instills a sense of fear and terror not just in the immediate area, but in most of the world.

This did nothing of the sort.  I feel bad for the victims, obviously, but do I feel afraid? No.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
The peaceful religion strikes again.
Blaze787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Blaze787
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

Europe, Australia, and North America seriously need to re-think their policies on Islamic immigration.  It's way past time.

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#47 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

That ITV footage was rather chilling. The way he spoke so calmly as his hands shined red with blood. There are some things the mind will never forget and that is one of them

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
From what I'm hearing, the man in question was shouting religious things etc, also they moved to attack the police as soon as they arrived.
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts
The peaceful religion strikes again.TruthTellers
Sorry but killing innocents is definitely not permitted in Islam, maybe you should get your head out of Fox News' ass and think for yourself
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

And Europe will continue to bring in undesirables from the Middle East in the name of so-called "diversity" and multiculturalism. When will they learn?Â