Tea Party Godfather get's owned by facts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Freaking idiot, why do these idiots even exist? Getting all of his predictions wrong 5 years in a row is telling

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Give it a rest, tc

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

I don't need TYT to tell me that the Tea Party are bunch of fucktards.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

lol, what a dumbass

SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpartanMSU
Member since 2009 • 3440 Posts

Didn't watch the video, but I'm assuming it's about inflation. I'm also assuming none of you have any idea what the fvck you're talking about when it comes to monetary policy, economics, and finance.

There is indeed a risk of inflation beyond the Fed's 2% target. The monetary base has expanded to a point that has never been seen before over the past half decade while the velocity of money and the money multiplier are at extreme lows. Not to mention, banks are keeping excess reserves at the Fed to an extent that's never been seen before (in 2008 they enacted a law which allows banks to collect on reserve deposits). That means that banks are keeping more money than legally required in reserves due to the risk of the credit market not matching the rewards (record low interest rates means extremely low returns on lending, obviously). What happens when interest rates rise? The money that's currently sitting idle is going to be injected back into more liquid mediums.

In order for inflation to occur, the velocity of money has to increase. As previously stated, it has been and is very depressed. Inflation isn't just caused by an increase in the money supply. The monetary base is the kindling, the velocity of money is the fuel, interest rates and increased borrowing demand will be the spark.

The Fed is trying to cause inflation as central banks are scared shitless of ending up like Japan, then reel it in by hiking up interest rates at the exact right time. If they mistime it, rates would have to be hiked to an extreme level to brink back price stability (ie Volcker era). This is very difficult to do and the Fed has an awful history of telling where the economy currently is let alone where it is going (ie. Big Ben stating there's no cause for concern in the sub prime mortgage market in 2007). The indicator for inflation is also lagging. I mean, reaaally lagging, as are many of the Fed's indicators for which they put weight on. By the time the Fed raises the Fed Funds Rate based on outdated data it could be too late.

As soon as you see reliable and non-noisy data come out about inflation you're going to see the stock market react very negatively, as they know rate hikes are coming.

I'm not saying there's going to be hyper inflation but it will be relatively high.

With that being said the US is currently the best positioned compared to the rest of the world, especially the Eurozone and Asia.

Also, LOL at CNBC. They're a joke. No one that works in finance watches that shit.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@SpartanMSU said:

Didn't watch the video, but I'm assuming it's about inflation. I'm also assuming none of you have any idea what the fvck you're talking about when it comes to monetary policy, economics, and finance.

There is indeed a risk of inflation beyond the Fed's 2% target. The monetary base has expanded to a point that has never been seen before over the past half decade while the velocity of money and the money multiplier are at extreme lows. Not to mention, banks are keeping excess reserves at the Fed to an extent that's never been seen before (in 2008 they enacted a law which allows banks to get paid based on reserve deposits). That means that banks are keeping more money than legally required in reserves due to the risk of the credit market not matching the rewards (record low interest rates means extremely low returns on lending, obviously). What happens when interest rates rise? The money that's currently sitting idle is going to be injected back into more liquid mediums.

In order for inflation to occur, the velocity of money has to increase. As previously stated, it has been and is very depressed. Inflation isn't just caused by an increase in the money supply. The monetary base is the kindling, the velocity of money is the fuel, interest rates and increased borrowing demand will be the spark.

The Fed is trying to cause inflation as central banks are scared shitless of ending up like Japan, then reel it in by hiking up interest rates at the exact right time. If they mistime it, rates would have to be hiked to an extreme level to brink back price stability (ie Volcker era). This is very difficult to do and the Fed has an awful history of telling where the economy currently is let alone where it is going (ie. Big Ben stating there's no cause for concern in the sub prime mortgage market in 2007). The indicator for inflation is also lagging. I mean, reaaally lagging, as are many of the Fed's indicators for which they put weight on. By the time the Fed raises the Fed Funds Rate based on outdated data it could be too late.

As soon as you see reliable and non-noisy data come out about inflation you're going to see the stock market react very negatively, as they know rate hikes are coming.

I'm not saying there's going to be hyper inflation but it will be relatively high.

With that being said the US is currently the best positioned compared to the rest of the world, especially the Eurozone and Asia.

Also, LOL at CNBC. They're a joke. No one that works in finance watches that shit.

actually the video was mostly just some guy yelling

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@SpartanMSU:

I think the TC's intent was yet again to bash the "right wingers". He has a pattern of posting similar threads that do the same.

SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SpartanMSU
Member since 2009 • 3440 Posts

@lostrib: It was Rick Santelli. He's usually shown in the pits and gets very passionate (obviously too passionate haha). He's not really a Tea Party person, just a libertarian/fiscal conservative type. One of his mains concerns was inflation, which the other guy said he's been wrong about among other things. I actually heard him mention money velocity through his screaming, which he has been right about. The Fed has been unable to do anything about the low levels of money velocity, which is needed for inflation to occur. That's why the whole world, especially Europe and Japan, are taking extreme measures to increase it, including negative deposit rates.

The only thing that he's been wrong about is the timing of inflation. It's very, very difficult to predict when, obviously. However, is wrong about the USD. Thanks to central banks around the world and other countries' fiscal policy, the dollar is going to be relatively strong.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Just ignore the tc my friends