Tea Party: 'Class Action Lawsuit' Against Homosexuality

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

If you can't beat them, sue them.

At least that's Tea Party Unity leader Rick Scarborough's thinking, who suggested Friday that conservative activists should take a page from campaigns against Big Tobacco and file a “class action lawsuit” against homosexuality.

The far-right pastor was responding to fellow tea partier and president of Americans for Truth Peter LaBarbera, who was arguing that Fox News should tell more "stories of happy men and women who have left the homosexual lifestyle" in the same way they highlight black conservatives.

"Peter, the whole issue of a class action lawsuit, you and I have talked about this a little bit," Scarborough said. "I just wonder if you’ve explored that, talked to anyone about it. Obviously, statistically now even the Centers for Disease Control verifies that homosexuality much more likely leads to AIDS than smoking leads to cancer.

"And yet the entire nation has rejected smoking, billions of dollars are put into a trust fund to help cancer victims and the tobacco industry was held accountable for that," he added. "Any thoughts on that kind of an approach?"

"Yeah I think that’s great," LaBarbera responded. "I would love to see it. We always wanted to see one of the kid in high school who was counseled by the official school counselor to just be gay, then he comes down with HIV. But we never really got the client for that."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/tea-party

Disgusting. It's sad that their constituents would probably agree with this shit.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Tea Party is just turning into a proxy identification for stupid Republicans

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again. These idiots are going to ruin the two party system by dragging the republican party down to the point where they are so divided that they are powerless against the democrats.

Idiots~

The real republicans need to oust these morons asap~

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Good luck with that.

The Tea Billies just spotlight how truly ignorant and bigoted many Americans still are.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@Nuck81 said:

Good luck with that.

The Tea Billies just spotlight how truly ignorant and bigoted many Americans still are.

Considering the tea party is just a small, extremist group they really don't spotlight crap about America.

The tea party is absolutely insane though and the quickest way to get me to think of you as a joke of a human being is to affiliate yourself with such a profoundly ignorant group.

The only plus side to their existence is that they are going to force the Republican party to either become more moderate in certain ways to distinguish themselves from the tea party, or the Republican party will lose much of it's power in congress and maybe, just maybe then things might actually get accomplished by our government!

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts

Imagine if there was a group of people as reasonable as the Tea Party is unreasonable influencing US politics. It might even become a good country.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

what? who would they be suing?

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Dear God these people are morons.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Its a shame that in the U.S the extreme right still exists and is influential to a certain degrees in politics and social reforms. The extreme right is one of the very few things that can bring any country no matter how powerful and wealthy it might be to its knees.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@Nuck81 said:

Good luck with that.

Considering the tea party is just a small, extremist group they really don't spotlight crap about America.

The tea party is absolutely insane though and the quickest way to get me to think of you as a joke of a human being is to affiliate yourself with such a profoundly ignorant group.

The only plus side to their existence is that they are going to force the Republican party to either become more moderate in certain ways to distinguish themselves from the tea party, or the Republican party will lose much of it's power in congress and maybe, just maybe then things might actually get accomplished by our government!

LOL, the tea party is far from small.

They are practically ram rodding the Republican Party and are currently influencing many Republican Primaries.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lostrib

@GazaAli said:

Its a shame that in the U.S the extreme right still exists and is influential to a certain degrees in politics and social reforms. The extreme right is one of the very few things that can bring any country no matter how powerful and wealthy it might be to its knees.

well they have the right to express their stupid ideals

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GazaAli

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

Apparently yes, as long as there are people who are listening you can't limit their influence by attempting to shutting them up.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

Apparently yes, as long as there are people who are listening you can't limit their influence by attempting to shutting them up.

even if no one is listening the can say whatever the **** they want

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

The problem isn't that people like that are allowed to speak out. The problem is that people like that exist.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lostrib

@toast_burner said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

The problem isn't that people like that are allowed to speak out. The problem is that people like that exist.

It's more that people/the media give them actual air time. There will always be some population of crazies

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts

@toast_burner said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

We all know the solution don't we. A bullet to th..... wait, maybe a better education system would be preferable.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lostrib

@Crunchy_Nuts said:

@toast_burner said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

We all know the solution don't we. A bullet to th..... wait, maybe a better education system would be preferable.

It wouldn't matter, the kids would still have nut job parents who probably just home school them

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GazaAli

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

This has nothing to do with any of my posts, why do you keep bringing it up I'm curious.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lostrib

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

This has nothing to do with any of my posts, why do you keep bringing it up I'm curious.

Because they have the right to exist

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

Oh, teaparty. You so cray cray.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GazaAli

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

Where did I say otherwise?

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

I can imagine the next thing they'll want is registry for every gay person in America.

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

Party lines aren't going to matter when everyone is going to be in the same economic hole together.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

Just curious, but why are you attacking arguments that Gaza did not make?

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

@worlock77 said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

How condescending of you.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Its a sad day when an article like this doesn't surprise me. Keep splitting up the reps, Tea Party. They won't ever put a candidate in the White House again.

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

Don't you need to know how to read in order to file a lawsuit?

nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts

@worlock77 said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

I feel like lostrib just sits on GS all day picking fights with people.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

@Makhaidos said:

Don't you need to know how to read in order to file a lawsuit?

Well presumably the attorney you hire knows how to read.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

The far right is racist, bigoted and stupid.

Nothing new.

You can't file a law suit against something like this btw, how stupid.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GazaAli

Whose alt is lostrib

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MakeMeaSammitch

These threads used to break out into arguments when homosexuality was brought up, but know nobody ever argues against it, when I know some people here oppose it.

I think we're right when we assume that they're cowards.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GazaAli

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

These threads used to break out into arguments when homosexuality was brought up, but know nobody ever argues against it, when I know some people here oppose it.

You should have seen that topic that got deleted. shit storm broke out in there rofl

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Oh lawdy.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lostrib

@GazaAli said:

Whose alt is lostrib

No ones

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lostrib

@nomsayin said:

I feel like lostrib just sits on GS all day picking fights with people.

only on weekdays

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GazaAli

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

Whose alt is lostrib

No ones

I only know of one user who incoherently go after other users like this.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lostrib

@GazaAli said:

@lostrib said:

@GazaAli said:

Whose alt is lostrib

No ones

I only know of one user who incoherently go after other users like this.

Okay...

Well I don't have any alt accounts

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

It's easy to puff up your chest when you're in the majority, which these fools aren't anymore. Modern society is starting to recognize them for the ignoramuses they've always been.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#41 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

These morons are an embarrassment to the human race.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

Rick Scarborough is a self-proclaimed, out and out theocrat (or "Christocrat" as he puts it). Evangelical Christianity is a cancer to the American right.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lostrib

But seriously, who are they planning to sue? are they suing all gay people? Or all people with HIV/AIDS?

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44  Edited By The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

I'm about as anti-same sex marriage as you can get, but................................... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

These morons are why I don't talk about my Tea Party affiliation very often. >_>

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MakeMeaSammitch

@Makhaidos said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

It's easy to puff up your chest when you're in the majority, which these fools aren't anymore. Modern society is starting to recognize them for the ignoramuses they've always been.

barely it's like 55 45 right now.

I remember tons of people arguing in favor if it when they were in the minority, just not the opposition now.

Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts

Such ignorance. Smoking is something invented by humans, homosexuality is not, homosexuality is just natural, has been for as long as humans have been around, maybe for as long as there's been life in this universe and many other universes. The ignorant morons are desperate to keep hate alive while refusing to grow up and get over themselves.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

I agree entirely.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@lostrib said:

But seriously, who are they planning to sue? are they suing all gay people? Or all people with HIV/AIDS?

Dont think anyone can really answer that question

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

And tonight on Primer Impacto illegal immigrants! Same old news being relayed to Americans

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

Gotta love stupid people, but I don't feel like showing the love when they have real political power and plenty of people willing to vote them into office.