Tax returns: what to do, what will you do?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by DarthGumballs (194 posts) -

Seems to be no interest in any discussion...Anywho I'm going to pay some debt and either get an Xbox One or iPad..

#2 Posted by Master_Live (14645 posts) -

Don't pay taxes.

#3 Edited by thegerg (15246 posts) -

"Anywho, besides all that. What are you doing with your return this year?"

I'm going to submit my returns to the governments to which I am required to submit them. WTF else would I do with them?

#4 Posted by plageus900 (1063 posts) -

@thegerg said:

I'm going to submit my returns to the governments to which I am required to submit them. WTF else would I do with them?

Not fucking submit them.

#5 Posted by thegerg (15246 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@thegerg said:

Not fucking submit them.

Well, good for you. Here in the US we are required to submit our tax returns to the state.

#6 Edited by THE_DRUGGIE (24964 posts) -

Blow it all on anime figurines and hot glue.

#7 Edited by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@plageus900 said:

@thegerg said:

Not fucking submit them.

Well, good for you. Here in the US we are required to submit our tax returns to the state.

"Well, good for you. Here in the US we are required to submit our tax returns to the state."

You seemed to be confused. You don't have to submit your tax return to the state.

#8 Edited by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

I plan on selling my Escalade, and with my income tax + Escalade money I don't really know what I'll do.

Maybe use it towards my degree.

#9 Posted by thegerg (15246 posts) -

@Fightingfan said:

@thegerg said:

@plageus900 said:

@thegerg said:

Not fucking submit them.

"Well, good for you. Here in the US we are required to submit our tax returns to the state."

You seemed to be confused. You don't have to submit your tax return to the state.

Yes I do. WTF are you on about?

#10 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@Fightingfan said:

@thegerg said:

@plageus900 said:

@thegerg said:

Not fucking submit them.

The state can't make you do anything it's an inanimate object/figure.

#11 Posted by thegerg (15246 posts) -

@Fightingfan said:

@thegerg said:

@Fightingfan said:

@thegerg said:

@plageus900 said:

@thegerg said:

Not fucking submit them.

The state can't make you do anything it's an inanimate object/figure.

The state can dispatch its agents to arrest me if I refuse to submit my tax returns. Failing to submit tax returns can be a rime in the US, and government agencies in the US have the lawful authority to enforce the law.

#12 Edited by THE_DRUGGIE (24964 posts) -

@darthgumballs said:

Seems to be no interest in any discussion...Anywho I'm going to pay some debt and either get an Xbox One or iPad..

Get neither so you can buy anime figurines and hot glue.

#13 Posted by Cynical_Buzzard (224 posts) -

I will most likely buy a PS4 and put the rest into savings.

#14 Edited by plageus900 (1063 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@plageus900 said:

@thegerg said:

Not fucking submit them.

A. I live in the US.

B. I don't have to submit my tax forms to the state because there is no state income tax in Washington.

C. If I don't feel like filing my fucking federal income tax forms, I wont.

#15 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2686 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

Don't pay taxes.

#16 Edited by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

What are taxes?

#17 Edited by resevl4rlz (3278 posts) -

hmm do you have health insurance? if you don't most of your money will come out of your tax return

#18 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -
@THE_DRUGGIE said:

Blow it all on anime figurines and hot glue.

What are you gonna do with the hot glue?

___

on-topic

#19 Posted by Iszdope (9989 posts) -

I do mine in October.

#20 Posted by airshocker (29695 posts) -

Will probably put most of it towards a couple of vacations I plan to take later on this year.

#21 Posted by jimkabrhel (15419 posts) -

Get my taxes submitted as soon and possible, then save the money for the summer, when we plan on doing some updating of the house.

#22 Edited by thegerg (15246 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@thegerg said:

@plageus900 said:

@thegerg said:

Not fucking submit them.

A. I live in the US.

B. I don't have to submit my tax forms to the state because there is no state income tax in Washington.

"I don't have to submit my tax forms to the state"

Federal law requires you to submit tax returns to the state (in your case the US, in my case, the US and NC).

#23 Posted by InEMplease (6335 posts) -

The same thing we do every year, Pinky. Try to take over the world!

#25 Posted by thegerg (15246 posts) -

@Aljosa23: There is no reason to insult others. Please try to act like an adult.

#26 Edited by Aljosa23 (24972 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@Aljosa23: There is no reason to insult others. Please try to act like an adult.

There is no reason to be an annoying and pedantic twit yet you do it anyway.

#27 Posted by Master_Live (14645 posts) -

But there wasn't much of point to this thread, was there? You know the right thing to do but want an Xbox One anyways, you thought you might find in this a forum a rationale to support the decision you know is wrong yet wanna make. Here: pay your debt, forget the Xbox One.

#28 Posted by jasean79 (2374 posts) -

@darthgumballs said:

Or you could pay off debt and save the rest so you don't go into debt again.

#29 Edited by bforrester420 (1601 posts) -

@darthgumballs said:

I'm assuming you're young, so paying off debt should be your top priority only if it's high-interest credit card debt. Otherwise, retirement savings, if you're not already contributing to an IRA/401k, should be your #1 priority. Not taking advantage of the time you have available to let your money grow is an enormous mistake. $500 invested today, earning an average of 8% a year over 40 years (if you're in your early 20s), will grow to over $10,800. Stocks are history's greatest generators of wealth.

I wish I was in your position...I typically have to pay the Fed come tax time. Beats giving them an interest free loan though.

#30 Posted by whipassmt (14028 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@thegerg said:

@plageus900 said:

@thegerg said:

Not fucking submit them.

A. I live in the US.

Since there is no state income tax in Washington (do you mean the state or D.C.?) do you guys have to pay higher sales and property taxes?

#31 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (970 posts) -

lol at the vicarious arm-chair financial advisers here.

I haven't done my income taxes in years.

#32 Posted by DaBrainz (7665 posts) -

That new FZ-09 is looking tempting.

#33 Edited by bforrester420 (1601 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@thegerg said:

@plageus900 said:

@thegerg said:

Not fucking submit them.

A. I live in the US.

To each his own, I suppose. If you don't care to file your income taxes (if you've earned enough that its required), you can pay them with interest, penalties, and court fees at a later date; otherwise there's a federal prison cell awaiting you at the end of that particular rainbow.

#34 Edited by Brain_Duster (404 posts) -

@coolbeans90 said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@thegerg said:

There is no reason to be an annoying and pedantic twit yet you do it anyway.

i didn't know people still acknowledged thegerg

he literally never says anything of substance

I've seen him do it a couple times actually.

was crazy.

#35 Posted by PonchoTaco (2140 posts) -

Probably just save it.

#36 Posted by plageus900 (1063 posts) -

@whipassmt: Washington State. We pay around 8.8% sales tax. That's combined state and local tax. Our property taxes are not too bad.

#37 Posted by ferrari2001 (16925 posts) -

Hopefully my tax guy can get me a large tax return this year. It'll definitely be going into savings.

#38 Edited by whipassmt (14028 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@whipassmt: Washington State. We pay around 8.8% sales tax. That's combined state and local tax. Our property taxes are not too bad.

I guess that's not bad. Our sales taxes in Connecticut are 6.35%, though the tax rate for renting a hotel room is higher and we have state income taxes and local (municipal) property taxes.