Taliban Kill 149 People in Pakistan, Mostly Children.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#151 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@top_lel said:

@redstorm72 said:

Religion of peace and all that

It seems like your enemy is Islam not the terrorists. And this goes without saying but you're downright pathetic.

I am a Muslim. I live in Pakistan. This happened not but a few miles away from me. Yet all I see on the internet is "Pfft. Islam" "Just muslim things" etc... Now I've come to terms with myself that if there's something worse than ISIS, it's the western people whose only purpose is to antagonize without ever trying to see the truth. What's the difference between those people and the ISIS? well, almost none. Whereas those terrorist use the verses from the Quran in the wrong way to justify what they do, the western people take the same wrong meaning and justify their claims about Islam being 'sexist' or 'barbaric' or whatnot.

It's sad.... if anyone who's sadder than you guys here on the internet, it's us who've seen this tragedy with our own eyes happening in our own country and to our fellow brothers. Yet the world tries it's best to salt our wounds by saying "Oh it's just muslims, it's their religion that tells them to do this"....

I'm done with all this. I'm lost to apathy about anyone. Even the muslims themselves..... just screw it.

do you see how hypocritical your statement is? On one hand you complain about americans disrespecting your religion and classifying all muslims as religious extremeists (terrorists) and then you turn around and do the exact same thing to americans (westerners) by saying there's no difference or little difference between them and isis. If you don't like being labeled as an extremists then do something about it so that stigma becomes unattached.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178832 Posts

@softwaregeek said:

@top_lel said:

@redstorm72 said:

It seems like your enemy is Islam not the terrorists. And this goes without saying but you're downright pathetic.

I am a Muslim. I live in Pakistan. This happened not but a few miles away from me. Yet all I see on the internet is "Pfft. Islam" "Just muslim things" etc... Now I've come to terms with myself that if there's something worse than ISIS, it's the western people whose only purpose is to antagonize without ever trying to see the truth. What's the difference between those people and the ISIS? well, almost none. Whereas those terrorist use the verses from the Quran in the wrong way to justify what they do, the western people take the same wrong meaning and justify their claims about Islam being 'sexist' or 'barbaric' or whatnot.

It's sad.... if anyone who's sadder than you guys here on the internet, it's us who've seen this tragedy with our own eyes happening in our own country and to our fellow brothers. Yet the world tries it's best to salt our wounds by saying "Oh it's just muslims, it's their religion that tells them to do this"....

I'm done with all this. I'm lost to apathy about anyone. Even the muslims themselves..... just screw it.

do you see how hypocritical your statement is? On one hand you complain about americans disrespecting your religion and classifying all muslims as religious extremeists (terrorists) and then you turn around and do the exact same thing to americans (westerners) by saying there's no difference or little difference between them and isis. If you don't like being labeled as an extremists then do something about it so that stigma becomes unattached.

I can't take him seriously when he compares death to insults.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

@alim298 said:

But even God changed his laws. I gave you a very obvious example where qibla was changed to Kaaba. God does not change his words yet he changed them. So there must be a contradiction within the Quran's text right? But there is none. It "appears" that God has changed his words but in "truth" he has not. To him to bring a different law is to say "Two men and a boy were at the dinner" instead of saying "At the dinner there were two men and a boy". The inner meaning of God's words are the same but only expressed in a different manner or language. That's exactly what would happen if we were to reform the Islamic law. But I guess it's hard to agree on anything beyond this point. Because what we'll be discussing beyond this point is a highly disputed concept in Islamic figh.

You reasoning reminds me of my own when I was younger. I believed the exact same things. Especially with regard to the whole "the ideal society" thing. That used to be my solution too. But I abandoned that a long time ago in favor of reform.

Wait, I was having a discussion revolving around Sharia with my friend today who is more knowledgeable on these matters than me. He stated an example from Umar's era when Madina was going through a famine (or maybe it was some other city, I can't recall correctly). Umar abolished the punishment of severing the hand for theft in that particular city for as long as the famine lasted. The reason was solely because who wouldn't steal when his whole family is starving? Under those circumstances, Umar changed the law. Which leads me to the conclusion that Umar felt that law can be changed when the time needs be, so there is certainly some flexibility in Sharia where we can actually change some things to suit our time. Albeit, that should be compatible with the Quran as I can see Umar's logic connecting directly to the verse "Allah does not burden a soul with more than what it can bear".So maybe you are right. Allah knows better. I guess I should give it all a second thought.

Don't worry, you can discuss with me about anything since I don't really care about the inner disputes among Muslims.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@BboyStatix said:

@alim298: That's why different prophets were sent for a different time. Before us was Jesus, and he practically followed the Mosaic Law. But now we have been sent the last and final Messenger who is an example for his time as well as our time. We have to follow the latest revelation and Messenger. You shouldn't seek anything beyond that. Sometimes, you may not agree with some of the laws, and non-Muslims will attack you and say it is terrible, it doesn't work etc. But I ask you, who are you to disagree with the divine revelation? Sometimes we just can't see the wisdom behind things. Just look at the thread I made about public nudity. Not a single person could give me a logical explanation for why it's wrong.

Why do I think it's wrong then? It's because God said so. Simple really. :)

Actually Islam, even in its dated state (in my opinion) is still far better than any other ideologies that exist in the world. For instance I'm not a pro-hijab person really but we can already see how what Islam proposed 1400 years ago to protect and honor women is still the most pro-woman movement in the history of mankind. Forget about all these feminists. We can already see how miserably they failed at honoring women whereas Islam stands tall (as always). What I'm trying to do here is to take a more fundamentalist and philosophical look at our law. The need to change some aspects of it is slowly emerging. It's not inspired by western thinking at all. It's inspired by the very things that make Islam, Islam. And this should not be exclusive to the "new phenomena". We can abrogate laws too. It's part of Islam. But one thing that itches me as much as any other Muslim is "who is to say which law needs to be abrogated and who is to create the new law?" I don't know the answer to that and truth told it appears to me that no one is legitimate to do such thing. Even if you're the most knowledgeable Muslim who knows all about hadith and Quran just think about it for a second. The law that you're going to write down as the "new law" is to replace the law that God created. But it still feels like that we're rather afraid to take such a step but that one day taking such a step would be our only choice. And I leave it the experts to see to solving these paradoxes.

I like the sharia law. As I said it is even to this day if not THE best system of law then certainly one of the best systems of law that ever existed in the course of human history. But we should be aware of God and we should know that perhaps his will is for us to make hard decisions.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 top_lel

@softwaregeek said:

*Satire*

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 alim298

@top_lel said:

Wait, I was having a discussion revolving around Sharia with my friend today who is more knowledgeable on these matters than me. He stated an example from Umar's era when Madina was going through a famine (or maybe it was some other city, I can't recall correctly). Umar abolished the punishment of severing the hand for theft in that particular city for as long as the famine lasted. The reason was solely because who wouldn't steal when his whole family is starving? Under those circumstances, Umar changed the law. Which leads me to the conclusion that Umar felt that law can be changed when the time needs be, so there is certainly some flexibility in Sharia where we can actually change some things to suit our time. Albeit, that should be compatible with the Quran as I can see Umar's logic connecting directly to the verse "Allah does not burden a soul with more than what it can bear".So maybe you are right. Allah knows better. I guess I should give it all a second thought.

May God be pleased with Umar. He certainly acted according to the sunnah of our prophet. But as you said God knows better.

@top_lel said:

Don't worry, you can discuss with me about anything since I don't really care about the inner disputes among Muslims.

Thank you. I usually refrain from having a religious discussion with a fellow Muslim because it either ends up with the other person completely agreeing with me or completely antagonizing me. I'm glad we could have an insightful discussion on Islam without that happening.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 SoftwareGeek

@top_lel said:

@softwaregeek said:

*Satire*

that's all you got to say for yourself? meh....not impressed.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 top_lel

@softwaregeek said:

that's all you got to say for yourself? meh....not impressed.

Why should I impress you? are you giving me dollars for that?

@alim298 said:

@top_lel said:

May God be pleased with Umar. He certainly acted according to the sunnah of our prophet. But as you said God knows better.

@top_lel said:

Thank you. I usually refrain from having a religious discussion with a fellow Muslim because it either ends up with the other person completely agreeing with me or completely antagonizing me. I'm glad we could have an insightful discussion on Islam without that happening.

Well, I change my mind easily as long as the arguments make sense. What's the purpose of a debate? to reach a definite conclusion with which all agree. Debates that produce no outcome are useless. I'm glad we could have a fruitful debate.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Been a classy week for Islam, religion of peace indeed. And no, a legal system that involves stoning people is medievil at best.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#160 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17854 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

@top_lel said:

If you want this world to be a better place from your ideology, then might as well remove all the boundaries. And make this whole world, one country.

That's definitely the ideal outcome.

Naive view of the problems in the world. People will never totally get along nor agree with each other. Ever. You can whine and blame religion all you want....though I have read studies showing religion to be under 10% of the reason for total conflicts in history to date. But hey....jump on the simplistic answer.

WTF? I was replying to his direct input, it's not like I pulled the suggestion out of my ass.

U drunk go homne. Or church or wherever you kooks sober up.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 SoftwareGeek

@SapSacPrime said:

Been a classy week for Islam, religion of peace indeed. And no, a legal system that involves stoning people is medievil at best.

It's a flawed religion...its followers are flawed. But then again, I think most religions are flawed.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By top_lel

@softwaregeek said:

@SapSacPrime said:

It's a flawed religion...its followers are flawed. But then again, I think most religions are flawed.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@alim298 said:

@BboyStatix said:

@alim298: That's why different prophets were sent for a different time. Before us was Jesus, and he practically followed the Mosaic Law. But now we have been sent the last and final Messenger who is an example for his time as well as our time. We have to follow the latest revelation and Messenger. You shouldn't seek anything beyond that. Sometimes, you may not agree with some of the laws, and non-Muslims will attack you and say it is terrible, it doesn't work etc. But I ask you, who are you to disagree with the divine revelation? Sometimes we just can't see the wisdom behind things. Just look at the thread I made about public nudity. Not a single person could give me a logical explanation for why it's wrong.

Why do I think it's wrong then? It's because God said so. Simple really. :)

Actually Islam, even in its dated state (in my opinion) is still far better than any other ideologies that exist in the world. For instance I'm not a pro-hijab person really but we can already see how what Islam proposed 1400 years ago to protect and honor women is still the most pro-woman movement in the history of mankind. Forget about all these feminists. We can already see how miserably they failed at honoring women whereas Islam stands tall (as always). What I'm trying to do here is to take a more fundamentalist and philosophical look at our law. The need to change some aspects of it is slowly emerging. It's not inspired by western thinking at all. It's inspired by the very things that make Islam, Islam. And this should not be exclusive to the "new phenomena". We can abrogate laws too. It's part of Islam. But one thing that itches me as much as any other Muslim is "who is to say which law needs to be abrogated and who is to create the new law?" I don't know the answer to that and truth told it appears to me that no one is legitimate to do such thing. Even if you're the most knowledgeable Muslim who knows all about hadith and Quran just think about it for a second. The law that you're going to write down as the "new law" is to replace the law that God created. But it still feels like that we're rather afraid to take such a step but that one day taking such a step would be our only choice. And I leave it the experts to see to solving these paradoxes.

I like the sharia law. As I said it is even to this day if not THE best system of law then certainly one of the best systems of law that ever existed in the course of human history. But we should be aware of God and we should know that perhaps his will is for us to make hard decisions.

It's not protecting them....it's making them a lower class of individual subservient to the men in their lives.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 SoftwareGeek

First of all, there is no god okay? So once you embrace that your culture can really begin to make some progress. Women need to be treated as equals. They can wear what they choose, do what they choose and fornicate whom they choose.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 top_lel

@softwaregeek said:

First of all, there is no god okay? So once you embrace that your culture can really begin to make some progress. Women need to be treated as equals. They can wear what they choose, do what they choose and fornicate whom they choose.

What's your age?

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By SoftwareGeek
@top_lel said:

@softwaregeek said:

What's your age?

it's irrelevant. Anyway, back on topic. The Taliban should not be tolerated. They should be hunted down like the animals they are.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

In regards of religion, I trust everyone equally religious or not.

Hard to point the finger when one day a man says he is Taliban and the next day he denies any involvement or support for the organization.

Forgiveness is not real regardless if you seek for it from an "imaginary friend" or an actual living person.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@Born_Lucky said:

Meanwhile, all the liberal news stations are focused on bashing America, for pouring water over the heads of taliban members.

Liberals make me want to vomit.

As much as this story makes me rage, torture is not only horrible but also ineffective in getting information. It was a terrible phase post 9/11 and something we shouldn't repeat. We're the United States, we should be better than those who do torture.

Anyways, on topic: It's so bad that even the Afghan Taliban are condemning them. The attackers are cowards for attacking children in a school, even in their own country. They do have any sense of shame or morality?

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 SapSacPrime

@playmynutz said:

In regards of religion, I trust everyone equally religious or not.

Hard to point the finger when one day a man says he is Taliban and the next day he denies any involvement or support for the organization.

Forgiveness is not real regardless if you seek for it from an "imaginary friend" or an actual living person.

Pretty sure that an actual person forgiving you is pretty real, anyway I hope by trusting everyone equally you mean trust nobody.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

@SapSacPrime: You caught exactly what I meant about trust.

Some people won't forgive me, why live a life of agony, rather ignore forgiveness all together. You don't need forgiveness from me and I won't plea forgiveness from you.

kalloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 kalloo
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

By "He" I assume you mean God. Either way, the verses of the Quran weren't written down til 2 generations after the Prophet (Muhammad spread them vocally). I don't think being illiterate hampers one's memory. Also I think you're really ignoring the reforms Muhammad brought (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_social_changes_under_Islam#Social_changes) and to say he wasn't "needed" is ridiculous.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 BboyStatix
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

@softwaregeek: you speak as if in Islam men can fornicate with whomsoever they please. And if your definition of equality is women being looked at as sexual objects and represented as such in magazines, video games, movies etc., then I oppose this 'equality' that you speak of. In Islam women are appreciated for their intellect, their kindness, their character. My brother's wife wears the full cover, including her face and it was her choice nobody forced her. She keeps our family together and not once did I think of her in the way the media portrays women. Men are obligated to lower their gaze irrespective of whether the woman is covered or not. Don't go telling us that we don't respect women.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By BboyStatix

@alim298: Ahh I understand now. But really, who has the wisdom of Umar in our present day? :( Feels as though only the Mahdi will possess such wisdom. The time of his appearance feels so close!

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 top_lel

@softwaregeek said:
@top_lel said:

@softwaregeek said:

What's your age?

it's irrelevant.

It is relevant. You'll soon see son.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 br0kenrabbit

@BboyStatix said:

Don't go telling us that we don't respect women.

You don't respect a woman's right to choose for herself. If she wants to show off her body for magazines or wear a short skirt that's her decision, and in your culture she's denied the ability to make that decision.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By BboyStatix

@br0kenrabbit: It's their choice to follow the religion lol... And what do u mean by culture...

And also, you seem like the type of person who would have no problem with men jacking off to your daughter (in the scenario that you do have a daughter)

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 br0kenrabbit

@BboyStatix said:

@br0kenrabbit: It's their choice to follow the religion lol... And what do u mean by culture...

So you have no problem with apostates? Because many Muslims think apostates should be put to death. Kinda hard to choose to not to follow a religion when the alternative is death, or at the very least ostracization.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 BboyStatix

@br0kenrabbit: Hmm wouldn't Edward Snowden be put to death? Anybody who betrays the state and leaks it's secrets is an enemy and will be put to trial. It's not as simple as simple converting to another religion. The person has to betray the state and conspire against it to be counted as an apostate. You should read up on misconceptions about Islam online :)

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

It was a grotesque act indeed.

That said, it killed fewer children than this year's Operation Protective Edge, during which Israel killed 519 children in Gaza.

I will admit to finding it strange that the Western press confidently identified all 519 of Israel's child victims as "human shields", while the same press hasn't identified any of the Taliban's victims as such.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 br0kenrabbit

@BboyStatix said:

@br0kenrabbit: Hmm wouldn't Edward Snowden be put to death? Anybody who betrays the state and leaks it's secrets is an enemy and will be put to trial. It's not as simple as simple converting to another religion. The person has to betray the state and conspire against it to be counted as an apostate. You should read up on misconceptions about Islam online :)

Meriam Yehya Ibrahim

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 BboyStatix

@br0kenrabbit: Hmm just read about it. You can't blame the system for the wrong judgement of the lawyer. Just like how I wouldn't pick out the policemen shooting black dudes case and say western law as a whole is bad. Exceptions do happen sadly.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@BboyStatix said:

@br0kenrabbit: Hmm just read about it. You can't blame the system for the wrong judgement of the lawyer. Just like how I wouldn't pick out the policemen shooting black dudes case and say western law as a whole is bad. Exceptions do happen sadly.

That's an example, Google will give you more. Then you have the honor killings.

Whether or not such is commanded by the Quran, it is the de facto reality: leaving Islam while in a majority Islamic country isn't exactly a safe bet.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 BboyStatix

@br0kenrabbit: Just watch a YouTube video about apostasy because your knowledge of Islam clearly comes from some highlighted cases gone wrong. And if you are curious you can private message me and I would be more than happy to clear your mosconceptions :) But if your purpose is to put Islam down then I'm sorry this debate will not end with a definitive conclusion. I've hijacked the thread long enough. Where were we?

Oh yeah, kids getting killed :s

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 br0kenrabbit

@BboyStatix said:

@br0kenrabbit: Just watch a YouTube video about apostasy because your knowledge of Islam clearly comes from some highlighted cases gone wrong. And if you are curious you can private message me and I would be more than happy to clear your mosconceptions :) But if your purpose is to put Islam down then I'm sorry this debate will not end with a definitive conclusion. I've hijacked the thread long enough. Where were we?

Oh yeah, kids getting killed :s

I put all religions down. Believing in invisible superfriends is something kids do.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 alim298
@BboyStatix said:

@alim298: Ahh I understand now. But really, who has the wisdom of Umar in our present day? :( Feels as though only the Mahdi will possess such wisdom. The time of his appearance feels so close!

Indeed.

@LJS9502_basic said:

It's not protecting them....it's making them a lower class of individual subservient to the men in their lives.

According to Islam men and women should be paid equally for doing the same work. This is what we've followed for over 1400 years whereas your so called "western civilization" is only catching up now. Only case when they don't get the same amount of money as men is through heritage. And that's because part of a man's money actually belongs to his wife whereas a woman has complete ownership over her money. In other words this way part of the heritage also goes to the daughter-in-law and looking at it this way the money is equally divided between the two genders. A court can't punish a woman for not spending her money for the family even if she is rich but a man can easily be called to court for not spending his money for his family. Which again just shows how pro-women Islam is.

There are many Quranic verses that talk about treating women in the right way. Divorcing them in the most generous manner. Treating them with utmost care. These verses were sent down to a society that treated women like literal shit. They had absolutely zero social relevancy during that period of time until Muslims said no more.

Blasphemers of Mecca used to bury their baby girls alive. They thought they were bad omen. Islam came and opposed this. Islam told them that there's no difference between baby girls and baby boys. Islam was the first movement in history that opposed oppression of women. If Jesus was around at that time he would do the same thing. Only thing is Jesus didn't have the means to do such things. He didn't have a state. He didn't have an army that followed him dearly. But Muslims braved this path. But even Islam could not completely destroy evil. Women could still get harassed and be looked at the wrong way. So what did Islam do to protect women? Islam proposed hijab. So that everyone knows they're Muslim and that they are not willing to be treated like garbage anymore. And even though this method is showing it's age it's still a far better method than what other feminist groups (I mean other than Islam) are proposing. To say that Islam is misogynistic is the dumbest statement ever.

Loading Video...

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 SapSacPrime

How insightful, so tell me where did the genius idea of mutilating their clitoris and labia fall into protecting their rights?

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By top_lel

Breaking news: the death toll is now around 200. Most of the children have died in the Hospital.

Also, all the schools and colleges nationwide have been closed for 20 days under the threat of Taliban to attack most cities of Pakistan after the public executions of their members started.

This is getting spooky...

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#189 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

@thebest31406 said:

If they're not being droned by one, they're being massacred by another. The people of Pakistan need to stand up to these thugs.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 GrayF0X786

@airshocker said:

@top_lel said:

@airshocker said:

@top_lel said:

@airshocker said:

@top_lel said:

If those self-proclaimed Islamic nation of yours Include Saudi Arabia then let me tell you that real Shariah is only practiced in Makkah and Madinah. The rest is just like the rest of the "Islamic" world. And since non-Muslims aren't allowed entry in Makkah, you can't say it's sexist or barbaric.

Nothing. If you want to think about something, think about the ones who call themselves Muslims yet their whole existence doesn't even reflect the tiniest ray of Islam.

That's a cop out. Why are so many in the Muslim world eager to practice this way if the religion itself isn't telling them to do it?

What way?

Lets start with the oppressing of women and the intolerance of other religions.

Their choice. The law is their, if people don't follow it, who's to blame? the law or the people?

That's pathetic and it flies in the face of basic human rights. You're not doing a good job at defending Islam.

what do you know about human rights? you just came from a thread saying torture is okay,

do you intentionally act stupid or are you just a troll?

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 SoftwareGeek

@BboyStatix said:

@softwaregeek: you speak as if in Islam men can fornicate with whomsoever they please. And if your definition of equality is women being looked at as sexual objects and represented as such in magazines, video games, movies etc., then I oppose this 'equality' that you speak of. In Islam women are appreciated for their intellect, their kindness, their character. My brother's wife wears the full cover, including her face and it was her choice nobody forced her. She keeps our family together and not once did I think of her in the way the media portrays women. Men are obligated to lower their gaze irrespective of whether the woman is covered or not. Don't go telling us that we don't respect women.

Why can't single Islam men have sex with whom they wish? Oh, probably goes against Islam rules. That sounds very strangling to me. Women can do whatever they want and they don't have to be subservient to men. If a woman chooses to be looked at as a sexual object then so be it. No one's forcing her to do so. She chooses it. Nothing wrong with that. She chooses to be sexy. God bless those sexy working girls. If a woman decides to cover her face and follow islam, that's great too. Nobody's stopping her. She chooses to do it. I don't look down my nose at either choice but you do.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts

@top_lel said:

@redstorm72 said:

Yes, it's completely fair to equate some admittedly ignorant comments on a message board with mass murder.... totally the same thing.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 LJS9502_basic

@alim298: Look dude....your mindset is that treating women like property is okay. And yes...telling them what to wear, where they can go, who they have to be with is treating them like property. Just because your ancestors stop burying babies doesn't mean anything when we're talking about this issue today....now. I get that you have been raised to think exactly like they want you to think and therefore, we'd just be going around in circles on this issue. Perhaps you need to meet some western women.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 dsmccracken

@alim298 said:
@BboyStatix said:

Indeed.

@LJS9502_basic said:

According to Islam men and women should be paid equally for doing the same work. This is what we've followed for over 1400 years whereas your so called "western civilization" is only catching up now. Only case when they don't get the same amount of money as men is through heritage. And that's because part of a man's money actually belongs to his wife whereas a woman has complete ownership over her money. In other words this way part of the heritage also goes to the daughter-in-law and looking at it this way the money is equally divided between the two genders. A court can't punish a woman for not spending her money for the family even if she is rich but a man can easily be called to court for not spending his money for his family. Which again just shows how pro-women Islam is.

There are many Quranic verses that talk about treating women in the right way. Divorcing them in the most generous manner. Treating them with utmost care. These verses were sent down to a society that treated women like literal shit. They had absolutely zero social relevancy during that period of time until Muslims said no more.

Blasphemers of Mecca used to bury their baby girls alive. They thought they were bad omen. Islam came and opposed this. Islam told them that there's no difference between baby girls and baby boys. Islam was the first movement in history that opposed oppression of women. If Jesus was around at that time he would do the same thing. Only thing is Jesus didn't have the means to do such things. He didn't have a state. He didn't have an army that followed him dearly. But Muslims braved this path. But even Islam could not completely destroy evil. Women could still get harassed and be looked at the wrong way. So what did Islam do to protect women? Islam proposed hijab. So that everyone knows they're Muslim and that they are not willing to be treated like garbage anymore. And even though this method is showing it's age it's still a far better method than what other feminist groups (I mean other than Islam) are proposing. To say that Islam is misogynistic is the dumbest statement ever. I watched that video. The woman in the Hijab does indeed get treated better. However, just because there is a benefit does not mean that it is therefore ok. It infantilizes women. It may make them "safer"

Loading Video...

I watched that video. The woman in the Hijab does indeed get treated better. However, just because there is a benefit does not mean that it is therefore ok. It infantilizes women. It may make them "safer", but it does so in the same way we make our children safer by dictating behaviour to them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 LJS9502_basic

@dsmccracken: It also varies as to where and when etc. I know women walking around the part of the city I live in are not treated poorly. Just left alone. And in some cities a women in a hijab will be on the receiving end of idiots. So the culture of the area is a part....ie correlation does equal causation.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 dsmccracken

@LJS9502_basic said:

@dsmccracken: It also varies as to where and when etc. I know women walking around the part of the city I live in are not treated poorly. Just left alone. And in some cities a women in a hijab will be on the receiving end of idiots. So the culture of the area is a part....ie correlation does equal causation.

Further, if the justifying logic is to protect the dignity of women... taken to it's logical conclusion, shouldn't we just lock them in a room, so that they are not prey to men?

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 dsmccracken

And seriously... looking at the culture and history of the Muslim world... a world with the sophistication and elegance to develop language and science, mathematics and astronomy, architecture and... well, you get the point... but when it comes to the delicate eternal dance between the sexes, your solution is to just throw a big black blanket over them? Really?

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 top_lel

@dsmccracken said:

@top_lel said:

@redstorm72 said:

Yes, it's completely fair to equate some admittedly ignorant comments on a message board with mass murder.... totally the same thing.

Look dude, I was only targeting those people. Not the whole Western populace. Are we cool?

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 GrayF0X786

@alim298 said:
@BboyStatix said:

Indeed.

@LJS9502_basic said:

Blasphemers of Mecca used to bury their baby girls alive. They thought they were bad omen. Islam came and opposed this. Islam told them that there's no difference between baby girls and baby boys. Islam was the first movement in history that opposed oppression of women. If Jesus was around at that time he would do the same thing. Only thing is Jesus didn't have the means to do such things. He didn't have a state. He didn't have an army that followed him dearly. But Muslims braved this path. But even Islam could not completely destroy evil. Women could still get harassed and be looked at the wrong way. So what did Islam do to protect women? Islam proposed hijab. So that everyone knows they're Muslim and that they are not willing to be treated like garbage anymore. And even though this method is showing it's age it's still a far better method than what other feminist groups (I mean other than Islam) are proposing. To say that Islam is misogynistic is the dumbest statement ever.

Loading Video...

aaaand we have a winner lol ^^

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 SoftwareGeek

@top_lel said:

@softwaregeek said:
@top_lel said:

@softwaregeek said:

What's your age?

it's irrelevant.

It is relevant. You'll soon see son.

I don't appreciate your condescending tone. You need to learn to be respectful. My age is irrelevant.