Tales From The Crypt

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by playmynutz (5983 posts) -

Well hello kiddys,

How has this show been forgotten? YouTube has all the episodes with only like 10,000 views. Many famous actors either had cameos or directed episodes. This would be an amazing show to bring back and have relevant actors direct and act in the show once again.

Anyone miss this show as much as I do?

Heeeeheeeeeheeehehee!!!!!

#2 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9753 posts) -

Never heard of it.

#3 Posted by foxhound_fox (88332 posts) -

I was an "Are You Afraid of the Dark/Goosebumps" kid.

#4 Posted by Master_Live (14586 posts) -

Oh man, I remember one where a reporter and his/her crew to a house where a murder had occurred and then people start dying (of course). It was pretty scary, really good.

#5 Edited by Hallenbeck77 (14436 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

Never heard of it.

It was a horror anthology series that ran for seven years (1989 - 1996) on HBO, based on the comic book series from the 1950's. It was well known for having pretty extensive graphic violence and nudity, as well as having famous talent both acting and behind the camera. They aired them in syndication, on Fox and Sci-fi, although in heavily edited forms. They did release all seven seasons on DVD. I got all of them in storage somewhere.

#6 Edited by MrGeezer (56345 posts) -

I actually liked that show a lot. Watched it back in the day on Fox, and then recently started watching the unedited versions about a year ago before quitting.

I should probably watch the rest of the series.

Like you said, it had some good violence and nudity, and it was always cool to see what talent would be starring or directing in an episode. My only complaint is that the show was almost never SCARY. There actually were some interesting stories (though I'd still wager that most of them were just sort-of-fun teenage garbage), but for a "horror anthology", there was a SHOCKING lack of anything actually scary.

Also, the Cryptkeeper is sort of funny if you see him twice a month. But go through a Tales From the Crypt marathon where you watch 20 episodes in the course of three days, and you'll be wanting to stab that dude in the face every time he opens his goddamn mouth.

But yeah...it was a cool show. I'm not gonna quite go so far as to say that it was quality entertainment, but it was usually mostly fun even if only in a dumb juvenile way. I like it.

#7 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

The were fun to watch. Would always watch them during Halloween as a tradition.

#8 Edited by CountBleck12 (22906 posts) -

I enjoyed Goosebumps more.

#9 Edited by Iszdope (9984 posts) -

We never got that show over here.

#10 Posted by Hatiko (4521 posts) -

I watched them a lot when I was little. I even got a Crypt Keeper action figure. Recently I got the first 2 seasons on DVD and some of the old comics from my LCS. That Crypt Keeper sure was a character.

#11 Posted by sukraj (22775 posts) -

I prefer Creepshow.

#12 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26261 posts) -

Watched a few episodes this past Halloween for the first time in years. Fun, not scary, just ridiculous in the best sort of way....well some episodes at least.

#13 Edited by Solaryellow (484 posts) -

Tales From The Crypt......back when HBO was worth paying the subscription fee in order to watch.

To me it was the adult version of Tales From The Darkside meets The Twilight Zone. The storylines were good as were the actors.

#14 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -

I actually submitted a story idea for an episode. HBO sent me a letter thanking me for my efforts but that they didn't accept unsolicited manuscripts.

#15 Posted by dave123321 (34065 posts) -

Hbo seems to be worth the fee still I feel yes mhm yeah

#16 Posted by lamprey263 (23911 posts) -

Like every episode is on YouTube. I watch episodes from time to time.

#17 Edited by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

That show was awesome.

#18 Edited by The-Apostle (12189 posts) -

I'd love to see its return! Loved the show/movies!