Surprise! Bruce Jenner is now Caitlyn Jenner!

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

Finally, after a few weeks since an interview, Bruce has now transitioned into Caitlyn Jenner! How wonderful!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/01/entertainment/bruce-caitlyn-jenner-vanity-fair-feat/

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

that was quick

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#3 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Never heard of this person but best of luck to Caitlyn and wishing her lots of happiness.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Pathetic

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

I still don't believe it yo. I know it's possible that someone can turn around that way, but i just keep saying its a publicity stunt, or some kind of lost bet. I don't know why, my guy feeling says its a lie. But i guess you never know.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

No idea who he is, no idea who she is.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@korvus said:

Never heard of this person but best of luck to Caitlyn and wishing her lots of happiness.

You really never heard of Bruce Jenner?

I don't really pay attention to going on outside of my basement but I at least knew who Bruce Jenner is :p

@LexLas said:

I still don't believe it yo. I know it's possible that someone can turn around that way, but i just keep saying its a publicity stunt, or some kind of lost bet. I don't know why, my guy feeling says its a lie. But i guess you never know.

Maybe it's something she always thought about but never felt like it was socially acceptable on a desirable level until recently. Things have been moving pretty fast in that department. Five years ago you could use words like "tranny" or say "he/she" and almost nobody would get up in arms about it. Now if you do that people act like you've dropped a bomb. Obviously many people are still uncomfortable with the idea, no matter how protected it is socially. As a society we've created social protections for these people, though many people still find it a bit of a facade (not the act of changing sex, but the act of discouraging the use of words that may offend certain people that weren't considered terribly offensive years ago). There's still the same sort of pushback concerning sensitivity towards the social acceptance of gay people (many people gladly use the word gay in a derogatory manner, as well as other words that would be deemed derogatory, just not in public).

Personally, I don't care what Jenner does. I will admit I think a revealing photo-shoot right upon the sex change is rather tasteless. I can't imagine anyone wanting to see that, she's 65 for christ's sake. Seems exploitative (in the end, it's all about making big $$$ off what people would consider a weird story).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@KHAndAnime: I might have but nothing really triggered when I saw his face.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts

Who cares?

Gamer_Durandal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Gamer_Durandal
Member since 2014 • 129 Posts

Different strokes for different folks. Hopes she finds happiness that eluded her as Bruce Jenner.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@korvus: Bruce Jenner was an Olympian. Though currently best known as the ex husband of Kris Jenner, mother of the Kardashians, so he was on the reality show

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lostrib

@mingmao3046: probably a lot of people

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@lostrib: That might explain it...I know nothing of the Kardashians...wouldn't even recognise them if I saw a photo. Thanks for the info =D

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib

@AM-Gamer said:

Pathetic

what's pathetic?

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mingmao3046

@lostrib said:

@mingmao3046: probably a lot of people

They don't actually care about "Caitlyn". They just want a chance to go "hey everyone! look at how open minded and progressive i am!"

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib

@mingmao3046: no there's just a lot of people obsessed with celebrity lives

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#17 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

I don't care that people do this, just stop trying to sell it as normal. If you are born with a penis but feel like a woman you have a problem, something is not wired right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@vfibsux: If you don't care that people do it why would you care if they try to "sell it as normal"?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KHAndAnime

*sniff*

I don't see this thread going in a good direction.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mingmao3046

@korvus said:

@vfibsux: If you don't care that people do it why would you care if they try to "sell it as normal"?

I think he is saying that people have a right to have a sex change or whatever it is, but this is clearly not mentally healthy. A mentally healthy person would not want to chop off his dick and get pumped with fake hormones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@mingmao3046: I see what you mean. I'll abstain from deciding on other people's mental health if they are not hurting anyone else though; I'm not qualified to make such judgments. For me, if they are happier with a sex change, then by all means, be happy.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lostrib

@mingmao3046 said:
@korvus said:

I think he is saying that people have a right to have a sex change or whatever it is, but this is clearly not mentally healthy. A mentally healthy person would not want to chop off his dick and get pumped with fake hormones

So you think it's not mentally healthy for someone to undergo sex reassignment?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 vfibsux

@korvus said:

Let's stop trying to set up the strawman argument with questions you already know the answer to. It really is not that difficult. The thought police require me to buy into it being normal, which is why it is plastered everywhere every day. And if you do not embrace it, well damn you homophobe/bigot/etc.

So dress like a woman and stand up to pee, I really don't care. Just stop trying to tell me it is normal is all I ask. Be abnormal, be proud to be abnormal if you want....just stop trying to say it isn't what it is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@vfibsux: It's simple enough; you either care or you don't...you can't have it both ways.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mingmao3046

@lostrib said:
@mingmao3046 said:
@korvus said:

Absolutely not. Wanting to mutilate your body is never a healthy thing

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vfibsux

@korvus said:

@vfibsux: It's simple enough; you either care or you don't...you can't have it both ways.

Umm, no. Stop trying to force me down one road. You see, this is what happens, thank you for proving my point. I CAN lack care when it comes to this person doing what makes them happy when it does not affect me. Example: "Not normal but whatever floats your boat."

I CAN care when people try to force me to not only accept it but embrace it as normal. Example: "Why isn't it normal? Why are you a bigot? Are you a homophobe?!?!"

If you cannot tell the difference between the two I cannot help you. Frankly I think you can, you are just trying to suck me further into some bs debate.

It really is this simply so please stop with the games. What is actually funny is you are proving my very point by not allowing me to say I don't care if he wants to do this.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vfibsux

@lostrib said:
@mingmao3046 said:
@korvus said:

It is not mentally healthy to have a penis and think you are a woman, but I would say it is mentally healthy to want to fix it. This man had a condition, he was broken. Now he is fixed, good for him. The only time I have a problem with it is when it is celebrated as normal. It is about as normal as being born with 2 heads. Just call it what it is, a condition requiring treatment. He has been treated and she is now better, good for her.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@mingmao3046 said:

Absolutely not. Wanting to mutilate your body is never a healthy thing

Would you consider reconstruction surgery on a disfigured person as mutilation?

@vfibsux said:

Umm, no. Stop trying to force me down one road. You see, this is what happens, thank you for proving my point. I CAN lack care when it comes to this person doing what makes them happy when it does not affect me. Example: "Not normal but whatever floats your boat."

I CAN care when people try to force me to not only accept it but embrace it as normal. Example: "Why isn't it normal? Why are you a bigot? Are you a homophobe?!?!"

If you cannot tell the difference between the two I cannot help you. Frankly I think you can, you are just trying to suck me further into some bs debate.

It really is this simply so please stop with the games. What is actually funny is you are proving my very point by not allowing me to say I don't care if he wants to do this.

Relax, man...stress is not good for you. I'm not trying to start a debate...to be perfectly honest I don't really care about your opinion on this subject...I'm just chatting to pass time. You are free to feel however you want to...maybe when gender reassignment surgery becomes so common nobody even thinks twice when it's mentioned you can follow your own advice and "be proud to be abnormal" ;-)

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KHAndAnime

The only thing that confuses me about changing sex: how is Caitlyn Jennifer any different other Bruce Jenner? Like...why does it matter? She tweeted "I'm so happy after such a long struggle to be living my true self. Welcome to the world Caitlyn. Can't wait for you to get to know her/me." Tweets like this sound, particularly the latter part, sounds like she's suffering from a personality disorder. She's not a different person just because he changed her name or started wearing women's clothing.

What does being affirmed as a woman do for someone that they can't get as a man? Does it purely come down to wanting to feeling sexy in a feminine manner? Technically, guys can do just about anything girls can. For all the work that goes into sex change - seems like a really superficial thing, you know?

I don't really want to debate anything. I'm just trying to understand the mindset of someone who's going through this.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

I don't really care. Hope she is happy now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@KHAndAnime: I felt like a completely different person when I lost a ton of weight; I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked like I always wished I could look and it changed my whole lifestyle; the way I dressed, the things I did, the way I interacted with people, my confidence got a huge boost...and this was just a matter of weight (quite a bit of weight but weight nonetheless) so I can only imagine what profound impact a sex change can have. I don't think it's about what you can "get" from others but about being the person you want to be and see that reflected in your appearance.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KHAndAnime

@korvus said:

@KHAndAnime: I felt like a completely different person when I lost a ton of weight; I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked like I always wished I could look and it changed my whole lifestyle; the way I dressed, the things I did, the way I interacted with people, my confidence got a huge boost...and this was just a matter of weight (quite a bit of weight but weight nonetheless) so I can only imagine what profound impact a sex change can have. I don't think it's about what you can "get" from others but about being the person you want to be and see that reflected in your appearance.

You could be right, but it's difficult to imagine an Olympic athlete having problems with confidence in that way. There has to be many other things going on than just being confident about appearance. What stumps me is that that she couldn't find enough self-worth to continue living as a man, yet any man would be elated to be an Olympic winner. I guess it's like explaining color to a blind person.

How would I know if a sex change is for me? It's hard to comprehend what train of thought leads to that sort of conclusion. It's not like I have thoughts constantly running through my head ("I'm a man...I'm a man...I'm a man...") that determines I should be a guy.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AM-Gamer

@lostrib: Him and his entire family. Or should I say her? Actually I'll just call it "it".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@KHAndAnime: Maybe I gave emphasis to the wrong thing...feeling confident is not the goal, just one of the results...for me the goal was to feel "right" in my own skin, and that might be difficult to explain if you have never had such problems. When I gained all that extra weight due to an injury everything about me as a person started changing...it was slow and subtle but it happened. At a point I felt like I wasn't myself...it was not just about being heavier, it was about not recognising myself....at a point I stopped doing stuff, making goals, pursuing objectives...I started delaying everything to the time where "I'd be myself again" and I started disliking the person that I was and having trouble seeing myself in anything I did; it was like I was witnessing someone else living my life.

When I lost the weight what initially changed was my appearance, no doubt, but just like when I got the weight, things started slowly changing and by the time everything clicked into place my appearance was the least of my changes. It was like I was given myself back. Of course, for me it was a return to who I was, for Jenner it was becoming who she wanted to be, so it probably can't be so easily compared.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib

@AM-Gamer: why?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#36  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@lostrib said:

@AM-Gamer: why?

I don't think he knows why. It's just the eww factor pretty much, which is childish.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@korvus: olympic medal winner, decathlon, Montreal 1976 OG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@raugutcon: Thank you =D

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#39 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

I used to think Bruce was the most normal of the Kardashians.

I am at least pleasantly surprised to see that he spells the name Caitlyn with a C, when I first heard the name I figured it would be spelled with a K like Kim, Kendall, etc. do. But I'll always think of him as Bruce.

I wish the dude well, and can't really wrap my mind around the whole thing, and to an extent feel sorry for him, it must be tough to live through life like this. From what I gather he likes athletic things and is attracted to women, so aside from the female identity thing, it's clear to me that there are indeed some male aspects to his mind.

Oh, did you guys know that Bruce is a Republican?

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#41  Edited By deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

@AM-Gamer: I agree a 110% with you. I simply don't get why people are into that stuff. Instead of focusing on things that really matters, they keep on spraying that bs.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

getting photoshopped into oblivion and back sets a terrible standard for all the rest of us transgendered 70 year olds in the world.

way to go catlyin, how am i supposed to show my face after the unreasonable expectations the world has now?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:
@korvus said:

You really never heard of Bruce Jenner?

I don't really pay attention to going on outside of my basement but I at least knew who Bruce Jenner is :p

He lives in Europe might have something do with it.

I have no idea who it either.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

At the age 65, kind late to even.. why didn't he sex-change while he was young?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38675 Posts

eh. it's his/her life

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AM-Gamer

Wow and Gamespot deleted my comment. What a joke!

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@Dogswithguns said:

At the age 65, kind late to even.. why didn't he sex-change while he was young?

Lack of acceptance in the past or lack of good technology to do the operation

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

The sad part of his transformation into her is that from a good looking man now she is a bad looking woman, actually, that face lift he had done was terrible ( pretty much like Mickey Rourke ), from good looking man to bad looking man to bad looking woman. I´m familiar with gay persons, I have several gay friends but I´ve never understood that desire to transform from man into "woman", it makes me scratch my head every time, what´s the difference ?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#50 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

Wow and Gamespot deleted my comment. What a joke!

I wouldn't worry about it. It wasn't a particularly good post.