Stupid school suspends girl for having a perfectly normal-looking hair color.

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GreySeal9 (24859 posts) -

Sooooo stupid.

That hair color looks perfectly normal. Why the school felt the need to kick her out of class is beyond me.

Also, that girl looks way older than 15.

#2 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

She does look way older. She looks like she's in her late 30s. Anyway, her getting suspended is idiotic.

#3 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -
Well that's silly.
#4 Posted by Allicrombie (25329 posts) -
that's why being a natural redhead gives me an edge. Take that, overly sensitive school system!
#5 Posted by JML897 (33126 posts) -

But school officials insist that the rules are not arbitrary.

Get the f*ck out of here
#6 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14482 posts) -

I saw this on the news.  It's one thing if someone has day-glo hair (Actually, I think it's stupid to suspend someone for that as well), but crap like this goes beyond the realm of common sense.  Doesn't the school administration have more pressing issues to attend to than waste everyone's time with stupid sh!t like this?

#7 Posted by JamesElfman (98 posts) -
if she had hair like kmx had awhile back it would be understandable but that isnt the case.She looks about my age so buyer beware.
#8 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
Obama needs to be impeached.
#9 Posted by Masculus (2876 posts) -

It ought to have a psychoanalytical explanation. School directors make for excellent petty Tyrants.

#10 Posted by bnarmz (1425 posts) -

SHOCKING!! wow, another case of abusive power. haha

Control/power tripping seems to be a serious issue now days. Why do people feel the need to set such rediculous standards for everyone to obey? The real prob lies in the followers mentality, those that are so brainwashed to the point of blindly supporting such lunacy. Depriving kids of their right to education because of the way they look is discrimination, especially in cases like this. I'll be glad when this neanderthal way of thinking finally disappears.

#11 Posted by JamesElfman (98 posts) -
Obama needs to be impeached. Fightingfan
lies!
#12 Posted by JamesElfman (98 posts) -
wait....who the hell wears yoga pants to school?
#13 Posted by JML897 (33126 posts) -
wait....who the hell wears yoga pants to school?JamesElfman
It would have made high school way more interesting for me if that was a trend at the time.
#14 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
A large portion of the chicks on my campus.
#15 Posted by Allicrombie (25329 posts) -
Keep telling people those Ugg boots are gonna get em in trouble.
#16 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="JamesElfman"]wait....who the hell wears yoga pants to school?JML897
It would have made high school way more interesting for me if that was a trend at the time.

Back when I was in school, chicks were at least still wearing daisy dukes. :P

#17 Posted by wis3boi (31582 posts) -

[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="JamesElfman"]wait....who the hell wears yoga pants to school?Pirate700

They do at my college.

Also, fvck these silly school rules.

#18 Posted by idunnodude (2282 posts) -

its all about dem TNA pants bruh!

#19 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="JML897"] It would have made high school way more interesting for me if that was a trend at the time. wis3boi

They do at my college.

Also, fvck these silly school rules.

Daisy dukes > yoga pants. :P

#20 Posted by dave123321 (34196 posts) -

She does look way older. She looks like she's in her late 30s.

Pirate700
That's pushing it
#21 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

dave123321

That's pushing it

Well 30ish. She looks like a well kept late 30-something to me.

#22 Posted by DarkGamer007 (6032 posts) -

The students should all dye their hair bright colors, what is the school going to do, suspend a large population of the student body?

#23 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

The students should all dye their hair bright colors, what is the school going to do, suspend a large population of the student body?

DarkGamer007

Normal color hair?

"In the light he said it was pinkish-purplish," Rylee told KUTV. "He told me to have it fixed by the next day or I couldn't come back to school."Article

Sounds like we're not hearing the entire story.

#24 Posted by JML897 (33126 posts) -

DarkGamer007

I was thinking the same thing. Take a stand against this and make the school realize how ridiculous they're being.

#25 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Now that I think about it, I think we had a similar rule. We didn't have many dress codes but that was one of them. You'd get sent home until it was corrected. It had to be really over the top though.

#26 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

dave123321
That's pushing it

Naw. She looks old-- I have better looking professors, Must be all that tanning.
#27 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Fightingfan

That's pushing it

Naw. She looks old-- I have better looking professors, Must be all that tanning.

lol I didn't mean she looks old in a bad way. She just looks much older than 15. 30s isn't old anyway.

#28 Posted by JML897 (33126 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="dave123321"] That's pushing itPirate700

lol I didn't mean she looks old in a bad way. She just looks much older than 15. 30s isn't old anyway.

Yeah she's not the Courtney Stodden-type where overtanning and plastic surgery makes her look disgusting & old in a bad way. She's just more mature-looking than most girls her age

#29 Posted by redstorm72 (4593 posts) -

The stupidity of schools blows my mind. Kids are comitting suicide because of bullying that our education system refuses to prevent, and yet we are suspending a girl for dyeing her hair? Why is that rule even in place? Who give a sweet f**k what colour someones hair is? Is it because it is distracting to other kids? If we use that logic, then well endowed girls should be suspended for distracting a bunch of teenage boys. God I f**king hate elementary and high school teachers/managment. They are just a bunch of failures at life who get their rocks off f**king with people who can't stand up to them.

#30 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

The stupidity of schools blows my mind. Kids are comitting suicide because of bullying that our education system refuses to prevent, and yet we are suspending a girl for dyeing her hair? Why is that rule even in place? Who give a sweet f**k what colour someones hair is? Is it because it is distracting to other kids? If we use that logic, then well endowed girls should be suspended for distracting a bunch of teenage boys. God I f**king hate elementary and high school teachers/managment. They are just a bunch of failures at life who get their rocks off f**king with people who can't stand up to them.

redstorm72
For the same reason there are dress codes at some schools. They keep the kids in line (to a degree) and no serious incidents occur.
#31 Posted by Diablo-B (4051 posts) -
Shes only 15? She looks the same age as my mommy.
#32 Posted by jimkabrhel (15422 posts) -

lolUtah.

#33 Posted by Saturos3091 (14938 posts) -

But school officials insist that the rules are not arbitrary.JML897

Get the f*ck out of here

This is exactly what I thought upon reading that quote. Seriously stupid.
#34 Posted by Deadpool-n (467 posts) -

I can't believe this is what the school decides to pay attention to.

#35 Posted by theone86 (20555 posts) -

>Clicks on link

>Sees Utah

Why am I not surprised?

#36 Posted by theone86 (20555 posts) -

Shes only 15? She looks the same age as my mommy.Diablo-B

Damn, now I wanna meet your mommy.

#37 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Wonder how the parents feel about the situation.

#38 Posted by Aljosa23 (25423 posts) -

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

Nibroc420

For the same reason there are dress codes at some schools. They keep the kids in line (to a degree) and no serious incidents occur.

I totally agree. I mean, hair-related incidents are a serious epidemic in the US. Good for this school for stopping that kid's right to express themselves and in doing so stop any and all future hair-related crimes.

#39 Posted by JML897 (33126 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="redstorm72"]

Aljosa23

I totally agree. I mean, hair-related incidents are a serious epidemic in the US. Good for this school for stopping that kid's right to express themselves and in doing so stop any and all future hair-related crimes.

As the school district said:

"While this policy may seem restrictive, it does establish a behavioral expectation. When these standards/expectations are established and enforced for seemingly small things it provides for a school culture where more egregious offenses are less likely to occur."

In other words, if she was allowed to dye her hair it would be like a gateway drug that would cause her to explore more egregious activities. Sure today it's "just dying her hair", but what about the future? One day she might show up to school wearing a skirt that shows some leg. Maybe she'd even get a nose piercing. Pure chaos.

#40 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] For the same reason there are dress codes at some schools. They keep the kids in line (to a degree) and no serious incidents occur.JML897

As the school district said:

"While this policy may seem restrictive, it does establish a behavioral expectation. When these standards/expectations are established and enforced for seemingly small things it provides for a school culture where more egregious offenses are less likely to occur."

In other words, if she was allowed to dye her hair it would be like a gateway drug that would cause her to explore more egregious activities. Sure today it's "just dying her hair", but what about the future? One day she might show up to school wearing a skirt that shows some leg. Maybe she'd even get a nose piercing. Pure chaos.

Switch to Direct TV today.

[spoiler] I think that's the commercial. Not sure. [/spoiler]

#41 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

She is NOT 15.

#42 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Diablo-B"]Shes only 15? She looks the same age as my mommy.theone86

Damn, now I wanna meet your mommy.

I can't tell if that's a pedo joke or not.
#43 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -
Wow thats ridiculous. I'd understand if it was some bright blue or something, but her hair looked fine.
#44 Posted by CastieI (124 posts) -
That's an idiotic reason to take someone out of class.
#45 Posted by Celldrax (14674 posts) -

Once again, schools proving they're so caught up in political correctness bullsh*t, it even takes precedence over a students growth and well-being.

F*cking morons. I'll never understand how they justify this kind of crap to themselves (yeah, this sort of thing tends to rub me the wrong way...).

#46 Posted by sonicare (53529 posts) -

Maybe schools should focus on educating the kids instead of hair color. 

#47 Posted by WSGRandomPerson (13693 posts) -
Hair color looks normal to me.
#48 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

Pretty much 100% of the female student body at my school

#49 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -
the people that run schools are easily one of the most incompetent and power-abusing groups of people i have come across.
#50 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

I saw this on the news.  It's one thing if someone has day-glo hair (Actually, I think it's stupid to suspend someone for that as well), but crap like this goes beyond the realm of common sense.  Doesn't the school administration have more pressing issues to attend to than waste everyone's time with stupid sh!t like this?

Hallenbeck77

Pretty much every public school administration's default mode is set to stupid.