Study: Women are genetically programmed to cheat

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mingmao3046 (2474 posts) -

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/story?id=1469078#.UKfvhORX2So

#2 Posted by DroidPhysX (17088 posts) -
ok thats neat
#3 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -

That's only if they don't consider them "sexy." I have nothing to worry about.

#4 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -
in tests?
#5 Posted by lonewolf604 (8517 posts) -
I thought it was the other way around?
#6 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

you don't like women do you Mingmao...

#7 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
Well Monogamy is total bullcrap..., it's invented my society.
#8 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

I thought it was the other way around? lonewolf604

Have you been under a rock?

Also this is an old ass article. the cheating rate has roughly evened out between the sexes, 20%. However, I think the female number is higher after working in a predominantly woman dominated field for 10 years, as many of them are in denial as to what cheating actually is.

#9 Posted by lonewolf604 (8517 posts) -

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]I thought it was the other way around? GummiRaccoon

Have you been under a rock?

No, I was always thought that guys want to spread their seed around.
#10 Posted by Omni-Wrath (1970 posts) -

During ovulation and they are only likely to fantasize more. Women on average cheat far less than men.

#11 Posted by Omni-Wrath (1970 posts) -

Well Monogamy is total bullcrap..., it's invented my society.Fightingfan

How exactly is it bullcrap?

#12 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

During ovulation and they are only likely to fantasize more. Women on average cheat far less than men.

Omni-Wrath

nah it is equal now.

#13 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I don't believe every study I hear.

#14 Posted by Omni-Wrath (1970 posts) -

ShadowMoses900

Well, many studies can be flawed in one way or another.
However, I hope you don't merelydisagree with this study just because it makes you uncomfortable or dosen't fit your world views.

#15 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

ShadowMoses900

#16 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

kingkong0124

#17 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

Is that why she cheated on you?

#18 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10077 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Well Monogamy is total bullcrap..., it's invented my society.Omni-Wrath

polygamy acquires more reproductive benefits.
#19 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

This is why it's smart for men to date women who are a notch or 2 less attractive than them:P

#20 Posted by iowastate (7873 posts) -

you can find a study and/or fudge the results of a survey to suit your needs.

I think you will find that in reality men cheat way more than women and are more inclined genetically and in every other way to "cheat, lie, and steal" than are women.

#21 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Well Monogamy is total bullcrap..., it's invented my society.Omni-Wrath

Historically humans have sex with multiple partners to increase the chances of passing our DNA to the next generation. We're simple animals believe it or not.
#22 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

[QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Well Monogamy is total bullcrap..., it's invented my society.Fightingfan

Historically humans have sex with multiple partners to increase the chances of passing our DNA to the next generation. We're simple animals believe it or not.

I don't care much about passing my DNA on. I just want a decent, attractive, loyal person with whom I share a mutual attraction.

#23 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150066 posts) -
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

MrPraline

#24 Posted by soulless4now (41360 posts) -

And we all live to see another day.

I'm not impressed.

#25 Posted by Ballroompirate (22281 posts) -

I'd say it's 50/50 on the whole cheating thing. Women cheat just as much as men do.

The thing is women don't know what they want (ever) while men want everything.

#26 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -
[QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Well Monogamy is total bullcrap..., it's invented my society.Fightingfan

Indeed we are, and monogamy is observed in many species of animals.
#27 Posted by CHOASXIII (14628 posts) -

That's BS.

#28 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5050 posts) -
6 year old article.
#29 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5050 posts) -
[QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

Having trouble holding down a woman huh? And aren't you a virgin?
#30 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

I think you will find that in reality men cheat way more than women and are more inclined genetically and in every other way to "cheat, lie, and steal" than are women.

iowastate

You are officially the governor of the state of Denial.

#31 Posted by GamerZem (539 posts) -

waynesworld-cool-story-bro.jpg?130439085

#32 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

worlock77

True. But monogamy works for any living creature, limit the availability of a mate and there you go.

It's just simply caveman rules. Men spread their seed widely to ensure their DNA passes, and women share their seed wisely because they need an alpha male; someone that will provide for them.

I simply don't believe humans are mean't to be monogamous like a love-bug. It simply doesn't make sense in my opinion.

#33 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

TheWalkingGhost

I'm a homosexual and partake in homosexual acts daily.

#34 Posted by mindstorm (15242 posts) -
The most natural inclination that a person might have does not necessitate that this natural response is the most appropriate or reasonable.
#35 Posted by N30F3N1X (7964 posts) -

iowastate

[citation needed]

#36 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5050 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Historically humans have sex with multiple partners to increase the chances of passing our DNA to the next generation. We're simple animals believe it or not. Fightingfan

I'm a homosexual and partake in homosexual acts daily.

That's not what you said in another thread.
#37 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23423 posts) -

hartsickdiscipl

I don't care much about passing my DNA on. I just want a decent, attractive, loyal person with whom I share a mutual attraction.

dhat
#38 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10124 posts) -
That explains my mum at card games...
#39 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2862 posts) -
They can't cheat if they can't escape. Basement + lots of rope = faithful relationship.
#40 Posted by dkdk999 (6738 posts) -
Women are designed to be most attracted to an alpha male so she can trick her man into thinking it's his. Just like men are designed to have sex any chance they get.
#41 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

[QUOTE="worlock77"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Historically humans have sex with multiple partners to increase the chances of passing our DNA to the next generation. We're simple animals believe it or not. Fightingfan

True. But monogamy works for any living creature, limit the availability of a mate and there you go.

It's just simply caveman rules. Men spread their seed widely to ensure their DNA passes, and women share their seed wisely because they need an alpha male; someone that will provide for them.

I simply don't believe humans are mean't to be monogamous like a love-bug. It simply doesn't make sense in my opinion.

Well, if we are going to decide to act based on natural instincts and evolutionary processes, why not go all the way with it? Guys get angry and/or jealous (rightfully so) when stuff like this goes down. Let them kill with impunity too. It's only natural. That's the way they were programmed. You see where this goes if we stay on this road?

#42 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

Fightingfan

Humans weren't "meant" to be any one thing or another.

#43 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

TheWalkingGhost

I never have this problem.

I am quite strong, you see.

#44 Posted by indzman (16950 posts) -

one of my freind cheats on her husband with her colleauge with no feelings of guilt.Seems she enjoys both males company.

#45 Posted by gamerguru100 (10461 posts) -
I thought it was the other way around? lonewolf604
#46 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"] Indeed we are, and monogamy is observed in many species of animals.hartsickdiscipl

Well, if we are going to decide to act based on natural instincts and evolutionary processes, why not go all the way with it? Guys get angry and/or jealous (rightfully so) when stuff like this goes down. Let them kill with impunity too. It's only natural. That's the way they were programmed. You see where this goes if we stay on this road?

And that's why using the "natural" argument is fvkcing stupid wrt to any issue.
#47 Posted by hoola (6422 posts) -

Yes. There needs to be a balance between what we physically want and what we, as rational human beings, know what is best for us in the society that we are in. I believe many people don't know what that balance is.

#48 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

l4dak47

Exactly. Like the argument about being entitled to contraception. Sex is so natural that we can't stop ourselves or be smart about it, so we all need others to pay for our contraception. It's only natural.

#49 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -

[QUOTE="l4dak47"][QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

hartsickdiscipl

Exactly. Like the argument about being entitled to contraception. Sex is so natural that we can't stop ourselves or be smart about it, so we all need others to pay for our contraception. It's only natural.

I don't care about that either. I mostly support that due to pragmatic reasons.
#50 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5050 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Historically humans have sex with multiple partners to increase the chances of passing our DNA to the next generation. We're simple animals believe it or not. Necrifer

I never have this problem.

I am quite strong, you see.

You're not funny, not even close.