Study: Female Hurricanes Are Deadlier Than Male Hurricanes.

#1 Posted by Master_Live (14027 posts) -

Female hurricanes are deadlier than male hurricanes, study says

From the article:

Apparently sexism isn't just a social problem -- if you're in the path of a hurricane, gender bias might actually kill you.

A study suggests people prepare differently for hurricanes depending on whether the storm has a male or female name.

"Feminine-named hurricanes (vs. masculine-named hurricanes) cause significantly more deaths, apparently because they lead to a lower perceived risk and consequently less preparedness," a team of researchers wrote in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

In other words, a hurricane named "Priscilla" might not make people flee like a hurricane named "Bruno" would.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important for me since every hurricane season is a wait to see if some hurricane is going to barrel over us and whatever I can learn to get people to better prepare themselves is essential. So, OT, are you sexist toward hurricanes? Be honest.

#2 Edited by Ring_of_fire (15645 posts) -

People are idiots.

#3 Posted by GazaAli (22492 posts) -

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA social liberals plz

#4 Posted by gamerguru100 (10461 posts) -

LMAO, shit like this makes me question the future of the species. I hope dimwits that actually believe this never reproduce.

#5 Posted by playmynutz (5980 posts) -

Ha good one :-)

#6 Posted by Storm_Marine (10767 posts) -

So if we gave storms scary names like "Hurricane Storm-God's Wrath" then there would be less casualties?

#7 Edited by -Blasphemy- (2934 posts) -

hath have no fury like a woman scorned

#8 Edited by Kevlar101 (6008 posts) -

All hurricanes are given female names.

#9 Posted by GamingGod999 (2939 posts) -

Blame it on the hormones.

#10 Posted by jasean79 (2338 posts) -

"Women are like a hurricane, at first warm, wet and wild and in the end they take your house and your car and leave you with nothing."

#11 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6639 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

"Women are like a hurricane, at first warm, wet and wild and in the end they take your house and your car and leave you with nothing."

LOL. Just LOL

#12 Edited by ad1x2 (5484 posts) -

So if we gave storms scary names like "Hurricane Storm-God's Wrath" then there would be less casualties?

No, because then the atheists in the hurricane's path will just say that it doesn't exist...

#13 Posted by Master_Live (14027 posts) -

All hurricanes are given female names.

Try again.