Study concludes that no woman is totally heterosexual

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

Researchers at the University of Essex in the UK have published the results of a study that concludes that there's no such thing as a 100% heterosexual woman.

:-O

Gay women tend to be exclusively sexually attracted to women, while straight women are more likely to be aroused by both sexes, a study says.

Researchers asked 345 women about their sexual preferences and compared these with their arousal levels when shown videos of attractive men and women.

[...]

The University of Essex study concluded that no woman is "totally straight".

Full Story (BBC)

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

No one is 100% heterosexual.

Instead, a persons sexuality would be best shown by placing a mark on a line like this:

Straight ------------------------------------------------- Gay

Sexuality is a very complex and diverse part of human life. To shove it into 3 strict categories is a MAJOR over-simplification of sexuality.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Instead, a persons sexuality would be best shown by placing a mark on a line like this:

Sexuality is a very complex and diverse part of human life. To shove it into 3 strict categories is a MAJOR over-simplification of sexuality.

Yeah agreed with this.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:

Yeah agreed with this.

What the study found is that, for women, you can place a mark at the far right of that scale, but you cannot place a mark at the far left of the scale.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

That's not true

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

LOL studies aren't always reality. And if that study were reality then the results would be the same for men.

JustBeFahad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 JustBeFahad
Member since 2014 • 1094 Posts

Good to know that girls in general don't have a problem with threesomes...

Oh wait, it doesn't guarantee promiscuous behavior? Damn.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

You can use fake percentages to prove anything. 89% of all people know that. Here, let me show you this chart..

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Tell me where I can find a bisexual woman who is willing to bring other women into bed, then. I'm single now, so I'm serious. Cause I honestly don't see very many bisexual women around, let alone women who aren't judgmental about looks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Nothing is gay until someone gets penetrated

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

What about shoving it into one category?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

More on topic, I'm fine with the results. In fact, they align with my views on human nature in general.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

While I admit to enjoying this idea I have to admit that the sample size of this study seems rather small.

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts

Old news to me. But damn, why does it make me feel so insecure....

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3872 Posts

I question the results of all studies. They are influenced by the individuals doing the study and what outcome they are looking to achieve.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

the one enlightening thing missing from the methodology is what kind of visual stimulation was used, just saying they show woman pictures of women and monitored their eye movements and brain chemistry isn't saying enough by itself, the nature of the pictures might effect the outcome of such a study

the female gender as far as social constructs goes are largely acceptable and even encouraged to display and accentuate their beauty and/or sexuality as a way to conform to their femininity, whereas men and masculinity this is typically not the case

as far as the conclusion goes, I'm not debating they're wrong in the women are more open to having sexual thoughts about other women, but I don't think that's entirely an innate attribute to sex that's hardwired in us in our genes, I think that the influences are social in origin and are the product of our development, for instance look at the acceptance in mainstream culture of displays of lesbianism being accepted and encouraged and men finding it okay, whereas just the opposite for anything between two men, I think these kinds of double standards and growing up around them have big impacts on our sexual development

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

makes sense. I've known many women that "experimented" either in college or in their youth with the same sex, and while they might not be turned on by the same sex now, they do find certain same sex individuals attractive. The number of times I've heard a woman say "I'd like a piece of that..." (or equivelent) about a member of the same sex is countless.

I don't think it is really about being bisexual or anything like that; I just think it is less taboo and more fun for women to go after women.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Women's sexuality is elastic and will change depending on the environment and situation they're in. Guys only experience that when they are in their developmental period - and then after that their sexuality is rigid.

Also - every girl I've dated says they've been attracted to girls or have had sexual experience with them. So yea - I won't argue with the study.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#21 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

It doesn't surprise me, but I'd be willing to bet that the same would be true for men as well.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Women are just more open about their sexuality so they are likely to be more honest about it.

It's hard to do these kind of studies on men because a lot of them are insecure of their sexuality. Just look at 4chan and their trap loving culture.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

So it's true. They really don't need men. :-P

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

I could have told you this.

Women these days have come up with alot of nonsense and with LGBT hype. An ex I had told me she was bisexual like 6 months after we were in a relationship, and after that I had no trust in her when she was around other girls (and I was fucking right be cause when we had split for a couple months this bitch went out and had a threesome with another gurl, but when we were in a relationship she would nag the shit about me that we had too much sex and that she didnt feel right going to church twice a week while we were having sex every other day. That she wanted to do right by god and I even toned down the sex for her to once every two weeks or so.)

When I was in High school, I could already tell that 40% of the girls in my school were bisexual, 20% lesbians, and the rest of the 40% left claimed to be straight but had either had a girl on girl sexual experience or wanted/wouldnt mind doing so.

I remember the day that I gave up... this bitch was dared to either flash her tits or make out with a girl. This bitch ran up the bleachers and almost raped another girl. Then turned around and said she isnt lesbian/bisexual that she had a boyfriend and that she wouldnt just flash us because she didnt want us to see her tits.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Let's remember how left wing media is brainwashing the populace. The line between man and woman is blurred, manliness is looked down upon, slutiness is encouraged. In many cases women are just as manly as "men". These women just need a real man and they would not be so confused.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#26 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL: most men lean against heterosexual though

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL: I hope you understand that on a spectrum includes people who are singularly one end of it.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

Well, having worked the doors, I have seen how touchy feely the modern day youth is. If a bloke had put a hand on my bum at that age, he would have got a swift punch in the face. And no i am not a bigot, we just did not get touchy feely like that. The article does not surprise me in the slightest. Always wondered if male Yoga practioners give themselves a selfie as it were :D