Starting a Revolutionary Website for The World to Enjoy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redglas88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redglas88
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

Yes, I am making a website for people to read about games and enjoy the game news that they already can get elsewhere. No, I do not need help building the website or planning. YOU need to join me to write articles once I put the website up and make it live to the world. I am looking for young-ish enthusiasts (I don't care how old you are but you should not be too far off the range of 16-25 for the sake of knowing what's going on and what's the hippest sh*t to write about). I don't pay you but you'll have full control of my website's HTML as well as an email account, and permission to change and add posts. I just want anyone who can already with a clear mind say they are willing to jump aboard as of right now, and give me the team that needs to be in existence for a website to function properly.

About me:

Name is Andrew, 25 years old, living in Los Angeles, will likely try to put up a rudimentary thing (website) soon (five days from now). I just love games, and I have knowledge about it so I am not risking any capital or time on this. It's a love and a comfort so why not see how it can affect me and potentially the world?

Thanks for reading, and if you want to reply, you know what I'm looking for (Name, level of willingness, and anything else.)

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@redglas88: Sounds like a big plan, but I'm not sure you are aware of what it would take to build the site you describe.

I'm Rob. I live just outside of Chicago, and I know what it takes to build the site you describe because I already built it(minus the free email). I also love games and have a ton of knowledge about them. And I am willing to risk capital and time on it.

You'll find that anyone who wants to write about video game news or review video games want to know what's in it for them. If you want people to believe in your project, you have to be willing to work for them. For example, I've built Patreon support directly into our user system so that our readers can help creators finance their love for games. I'm also building a job portal for both writers and potential employers to help young aspiring journalists get connected to employers who are looking for new talent. And on top of all that, I'm willing to spend my own hard earned money to advertise content written for my site by others, and have a profit share plan in place for the top creators.

Rather than try to reinvent the wheel, maybe you'd rather help write for my site instead.

http://gamelust.com

If not you, maybe someone else would rather jump on gamelust and help create content.