Spurs are your 2014 NBA Champions!!!

#1 Edited by dave123321 (34139 posts) -

Hey OT, it's that time of year again. I am so so so so sorry for starting this late.

Been having some doubts about my future but that's not here no there.

Tonight in case you missed it, the spurs won with a determination. For whatever reason Miami doesn't seem to want to win. As a a dweller of San Antonio I am happy.

But that can all turn south as we well saw last year. Oh my how it can turn south. So what are your predictions?

Will spurs close it out Sunday or will it come down to a game six or maybe even a game 7 win for Miami

Predict predict predict

#2 Edited by Master_Live (14820 posts) -

Predictions after 4 games? Way to go out on a limb. It isn't a matter of lack of will on the Heat part, they haven't been able to win simply because the Spurs are better.

For more discussion you can also visit the NBA Thread on the Sport Forum.

My original prediction was Spurs in 7, I will stick with it.

#3 Posted by dave123321 (34139 posts) -

We have this guy on this forum that makes predictions after each game and during games because he says that predictions need to change with new information. Needless to say he is frequently mocked

#4 Posted by dave123321 (34139 posts) -

Oh and as master mentioned, what were your guys predictions prior to game one?

#5 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26342 posts) -

Lose-Lose situation in my eyes. I hate both teams. At the end of the day the only person I am rooting for is Duncan. Even though they just got their asses handed to them at home two times in a row, I have a very hard time believing the Heat will lose a third. Goes to 6.

#6 Edited by 4myAmuzumament (1750 posts) -

My best guess is that LeBron and co will be the first team to storm back from 3-1 in the finals. The Spurs are still a lackluster scrub team and all it takes to beat them is a little quickness and speed, which the Heat have plenty of. The Heat are just overwhelmed from playing against all the sorry teams in the East so now they have to get serious in order to make this comeback.

#7 Posted by Korvus (3908 posts) -

The Heat is down 3-1? That's surprising...

#8 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26342 posts) -

@4myAmuzumament said:

My best guess is that LeBron and co will be the first team to storm back from 3-1 in the finals. The Spurs are still a lackluster scrub team and all it takes to beat them is a little quickness and speed, which the Heat have plenty of. The Heat are just overwhelmed from playing against all the sorry teams in the East so now they have to get serious in order to make this comeback.

...yeah, because being overwhelmed by the shitty East teams would definitely leave them more in a disadvantage than having to go through the MUCH better West teams, as the Spurs did...

#9 Posted by dave123321 (34139 posts) -

Maybe he meant like in college trying to skate by by only choosing easy classes and then having to come in unprepared for a worthwhile class

#10 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151426 posts) -

I would rather the Spurs win......

#11 Edited by playmynutz (6062 posts) -

No K.D. no watching

#12 Posted by dave123321 (34139 posts) -

Oh hey the games on

#13 Edited by one_plum (6358 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

I would rather the Spurs win......

Considering the other team is made of a few elite players whose skills are only matched by their egos, it's an easy choice.

#14 Posted by dave123321 (34139 posts) -

After an abysmal opening by the spurs, spurs are holding on okish

#15 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7453 posts) -

21 point lead in a blink of an eye. Its over... sheesh, glad is the Spurs at least they are humble folks leaves little reason to dislike them.

#17 Posted by dave123321 (34139 posts) -

Oh man oh man oh wow

#18 Posted by dave123321 (34139 posts) -

Happy

#19 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1750 posts) -

More rings for the Mavs to chase. Good series. I'm a little happy. Just a little.

#20 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26342 posts) -

Def. wasn't expecting it to only go 5 games, but I did expect the Spurs to win. Amazed that the Heat didn't have one left in them. Big question mark now for the Heat and LeBron. Wade/Bosh and the bench just showed LeBron that either BIG changes need to be made or he needs to find a new place to play if he wants another ring.

#21 Posted by yokofox33 (29882 posts) -

Wade is a bitch. And I'm a Heat fan.

Congrats to the Spurs. Fantastic team and organization. Pop is arguably top 3 coaches of all-time.

#22 Edited by Lord_Daemon (24273 posts) -

It's always a sad day in sports when any team from Texas wins.

#23 Edited by byof_america (1386 posts) -

I enjoy watching blow outs, Spurs may now be my third favorite team after the Mavs and Bucks.

#24 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26342 posts) -

@byof_america said:

I enjoy watching blow outs, Spurs may now be my third favorite team after the Mavs and Bucks.

Can't stand the Spurs, mainly because of Popovich...I guess I finally know what non-Patriots fans feel towards Belichick.

#25 Edited by Elpresador-911 (316 posts) -

Glad the spurs won

#26 Posted by Mercuria1_King (276 posts) -

The Spurs deserve it!

#27 Posted by Senor_Kami (8419 posts) -

Bron Bron's legacy is tarnished with this one. They got their ass kicked by damn near 20 points every game. Then dude went out with cramps and other just face palming stuff. He's like Jordan if Jordan couldn't get it done when it counted the most. It's kinda crazy how celebrated and ballyhooed Bronnie and Heat are considering the product they put on the court. They're a good team. That's it. Very solid. Competitive every year. That's it though. Talks of great are overblown.

#28 Posted by Korvus (3908 posts) -

Nice! Congrats Spurs fans!

#29 Posted by Master_Live (14820 posts) -
@Senor_Kami said:

Bron Bron's legacy is tarnished with this one. They got their ass kicked by damn near 20 points every game. Then dude went out with cramps and other just face palming stuff. He's like Jordan if Jordan couldn't get it done when it counted the most. It's kinda crazy how celebrated and ballyhooed Bronnie and Heat are considering the product they put on the court. They're a good team. That's it. Very solid. Competitive every year. That's it though. Talks of great are overblown.

Cramps are cramps, not his fault. He played great, Wade is just done.

#30 Posted by EPICCOMMANDER (585 posts) -
@one_plum said:

Considering the other team is made of a few elite players whose skills are only matched by their egos, it's an easy choice.

While I'm not with you on the egos of Bosh and James, you are partly right about Wade's ego. Whatever happens over the summer, Wade needs to at least consider the sixth man role, or take an even larger pay cut, the later he's hinted he's not interested in doing, but he needs to face facts:

He doesn't have the stamina to play a starting position and his defensive intensity suffered mightily in the finals because of it. He can't finish at the rim anywhere near as good, and what does he have to fall back on? He doesn't have a three-point game, so he's really out of options at this point. He needs to evolve his game, maybe work on that three-point shot, take a pay hit for the team, or get out of the starting rotation, or all of the above.