Spartans=Overrated

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fkid
Member since 2003 • 1028 Posts
It seems to me that because of this movie, there's a giant horde that jumped on the whole "Spartans kicks all ass" bandwagon.
Psssh how pathetic! I knew Spartans were already crazy-ass warriors but I dont think of them like these bunch of youngins are thinking about Spartans nowadays.
Spartans are kick-ass but nowhere near what many of the web world are claiming it to be.
falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#2 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts
It seems to me that because of this movie, there's a giant horde that jumped on the whole "Spartans kicks all ass" bandwagon.
Psssh how pathetic! I knew Spartans were already crazy-ass warriors but I dont think of them like these bunch of youngins are thinking about Spartans nowadays.
Spartans are kick-ass but nowhere near what many of the web world are claiming it to be.
Fkid
... What are you talking about...

Anyways, if spartans don't kick ass, who does. 50 cent :P I mean, he may be bullet proof but come on XD
Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts
Spartans are true soldiers of their time and held off a large number of the enemy without care of their own life. They knew they were going to die but they still fought as hard as they could. Could you do that? 
xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xXBuffJeffXx
Member since 2006 • 5913 Posts
I agree. They were some of the greatest soldiers the world has ever seen, but they weren't gods. They were mortal just like anybody else.
3DayFinisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 3DayFinisher
Member since 2007 • 40501 Posts

ummm... Wrong board

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
At there time they were the greatest most skilled warriors around. They grew up fighting, all they knew to do was war.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SaintLeonidas

At there time they were the greatest most skilled warriors around. They grew up fighting, all they knew to do was war.SaintLeonidas

and this isnt just my opinion its that of most historians

Fkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fkid
Member since 2003 • 1028 Posts

ummm... Wrong board

3DayFinisher

Definitely. Mostly everyone here are obsessed with them.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Ninjas = even more overrated.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="3DayFinisher"]

ummm... Wrong board

Fkid

Im obsessed because ive read books on the actual spartans, and read articles and seen the programs, and no matter how the movie 300 portrays them, in real life they were as brave, skilled, and kick *** as everyone says. You make it seem like 300 is wrong and they werent that great.Well that battle actually happened, they actaully killed that many.

Snomel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Snomel
Member since 2007 • 1138 Posts
[QUOTE="Fkid"][QUOTE="3DayFinisher"]

ummm... Wrong board

SaintLeonidas

Im obsessed because ive read books on the actual spartans, and read articles and seen the programs, and no matter how the movie 300 portrays them, in real life they were as brave, skilled, and kick *** as everyone says. You make it seem like 300 is wrong and they werent that great.Well that battle actually happened, they actaully killed that many.

Did you actually read the topic? TC isn't saying that the Spartans weren't good fighters. The problem is with people who are suddenly obsessed with them. Was everyone talking about the Spartans this time last year? No. Why are they now? Only because of 300. Therefore, jumping on the bandwagon.

Dasc00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 Dasc00
Member since 2006 • 4308 Posts
You're right, vikings are superior. I mean, come on. Vikings don't even have to be trained.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="Fkid"][QUOTE="3DayFinisher"]

ummm... Wrong board

Snomel

Did you actually read the topic? TC isn't saying that the Spartans weren't good fighters. The problem is with people who are suddenly obsessed with them. Was everyone talking about the Spartans this time last year? No. Why are they now? Only because of 300. Therefore, jumping on the bandwagon.

Yeah, I got into them months ago after seeing the trailer. But my like of them went from an obseseion with the movie to actually really interested in the spartan culture. Eveyone thinks im only obsessed with the movie but i actually more obsessed with the actual spartans.

xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xXBuffJeffXx
Member since 2006 • 5913 Posts
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"][QUOTE="Fkid"][QUOTE="3DayFinisher"]

ummm... Wrong board

Snomel

I agree. I mean, I guess I did jump on the bandwagon but I've always had an interest in the warrior mentality and war itself, so it's only natural for me to be drawn to the Spartans.

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts
LOL I knew about spartans years ago when I took a little high school class called greek mythology. We went over alot of the history of the time as well as the myths and I learned about them way before a movie was even made. Sorry.
Half-Life_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 Half-Life_man
Member since 2006 • 6302 Posts

T3H SPART0N5 W3R3 IN HAYLO MAN!!!!!!!

Sorry. Anyway I dunno and I don't really care.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
Translation: "I liked the Spartans back when they were cool, now they've just, like, totally sold out and gone mainstream."