Something's wrong with me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17851 Posts

I just spent over an hour stalking a single fly in my house. The duel ended when I chased him into the hallway only to lose him, coming back into the living room he came full-bore right at me and I knocked him out of the air.

Man I hate those bastards. They're not like other bugs you can mostly ignore, they follow your ass. Buzz you. Land on you. Share your food.

Fucking hate flies.

And I hate birds. And mosquitoes. Anything with wings is an asshole.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Flying cockroaches are the worst. I hate those with all my life.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

You need this

Loading Video...

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#5 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

It is a natural revulsion, same reason most people do not like snakes and rats. Flies are disease spreaders.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@n64dd said:

LOL

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts
@br0kenrabbit said:

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

I was working at a hotel just a few weeks ago, doing the night audit. A customer calls the front desk saying there's a fly in her room. I wish I could have just said "what do you expect me to do about it" or "kill it yourself!" but instead I just said "do you want me to have security come to your room and take care of it" and she's like "no, I don't want them to wake up my family" and I am thinking "fucking hell, why did you even call me" and I'm just like "okay, call us back if you need any further assistance **click**". Flies are annoying sure, but they're not like stick ass looking like cockroaches or anything. And unlike bees or mosquitoes I don't have have to worry about bites/stings.

Johnmclane26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Johnmclane26
Member since 2016 • 255 Posts

i hate flys aswell thet always seem to want to fly as close as possible to me ear

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I hate flies for the same reasons you do but I also hate cockroaches down to my guts, once the heat starts rising and we hit 75 degrees they appear out of nothing.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#12 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

Flies are fine unless they're in large numbers. Mosquitoes on the other hand were sent from hell.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

@raugutcon: I'll never forget coming back to my flat after two months and seeing a large juicy one that had somehow exploded in the middle of the room. Its head was half a foot away from its body.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I killed a spider other day. Sorry but it wasn't invited in my bed room. I don't kill them if there out side as that where they belong. Once I had a nest in my monitor. I didn't no until they all started flowing out and then biting me and had all spots all over my body where they bit me. Next day I went to work and all I was doing was scratching every where. Hated them since. Had to chuck my monitor away as they fried it.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

I just spent over an hour stalking a single fly in my house. The duel ended when I chased him into the hallway only to lose him, coming back into the living room he came full-bore right at me and I knocked him out of the air.

Man I hate those bastards. They're not like other bugs you can mostly ignore, they follow your ass. Buzz you. Land on you. Share your food.

Fucking hate flies.

Yeah, them flies are smarter then they used to be, they have adapted to how tactical we are. They camo now, and hide in places and wait you out. As soon as you turn around they'll come at you and laugh. You should watch the movie Jeepers Creepers 2, its one of the wing movie award winner.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60c6d07310a
deactivated-5b60c6d07310a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5b60c6d07310a
Member since 2015 • 357 Posts

@skipper847: Inside your monitor? Was it one of those big CRT ones?

Flies (and other insects/arachnids in general) are the bane of my existence. At least I don't have to worry about them that much during the winter, but now that it's summer, they're all over the place and I don't even know how most of them get into my bedroom.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 skipper847

@metalman0616: Yeah it was massive it was my first PC/Monitor.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

i can relate, i hate them bastards. i try to close the windows and turn on the AC and it almost works.

@mrbojangles25 said:

You need this

Loading Video...

So kewl!

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

@skipper847 said:

I killed a spider other day. Sorry but it wasn't invited in my bed room. I don't kill them if there out side as that where they belong. Once I had a nest in my monitor. I didn't no until they all started flowing out and then biting me and had all spots all over my body where they bit me. Next day I went to work and all I was doing was scratching every where. Hated them since. Had to chuck my monitor away as they fried it.

Not as bad as crazy ants. Look it up.

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 35

#20 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

Yeah, I'm always their target. They follow me everywhere, the more I fight it, the more it keeps coming to annoy me. Small flies are even worse.

Avatar image for brandonisking99
brandonisking99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 brandonisking99
Member since 2015 • 39 Posts

I feel you. I've been battling these moth's down here in my basement. I'll just be sitting here playing some CS:GO or WoW, and those dumbass pieces off shit just pop out and start flying onto my screen and shit. I will kill everyone that I come across, lol.

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts

@alim298 said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

LMFAO

On-topic: Sorry OP. I'll keep in mind to not login on GS after drinking Red Bull.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 skipper847

To be honest I think there is something wrong with all of us coming here all time. :P

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@LexLas said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

Fucking hate flies.

Yeah, them flies are smarter then they used to be, they have adapted to how tactical we are. They camo now, and hide in places and wait you out. As soon as you turn around they'll come at you and laugh. You should watch the movie Jeepers Creepers 2, its one of the wing movie award winner.

Jeepers Creepers is one of the most underrated horror movies out there, I was just watching it the other day!! Now as far as the TC is concerned, there's nothing wrong with you, we all got our phobias when it comes to insects! I got issues with flies as well, but I wouldn't have been as fanatical as you where trying to kill it!! lol....you got me thinking you would have nuked your house if it came down to it!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

Next time use Raid!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#26 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@johnmclane26 said:

i hate flys aswell thet always seem to want to fly as close as possible to me ear

I don't like them either if I find one I have to follow it round until I kill it.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#27 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

@br0kenrabbit: you need a cat. They're jedi at flies. You know how a fly is like laughing and flying around hides when you pull out the fly swatter. A fucking cat will have that fly fleeing for its life. Seriously. They'll eventually catch it and then leave it 90% dead and act like... ok you may go. And just when its like ok i'm free the cat will **** with it again.

Or like my cat used to do sometimes she'd be sitting there asleep. Then she'd notice the cat and her head would swivel around following it... then BAM one shot with paw and gobbled it up and back to sleep.

Avatar image for thegangstasheep
TheGangstaSheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By TheGangstaSheep
Member since 2016 • 17 Posts

Get a rocket launcher. I heard it kills flies pretty well. And everything else. Ok never mind then...

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4398 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

You need this

Loading Video...

I got one of these - Christmas gift from step-dad. He always finds odd things like this to gift us.

I use it maybe once a year for the fly my husky (yes, my siberian husky. She's like a cat - chases down flies and kills them) doesn't catch and even then, those are few and far between. Maybe 3-4 flies a year get into the house.

It works good. You need to be within about 3ft for it to work well. If you're any further the salt disperses too much and won't kill the fly. Fill it with salt, pump, flip the safety switch, aim and fire.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

They hate you too, especially after you spend an hour trying to assassinate them.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#31 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

You need this

Loading Video...

Automation, people.

Loading Video...

chitosan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By chitosan87
Member since 2012 • 103 Posts

@skipper847 said:

To be honest I think there is something wrong with all of us coming here all time. :P

Damn Right … Something wrong with me, I just kept reading people’ post bout flies and things that got wings. I hate them, but I don’t hate Pegasus, its wings are adorable … LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#33 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@alim298 said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

Tell that to my baby, whom an eagle took away!!! When they brought him back, he would not stop cawing. Assholes.