Something I never understood about FMA (Original series)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#1 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

I'm aware that the original doesn't follows the same plot as the manga.

but anyway, I never understood why the heck did Edward ditched Winry and went for Rosé in the series?

I mean, did I missed something? Because Rosé was present in the first 2 episodes of the anime and then we don't even hear anything about her until like episode 40 or something like that and it turns out that Edward is all of a sudden madly in love with her, and they only had like 3 conversations that were hardly 2 minutes long before that, we don't even listen to Edward saying something like "Oh I wonder what happened to Rosé?" She just appears in the first 2 episodes and then completely dissapears and appears again WITH A BABY and now Edward is in love with her, completely forgetting about Winry who was the obvious love interest whom he had known since he was like 2 years old or something.

I have never read the manga (I didn't even finished watching brotherhood) but I was told by a friend  that Rosé is completely minor in the manga and that she in fact only appears at the beginning of it (as in the anime) and is then never heard of again.

And she is even in the movie (shamballa) or at least her "real world" counterpart and again, Ed falls in love with her.

So was there a reason for that? Or is it just one of the biggest plot overlooks made in anime?

mM0MF

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
It's been a while since I've seen the first anime, but I don't recall Ed falling in love with Rose. I remember she was involved with Scar's plan to create a stone, and then Dante planned to use her, and she and Ed danced or something. Either way, isn't it implied in the movie that Ed marries Winry?
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#3 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"]It's been a while since I've seen the first anime, but I don't recall Ed falling in love with Rose. I remember she was involved with Scar's plan to create a stone, and then Dante planned to use her, and she and Ed danced or something. Either way, isn't it implied in the movie that Ed marries Winry?

At least the dub/fansub I watched it on said that he was in love with her and whatnot. And no, in the shamballa movie, Ed goes back to the "real world" and again ditches winry in the alchemy world.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"]It's been a while since I've seen the first anime, but I don't recall Ed falling in love with Rose. I remember she was involved with Scar's plan to create a stone, and then Dante planned to use her, and she and Ed danced or something. Either way, isn't it implied in the movie that Ed marries Winry?lightleggy
At least the dub/fansub I watched it on said that he was in love with her and whatnot. And no, in the shamballa movie, Ed goes back to the "real world" and again ditches winry in the alchemy world.

oh, it was one of the OVA's
Another OVA shows three children in a modern city who bear a striking resemblance to Ed, Al, and Winry who go visit an elderly Edward who is their grandfather. It is unknown who Ed married, our world's Winry or his world's Winry who might have found a way across. However, since Ed has an automail left arm, it seems quite possible that it is the Winry from Amestris who is still looking after him, though now as his wife. fma wikia

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

It's possible that the Mangaka didn't want to spoil anything. It was clear to everyone involved that the anime will steer away from the manga, so yea.

rabunzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 rabunzel
Member since 2009 • 258 Posts
I don't think he was in love with her they danced together and she said she loves him then he said: you do? But I thought we were friends only. Then realized something is going on and stopped dancing. I think he liked Winry though, blushed sometimes around her and so. But I'm certain he didn't like rose, perhaps he felt pity for her since she was raped and had a baby.