Someone who won't accept your apology-what to do?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by the_plan_man (1545 posts) -

What do you do if someone doesn't accept your apology? I created a Facebook page for a local business we opened for our business club at a college, then one of my teammates messaged me to take it down as they had already another official one, but then I sincerely apologized about making and managing the page for two months, and she didn't accept the apology and unfriended me. The next meeting is Monday. What is your advice?

#2 Edited by Storm_Marine (10766 posts) -

You have to learn to not let bitches bother you. "shrugs"

#3 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1743 posts) -

you went with the wrong plan, man.

#4 Posted by hippiesanta (9755 posts) -

You have to learn to not let bitches bother you. "shrugs"

lol ..... girls love to make friend request ....... and when they feel they don't need you... they just unfriend without notice ........

#5 Posted by Masculus (2818 posts) -

Tell this person to go fuck itself then.

#6 Edited by lamprey263 (22607 posts) -
#7 Posted by johnd13 (7881 posts) -

You already apologized. If she's so butthurt that won't accept your apology then there's nothing you can do about. Stop caring.

#8 Posted by narutosup (1571 posts) -

Hate her back

#9 Posted by MrGeezer (56014 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

You already apologized. If she's so butthurt that won't accept your apology then there's nothing you can do about. Stop caring.

True, but that only applies if it's a genuine apology. Sometimes people make a half-assed "apology" that actually just further insults the person. Like, "I'm SO sorry that you can't take a joke, let me apologize for having a sense of humor."

#10 Edited by wis3boi (31003 posts) -

life is better when you stop caring

#11 Edited by MrGeezer (56014 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

life is better when you stop caring

No it isn't. Life gets a whole lot worse.

#12 Edited by airshocker (28694 posts) -

You'll live.

#13 Posted by GazaAli (22492 posts) -

Dude you really need to take a deep breath and a step back. You're only going to exacerbate the situation by keeping to try and fix it. Let go of it, things have a way of working themselves out, specially once you're in a stage where you've already done everything in your power to fix them.

#14 Posted by the_plan_man (1545 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

Dude you really need to take a deep breath and a step back. You're only going to exacerbate the situation by keeping to try and fix it. Let go of it, things have a way of working themselves out, specially once you're in a stage where you've already done everything in your power to fix them.

Should I attend the next meeting, or say something to her then? What should I do?

#15 Posted by GazaAli (22492 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

Should I attend the next meeting, or say something to her then? What should I do?

What you need to do is to neutralize the whole situation by simply being nonreactive for a while. Go to the meeting and if you have something worthwhile to say BUSINESS related say it, otherwise shut up and listen. Give yourself and them alike some time to process the whole thing. As time passes they'll loosen up and become more willing to accept an apology or forget about the whole thing even. Stop obsessing about it, don't push them to the edge.

#16 Posted by the_plan_man (1545 posts) -

@GazaAli: What do I do if she or others brings it up?

#17 Posted by GazaAli (22492 posts) -

@GazaAli: What do I do if she or others brings it up?

You say you're sorry and that it was a wrong thing to do. You say it sincerely and if they push the envelope tell them to fuck off one way or another.

#18 Edited by the_plan_man (1545 posts) -

@GazaAli: Good advice, thanks. Do I try to explain myself againif they pressure me about it, or should saying sorry suffice?

#19 Posted by GazaAli (22492 posts) -

@GazaAli: Good advice, thanks. Do I try to explain myself againif they pressure me about it, or should saying sorry suffice?

Whatever the situation calls for. Generally speaking, don't let them antagonize you too much. We all make mistakes and unless you cost them some serious damage they don't have a right to beat you up for a relatively trivial mistake.

#20 Posted by the_plan_man (1545 posts) -

@GazaAli: Thanks for all this. I've been wondering...is going to the meeting a good idea if some of my teammates will be mad at me?

#21 Posted by GazaAli (22492 posts) -

@GazaAli: Thanks for all this. I've been wondering...is going to the meeting a good idea if some of my teammates will be mad at me?

If its something you have to do for your own good then yes absolutely. You can't allow them to marginalize you and stand in the way just because you made a mistake.

#22 Posted by Master_Live (13931 posts) -

This is like the third thread you make about this topic, does this lady has any legitimate power to kick you out out this business club?

#23 Edited by thegerg (14582 posts) -

Get the fuck over it.

#24 Posted by Cynical_Buzzard (224 posts) -

Drop it and just forget about it, it does you no good to dwell on it.

#25 Posted by Mercenary848 (9046 posts) -

Bro you have been worried and depreesed about this for days, its time to let it go

#26 Edited by LexLas (4202 posts) -

Plant a virus and take down her whole site. Then reopen yours ! Then unfriend her when she tries to friend you again. Thats the way of Neo Matrix ! Lol ..

#27 Edited by InEMplease (6314 posts) -

lol Business Club

#28 Edited by BossPerson (9432 posts) -

@the_plan_man said:

What do you do if someone doesn't accept your apology? I created a Facebook page for a local business we opened for our business club at a college, then one of my teammates messaged me to take it down as they had already another official one, but then I sincerely apologized about making and managing the page for two months, and she didn't accept the apology and unfriended me. The next meeting is Monday. What is your advice?

sounds like the guy is a fvcktard, so you should ignore him

Seriously, why would you even apologize OP. You deserve to shit on

#29 Posted by GamerForca (7073 posts) -

lol what a beta...

#30 Edited by the_plan_man (1545 posts) -

This is like the third thread you make about this topic, does this lady has any legitimate power to kick you out out this business club?

She is one of three students in charge...

#31 Posted by the_plan_man (1545 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@the_plan_man said:

If its something you have to do for your own good then yes absolutely. You can't allow them to marginalize you and stand in the way just because you made a mistake.

What would the idea of me not going do to me?

#32 Edited by THE_DRUGGIE (24961 posts) -

Put a cigarette out on her arm.

DISCLAIMER: Don't put a cigarette out on her arm.

#33 Posted by plageus900 (953 posts) -

I don't apologize to women. I would advise that you follow suit.

#34 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2256 posts) -

@Masculus said:

Tell this person to go fuck itself then.

#35 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Were you genuinely sincere when you apologized?

#36 Posted by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

Smack her.

#37 Posted by Behardy24 (2604 posts) -

Buy'em Pizza. Who doesn't love Pizza.